Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    Name anything more illegitimate than a corporate executive (Froman Citi) selecting 80% of an incoming presidents (Obama) entire cabinet 34 days before the election is held?

(Mr. Phil Collins on percussion. 1...2...3...4....)
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited January 2017
    Scalpers who obtained tickets to Donald Trump’s Jan. 20 presidential inauguration in hopes of flipping them for some quick and dirty cash are finding the secondary market is raining on their parade.
    http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=828996

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    JC29856 said:

Name anything more illegitimate than a corporate executive (Froman Citi) selecting 80% of an incoming presidents (Obama) entire cabinet 34 days before the election is held?

illegitimate - do you know what this word means? Or do you just toss it around for stuff you disagree with?

OMG Obama relied on the leadership of a large domestic financial institution for cabinet advice!!!

OMG Trump relied on Russia!!!

BSABSVR
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318

Scalpers who obtained tickets to Donald Trump’s Jan. 20 presidential inauguration in hopes of flipping them for some quick and dirty cash are finding the secondary market is raining on their parade.

I'll trade some MAGA stickers and a hat for the American flag Basket Of Deplorables LE sticker set....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

illegitimate - do you know what this word means? Or do you just toss it around for stuff you disagree with?

OMG Obama relied on the leadership of a large domestic financial institution for cabinet advice!!!

BSABSVR
    Shall we play and word game, jeopardy style?

not authorized by the law; not in accordance with accepted standards or rules

put trust in with confidence

a substitute, especially a person deputizing for another in a specific role or office.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why should anyone go to the inauguration of a fucking crazy sexual predator who can't even act like a normal adult if they don't want to?? EVERYONE should be boycotting Trump every chance they get. Remember, this is no normal president that people don't like. This is different.

because, as unfortunate as it is, they are there to play the game and get shit done. they can't expect to be able to fulfill their duties when they are staging a boycott that will affect zero change.
    They don't have to go to the inauguration to perform their duties. They also really don't have to stick their noses up Trump's ass to fulfill their duties. Politicians can protest Trump as POTUS in a lot of ways that won't harm the functioning of society or prevent positive change (if anything, it would prevent harmful change). IMO, the more politicians who stand against Trump whenever possible (and not attending the inauguration is a great way to do it since it sends a strong message relatively harmlessly), the better off America will be, because the alternative is the normalization of Trump... and THAT is potentially disastrous on a couple of different levels.
    I know attending the inauguration is not an official duty of theirs, I meant it will affect their duties indirectly. Trump is a child who will block all access to anyone who crosses him. that could have massive implications.
    Well then they should DEFINITELY boycott the inauguration in that case, and really dig in with their opposition to his bullshit. If these people start doing things because they are afraid of Trump's insanity and narcissism and sense of revenge, things are even worse that we feared. The answer is NOT to kowtow to Trump's extreme personality disorder. I am actually a little surprised that you think the answer to Trump and America's success is to bend over for him and take it up the ass.
    (FWIW, I do not mean that people should object anything Trump tries to do, even if it's a good idea. Not like the Republicans did to Obama for 8 years. If Trump ever comes up with a good idea, I would expect the Dems to support that idea.... Don't worry, if America could deal with how Obama was treated by the Republicans since 2008, where they literally boycotted anything that had a connection to him, America can handle principled opposition to Trump just fine). I'm much more worried about what would happen if everyone did what you seem to be suggesting and Trump became normalized, just like what Go Beavers is talking about.
    I was not at all suggesting anyone take it up the ass from Trump.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    JC29856 said:

Okay. Trump is less legitimate. And I must have missed whatever spawned all the Phil Collins references.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

BSABSVR
    Shall we play and word game, jeopardy style?

not authorized by the law; not in accordance with accepted standards or rules

a substitute, especially a person deputizing for another in a specific role or office

This is fun

not authorized by the law
    pretty sure what Obama did wasn't illegal. pretty sure Trump's treasonous tendencies are.

not in accordance with accepted standards or rules
    pretty sure past Presidents have sought outside advice to help fill their cabinet. pretty sure past Presidents didn't ask Russia for that advice.

I am confident I trust Froman/Obama more than I trust Putin/Trump

a substitute, especially a person deputizing for another in a specific role or office
    n/a
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    I actually don't know anything about Obama's cabinet selection done a month before the election (I assume that means before the 2008 election). What was illegitimate about it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

So.
    Why would President Trump supporters pay $200 for a free event anyway? They wouldn't, that's stupid.
    Here is a good one for you. Click it, you might expand your mind a little. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821342600322043905
    Closing your mind off all things President Trump does not do you any favours and doesn't let you converse rationally.

