THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I didn't watch the debates but saw the commentary immediately prior and agree with the comments that Trump and Clinton may be the 2 most unpopular presidential candidates ever. It's the worser of 2 evils. We are not going to be much better off with either.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,524

sorry I missed it (aside from highlights) it sounds like this debate has humbled some folks, the next one will be like the shoot-out at the O.K corral I'm sure.
    think about this though...Trump is so new to the political arena that finding dirt on him is nearly impossible(aside from business deals and past wives), he hasn't had the time or experience's to do or get caught doing anything like Hillary has. Emails and servers, Benghazi, political lies to the people, adversaries' dyeing before court dates or hearings, this woman has been around the block .....30 years ! and to tell you the truth I almost have to admire her and Bill because who else can pull off murder, blatant bold faced lies and a number of crimes other people went to prison for, this is the face of professional politics' and she's running for POTUS ! she is the Gangsters Gangster, the capo di tutti capi, and to lie to the faces of the mothers who lost their son's in Benghazi....that's a true criminal with no remorse or compassion.
    now as far as trump goes, who knows ? time will tell.

Godfather.

What? Some people really need to learn to move on. Benghazi was dealt with. 7 times to be specific. There is no evidence that Clinton did anything illegal. The email were deals with by the FBI. They didn't have the evidence to support charges. What the hell do you need to keep hearing Clinton say I won't do it again? There's nothing else to say about it. And I'd love for you or anyone to produce a shred of evidence that shows bill or Hillary murdered or had anyone murdered. Some of the most absurd notions I've ever heard.

There is plenty of dirt that can be dug up on trump. He's a sexist, racist, shrewd business man. All of the dirt has been dug up. What have you been watching/reading for the past year?
    "Facts", I have the best "facts".
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Smellyman said:

Clinton doesn't even have to try and still mop the floor with Trump's toupee. The fact we debate if Clinton 'won' the debate should make any half conscious human question reality.

The problem is the average Trump (God)voter doesn't care and most didn't even watch.

How can you say this? It was not an undeniable win for Clinton. There are many things Trump brought up on her that she did not answer.
    PP193448 said:

I didn't watch the debates but saw the commentary immediately prior and agree with the comments that Trump and Clinton may be the 2 most unpopular presidential candidates ever. It's the worser of 2 evils. We are not going to be much better off with either.

Exactly.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Her headset must have cut out at those times.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:

Her headset must have cut out at those times.

I don't think either had earpieces, I did look.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Smellyman said:

Clinton doesn't even have to try and still mop the floor with Trump's toupee. The fact we debate if Clinton 'won' the debate should make any half conscious human question reality.

The problem is the average Trump (God)voter doesn't care and most didn't even watch.

How can you say this? It was not an undeniable win for Clinton. There are many things Trump brought up on her that she did not answer.
    It takes some heavy bias to deny that it was a win for Clinton.
    Nobody is claiming she was perfect, but she trounced him and the only thing that could make a person think otherwise is an inability to overcome personal dislike for her.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Smellyman said:

Nobody is claiming she was perfect, but she trounced him and the only thing that could make a person think otherwise is an inability to overcome personal dislike for her.
    Clinton didn't win but Trump lost.
  • Smellyman said:

100million people watched this debate... That's a third of the country...
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,096
    Free said:

Smellyman said:

The sad thing is that there were kernels of truth in what Trump had to say, specifically with regards to Clinton's history. Unfortunately, as usual, his lack of basic decorum gave Clinton an out for not giving him the time of day. Free, there is a proper way to conduct oneself in a formal debate, and by not conducting himself in that right way, he lost the ability to really nail the key points and force an answer from her. That's a loss for us all, and really proves just how unhinged Trump is. He had the opportunity to corner her, but without the approach of basic respect, he got nothing out of her.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    They should have a panel of celebrity judges live scoring the next debate. It only makes sense at this point.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    Free said:

Smellyman said:

Holt was asking the questions. Trump didn't respond to all the items Hillary brought up either. He also didn't answer some of the questions that Holt asked. He danced around like Ginger Rogers.

Any dirt that Trump has on Hillary can be countered with equal or worse dirt. The Trump Foundation appears to have been his personal slush fund. He can't say that about the Clinton Foundation. He can suggest that there was "pay to play" but in the end the "pay" was money going to a hugely successful charitable cause.

