Options

Strange Facts

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Jason P said:

Cats Kill Billions of Animals Annually, Study Finds. Cats are responsible for the deaths of 1.4 to 3.7 billion birds and 6.9 to 20.7 billion mammals every year, according to research conducted by the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

the little shit's are also responsible for wiping out entire species of different animals, whoda thunk it ?

Godfather.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Admittedly, I just copied and pasted these:

*Choosing exciting places for first date increases the chances of the other person falling for you.

*Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health.

*Breastfeeding allows a baby to give germs to mothers so that her immune system can respond and can synthesize antibodies for her baby.

*Handshakes were originally meant to make sure that the person you were meeting wasn’t carrying a concealed weapon. The hand clasp proved that your hand was empty and shaking was meant to dislodge any weapons hiding up the sleeve.

*The boomslang snake’s venom causes you to bleed from all holes of your body.

*Women have twice as many pain receptors on their body than men. But a much higher pain tolerance.

*When getting a new car, choose one that is silver. The color is most visible on the road and is least likely to get into an accident.

*By law, a pregnant woman can pee anywhere she wants to in Britain, even if she chooses, in a police officer’s helmets.

*The butterflies you get in your stomach when you see someone you like is actually a stress response caused by adrenaline.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    I like this one.

*Handshakes were originally meant to make sure that the person you were meeting wasn’t carrying a concealed weapon. The hand clasp proved that your hand was empty and shaking was meant to dislodge any weapons hiding up the sleeve.

Godfather.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

I like this one.

Godfather.

is that the reason why older timers when they shake your hand put the other one on your forearm? this is interesting

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited August 2016
    Ray J. T. said:

Pittsburgh is the only city where all the major sports teams (MLB,NHL,NFL) have the same colors: Black and gold.

Yellow.
    And the Penguins were originally light blue (hence the current alternate jerseys).
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

is that the reason why older timers when they shake your hand put the other one on your forearm? this is interesting

</blockquote

I don't know ? in the motorcycle world holding the other guys forearm is mostly the "old timers" , I always felt it was sign of respect.

Godfather.

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,868
    Basketball legend Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Basketball legend Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.

No way that's true. Really?
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

GF... geezuz man... as if your gawddamn spelling and choice of presidential candidates wasn't enough... you're now imbedding your comments in the quoted sections confusing the hell out of everyone.

I'm doing my best to like you, but you're a lot of work, man lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    It is against the law to curse next to a dead person in Utah.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918
    edited August 2016
    In New Jersey it is illegal to pump your own gas. Also in New Jersey it is illegal for a man to knit during fishing season.
    I love this state!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    Per Section 49 of the Criminal Code of Canada, it is prohibited to intentionally alarm or frighten the Queen.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Some more copy and pasted dumb laws of Australia:
    *You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.

*Children may not purchase cigarettes, but they may smoke them.

*Until the Port Arthur Killings it was legal to own an AK-47 but not legal to be gay.

*You may never leave your car keys in an unattended vehicle.

*It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burgular.

*It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.

*Under Australian Communications Authority (ACA) regulations, a modem can’t pick up on the first ring.

*Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.

*Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.

*The legal age for straight sex is 16, unless the person is in the care/custody of the older person, in which case it is 18.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Damn, DF - and I thought the US had some wildass inexplicable laws.
  • Options
    Hahahahhaha with the Australian smoking law.

Minors cannot buy smokes, but if they steal them from their parents then they can smoke.

* Scruffy can't knit when he's trolling!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

I don't think any old timers around lived in days where people walked around carrying swords and daggers.
    But that is why you shake with your right hand, since over 90% of the population is right handed, they were most likely armed with their right hand.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    edited August 2016
    Ray J. T. said:

strange fact. anatidaephobia is not a real thing.

another strange fact. anatidaephobia being fake makes me sad. :(

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

AFLAC!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

I don't think any old timers around lived in days where people walked around carrying swords and daggers.
    But that is why you shake with your right hand, since over 90% of the population is right handed, they were most likely armed with their right hand.
    It's why left handers were considered untrustworthy and somewhat shady. The word sinister comes from the old French sinistre , which means situated or directed to the left side.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

It's why left handers were considered untrustworthy and somewhat shady. The word sinister comes from the old French sinistre , which means situated or directed to the left side.
    I still don't trust those lefty bastards.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

I live with one... I'm constantly on alert. lol ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold? We've all heard that.

If you buy a pound of feathers and a pound of gold, the feathers will actually weigh more.
    That is because the standard pound (officially called the avoirdupois system) is 16 oz to a pound that we all use today.
    Precious metals are measured differently, they use the Troy ounce, which if very close to the standard ounce, but only 12 Troy oz in a pound. When you look up the value of gold, or your jeweler tells your your ring has 1 oz of gold, it's the Troy oz always being used, and 12 of these ounces in a pound.

So when buying a pound of feathers and a pound of gold, the feathers weigh more.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

I live with one... I'm constantly on alert. lol ;)

I AM one :angry:

(and constantly on alert myself...we need a Leftorium here =) )
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

GF... geezuz man... as if your gawddamn spelling and choice of presidential candidates wasn't enough... you're now imbedding your comments in the quoted sections confusing the hell out of everyone.

I'm doing my best to like you, but you're a lot of work, man lol.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA if you're not on your toe's your waiting to fall.

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

OR readheads. A left handed red head is nothing but trouble!
  • Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

how about an ambidextrous redhead....grey ? LOL !

Godfather.

• Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

:unamused:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

pjalive21 said:

I like this one.

Godfather.

:unamused:
    that's what makes us strong Hedonist ! we can rule the world (scary laugh) hahhahhahhahha !

Godfather.

• Options
    You're a southpaw too, GF? But guessing you're not a redhead =)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    hedonist said:

You're a southpaw too, GF? But guessing you're not a redhead =)

Haha. No, im not a redhead. But my brother and sister are. I have experience.

And me and the GF do have something in common: ambidextrous.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on