Options

America is fucked

Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I'm much more of a never her, than an I'm with him. I wanted Joe to run but he dropped the ball BIGTIME!
  • Options
    or should I say DWS and the Democratic Party dropped the ball bigtime
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

If you support Donald Trump, you obviously have no place in this fanclub. You are against everything that Pearl Jam stands for. Peace, respect to others. If you defend a ordinary billionare with everything you have, think of your place here. I've seen even people swearwords drop here. People who accuse others only to stand with their point. When you are so obsessed with Trump, that you even use swearwords on your fellow fans, again, think of your place. I'm shocked.

I'm fine with whoever wants to be a PJ fan. It's been helpful to me to have Trump supporters in here because I better understand their thinking. I was in disbelief when he won the nomination and it took them awhile to come out of the closet.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

If you support Donald Trump, you obviously have no place in this fanclub. You are against everything that Pearl Jam stands for. Peace, respect to others. If you defend a ordinary billionare with everything you have, think of your place here. I've seen even people swearwords drop here. People who accuse others only to stand with their point. When you are so obsessed with Trump, that you even use swearwords on your fellow fans, again, think of your place. I'm shocked.

He's the one/He likes all our pretty songs/And he likes to sing along/And he likes to shoot his gun/But he don't know what it means.

Reminds me of the douchebags I knew in junior and high school that listened to that alt rock before they moved on to Limp Bullshit.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

This might come as a shock to you ... some of us could give a rats ass what celebrity opinions are, what makes you think their opinion is more important, and I'll bet there are more people in this fan club that don't agree with the bands politics...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    lukin2006 said:

This might come as a shock to you ... some of us could give a rats ass what celebrity opinions are, what makes you think their opinion is more important, and I'll bet there are more people in this fan club that don't agree with the bands politics...
    but isn't your man Trump a "celebrity" after all?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

I don't think will see another female run for this office for a long time ..

Yes we will as long as Stein is around. I like Tulsi since she's anti Hillary and pro Bernie.
    Stein's never going to amount to any more than she does now.
    But I think that other women will come along soon enough. I'm personally enamoured with Elizabeth Warren, but she's already 67 or something like that, so unfortunately she won't likely decide to run (no idea if she'd consider it either way).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310

I don't think will see another female run for this office for a long time ..

Yes we will as long as Stein is around. I like Tulsi since she's anti Hillary and pro Bernie.
    I hope your correct ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Remember that this band supported an administration that continued war mongering, meddling and bullying...and yes weaponized drones and armed aircraft dropping bombs is still war, supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia so they can carry out military stake in Yemen is still war mongering...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    I should have added to my comment, I won't respond to Trump fans. You have absolutely have no honour, thus I will not speak to you. Not one word.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I'm fine with whoever wants to be a PJ fan. It's been helpful to me to have Trump supporters in here because I better understand their thinking. I was in disbelief when he won the nomination and it took them awhile to come out of the closet.
    Yeah, I am not cool with Trump supporters at all, but I'm not about to tell people that they don't belong in a paid fanclub. I mean, I can't say I really understand people who oppose the politics of such a political band but as still superfans (i kind of figure they must not give a shit about song lyrics, or...??) ... but everyone who pays for a membership and follows the club rules belong in the fanclub.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

So who do we have to support to belong in the fanclub then?
    Anyone who doesn't support harted and war.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

lukin2006 said:

but isn't your man Trump a "celebrity" after all?
    A huge one, and has been for decades.
  • Options
    and lets not forget Nader support led to 8 years of Chimpy
  • Options

So who do we have to support to belong in the fanclub then?
    Anyone who doesn't support harted and war.
    I don't think hatred can be thrown back in your face, but these folks think Clinton is the ultimate war monger as well as a murderer, so that argument probably won't work for you here. ;)
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    edited November 2016
    It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone. The only thing I said is: Fans should not fight with each other about their political opinion. Only thing I added is: remember that your opinion isn't the one of the band you claim to love. And look at the reactions.
    Post edited by JustaPJFan on
  • Options
    edited November 2016

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone.

Didn't you just say that you won't even reply to Trump fans? Hey, I'm on your side when it comes to the feelings of disgust, but you can't really say what you just said while you also said you refuse to even engage with those who don't hold the same opinion as you..... Just sayin'.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone. The only thing I said is: Fans should not fight with each other about their political opinion. Only thing I added is: remember that your opinion isn't the one of the band you claim to love. And look at the reactions.

I m guessing you ve had a little too much white zinfinadel since the progression of your posts make little sense.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

If you haven't seen it already.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhFGO8R7aU
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Awv8dySZaHE

Trump supporters before the election, Clinton supporters after the election...hehehe

• Options
    Trumps acceptance speech, just in case some fell a sleep.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-smetnW-k28

• Options
    edited November 2016
    ^^^^ Points out how the US election system badly needs an overhaul. I pray that this election at least does one thing good: Get rid of the idiotic, wasteful, tedious, ridiculous primaries that make the election last a million years. Of course people were overloaded with this shit.
    (but FWIW, he just confirmed the level of denial that America is in. The immediate reaction to Trump being elected has largely been to try and ignore a lot of important issues by attempting to distract people with the warm and fuzzies. I'm sure everyone is doing so with the best intentions).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hillarys concession speech

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPBjOnHTaM

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Awv8dySZaHE

Trump supporters before the election, Clinton supporters after the election...hehehe

:rofl:
  • Options

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I m guessing you ve had a little too much white zinfinadel since the progression of your posts make little sense.
    You, are a very good reader.
    I did have some wine. It wasn't my intention to provoke Trump fans or anything. Also, I over exaggerated a bit.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Definition of irony: people hating on people they think are haters. The hateful and condescending posts I am reading on here justify the rural voters distrust of liberals and their candidates. This reminds me of the South Park episode when they moved to San Fran and loved the smell of their own farts.

I didn't vote Trump. He makes me nervous. I don't think the sky has fallen though.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's so funny to see how triggered you all are. I would worry about the fact that America is clearly divided in two parts. You seek fights with your own folk, remember what Obama said, first of all, you are Americans. In the end, everyone is the same. Regardless of opinion. You should not be so easily touched by one opinion of the other side. Acting like little kids now. Look out for a civil war everyone.

Didn't you just say that you won't even reply to Trump fans? Hey, I'm on your side when it comes to the feelings of disgust, but you can't really say what you just said while you also said you refuse to even engage with those who don't hold the same opinion as you..... Just sayin'.
    I am sorry of this. I didn't mean to provoke Trump fans in anyway. But some always react so aggressive if you share a different opinon. I'm sure that there are loads of them as well who behave well and are good in their hearts. I over exaggerated here and I take back those words. Sorry.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    lukin2006 said:

Remember that this band supported an administration that continued war mongering, meddling and bullying...and yes weaponized drones and armed aircraft dropping bombs is still war, supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia so they can carry out military stake in Yemen is still war mongering...

Some fair and accurate info here.
  • Options
    Hillary never heard of a war she didn't support. Bernie bros knew that and so should you, puhleeze kid
This discussion has been closed.