Options

Only 2 Drummers Get In? RnRHOF. Merged

Comments

• Options
    I wish I cared about ANYTHING as much as some people on here care about each of Pearl Jam's drummers, even ones that never played on album, getting into the RnRHOF.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    mrpink90 said:

Why would you want to sit in the audience and watch a band you were fired from be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

its not pearl jam's decision that hes not being inducted. as a sign of respect and appreciation for what he contributed to the band they should invite him. and i guarantee he would go.
    maybe Jack will be the one who inducts them
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    "pearl jam better invite dave and jack"

Or what?

You won't renew your 10c membership?

You'll stop listening?

What are you going to do if they don't invite Dave and Jack?
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Does Boom officially contribute to albums or does Brendan do the keyboards? How much does Boom contribute? Love him but...
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    mrpink90 said:

Why would you want to sit in the audience and watch a band you were fired from be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

its not pearl jam's decision that hes not being inducted. as a sign of respect and appreciation for what he contributed to the band they should invite him. and i guarantee he would go.
    I didn't say anything about him not being inducted. Fact is he was kicked out of the band all those years ago and none of us really know how he feels about that now or how the band feels. You say you guarantee he'd go so I guess you know him personally.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064

I wish I cared about ANYTHING as much as some people on here care about each of Pearl Jam's drummers, even ones that never played on album, getting into the RnRHOF.

Don't confuse caring with boredom. I think the whole thing is a joke, but it's a good reason for the band to play a few songs live.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited October 2016
    Dirty Tom said:

I don't think Boom should be inducted. Only because he wasn't with the band for the 25 years. As far as the drummers, that's a tough call....

Boom's not even technically a band member according to Pearl Jam themselves, so I don't think he could be inducted in any case (nor should he be).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    PJ_Soul said:

Dirty Tom said:

I don't think Boom should be inducted. Only because he wasn't with the band for the 25 years. As far as the drummers, that's a tough call....

Boom's not even technically a band member, so I don't think he could be inducted in any case.
    i don't think Boom is technically a human. i think he is a living cloud of weed smoke with fingers.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Zod said:

All members who have helped the band to get from point A to the present should get nominated. Who cares if that would be 100 members for some bands (Kiss etc). Every brick that has made up that band should be nominated.

But if not, Dave A should still have gotten fucking nominated. Haha.

First the piss poor PJ20 doc treatment, now this. He deserves better. Haha.

I don't entirely agree. I would say the new members of Kiss didn't help Kiss get to the point they were a band worthy of getting into the RRoH. KISS legacy and career was long since cemented when they joined the band. I would agree with the RRoH that they shouldn't be inducted.

I agree with part of your statement though. If there were members that contributed to that legacy (IE they toured/recorded during the bands seminal albums) then yes they should get inducted (which would be my argument for Dave A.). It seems weird to leave Dave A. off when he contributed to 2/3 of PJ's biggest albums. I think it's different when musicians get added on later in a bands career, after they've already cemented their legend.
    RoR Hall of Fame should nominate BANDS not "these members of a band"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    jeffbr said:

100 Pacer said:

In a change of tradition, the Hall of Fame has announced the individual members of each band that will be honored. Pearl Jam have had five drummers, but only current drummer Matt Cameron and founding member Dave Krusen will be inducted should they make it in

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I agree with that call.
    I agree with it too.
    Maybe the minority is really the majority. I agree as well.
    I agree as well.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    lol
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    Dave A. (and Jack) should have absolutely gotten in. Krusen not so much because he quit after the album was recorded, has only one writing credit, and didn't tour the album. With respect to Krusen's contribution, the band thought Krusen's drums "didn't catch the feel" of Even Flow, so they ended up re-recording it with Dave A., anyway. RNRHOF is baffling.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

"pearl jam better invite dave and jack"

Or what?

You won't renew your 10c membership?

You'll stop listening?

What are you going to do if they don't invite Dave and Jack?

Waiting for an answer....
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Boom is in right? Just want to make sure...
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    if Krusen is inducted since he is a 'founding member', then why was Chad Channing excluded when Nirvana was inducted?