• Options
    A prominent magazine featuring President Trump https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318

A prominent magazine featuring President Trump https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

I don't think they used enough Photoshop, you can still see him...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

50 democrats are boycotting the inauguration. thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politics/duffy-democrat-boycott/index.html

My thought is that it is setting a precedent for future inauguration attendees from apposing parties. Hope people are not butt hurt when republicans refuse to attend the next democrat's.
    I won't have a sore rear if the next Dem president elect is an authoritarian, narcissistic, bigoted, sex offender. Do your best to not try and normalize trump, by the way.
    Lol,well I hope the rear heals by then because it sounds like it is festering at the moment! You forgot the word "rumored" in front of all of those allegations, unless you're getting your facts from buzzfeed. Wasn't Obama a "rumored" fascist, authoritarian, Muslim terrorist hell bent on destroying the constitution when he was inaugurated? Republicans hated that he was elected, but did they boycott inauguration? I cannot remember.
    False equivalency. Obama has infinitely more character and maturity than Trump. And Obama had to listen to it for all 8 years, much of it coming from Trump (questioning his birth certificate). I have yet to see or hear a democrat member of Congress say, "our number one priority is to see this president fail." Who's butt hurt about folks not attending Trump's inaguaral? Seems he's alienated just about every constituency out there. Did you go to the bully's birthday party in 4th grade?
    I just think it's funny. I never said that Trump had class or character or that Obama did not. The fact is tons of Republicans despise Obama and tons of Democrats despise Trump. But they were both elected president and those elected officials that are skipping will still be accountable to the American people even though the president will be Trump. Hate him or love him (and there are plenty on both sides of the spectrum) he IS the PEOTUS whether they show up to the event or not. That is not "normalizing", that is just a current fact. I'm not sure what kind of statement it is by not attending presidential events other than that of denial, or other than lose their ability to represent their constituents at a very publicized government event. How can they expect to have any voice if they do not show up. It just seems like a way of making an already toxic situation even more toxic.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    edited January 2017
    But dude, you can't seriously think that the Republicans despising Obama and Democrats (and just about everyone else) despising Trump are comparable, do you? I feel like it's apples and oranges. Hearkening back to Republican feelings about Obama to discuss feelings about Trump makes very little sense to me. So would comparing Dem hate of Bush Jr to hate of Trump, if anyone were doing that (Bush Jr looks fucking GREAT next to Trump). Trump is in a galaxy all his own. Nothing about him being POTUS is comparable to past presidents, past sentiments... nothing. Not even his cabinet. And he's not even president yet, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Donald J Trump is a fucking asshole
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

My thought is that it is setting a precedent for future inauguration attendees from apposing parties. Hope people are not butt hurt when republicans refuse to attend the next democrat's.
    I won't have a sore rear if the next Dem president elect is an authoritarian, narcissistic, bigoted, sex offender. Do your best to not try and normalize trump, by the way.
    Lol,well I hope the rear heals by then because it sounds like it is festering at the moment! You forgot the word "rumored" in front of all of those allegations, unless you're getting your facts from buzzfeed. Wasn't Obama a "rumored" fascist, authoritarian, Muslim terrorist hell bent on destroying the constitution when he was inaugurated? Republicans hated that he was elected, but did they boycott inauguration? I cannot remember.
    False equivalency. Obama has infinitely more character and maturity than Trump. And Obama had to listen to it for all 8 years, much of it coming from Trump (questioning his birth certificate). I have yet to see or hear a democrat member of Congress say, "our number one priority is to see this president fail." Who's butt hurt about folks not attending Trump's inaguaral? Seems he's alienated just about every constituency out there. Did you go to the bully's birthday party in 4th grade?
    I just think it's funny. I never said that Trump had class or character or that Obama did not. The fact is tons of Republicans despise Obama and tons of Democrats despise Trump. But they were both elected president and those elected officials that are skipping will still be accountable to the American people even though the president will be Trump. Hate him or love him (and there are plenty on both sides of the spectrum) he IS the PEOTUS whether they show up to the event or not. That is not "normalizing", that is just a current fact. I'm not sure what kind of statement it is by not attending presidential events other than that of denial, or other than lose their ability to represent their constituents at a very publicized government event. How can they expect to have any voice if they do not show up. It just seems like a way of making an already toxic situation even more toxic.
    You mean like when the republican leadership "boycotted" Obama's invite to the White House Christmas party? Those "tons of republicans" expressed their disdain often and repeatedly. Last time I checked, legislation wasn't introduced, voted on or debated at inaugural events. Nor does their absence not make Trump president. I'm not sure that the boycotted ones constituents think that their somehow not being represented in Congress if their reps don't attend. Big kerfuffle over a non-event. Lewis made a statement and that statement is garnering support of some of his colleagues. So what?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

It's a normalization because you're trying to say 'R's hated Obama but they showed up'. If Jeb Bush got elected and there were boycotts, you'd have a point. Trump is not an equivalent. He's mentally a sick person. If he never had wealth or celebrity, he'd be a societal throw away that you probably wouldn't trust rotating your tires.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,339
    I think for the next couple days peotus should be refered to as feotus
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

It's a normalization because you're trying to say 'R's hated Obama but they showed up'. If Jeb Bush got elected and there were boycotts, you'd have a point. Trump is not an equivalent. He's mentally a sick person. If he never had wealth or celebrity, he'd be a societal throw away that you probably wouldn't trust rotating your tires.
    Societal throwaway? Wow your liberal hate is deep.
    It is amazing how people can pretend they are psychiatrists or psychologists online and peddle quackery.

