Options

Ed In Milwaukee

smbialassmbialas Posts: 51
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Great show, but at one point security had to drag a 400 pd guy from 5th row out at which point eddie fell over and laid on the ground for about a minute. Then a guy sitting (next to us) in Left front center row K seat 1 (95% SURE ON SEAT # WILL VERIFY)(marked so the fan club can cancel his membership, and ship him a deads pigs head) got up yelled u suck and left. (After soon forget????WTF)

Ed saw through, but I was embarrassed, I could tell he was not impressed with "old milwaukee". When done with Hard Sun (which he made sure rocked) the way he said good bye I could tell he wanted to go.

anyway had to get that seat number out before bed, a waste of a seat when so many fans had to sit behind him. Some fans joked after the show ed will not be back soon.. Lets go Chicago.....

Besides the negative I can't wait for Chicago, It was a great show... opening w/ sometimes kicked but, enjoyed Liam as well. Arc, millworker, other

-p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    In a 2500 seat venue, it only takes a couple people to make life miserable for everyone! I can honestly say I was embarrassed for the way a few acted. Even after Ed asked some of the "Pirates of Silence" to chill out, they still wouldn't shut the fuck up. Then some people started to yell back at the people that were yelling to try and get them to shut the fuck up....you could tell Ed was aggravated. The crowd did get it together for the second set and encore and the show was great despite the assholes. Going Fri in Chicago and I hope the crowd has a little more class and a couple less assholes!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Eddie was clearly pissed. After Hard Sun, he waved to the crowd, said a VERY fast "thank you, good night", threw down the mic, and walked off the stage. a few drunken assholes think they know how to drink, but obviously don't.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    meatheads were in full effect tonight in Milwaukee, as I suspected would be the case.

sad.
  • Options
    JLF78JLF78 Posts: 96
    I was also at the show and was/am extremely embarrassed for the way certain people were acting. We were 4 rows directly behind the 400lb douche-bag fuck-stick that was hauled out. Anyone know why he was removed? As he was being hauled out, he was screaming, "Fuck you, I'm a 10 Club Member." Hopefully not for long....I completely loved the show, but have a sour taste in my mouth thanks to all the annoying ass hats. Apparently Milwaukee is not only America's Second Drunkest City, but the Least Classiest as well.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Eddie was clearly pissed. After Hard Sun, he waved to the crowd, said a VERY fast "thank you, good night", threw down the mic, and walked off the stage. a few drunken assholes think they know how to drink, but obviously don't.
    Yeah - that's pretty much how it went down.

I went to both LA shows and then this one - this was 10X worse than either LA show. Right in the middle of the Thomas Young speech, this girl at the end of our row (TC seats) kept yelling "I love you Eddie" and "How's Olivia?"

Really?

I felt so bad for Eddie. Before the first song of the encore he was trying to tell a story, but kept getting cutoff by the yelling and said quietly to someone off stage "do we just end it?" and sometihng else along those lines.

Absolute disgrace, Milwaukee fans... horrible!
  • Options
    benbomb3benbomb3 Posts: 71
    Yeah the asshole fans were an absolute disgrace tonight. I want to apologize to Ed and say thank you for putting on an awesome show despite the idiots in the crowd.

The dude who yelled you suck was Row L Seat 1 by the way, I was N seat 3 and he was right in front of me. What a prick.

Great venue, great show, got real sick of the dickheads yelling the whole time real fast.

Luckily I got to shake Ed's hand and say nice to meet you before the show as he was walking in. That basically saved the night for me. That and ARC...wow, a religious experience is the only way I can describe it.
  • Options
    rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    The crowd was for sure a disappointment. If you're a true fan who gives a fuck what song the guy plays? Awesome show though Forever Young into I Won't Back Down...Bad Ass
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    I just want to say that I was also thoroughly embarrassed for the good name of Wisconsin at that show. I felt horrible.

The first wave of yells and "requests" is something that Ed probably understands fully. But when he has to tell you at least 3 or 4 times to "shut the fuck up" - and you can't respect that...well, you're giving the whole crowd a bad name.

