Options

America is fucked

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    MayDay10 said:

Thanks for the fascist poster, mayday. Why someone thinks an armed president is a good thing is a problem.

how about an armed Eagle? The gold-plated track on the Tank? The explosion in the background?

Saw that on my social media feed and thought it was the most absurd thing I have ever laid eyes on
    Trump wins election....that might be one of the most absurd things I have ever seen.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:

Trump
    Trump voters
    Trump enablers
    Hillary Clinton
    The DNC
    The Democratic Party
    The media

Just a partial list of those who are deserving of our scorn and contempt this morning.

:clap:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Think of 4 more years of Trump trying to do everything he can to stay in the world spotlight for the next 4 years. I shudder at the thought.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY

In the coming days, commentators will attempt to normalize this event. They will try to soothe their readers and viewers with thoughts about the “innate wisdom” and “essential decency” of the American people. They will downplay the virulence of the nationalism displayed, the cruel decision to elevate a man who rides in a gold-plated airliner but who has staked his claim with the populist rhetoric of blood and soil. George Orwell, the most fearless of commentators, was right to point out that public opinion is no more innately wise than humans are innately kind. People can behave foolishly, recklessly, self-destructively in the aggregate just as they can individually. Sometimes all they require is a leader of cunning, a demagogue who reads the waves of resentment and rides them to a popular victory. “The point is that the relative freedom which we enjoy depends of public opinion,” Orwell wrote in his essay “Freedom of the Park.” “The law is no protection. Governments make laws, but whether they are carried out, and how the police behave, depends on the general temper in the country. If large numbers of people are interested in freedom of speech, there will be freedom of speech, even if the law forbids it; if public opinion is sluggish, inconvenient minorities will be persecuted, even if laws exist to protect them.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-american-tragedy-donald-trump?mbid=social_facebook

I love this (and hate it for its accuracy). Thanks for posting it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignin said:

Think of 4 more years of Trump trying to do everything he can to stay in the world spotlight for the next 4 years. I shudder at the thought.

At least his handlers appear to have barred him from Twitter??
    The POTUS elect can't be trusted to have his own Twitter account. Bravo America.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^
    His Twitter account is fine.
    In fact it all sounds presidential lately. Have a look.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

At least his handlers appear to have barred him from Twitter??
    The POTUS elect can't be trusted to have his own Twitter account. Bravo America.
    Smartest thing his team has done. A POTUS shouldn't even have email or texting based on recent security breakdowns.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    If it sounds fine, that means someone else is running his twitter.
  • Options

Yeah, someone was already doing it some of the time (someone examined the IPs the tweets were coming from). It was easy to tell the difference without looking at the IPs though. The normal tweets were from the handler, and the insane ones were always from Trump.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    how much gold will be thrown around the white house during upcoming renovations?

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, someone was already doing it some of the time (someone examined the IPs the tweets were coming from). It was easy to tell the difference without looking at the IPs though. The normal tweets were from the handler, and the insane ones were always from Trump.
    Not anymore.
    His twitter is fine now.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    chadwick said:

how much gold will be thrown around the white house during upcoming renovations?

Shits hard to clean.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    PJ_Soul said:

Trump will soon realize that he's going to be the Republicans bitch. All those thinking he's got total control are dreaming. The only thing they can't control is his public speaking that isn't scripted statement. Fall in line private.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Not anymore.
    His twitter is fine now.
    Yeah, that's because he hasn't been allowed to use it anymore. Only his handlers get to (supposedly... I'm sure he can use it if he doesn't listen to advice, and probably will. He loves ranting on Twitter).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    If Hilary had one the other half of the country would be outraged (hardly any one in here). With clear corruption that many simply seem to excuse or deny, the complaints would be.
    Why is she not in jail?
    Why does she claim to be the hero for women, but slander her husband's victims?
    Why can she destroy evidence without any consequence?
    What the hack did they really talk about in that plane? It certainly wasn't grandkids.

Trump has issues. But why is it so hard to understand Hilary's issues and actions seem like a bigger issue than Trump's ego and rudeness to half the country? I'd pick Trump and his crude comments (and so far, that's all we know them to be were comments) over Hilary's to-the-bone corruption. The denial of her corruption is what is mind boggling to me.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    After the Clinton email scandal, you'd think all future Presidents would stay away from email and social media...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

If Hilary had one the other half of the country would be outraged (hardly any one in here). With clear corruption that many simply seem to excuse or deny, the complaints would be.
    Why is she not in jail?
    What the hack did they really talk about in that plane? It certainly wasn't grandkids.

Trump has issues. But why is it so hard to understand Hilary's issues and actions seem like a bigger issue than Trump's ego and rudeness to half the country? I'd pick Trump and his crude comments (and so far, that's all we know them to be were comments) over Hilary's to-the-bone corruption. The denial of her corruption is what is mind boggling to me.

I guess it's just that open racism, threats of deportation and surveillance of an entire minority group, repeated sexual assault and perversion, and profound outspoken misogyny seem like much more than just crude comments. Oh, not to mention Trump's own corruption and fraud and extreme litigiousness and inability to take criticism and total lack of any kind of plan for a single thing he ever proposed during his campaign. The acceptance and normalization of all these things about him is what is mind boggling to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

Why is she not in jail?

I guess it's just that open racism, threats of deportation and surveillance of an entire minority group, repeated sexual assault and perversion, and profound outspoken misogyny seem like much more than just crude comments. Oh, not to mention Trump's own corruption and fraud and extreme litigiousness and inability to take criticism and total lack of any kind of plan for a single thing he ever proposed during his campaign. The acceptance and normalization of all these things about him is what is mind boggling to me.
    He will set us back till about 1958 at the least.
    the doomsday clock will move up though.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    That lyric from War by Outkast/Big Boi is so true.

"Basically America you got fucked."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    we should just go full reality show next time. Mark Cuban vs Donald Trump. Instead of debates we can do celebrity boxing
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

we should just go full reality show next time. Mark Cuban vs Donald Trump. Instead of debates we can do celebrity boxing

I would pay to see that.
    I would bet on Donald.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I won't be at all surprised if that happens. Well, no. I will be surprised if Trump would be up for a 2nd term. He didn't even want to be POTUS in the first place. I think he'll either keel over dead during his first term or not run again. I think Paul Ryan will go for it in 2020 (kind of obvious), Ted Cruz might try again, and Trump might make Chris Christie believe he should try again too. I am wracking my brain to think of a single Republican who might run and is also kind of normal, but I can't think of any.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    As long as he gets a good price from his buddies down the road at the diamond district! lmao
    chadwick said:

• Options
    rssesq said:

As long as he gets a good price from his buddies down the road at the diamond district! lmao

chadwick said:

wonder where he will get his cheap labour?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    labour? is that French?
  • Options
    rssesq said:

labour? is that French?

exactly.... gotta distinguish myself from the "real" americans who voted Trump. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rssesq said:

labour? is that French?

British spelling. You know, how every English-speaking nation in the world besides the US spells it.
This discussion has been closed.