The email crap is just that....it's been played out. It isn't unusual for people to delete emails and the security expert stated why he used a hammer to destroy the device. It is now common for IT security to drill holes in hard drives and old cell phones to make sure no one can access data on them.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited September 2016

sorry I missed it (aside from highlights) it sounds like this debate has humbled some folks, the next one will be like the shoot-out at the O.K corral I'm sure.
    think about this though...Trump is so new to the political arena that finding dirt on him is nearly impossible(aside from business deals and past wives), he hasn't had the time or experience's to do or get caught doing anything like Hillary has. Emails and servers, Benghazi, political lies to the people, adversaries' dyeing before court dates or hearings, this woman has been around the block .....30 years ! and to tell you the truth I almost have to admire her and Bill because who else can pull off murder, blatant bold faced lies and a number of crimes other people went to prison for, this is the face of professional politics' and she's running for POTUS ! she is the Gangsters Gangster, the capo di tutti capi, and to lie to the faces of the mothers who lost their son's in Benghazi....that's a true criminal with no remorse or compassion.

Godfather.

What? Some people really need to learn to move on. Benghazi was dealt with. 7 times to be specific. There is no evidence that Clinton did anything illegal. The email were deals with by the FBI. They didn't have the evidence to support charges. What the hell do you need to keep hearing Clinton say I won't do it again? There's nothing else to say about it. And I'd love for you or anyone to produce a shred of evidence that shows bill or Hillary murdered or had anyone murdered. Some of the most absurd notions I've ever heard.

There is plenty of dirt that can be dug up on trump. He's a sexist, racist, shrewd business man. All of the dirt has been dug up. What have you been watching/reading for the past year?
    you're right they haven't been arrested for murder....they're good at it ! LOL !!!
    I'll bet these topic's are brought up at the next debates though, it's all about character and trust in this election and Hillary has a lot of skeletons in her political closet you have to admit, I'm not saying Trump will be a great president (maybe he will ? who knows) but I am saying Hillary's past and dishonest way's could very well be here to haunt her through out this election process.
    I really think Trump will win the race....but if Hillary win's her entire term will be filled with constant doubt because of the accusations and "facts" that have been brought up about her and Bill, think about it, Bill has slept with mode women then Gene Simmons and is famous for a BJ in the oval office not to mention those famous cigars, and true or not the body count thing is here, the smashed blackberries and I-pads so really is this the kind of family Americans want to represent them ???? I know Trumps no angel and probably even smoked one of those cigar's but his public track record is squeaky clean compared to the Clinton's and that's why he will probably win.

Godfather.

edited September 2016

Godfather.

you're right they haven't been arrested for murder....they're good at it ! LOL !!!
    I'll bet these topic's are brought up at the next debates though, it's all about character and trust in this election and Hillary has a lot of skeletons in her political closet you have to admit, I'm not saying Trump will be a great president (maybe he will ? who knows) but I am saying Hillary's past and dishonest way's could very well be here to haunt her through out this election process.
    I really think Trump will win the race....but if Hillary win's her entire term will be filled with constant doubt because of the accusations and "facts" that have been brought up about her and Bill, think about it, Bill has slept with mode women then Gene Simmons and is famous for a BJ in the oval office not to mention those famous cigars, and true or not the body count thing is here, the smashed blackberries and I-pads so really is this the kind of family Americans want to represent them ???? I know Trumps no angel and probably even smoked one of those cigar's but his public track record is squeaky clean compared to the Clinton's and that's why he will probably win.

Godfather.

I wish I could live in your bubble. Do you realize that the Dept of Justice sued Trump for racial discrimination? Is that a "squeaky clean" track record?

Are bankruptcies squeaky clean? Screwing vendors out of payment?....is that squeaky clean?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

• sorry I missed it (aside from highlights) it sounds like this debate has humbled some folks, the next one will be like the shoot-out at the O.K corral I'm sure.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Why do you keep bringing up who bill has fucked? What does that matter? Like I said, show one piece of evidence that the Clinton's murdered anyone. You trusted every politician you voted for? It's a joke that you think trump is any more honorable and trustworthy than Clinton. Trump thumpers realky need to get used to the idea that Trump has 0 chance of winning. If last night doesn't show you that, you are going to be very disappointed.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • I only resorted to screaming at the television once. I thought that was pretty good considering. I don't want either candidate. But I certainly know who I absolutely can't tolerate. If my state wasn't critically tight, I would be voting third party. Sadly I don't think I have that option.
    For those who missed the debates, this is a pretty good 2 minute synopsis. :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAc_AM5UOjU
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 435
    Wow, people are trying to claim Trump won that debate? Utterly hilarious. Even my Conservative friends have told me today Trump looked bad and it was obvious Hillary was getting under his skin and had won. Not quite sure what some of you were watching.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    seanwon said:

Wow, people are trying to claim Trump won that debate? Utterly hilarious. Even my Conservative friends have told me today Trump looked bad and it was obvious Hillary was getting under his skin and had won. Not quite sure what some of you were watching.

