Options

Only 2 Drummers Get In? RnRHOF. Merged

Comments

• Options

I don't understand why people are so against him getting some kind of recognition at least. Its as if he did something to personally attack you and you are holding a grudge. We don't want him to tour again, just be acknowledged. How dare we!

I can't understand why people are making such a stink over a drummer who's not much better than average.
    Maybe try to give it another thought if you're too dense to understand.
    I may be dense, but not so dense as to think that Dave A was the 'driving force' of the band that has thrived for over two decades since his departure.

Now THAT is dense.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Insert any drummer from 91-94 and the result is the same. People were hooked into ed ved, plain and simple.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    mcgruff10 said:

Insert any drummer from 91-94 and the result is the same. People were hooked into ed ved, plain and simple.

co-signed, come at me evenbros
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Insert any bass player from 91-94 and the result is the same.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I don't understand why people are so against him getting some kind of recognition at least. Its as if he did something to personally attack you and you are holding a grudge. We don't want him to tour again, just be acknowledged. How dare we!

I can't understand why people are making such a stink over a drummer who's not much better than average.
    I may be dense, but not so dense as to think that Dave A was the 'driving force' of the band that has thrived for over two decades since his departure.

Now THAT is dense.
    Who says that he was the "driving" force?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    stone was the driving force.
    dave was a beast on the kit, we all know that. no one can deny the energy he provided in that era. he was phenomenal.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308

mcgruff10 said:

Whoa! Let's not get crazy here.

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    mcgruff10 said:

it took 5 people to play those songs.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

yep. and Porch is not this good anymore
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGiwRfGGkU
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

Now THAT is dense.
    Who says that he was the "driving" force?
    I thought you may have earlier in the thread. Maybe I'm wrong there, if so, my bad.
  • Options
    NewJPage said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

This is pretty badass, can't deny that.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

bbiggs said:

lolobugg said:

igotid88 said:
    Excellent. This is the way you would want a former band member to act.
    Very classy of Krusen. Well done.
    Really cool interview. Seems like a very humble guy and, as he says himself, it seems as though the other guys played a part in that maturity.
    Nothing at all against Krusen, but to be fair, you cant judge a person's class by how they react to receiving an honour. Had he acted like this if he were in Abbruzzesse's shoes, then yes, it would be classy.

Dave A should have simply said "congrats to my former band at being inducted, and although the hall chose to not include me, id like to believe my contributions over the years had some kind of affect on their nomination". After all his whining and foot stomping, I woukdnt be surprised if this soured the other guys from mentioning him at the ceremony.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,469

bbiggs said:

lolobugg said:

igotid88 said:
    Really cool interview. Seems like a very humble guy and, as he says himself, it seems as though the other guys played a part in that maturity.
    Nothing at all against Krusen, but to be fair, you cant judge a person's class by how they react to receiving an honour. Had he acted like this if he were in Abbruzzesse's shoes, then yes, it would be classy.

Dave A should have simply said "congrats to my former band at being inducted, and although the hall chose to not include me, id like to believe my contributions over the years had some kind of affect on their nomination". After all his whining and foot stomping, I woukdnt be surprised if this soured the other guys from mentioning him at the ceremony.

+1
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options

bbiggs said:

lolobugg said:

igotid88 said:

i agree somewhat. i guess none of us know the true circumstances surrounding his departure from the band? that must play into it. anyway, the Hall is ridiculous. we'd probably be better off without it.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446

mcgruff10 said:

Well... considering this particular bass player was cofounder of the band I'm going to say that statement is inaccurate.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

mcgruff10 said:

ludicrous.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

True but ed made this band what they are in terms of popularity.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

stone and jeff wrote Ten. that is incredibly significant.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,469

mcgruff10 said:

further confirmation of the end of reason and sanity.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m not debating that. Although ed wrote porch ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

sure he did. after all a Gibson guitar and Fender guitar are gonna have the same tone every time no matter who plays them. same goes for any instrument. the singer cannot be replicated. I would say its more a circumstance of the position more than the singer being the one who makes the band what it is. but again, a good drummer is too often undervalued and perhaps one of the reasons so few bands really ever make a living in this business. why? cuz the drummer keeps the tempo. without it, nothing works. and when you have a phenomenal drummer like Dave, you're gonna get albums like Vs and Vitalogy. Albums written with great songs that were made to sound nearly perfect in the studio. Someone had to keep all that together.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,187
    edited December 2016
    NewJPage said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Love this. This is what sold me on Dave (skip to min 1:24)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAYoo5SDM9A&t=1m24s
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m not debating that. Although ed wrote porch ;)
    ok, so I guess maybe I missed your point. that Ed would have been as popular without the other guys? to me, no stone or jeff, and no pearl jam or Ed.

I think the reason Ed got so popular is because he became such a recluse.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    They all rightfully deserve their attention.
    Dave K. drummed on Ten which got them out of the gates and on to the map.
    Dave A. assisted with the most tumultuous time for any band - the follow up albums.
    Jack contributed to 2 of their most iconic albums that cemented a faithful fan base.
    Matt has provided a glue that has bound them all together at a time when many bands coast into twilight.
    If anything, the R&RHoF is only further supporting their own irrelevance.
  • Options
    Jbarker said:

They all rightfully deserve their attention.
    Dave K. drummed on Ten which got them out of the gates and on to the map.
    Dave A. assisted with the most tumultuous time for any band - the follow up albums.
    Jack contributed to 2 of their most iconic albums that cemented a faithful fan base.
    Matt has provided a glue that has bound them all together at a time when many bands coast into twilight.
    If anything, the R&RHoF is only further supporting their own irrelevance.

very well said.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I still don't know if I care about this or don't give a fuck in the least. Somewhere in the middle I guess.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Very spinal tap isn't it! Don't know what the big deal is just acknowledge them all...all played a part and make the band what it is today...as someone pointed out the original Nirvanas drummer wasn't inducted, which shows the hall of fame is basically a hall of FAME ...and not a recognition of the hard road before money was made. Dave A should quietly accept the decision and not taint the ceremony...although I believe he should be there. Great for the band...although I not a fan of this sort of thing...seems elitist....arts art and not a human being becoming a golden god. Anyway...congratulations!
  • Options
    cydonia said:

Very spinal tap isn't it! Don't know what the big deal is just acknowledge them all...all played a part and make the band what it is today...as someone pointed out the original Nirvanas drummer wasn't inducted, which shows the hall of fame is basically a hall of FAME ...and not a recognition of the hard road before money was made. Dave A should quietly accept the decision and not taint the ceremony...although I believe he should be there. Great for the band...although I not a fan of this sort of thing...seems elitist....arts art and not a human being becoming a golden god. Anyway...congratulations!

and Dave Grohl was classy as fuck at the ceremony. He told the world that his drumming on Nevermind was copied from Chad's drumming on the demos. no question that chad should have been in.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    I wonder how many more pages will be added to this thread?
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    cydonia said:

as someone pointed out the original Nirvanas drummer wasn't inducted, which shows the hall of fame is basically a hall of FAME ...and not a recognition of the hard road before money was made.

Dave A was there for both of those periods though. He slogged through the small clubs for little pay and he drummed for the biggest band in the world. It's part of why it makes no sense not to include him
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
This discussion has been closed.