Options

Ed In Milwaukee

Comments

• Options
    spitzdogspitzdog Posts: 85
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=785456

I was there, great show. Could've been better without douchebags.
  • Options
    kylan11kylan11 Posts: 20
    I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am from Milwaukee. The behavior of some of the people was just not cool. I am glad Eddie got past it and put on an incredible show.

And thank you to the Ten Club for such great seats. I have never been so close to Eddie in my entire life and I am not sure I ever will be again. When he came on to the stage, I lost my breathe. It is an experience (and show) that I will never forget!
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I couldn't my tix through the 10C, so I was upstairs. The screamers were really annoying and so were the people around me who made numerous beer runs. (Get out of my way!!!) The people around me definitely weren't there to see Eddie. They were there to get drunk. They didn't participate in the show at all, I don't think anyone knew any of the words. The entire row next to me cleared out early. I was blown away by the show, but the people around me left a lot to be desired. I hope Chicago is amazing for all of you that are going. I am jealous.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I couldn't my tix through the 10C, so I was upstairs. The screamers were really annoying and so were the people around me who made numerous beer runs. (Get out of my way!!!) The people around me definitely weren't there to see Eddie. They were there to get drunk. They didn't participate in the show at all, I don't think anyone knew any of the words. The entire row next to me cleared out early. I was blown away by the show, but the people around me left a lot to be desired. I hope Chicago is amazing for all of you that are going. I am jealous.

i just hope 10c puts us close enough that there aren't any drunk idiots in front of us. prefer for those folks to be behind me.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If people are rowdy and yelling during a quiet song to the point that I can't hear the performer, then yeah, I guess I'd rather be at the opera.

yelling during delicate acoustic songs would suck, but at DC1 people were yelling between the songs, not during them...

all i know is the energy of DC1 blew out DC2... it seemed like NOBODY was singing to porch night 2 when everyone went crazy and sang it night 1
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    who gives a shit if people are rowdy and yelling... its a rock concert

Except that it's really not.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,682
    my2hands wrote:
    who gives a shit if people are rowdy and yelling... its a rock concert with the lead singer of a rock band, not a fucking Opera :rolleyes:

i like the energy myself, now of course i wasnt yelling, but i still like the energy. i thought DC 1 was way better then DC2 just becasue of the energy

call me crazy

Correction my friend...THIS IS NOT THAT TYPE OF SHOW!!!

I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp.

This is not an arena rock show...It's an acoustic performance. The yelling, heckling, drunken comments are not welcomed by either the performer or audience.

That fat fuck that got hauled out last night did nothing but spread negative energy and ruin the show for others.
  • Options
    kylan11 wrote:
    I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am from Milwaukee. The behavior of some of the people was just not cool. I am glad Eddie got past it and put on an incredible show.

And thank you to the Ten Club for such great seats. I have never been so close to Eddie in my entire life and I am not sure I ever will be again. When he came on to the stage, I lost my breathe. It is an experience (and show) that I will never forget!

I knew the crowd was bad at times but after the show when a friend came up to me and said Milwaukee crowd sucked. I got kinda upset over it and that comment. Maybe Chicago will be a bit better but I won't bet on it. There were hecklers on the west coast tour also. Assholes wherever you go in life.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

This is not an arena rock show...It's an acoustic performance. The yelling, heckling, drunken comments are not welcomed by either the performer or audience.

That fat fuck that got hauled out last night did nothing but spread negative energy and ruin the show for others.

Oh and I'm a big guy but that wasn't me. I was a good boy. :)
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Last night was really fucking frustrating. Ed put on a beautiful show, just to be met with some immature, lightweight pricks screaming just to hear themselves. It was so disrespectful not only to the fans whose seats they took who would have been quiet, but to Eddie. Ed makes a stop in Milwaukee for the first time in over 2 years. Now I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it a stop on the next tour. Right off the bat, people were screaming stupid shit (Go Cubbies, shit about beer), and Ed said something like, "Get it out now... I won't be putting up with this shit for long!" But then he has to sit there in frustration even when they don't stop because, really, what can he do? One guy finally gets thrown out... what, 3/4 into the show? At that point, he had already frustrated Ed and all the rest of us.

I'll never understand why these assholes pay good money to get hammered in a beautiful, intimate theater with such a talented, amazing musician, when they could just sit with their frat buddies in their mom's basement and jerk off for the night.

the girl who sat next ot my husband in Dc was drinking so much she was practically asleep by the time Ed came on. what a waste.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

hey look, i understand and i was not the one yelling. but for people to get holier then thou towards people that brought energy to a Eddie Vedder performance is a bit much if you ask me... Eddie is the front man for Pearl Jam, one of the loudest and more energetic live performace rock bands on the planet, so i am in no way surprised or offended by people that show up rowdy and loud.