This.
    edited September 2016
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Smellyman said:

The exact same could be said for any Trump supporter to say that he won. I watched it there was no clear winner. Both made me want to read my book and then fall asleep rather than pay attention.
    Post edited by Free on

Godfather.

Godfather.

I wish I could live in your bubble. Do you realize that the Dept of Justice sued Trump for racial discrimination? Is that a "squeaky clean" track record?

Are bankruptcies squeaky clean? Screwing vendors out of payment?....is that squeaky clean?
    compared to the Clintons.....you bet !

Are bankruptcies squeaky clean? Screwing vendors out of payment?....is that squeaky clean ?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA REALLY ????? oh my those are some pretty big charges...he must be a desperate criminal HAHHAHAH.

Godfather.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited September 2016

Free said:

Smellyman said:

Holt was asking the questions. Trump didn't respond to all the items Hillary brought up either. He also didn't answer some of the questions that Holt asked. He danced around like Ginger Rogers.

Any dirt that Trump has on Hillary can be countered with equal or worse dirt. The Trump Foundation appears to have been his personal slush fund. He can't say that about the Clinton Foundation. He can suggest that there was "pay to play" but in the end the "pay" was money going to a hugely successful charitable cause.

The email crap is just that....it's been played out. It isn't unusual for people to delete emails and the security expert stated why he used a hammer to destroy the device. It is now common for IT security to drill holes in hard drives and old cell phones to make sure no one can access data on them.

Well we do have to remember that it is impossible to get through a Presidential debate and address all of the issues that arise. There are time limits, and in this case a whole lot of interruptions. There hasn't been a Presidential debate in the history of America where either candidate is able to answer to every comment, accusation, innuendo, or fact that the other candidate brings up. No matter what side you're on, I think it's important to keep this in perspective. A debate isn't an hour-long 60 Minutes interview. They move fast and there simply isn't enough time to delve into any one issue. The whole point of debates is to see who can manage to send the clearest and most succinct (and emotionally stable) overall message in the allotted time, not to dig deep into individual issues that are mentioned by the opponent. Given that, I think it's pretty clear that Hillary came out way on top.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    benjs said:

Free said:

Smellyman said:

The sad thing is that there were kernels of truth in what Trump had to say, specifically with regards to Clinton's history. Unfortunately, as usual, his lack of basic decorum gave Clinton an out for not giving him the time of day. Free, there is a proper way to conduct oneself in a formal debate, and by not conducting himself in that right way, he lost the ability to really nail the key points and force an answer from her. That's a loss for us all, and really proves just how unhinged Trump is. He had the opportunity to corner her, but without the approach of basic respect, he got nothing out of her.
    Agreed, but he brought up some things that she didn't answer. Now, is this on him or is it on her? He did corner her a couple times, but when you have diarrhea of the mouth, it's hard for him to stop talking. Same goes for her, she gets on a roll, and just talks and talks. Are they not supposed to answer or do they just get away with not answering questions?

Godfather.

Godfather.

Why do you keep bringing up who bill has fucked? What does that matter? Like I said, show one piece of evidence that the Clinton's murdered anyone. You trusted every politician you voted for? It's a joke that you think trump is any more honorable and trustworthy than Clinton. Trump thumpers realky need to get used to the idea that Trump has 0 chance of winning. If last night doesn't show you that, you are going to be very disappointed.
    personally non of that matters to me, I'm just saying that it does matter to many Americans and it WILL affect her vote count.

Godfather.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/13179

What are the DNC and RNC afraid of?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927

Godfather.

Godfather.

personally non of that matters to me, I'm just saying that it does matter to many Americans and it WILL affect her vote count.

Godfather.

I hope it matters to Americans that Trump is being accused of raping a 13 year old. You know, in addition to cheating on his wives.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927

Godfather.

Godfather.

Clinton: "I have skeletons in my Political Closet"
    Trump: "Help, I locked myself in the basement again!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I hope it matters to Americans that Trump is being accused of raping a 13 year old. You know, in addition to cheating on his wives.
    Yes, GF, if you think that matters to some enough to not vote for Hillary, shouldn't Trump's affairs, multiple marriages, and rape accusations matter just as much to them? Why wouldn't it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata