Options

Only 2 Drummers Get In? RnRHOF. Merged

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    edited December 2016
    on2legs said:

At the end of the day... it's the band decision to invite him as a guest. And I'm fine with what they decide is best. We have no idea of the real back story. People accept conjecture as fact and assume a lot. The truth is we don't know what really happened. So we should leave it up to the 5 guys in the band to decide. They have the only opinion that counts.

100% spot on - all this nonsense about 'do the right thing' is only the opinion of people who think they know what the 'right thing' is.

No one here knows what went on behind the scenes, so if the guys in the band want to have him there as a guest, great. If not, great.

Enough of this 'do the right thing'.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,686
    edited December 2016
    Dave A played on Vs and Vitaligy, was fired 22 years ago and contributed to a book that trashed Eddie. He was had some legal issues. He played in about 20% of the bands live shows, was he better than Matt, not even close. I'm sure the band will mention him during acceptance speech but move on. It's not the end of the world.
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    edited December 2016
    Where's the dead horse GIF?

Also if Dave was so great and talented as his defenders claim, why didnt he land a decent gig after being fired? Some people around here act like he was the second coming of John Bonham.

IBTL..... again.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    David A. was the best drummer they had (IMO), no offense to Matt or any of the others, but it's not happening. Maybe if he didn't act like a child since being fired he would have been asked to join them on stage. I'd be surprised, but happy, if they did.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    igotid88 said:

it was not their decision

I find that hard to believe. Eddie is a powerful person.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    E.K said:

Tired of hearing about it and reading Dave's shitty posts on his Facebook page.
    It's time he got over it ...

The posts are kind of annoying. They hurt him more than they help.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited December 2016
    There is already a thread or two on this, no need to create more. And for God's sake find something to do other than worry about Dave fucking A. Good god, people!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options

igotid88 said:

It's up to the Hall, not Eddie or anyone else that has anything to do with the band.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

There is already a thread or two on this, no need to create more. And for God's sake find something to other than worry about Dave fucking A. Good god, people!

Spot on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

igotid88 said:

The RnR HOF voting committee chooses who gets in & who doesn't. This isn't new this year, and is usually a hot topic of debate every year (see Kiss, Blondie, Nirvana etc etc etc) - so no, Eddie had nothing to do with it.

(if he did though, he probably would have included Jack Irons considering what he did for this band)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221

igotid88 said:

It's up to the Hall, not Eddie or anyone else that has anything to do with the band.
    Yah but we all know if the band believes in something, there are things they were willing to do to try and saw opinion. To be fair maybe they have tried and maybe there's only so far they are willing to go. They did fire him, and they don't look back on that chapter very often. I imagine they wouldn't do anything crazy to get him there.
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    I do not think he is better or worse than other drummers but yeh Matt is the man now and Dave K was the man first that is there rules but yes they should say here are all the drummers from our last and read the list and give thanks Dave A has blown this up to much

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    wall232 said:

David A. was the best drummer they had (IMO), no offense to Matt or any of the others, but it's not happening. Maybe if he didn't act like a child since being fired he would have been asked to join them on stage. I'd be surprised, but happy, if they did.

Millions of dollars involved. Millions. We would all be pissed if we had an annuity of 1 million a year just taken from us. Band can do what it wants and we don't know the backstory, but I can understand why Dave A is still pissed.
  • Options
    He should have never broken that guitar.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888

on2legs said:

At the end of the day... it's the band decision to invite him as a guest. And I'm fine with what they decide is best. We have no idea of the real back story. People accept conjecture as fact and assume a lot. The truth is we don't know what really happened. So we should leave it up to the 5 guys in the band to decide. They have the only opinion that counts.

100% spot on - all this nonsense about 'do the right thing' is only the opinion of people who think they know what the 'right thing' is.

No one here knows what went on behind the scenes, so if the guys in the band want to have him there as a guest, great. If not, great.

Enough of this 'do the right thing'.
    Bump. I agree with On2legs & Merkin Baller 1000%....we don't know, so let it go! ♫
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options

wall232 said:

Millions of dollars involved. Millions. We would all be pissed if we had an annuity of 1 million a year just taken from us. Band can do what it wants and we don't know the backstory, but I can understand why Dave A is still pissed.
    If you don't know the backstory, then how can you understand why Dave is still pissed?

& who the f cares? The band obviously made the right decision, the last 22 years of success can't be argued with, no matter how much people love the guy.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

The RHOF is a shit event. It's not about the art that is music,it's a social club created by Jann Wenner. If it's about impact on the listener,I don't see why Dave A. got snubbed.

It's not a personal snub. The rules are the original and current lineup. It's the same for every band that gets in.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302

joseph33 said:

The RHOF is a shit event. It's not about the art that is music,it's a social club created by Jann Wenner. If it's about impact on the listener,I don't see why Dave A. got snubbed.