Its not like Eddie is the front man for a symphony. he is the front man for a rock and roll band, a very loud rock bad.

i honestly felt the people constantly "shushing" at DC1 were more annoying then the yellers

again, i am niot defending these people... but i think the holier then thou attitude by everyone is a bit overboard. do they forget their roots or something, or why they like Eddie in the first place? this is fucking rock and roll, not a knitting class :cool:

but hey, 10c members will complain about almost anything so i am not surpirsed
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    hey look, i understand and i was not the one yelling. but for people to get holier then thou towards people that brought energy to a Eddie Vedder performance is a bit much if you ask me... Eddie is the front man for Pearl Jam, one of the loudest and more energetic live performace rock bands on the planet, so i am in no way surprised or offended by people that show up rowdy and loud.

Its not like Eddie is the front man for a symphony. he is the front man for a rock and roll band, a very loud rock bad.

i honestly felt the people constantly "shushing" at DC1 were more annoying then the yellers

again, i am niot defending these people... but i think the holier then thou attitude by everyone is a bit overboard. do they forget their roots or something, or why they like Eddie in the first place? this is fucking rock and roll, not a knitting class :cool:

If you can please explain to me how these "Yobs" are adding energy to these shows it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Great point. This was brought up while my wife was trying to figure out why this happens at EV shows, but not Pearl Jam shows. It does happend at Pearl Jam shows, it's just a 10 times larger crowd in a huge room with a louder microphone so the man can be heard and louder music.

the crowd at PJ shows this tour was the worst ever. both times I had 10c seats, I was in a really cool crowd of people. The lawn seats I had were full of drunked Frat boys who thought it was funny to urinate all over the place, spill their beers down people's backs & mosh to every song they played. quite annoying (but at least on the lawn you can just move to a better spot!)

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

• Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    see , problem is the posters on message pit are only 0.5% of the crowd so there is no way to pass the word onto the other 99.5% of the crowd.

all yellers were annoying...

someone would yell out a "song name", then someone yelled out "go cubs", then someone would just "yell", then someone would yell "shut the f up"
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    my2hands wrote:

agree about 10c members complaining all the time, but a legitimate complaint can be heard after last night. Since you were not there, you have no idea how unruly a few assholes were. Speaking to people who have seen him on both legs, the common theme was that last night was the worst unruliness of the whole tour. Your comment is not merited since you weren't there.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    This is like pissing in the wind at this point.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    who gives a shit if people are rowdy and yelling... its a rock concert with the lead singer of a rock band, not a fucking Opera :rolleyes:

i like the energy myself, now of course i wasnt yelling, but i still like the energy. i thought DC 1 was way better then DC2 just becasue of the energy

call me crazy
    crazy.

• Options
    all yellers were annoying...

someone would yell out a "song name", then someone yelled out "go cubs", then someone would just "yell", then someone would yell "shut the f up"

Heh, this is actually a pretty good point.

And I'd argue that for all the yelling last night, there was very little in the way of "crowd energy". The whole vibe starts to go a little sour after Ed has to tell the dbags to shut the eff up for the fifth time.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

On these nights he is not the front man for Pearl jam, he is by himself with an acoustic guitar and to be honest there is a lot less room for error when it's you and a guitar and no drums, bass etc behind you. So the guy I would imagine has to concentrate that much more.

I am not saying to give golf claps, but Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up during the songs and when the guy is trying to talk to the crowd. Yell after the song to show your energy.

Not directing the shut the F up towards you, but the fat 400lb porkers that can't drink a 12 pack and be normal.
  • Options
    gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    my2hands wrote:

The person asking the most for people to quiet down was Eddie!!! Clearly it was bothering him, and I don;t blame him. I saw the same thing a few years back at a Neil Young performance during the Greendale tour at the Milwaukee Theatre - a few songs in he told a few people who kept asking for the classics (which were coming later in the set) to "shut the fuck up!" Eddie is becoming more like Neil all the time in live performances, especially on this tour.

It has nothing to do with being holier than thou - it has to do with understanding what short of show you're attending. It's been said too many times - this wasn't a performance by "one of the loudest and more energetic live performace rock bands on the planet", so the full-blown PJ fan mindset just doesn't work at these shows. Eddie tried to say that several times. Save it for next year's PJ tour! It also has to do with respecting the artist on the stage and your fellow concert goers. A few last night cared little about that.

I think the solution is simple: cut off booze sales at the beginning of the show. A few will pre-game and come in drunk, but it will help some. Van Morrison and Tom Waits both do it, and it does help quite a bit.
  • Options
    gforce33 wrote:
    The person asking the most for people to quiet down was Eddie!!! Clearly it was bothering him, and I don;t blame him. I saw the same thing a few years back at a Neil Young performance during the Greendale tour at the Milwaukee Theatre - a few songs in he told a few people who kept asking for the classics (which were coming later in the set) to "shut the fuck up!" Eddie is becoming more like Neil all the time in live performances, especially on this tour.