Hopefully PJ will be gracious and mention the other drummers not included.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415

mrpink90 said:

I didn't say anything about him not being inducted. Fact is he was kicked out of the band all those years ago and none of us really know how he feels about that now or how the band feels. You say you guarantee he'd go so I guess you know him personally.
    dave has had nothing but nice things to say about his time in pearl jam
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    surforia said:

Dave A. (and Jack) should have absolutely gotten in. Krusen not so much because he quit after the album was recorded, has only one writing credit, and didn't tour the album. With respect to Krusen's contribution, the band thought Krusen's drums "didn't catch the feel" of Even Flow, so they ended up re-recording it with Dave A., anyway. RNRHOF is baffling.

I don't think he quit because he didn't want to be in the band. Wasn't he going to rehab and they couldn't wait for him. Or maybe it was mutual.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    igotid88 said:

surforia said:

I don't think he quit because he didn't want to be in the band. Wasn't he going to rehab and they couldn't wait for him. Or maybe it was mutual.
    rehab...and he admitted that they gave him a lot of chances to clean up. He's drumming for Candlebox now, so seems like he's doing well.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    Sucks.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

igotid88 said:

surforia said:

rehab...and he admitted that they gave him a lot of chances to clean up. He's drumming for Candlebox now, so seems like he's doing well.
    yea and they're still coming fresh off Andy Wood.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I believe most of PJ's former drummers were in at least 2 successful bands or had steady work. Except for Dave A. Is there a reason. I mean he has a section of the population that loves him. You would think some band would want to tap into that market?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2016
    In the 22 yrs since its clear that his time in PJ means way more to us than it does to the four guys. We got the end product. They lived it and it obviously wasnt always a fun time. Im sure Eddie and whoever else doesnt want to share the stage with him and thats fine. We all lose friends/coworkers under bad circumstances and dont care to ever see them again

To the fans hes the guy we knew from the explosion. From unplugged and the award shows. Etc. fan friendly guy to the max which is why hes still so liked around here.

It is what it is. I think he deserves his trophy but when has the Rock hall ever made much sense? Im sure its a relief to the band. Its nostalgia for me and nothing more
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    JB128716 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I can't believe people even care about Dave A getting in. He's nothing. Not a good song writer and an average drummer at best. He could NEVER play the shows we've come to expect from PJ now. NEVER.

He wrote Go.

I like Go.

Go is better than any song I've ever written.
    He wrote one song lol. that one song was originally written on an acoustic but then obviously used with electric guitars.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am surprised that they went this route, considering Vedder's friendship with Jack Irons.

Here is my theory – they are using only using Pearl Jam's first drummer. It's just so happens that they have two first drummers. Yes, Krusen was the first official drummer, appearing on Ten and performing with them their first year as a band – but Cameron was there for the original demo of the band. The same demo tape that landed in Vedder's hands.

This may sound like a crazy theory, but it is my best attempt at providing logic to the band's decision. At the end of the day, its really their business, not ours.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Nobody cares more about drummers than PJ fans.

Nobody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZrqC5LL_oo
  • Options

I am surprised that they went this route, considering Vedder's friendship with Jack Irons.

Here is my theory – they are using only using Pearl Jam's first drummer. It's just so happens that they have two first drummers. Yes, Krusen was the first official drummer, appearing on Ten and performing with them their first year as a band – but Cameron was there for the original demo of the band. The same demo tape that landed in Vedder's hands.

This may sound like a crazy theory, but it is my best attempt at providing logic to the band's decision. At the end of the day, its really their business, not ours.

the Hall decides not the band
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited October 2016
    RKCNDY said:

if Krusen is inducted since he is a 'founding member', then why was Chad Channing excluded when Nirvana was inducted?

Great point about Chad Canning, but the RRHOF has always made 'curious' decisions. The inclusion of Krusen over DA or JI doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but whatever.

I'll be shocked if no one gives a shout out to Dave & Jack. I would expect at least a couple of the guys to mention & thank them.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

RKCNDY said:

Great point about Chad Canning, but the RRHOF has always made 'curious' decisions. The inclusion of Krusen over DA or JI doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but whatever.

I'll be shocked if no one gives a shout out to Dave & Jack. I would expect at least a couple of the guys to mention & thank them.
    Surely a mention. Probably by Mike.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

Dave Krusen played on their best selling album. Chad Canning left before they hit it big.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    #Alldrummersmatter
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06