I am so thankful that Ed didn't decide to just say "fuck this" and bail early. I think he knew there were just a few bad apples (although seemingly more than he's used to)

He WAS impressed by our singing on Elderly Woman!

I'm sorry for all of the fans that couldn't respect you, Ed! Please come back to Wisconsin again....maybe Alpine Valley!!!!!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    BibbsBibbs Posts: 229
    You hafta remember some people still want to see a rocked out "evenflow" concert... well they... hell... Ed has been doing that for 20+ years and the man needs a friggen break! Ahem... now less my tiny little rant... people should not go to these shows expecting a Pearl Jam show... These are Ed Vedder Shows...
    ••• Immortality •••
    www.myspace.com/kosmicjelli
  • Options
    BibbsBibbs Posts: 229
    I just want to say that I was also thoroughly embarrassed for the good name of Wisconsin at that show. I felt horrible.

The first wave of yells and "requests" is something that Ed probably understands fully. But when he has to tell you at least 3 or 4 times to "shut the fuck up" - and you can't respect that...well, you're giving the whole crowd a bad name.

I am so thankful that Ed didn't decide to just say "fuck this" and bail early. I think he knew there were just a few bad apples (although seemingly more than he's used to)

He WAS impressed by our singing on Elderly Woman!

I'm sorry for all of the fans that couldn't respect you, Ed! Please come back to Wisconsin again....maybe Alpine Valley!!!!!

Forget Alpine Valley come up to The Big Top in Northern Wisconsin. We'll give you all the respect you need! or (The Deck MN) We have Northwoods "Hippie Class" up here and thrive on acoustical music.
    ••• Immortality •••
    www.myspace.com/kosmicjelli
  • Options
    raa0425raa0425 Posts: 34
    I guess Eddie was right when he said in DC something about the screamers like, I didn't think this would happen until Milwaukee.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Haha Someone Yelled U Suck!!!!!!!!

Thats Fricking Great Lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Haha Someone Yelled U Suck!!!!!!!!

Thats Fricking Great Lol
    I was going to type the same thing, but feared the masses would riot... I think it's great too!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I feel horrible for you guys. It actually sounds worse than DC 1. It seems like the yelling is snowballing and getting worse every city.

I hope there is a way to rip these chodes of their memberships.
  • Options
    I was going to type the same thing, but feared the masses would riot... I think it's great too!

lol we're gonna get lynched!!!!

the all-mighty vedder got abused and were laughing at it
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Trent Reznor's done it. Several times. Kicked the keyboard over and walked off. Now people shut up and listen during Hurt. Ed should drop the guitar and walk off. Seriously. Its how you teach toddlers to behave - the fun stops when they misbehave. People are acting like toddlers and maybe deserve that treatment. I'd feel bad for the fact that its a few bad apples, but maybe its the only way.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    the fans were all whacked out from the "happy days" parade b4 the show
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol we're gonna get lynched!!!!

the all-mighty vedder got abused and were laughing at it

Ed needed a good slap! He is getting alittle cocky...
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    ...Although I have to say and believe me I say this with no negative intentions, we read more rants about these idiots during East Coast stint as it seems. ....

I will preface this by saying that I am a true East Coaster - born and raised in NY and now living outside of Philadelphia - and I know that we can be a rowdy bunch. I made my way to Boston II, and while there were some screamers, it doesn't sound as bad as Milawaukeee was. While this is the "East Coast leg"of the tour, please do NOT associate Milwaukee with the East Coast... they are not East Coast and not reflective of this part of the country.

The actions of the few there that were disrespectful should not be associated with East Coast - or with the majority of Milwaukee area fans. They were a handul of classless fools who likely could drink the finest Champagne and spit it out stating "this tasted nothing like Old Milwaukee!"
    I am sad and embarrassed that people act like that anywhere, and I give Eddie a ton of credit for finishing the show and not storming off the stage. It must be hard to perform a show with those kinds of distractions, and I know that when I was watching the show in Boston, I was getting frustrated with the knuckleheads.