My mother always taught me to ignore the haters but be aware of their hate. If anyone agrees that's my kind of person and is in my crowd.

I rotate tires in an autoshop as part of my trade.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821415698278875137
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    my2hands said:

Yup. That he is.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

You love this?

Alas for the Trump voters, the disasters he will bring on this country will fall more heavily on them than anyone else. The uneducated white males who elected him are the vulnerable ones, and they will not like what happens next.
    Seems pretty Hitlerish.

Yes. I guess because I could relate in a lot of things (being a booklover, birdwatcher, homecooker, grammar nazi...). And maybe what the author describes is another one of the stages of grief that people, me included, are going through with this situation. I also loved the little sparkle of hope that he gave in the end.
    I don't understand your last sentence. Are you using the H-word for the shock effect? To offend me (being German)? I don't wish any bad on anyone. From what I am seeing, this might fit better for the Drumpf voters and defenders. I don't believe in God, I am not spiritual, but I do like it when I see a glimpse of karma in action. Other than that, I hope we will all get out of this alive and mentally and physically healthy.
    Just finally reading through the thread.
    I threw in Hitler because the liberals throw that word around like nothing when describing President Trumps antics. That's how stupid sounding an opinion like that is for anything just like the article you posted. The article you posted that you love is vile spew. Nothing to do with you at all.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    my2hands said:

Unfortunately for America it's President Fucking Asshole
  • Options

You love this?

Alas for the Trump voters, the disasters he will bring on this country will fall more heavily on them than anyone else. The uneducated white males who elected him are the vulnerable ones, and they will not like what happens next.
    Seems pretty Hitlerish.

Yes. I guess because I could relate in a lot of things (being a booklover, birdwatcher, homecooker, grammar nazi...). And maybe what the author describes is another one of the stages of grief that people, me included, are going through with this situation. I also loved the little sparkle of hope that he gave in the end.
    I don't understand your last sentence. Are you using the H-word for the shock effect? To offend me (being German)? I don't wish any bad on anyone. From what I am seeing, this might fit better for the Drumpf voters and defenders. I don't believe in God, I am not spiritual, but I do like it when I see a glimpse of karma in action. Other than that, I hope we will all get out of this alive and mentally and physically healthy.
    Just finally reading through the thread.
    I threw in Hitler because the liberals throw that word around like nothing when describing President Trumps antics. That's how stupid sounding an opinion like that is for anything just like the article you posted. The article you posted that you love is vile spew. Nothing to do with you at all.
    That's libtardaplorable to you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

wow, what a shocker that Billy Corgan is a Trumpster. :lol:

funny thing about narcissists, they seem to be attracted to one another.
  • Options
    2 more days until this thread title is untrue. Not sad!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

they won't be.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    this allegedly grabbed vagina wants its day in court:
    https://yahoo.com/tv/former-apprentice-contestant-summer-zervos-202140790.html

Former Apprentice Contestant Summer Zervos Suing President-Elect Trump For Defamation

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on Donald Trump‘s The Apprentice, announced on Tuesday that she is suing him for defamation – just four days before his inauguration as President.

Zervos’ lawyer Gloria Allred said during a press conference that the lawsuit was filed in New York on Tuesday and “seeks to make Donald Trump accountable for the damage he has caused Ms. Zervos,” who has accused the president-elect of sexual assault.

“Enough is enough. Truth matters. Women matter,” Allred said. “Those who allege that there were victims of sexual misconduct or sexual assault by Donald Trump matter.”

Zervos volunteered to take a polygraph examination ahead of the press conference in regard to her assault claims, Allred said. The polygraph was administered by a “very experienced” polygraph examiner, Allred claimed, and Zervos passed.

Allred said that Zervos is willing to dismiss the lawsuit if the president-elect retracts his “false statements” about her and confirms that her allegations are true.

Last year, Zervos was one of multiple women to publicly accuse Trump of sexual misconduct – including PEOPLE writer Natasha Stoynoff – in the weeks leading up to the election.
  • Options
    Sex offenders tend to have a lot of victims. Especially the old ones.
This discussion has been closed.