It has nothing to do with being holier than thou - it has to do with understanding what short of show you're attending. It's been said too many times - this wasn't a performance by "one of the loudest and more energetic live performace rock bands on the planet", so the full-blown PJ fan mindset just doesn't work at these shows. Eddie tried to say that several times. Save it for next year's PJ tour! It also has to do with respecting the artist on the stage and your fellow concert goers. A few last night cared little about that.

I think the solution is simple: cut off booze sales at the beginning of the show. A few will pre-game and come in drunk, but it will help some. Van Morrison and Tom Waits both do it, and it does help quite a bit.

Totally agree
    Excellent point!!
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Geeeze enuf w/ the booze bashing. I had a few drinks last night. I wasn't wasted, I remember every min. of the show, but I enjoyed my slight buzz. It was nice after a hard long day of work.

Sometimes it is nice to be able to sip a glass of wine, or enjoy a tasty beer or bevvy at the show. Why ruin it for those who CAN handle their booze? There is too much generalizing and assumptions on this one. Yeah, not everyone can handle their liquor...but if they wanted to be drunk for a show, they'll make sure they are drunk for a show whether booze is sold or not...there's always gonna be a few idiots no matter what, but I don't see why alcohol should be banned just because of that. Its a cash crop for venues anyways!
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    my2hands wrote:

Its not about forgetting your roots, I am sure ED has not forgotten it. ED even mentiond it at DC2. He was trying something different, and this was not a rock concert. Liam Was way more rock than ED was solo. I have yet to be at the rock concert where the artists asked everyone to sit down and relax and enjoy the show. I am sure a lot of people did not even know what to expect at these shows, and probably expected a 1 man PJ concert. Yelling I love you Eddie 50 times did not seem to bring that much energy.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DesignVHL wrote:
    Geeeze enuf w/ the booze bashing. I had a few drinks last night. I wasn't wasted, I remember every min. of the show, but I enjoyed my slight buzz. It was nice after a hard long day of work.

Sometimes it is nice to be able to sip a glass of wine, or enjoy a tasty beer or bevvy at the show. Why ruin it for those who CAN handle their booze? There is too much generalizing and assumptions on this one. Yeah, not everyone can handle their liquor...but if they wanted to be drunk for a show, they'll make sure they are drunk for a show whether booze is sold or not...there's always gonna be a few idiots no matter what, but I don't see why alcohol should be banned just because of that. Its a cash crop for venues anyways!

If you can handle your booze...great...good for you. I too love having a few brews before the show.

But the point is...there are obviously a few folks who can't handle their drinks and the alcohol just compounds the situation.

Besides...It's really annoying having someone block your view of the stage because they keep getting up to go for a beer or a piss every 5 minutes.

If you're there for the sole purpose of getting smashed, then stay at the fucking bar and get smashed.
  • Options
    So because of a FEW folks, you want to ban drinking from shows? It is still a show. Even the opera, lol serves drinks! But yes, I totally agree it is annoying when u have someone constantly getting up and moving around. But again its a few people - usually frat boys or alcholics...if ur stuck dealing w/ that one person, sure I get it, it sucks, it can ruin a good show....

maybe a good compromise would simply be to have no booze allowed INSIDE the venue...all in all it seems impossible to find the happy medium and agree - so there's really no reason to argue about it...just making the point that banning alcohol isn't fair to others who can handle it.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    bpetersbpeters Posts: 6
    Even the papers saw how horrible we acted. (When I say "we", I mean the crowd in Milwaukee as a whole, regardless if you were well behaved or just out right rude)

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=785456

I really enjoyed the show, and would anytime I get to see Eddie and/or the band as a whole. However, I think the discomfort was quite noticeable when Eddie showed just outright frustration, but at this point, it's over and done with, and there is nothing we can do about it now but hope that he and the band do come back to Milwaukee and don't hang the foolishness of others over the rest of us.
    Yeah, yeah, it's been awhile. And, no I have not only posted a few times, I've just had a ton with work and such. *sigh*
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 575
    my2hands wrote:

call me crazy
    You are crazy, it is not a rock concert, it is a respectfull acoustic show in a respectfull, elegant setting. Far from a rock concert.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    DesignVHL wrote:
    maybe a good compromise would simply be to have no booze allowed INSIDE the venue quote]

I think this would have been the best idea on the onset of this tour. I think it would have avoided alot of the trouble caused at these shows.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Dank wrote:
    On these nights he is not the front man for Pearl jam, he is by himself with an acoustic guitar and to be honest there is a lot less room for error when it's you and a guitar and no drums, bass etc behind you. So the guy I would imagine has to concentrate that much more.

hence, Ed not downing 2 bottles of wine and getting hammered himself. mistakes are obviously a lot more likely, and a lot more noticeable, during solo/acoustic shows.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Totally agree. I have been to a few shows in those, ahem, 'fancier' Chicago theaters that do this. IN FACT, I wonder if the Auditorium does this...I think I recall that you can only drink in the lobby and bar...not sure if it is specific to the venue though, or the performers decision....
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!