THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol: It's true! I totally noticed that! I actually enjoyed how she did that. Kind of clever as well as amusing.

As he was taking about temperament. It was perfect
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    My husband (registered Republican, but will not vote for Trump) watched the debate and said, "I hate her, but boy, why did he have to be such an asshole?"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    if it's true the media is anti-trump, I say "thank you" :bow:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Why can't we be friends?

What is the problem with this? People age civil and friends even thought they have completely opposing views, is that not a good thing?
    I didn't take it as a evasive post. Just a cute little joke. :)
    And it is an adorable photo btw.
    Fair and as someone who is opposed to everything W stands for politically, I think we need a whole lot more of that these days
    The Obama's know that George W Bush is an extremely decent man. There is nothing more to it then that. One day people will look back in shame to how he was treated.
    not me. if he was weak enoigh to to duped by cheney, wolfowitz, rumsfeld et al, he never should have been president. he might be an alright guy (cue todd snider) but he was a disaster as presiden

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Wobbie said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Why can't we be friends?

What is the problem with this? People age civil and friends even thought they have completely opposing views, is that not a good thing?
    Fair and as someone who is opposed to everything W stands for politically, I think we need a whole lot more of that these days
    The Obama's know that George W Bush is an extremely decent man. There is nothing more to it then that. One day people will look back in shame to how he was treated.
    not me. if he was weak enoigh to to duped by cheney, wolfowitz, rumsfeld et al, he never should have been president. he might be an alright guy (cue todd snider) but he was a disaster as presiden

Duped?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Wobbie said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Why can't we be friends?

A decent man responsible for the deaths of a million innocent people. What a guy
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    4 of 6 early polls have trump winning the debate. How can that be?
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

I don't think tonight changes anything. Status quo.

Can you tell me why you think this? Is because the public doesn't care what happen or do you think
    JC29856 said:

Welcome to idiot 'Murica
    JC29856 said:

Most people don't watch the whole thing and depending on how much you watch trump was doing ok in the beginning.

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    fife said:

Can you tell me why you think this? Is because the public doesn't care what happen or do you think
    How many people do you know are split between Trump and Hillary?
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I didn't watch it. Felt it was going to be same bullshit from both candidates. Was I wrong?? Still don't know whether to vote at all, which independent candidate to consider, or whether to move to another country...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    Free said:

fife said:

How many people do you know are split between Trump and Hillary?
    Not many but I know that there are people in the usa who still have not made their minds. Would you not agree?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    LOL !!!! I didn't watch it because I know who I'm voting for anyway but I did see highlights and comments on the interweb....
    your gal Hillary bot her ass handed to her.

Godfather.
  • fife said:

I think both Hilary and Trump performed as expected so I don't know why it should change opinions at this point.
    PP193448 said:

I didn't watch it. Felt it was going to be same bullshit from both candidates. Was I wrong?? Still don't know whether to vote at all, which independent candidate to consider, or whether to move to another country...

I agree that it was the same stuff but i felt that it was different cause it was the first time they met on the stage and had to defend their position.

LOL !!!! I didn't watch it because I know who I'm voting for anyway but I did see highlights and comments on the interweb....

Godfather.

don't you think that if you don't watch then all you are doing is taking what other people are saying about the debate instead of making your own mind?

fife said:

I think both Hilary and Trump performed as expected so I don't know why it should change opinions at this point.
    the sad part is that you are correct. but my question is did they live up to your expectation?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    You will see drastic improvement in trumps demeanor and delivery next 2 debates. He isn't a politician.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

Godfather.

If you didn't watch the debate then do us all a favour and shut up, as you have no right to comment on an event you did not witness (and I mean all disrespect). Those of us who did, witnessed something extraordinarily shocking and pathetic. The fact that you would purposely deny yourself access to seeing a politician's true colours so that you can vote for the politician you've painted in your mind instead of the politician actually running, speaks volumes about your ignorance.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • fife said:

fife said:

the sad part is that you are correct. but my question is did they live up to your expectation?
    Yeah, they did. I don't like either candidates. The one point Trump made that I think was successful was that Hilary has been part of the same machine that has steered this country to 20 trillion in debt and has seen America's stature in the world plummet.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited September 2016
    I watched the Marlins game. I knew the debate would be a shit show of epic proportions.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
    fife said:

Godfather.

don't you think that if you don't watch then all you are doing is taking what other people are saying about the debate instead of making your own mind?
    Especially Godfather's 'news' sources
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    His handling of the birther issue was the most pathetic and irritating thing I have ever seen in a political debate.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    benjs said:

Godfather.

If you didn't watch the debate then do us all a favour and shut up, as you have no right to comment on an event you did not witness (and I mean all disrespect). Those of us who did, witnessed something extraordinarily shocking and pathetic. The fact that you would purposely deny yourself access to seeing a politician's true colours so that you can vote for the politician you've painted in your mind instead of the politician actually running, speaks volumes about your ignorance.
    This this this
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    edited September 2016

Godfather.

The American (Trump) voter, ladies and gentlemen...
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465

Godfather.

I didn't watch, but from what I've read of what politicial experts have said about it, she trounced him. but believe whatever you want.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• LOL !!!! I didn't watch it because I know who I'm voting for anyway but I did see highlights and comments on the interweb....

Godfather.

The American (Trump) voter, ladies and gentlemen...
    Yep...."I didn't watch it but my right wing news sources say he handed her her ass"

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JC29856 said:

Care to reference these polls? I saw the one on Time's website. Was not a scientific poll, I could even vote in it.
    benjs said:

Godfather.

Amen.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    benjs said:

Godfather.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH ! good grief man was the lose so bad that your anger is getting the best of you ? ......breath, deep in easy out and then hold your tong down with a spoon so you don't swallow it, feel better yet ? one more time just to make sure LOL !!!!!

Godfather.