I hope Chicago (also not part of the East Coast!) has better shows, and hope that Eddie can end this tour on a positive note. I really hope he leaves this experience with a positive taste in his mouth, and decides to do it again. It was a magical evening for me, and I wish others could sit back and enjoy it at that level.

PEACE!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the fans were all whacked out from the "happy days" parade b4 the show
    :rolleyes:

lol ;)
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    kramer73 wrote:
    meatheads were in full effect tonight in Milwaukee, as I suspected would be the case.

sad.

Ed mentioned in Washington that he was sure there would be some real assholes in Milwalkee (or somethingto that effect)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    I will preface this by saying that I am a true East Coaster - born and raised in NY and now living outside of Philadelphia - and I know that we can be a rowdy bunch. I made my way to Boston II, and while there were some screamers, it doesn't sound as bad as Milawaukeee was. While this is the "East Coast leg"of the tour, please do NOT associate Milwaukee with the East Coast... they are not East Coast and not reflective of this part of the country.

The actions of the few there that were disrespectful should not be associated with East Coast - or with the majority of Milwaukee area fans. They were a handul of classless fools who likely could drink the finest Champagne and spit it out stating "this tasted nothing like Old Milwaukee!"
    I am sad and embarrassed that people act like that anywhere, and I give Eddie a ton of credit for finishing the show and not storming off the stage. It must be hard to perform a show with those kinds of distractions, and I know that when I was watching the show in Boston, I was getting frustrated with the knuckleheads.

I hope Chicago (also not part of the East Coast!) has better shows, and hope that Eddie can end this tour on a positive note. I really hope he leaves this experience with a positive taste in his mouth, and decides to do it again. It was a magical evening for me, and I wish others could sit back and enjoy it at that level.

PEACE!

totally dont lump them with us in the east GREAT POST
  • Options
    So I'm going to post it----

east coaster>midwesters
    deal with it!
  • Options

east coaster>midwesters
    deal with it!

ALL IN FAVOR SAY I

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Although I have to say and believe me I say this with no negative intentions, we read more rants about these idiots during East Coast stint as it seems.

I agree there is more ranting about it. But I was at SD1 and it compares easily to DC1 in terms of shouters. I think we east-coasters just are more vocal about how much it pisses us off!

But to the original poster- I don't understand- Eddie got pissed and so he laid down on the stage? What, in protest? Aggravation?
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    good. We all agree-
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

east coaster>midwesters
    deal with it!
    And West Coast > everyone else
    NERDS!
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    JaneNY wrote:
    Trent Reznor's done it. Several times. Kicked the keyboard over and walked off. Now people shut up and listen during Hurt. Ed should drop the guitar and walk off. Seriously. Its how you teach toddlers to behave - the fun stops when they misbehave. People are acting like toddlers and maybe deserve that treatment. I'd feel bad for the fact that its a few bad apples, but maybe its the only way.

So 5-10 people act like assholes and Ed should ruin the show for the other odd 2000 respectful people in attendance? I don't think so.

Honestly i don't really know what the solution is here....i absolutely loved every second of the 4 Ed shows i saw this year...honestly maybe even more than the Pearl Jam shows...i dearly hope Ed does this again sometime real soon. I guess you just have to kind of block out the idiots that so desperately need Ed's (or anyones?) attention.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    smbialassmbialas Posts: 51
    well one thing that might make life easier next time, why not sell the whole thing out to the fanclub. So many fanclub members i spoke to last night are not going to chicago because they didn;t get tix and didn;t want to sit in the nosebleeds after battling chicago traffic. So now instead of fanclub you have some drunk who bought from a scalper sitting there. I say sell the whole friggen tour out to the fanclub, reserve 200 seats for the public at the box office the day of. Seriously, although the fc seats rock this tour....it was a pain in the rear getting them.. refresh...refresh..buy...out of stock...refresh...buy... we will never be happy
  • Options
    And West Coast > everyone else
    as if