It's not a personal snub. The rules are the original and current lineup. It's the same for every band that gets in.
    Those aren't the rules
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    So sick of this discussion already.

Abbruzzese is a guy who won the lottery. Had nothing to do with the band's most seminal album, rode the train for a few years, but couldn't adapt to, or understand how to navigate the personalities of the band he was lucky to be in. So he got booted.

That's how bands work.

He's overreacting to the HOF snub. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme.

At Telluride, the band likely began its public (anyhow) reaching out to Abbruzzese in expectation of the HOF by playing his song "Angel" with Eddie acknowledging it was his song and sending positive thoughts to him. Remember, Abbruzzese has had his issues with the law recently.

And now, in his public reaction to the RRHOF's omission, he's been blowing it for himself again.

I want to feel sorry for him. But he's making it difficult.

I think it was last year, Jeff was asked about the possibility of a HOF induction. He talked about handling it "the right way." And not having all the drama some other bands have had. When I read that, I assumed they would be inviting Abbruzzese, Irons and Krusen - no matter who made the HOF's cut. Hopefully Dave doesn't blow that for himself.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

joseph33 said:

incorrect. for example, they only inducted the original 4 of Kiss. no current members that were not original. nirvana's original permanent drummer was Chad, who did not get inducted. the Hall decides on a case by case basis, and it never seems to make any sense.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,187

igotid88 said:

Pearl Jam would get in with just the first 3 albums. Those were important albums at a time when the direction of music was changing. Also there are a lot of bands or artists that are in with only a few or less albums.

agreed. nirvana getting in had zero to do with kurt's death. nevermind cemented them getting in. he could have released 7 consecutive albums on accordian and they still would have been given the nod.
    Thank you. Does no one remember the 90s? Nirvana blew through the airwaves with something completely different and impactful at a time where Paula Abdul, GnR, and Michael Jackson dominated radio. The impact Nevermind had was enough to get them in alone, the follow up albums just supported that.

You could say the same thing about Ten. As fans we have different opinions, but for non-fans, Ten is THE album they hold on to from Pearl Jam (maybe Vs. too). Ten had a huge impact on the music scene, those songs were all over the radio ad nauseam with real lyrics and issues people could connect to (compare to big showy rock al la GnR). The success of Vs and Vitaology as follow ups supported that. They could have thrown in the towel in 1994 and they'd still be getting in today. Just with Dave A. there too. ;)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    NewJPage said:

joseph33 said:

Those aren't the rules
    Honestly, who gives a shit? "Pearl Jam" is getting in. Does it really matter if the Hall doesn't include a guy who played drums on two albums? Regardless of what members get inducted/invited, the band and its music are in. If that means Dave A to you, then that's all that matters. If it means Jack to you, that's all that matters. If it means all five to you, that's all that matters. This is silly to sit here and beat the dead horse over and over.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    alright.... I propose we gather them all up you see... all the threads about Dave & Jack, we'll round 'em all up, and tuck 'em inside a box. Put 'em in that box and lock it up tight.
    Call it a Lock-Box if you will. Keep them in there so they are safe and warm over the holidays.
    It would be very strategeric.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

NewJPage said:

joseph33 said:

Those aren't the rules
    Honestly, who gives a shit? "Pearl Jam" is getting in. Does it really matter if the Hall doesn't include a guy who played drums on two albums? Regardless of what members get inducted/invited, the band and its music are in. If that means Dave A to you, then that's all that matters. If it means Jack to you, that's all that matters. If it means all five to you, that's all that matters. This is silly to sit here and beat the dead horse over and over.
    you made an incorrect statement, and he corrected it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock77 said:

Abbruzzese is a guy who won the lottery. Had nothing to do with the band's most seminal album, rode the train for a few years, but couldn't adapt to, or understand how to navigate the personalities of the band he was lucky to be in. So he got booted.

That's how bands work.

You hit the nail on the head, let's stop the pity party already.
  • Options

NewJPage said:

joseph33 said:

Those aren't the rules
    you made an incorrect statement, and he corrected it.
    And that's fine. :wink:
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Wma31394 said:

It is a communist act of treason Dave A is not getting in before Krusen....

My order would be..

Cameron
    Dave A.
    Irons
    Krusen

+1

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Perhaps Dave A. and Ed could hug it out onstage. Would only be slightly more awkward than that Dave Grohl/Courtney Love embrace.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    I've got a shovel. We could bury the lock-box, like a time capsule, but then forget where we buried it.
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I'd like to see a thread on how stoked Dave Krusen must be to be included in the RNRHoF.
This discussion has been closed.