Options

Ed In Milwaukee

Comments

• Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    vedhead011 wrote:
    And I'd also like to say to the Wisconsin crowd blaming the Illinois people...

Just as you're trying to deflect blame and say don't let a few individuals ruin the reputation of all of you, please also don't let a few idiotic Illinoisans characterize your view of all of us. I was among a handful of people that were good soldiers last night from Illinois, and I was wearing a Cubs hat to boot. We're not all evil. And that goes for the obnoxious Cubs fans at Miller Park, too. A lot of us are just there to enjoy the game as well, support our team, and not take the opportunity to insult you guys. The louder the jerk, the more noticeable they're going to be. A quieter more respectful person is less likely to stick out in a crowd.

And I think that the half the state of Wisconsin as Cubs fans that someone else said may be a carryover from the Brewers AL days.

agreed, IL, WI, wherever ...an ass is an ass whatever state you plop him in...I didn't mean to jump on IL people.
  • Options
    I'm still digesting last nite and have a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth this morning. The show was great and the preparty rocked. I'll be posting my thoughts about the party in a bit. But yes I was embarrassed at times with the bad apples in the crowd. I blocked them out for the most part. But when I saw how Ed was getting pist I really got upset. I think some people came to the show thinking they were going to see a PJ show. We of course know that it wasn't and I did love this setlist and Ed's chats. I'm sure he will mention the Milwaukee crowd in Chicago. Here's a fact to be true. One of those hecklers was a Chicago Cubs fan. He made it known to me that he was. And this message is for him. YES I BOUGHT MY TICKETS THREW 10C AND GOT 4TH ROW LEFT. SORRY THAT I HAD BETTER SEATS THEN YOU. NO NEED TO BE PIST AT ME ABOUT IT. YOU STILL GOT IN AND SAW A GREAT SHOW.

Ok I feel better now, or kinda do. I stayed at Mo's until maybe 130am or so. I'm dead tired today and will take it easy. I'll be in Chicago Friday nite and look forward to seeing some of you again. :)
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    1908!

Doesn't bother me, I was born in 1980, was exposed to and remember my first World Series in 1987, so I've pretty much been "suffering" for 21 years. Not really that painful.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    agreed, IL, WI, wherever ...an ass is an ass whatever state you plop him in

Amen to that.
  • Options
    I'm still digesting last nite and have a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth this morning. The show was great and the preparty rocked. I'll be posting my thoughts about the party in a bit. But yes I was embarrassed at times with the bad apples in the crowd. I blocked them out for the most part. But when I saw how Ed was getting pist I really got upset. I think some people came to the show thinking they were going to see a PJ show. We of course know that it wasn't and I did love this setlist and Ed's chats. I'm sure he will mention the Milwaukee crowd in Chicago. Here's a fact to be true. One of those hecklers was a Chicago Cubs fan. He made it known to me that he was. And this message is for him. YES I BOUGHT MY TICKETS THREW 10C AND GOT 4TH ROW LEFT. SORRY THAT I HAD BETTER SEATS THEN YOU. NO NEED TO BE PIST AT ME ABOUT IT. YOU STILL GOT IN AND SAW A GREAT SHOW.

Ok I feel better now, or kinda do. I stayed at Mo's until maybe 130am or so. I'm dead tired today and will take it easy. I'll be in Chicago Friday nite and look forward to seeing some of you again. :)

10c seating was random... I've been in since 98 and got row R and my buddy got in summer of 06 and got row E.

great show though, just have to block the distracations out the best you can otherwise you let them ruin your own evening.

what needs to be pointed out is these a$$hole fans are at every PJ show but when there are only 2,000 fans you can't drown them out, but when you have 25,000 + you can.
  • Options
    what needs to be pointed out is these a$$hole fans are at every PJ show but when there are only 2,000 fans you can't drown them out, but when you have 25,000 + you can.

Great point. This was brought up while my wife was trying to figure out why this happens at EV shows, but not Pearl Jam shows. It does happend at Pearl Jam shows, it's just a 10 times larger crowd in a huge room with a louder microphone so the man can be heard and louder music.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Great point. This was brought up while my wife was trying to figure out why this happens at EV shows, but not Pearl Jam shows. It does happend at Pearl Jam shows, it's just a 10 times larger crowd in a huge room with a louder microphone so the man can be heard and louder music.

my wife attended the show with me and I'm glad she was so focused on the show and enjoying herself that she never noticed the crowd. I apologized to her afterwards as we raced home to relieve our sitters (told them we'd be home at 11!!!). She didn't even notice or care she was focused on the stage. I was glad but still embarrassed.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    vedhead011 wrote:

man, you guys are making me nervous for friday night with all these stories.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    10c seating was random... I've been in since 98 and got row R and my buddy got in summer of 06 and got row E.

great show though, just have to block the distracations out the best you can otherwise you let them ruin your own evening.

I know the seating was random but this guy had a big problem with what seats I had and what he had.

So true with assholes being at every show. Easy to block them out when it's 25,000 compared to 2600.

I was still dam happy at the show. :)

Except the ATM machine wasn't working in the lobby at the Riverside. :(
  • Options
    my wife attended the show with me and I'm glad she was so focused on the show and enjoying herself that she never noticed the crowd. I apologized to her afterwards as we raced home to relieve our sitters (told them we'd be home at 11!!!). She didn't even notice or care she was focused on the stage. I was glad but still embarrassed.

Good for your wife. For the most part we were able to focus, too. But our resident obnoxious guy would do things like try to start a rythymic clap out of place in a song and he had some booming hands and I'd see her put her head in her hand sometimes. We mainly blocked stuff out and didn't let it ruin our night, as many others are saying. The points that angered me the most were when he'd be talking between songs. I don't like missing banter at all, especially from him. So charismatic, intelligent, and witty. People that miss that miss a major part of the charm of a Pearl Jam/EV show.
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Good for your wife. For the most part we were able to focus, too. But our resident obnoxious guy would do things like try to start a rythymic clap out of place in a song and he had some booming hands and I'd see her put her head in her hand sometimes. We mainly blocked stuff out and didn't let it ruin our night, as many others are saying. The points that angered me the most were when he'd be talking between songs. I don't like missing banter at all, especially from him. So charismatic, intelligent, and witty. People that miss that miss a major part of the charm of a Pearl Jam/EV show.

i tend to luck out with crowds. we had 2 guys from IL subs that went to MU next to us, good guys, and a guy and his girl on the otherside, no "immediate area" issues or my wife would probably have made me leave.

i luck out at wrigley too...hope it continues when I head back in Sept!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    vedhead011 wrote:

that's why we need official bootlegs of these shows. they are just too good and ed is way too talented to not have these live on through a permanent record..
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Doesn't bother me, I was born in 1980, was exposed to and remember my first World Series in 1987, so I've pretty much been "suffering" for 21 years. Not really that painful.

As long as you're ok with it. I got to go to game 2 in 2005. It was an incredible expeirence, I feel bad for the good cubs fans (I know I just contradicted myself). I kinda hope you guys can enjoy that type of experience eventually, but then again I really rather see the scrubs choke.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Last night was fantastic. we had 6th row...two seats next to us were open, so we scootched over a little. Really nice people around us. :P I was pretty focused on the show...so for me, the talking, the banter, and whatever didn't really phase or bother me that much. It could also be that I go to about 50-75 shows per year (or whatever i can afford), and it seems that at most of the shows I go to, there's always people talking, bantering, heckling, etc. with whomever is on stage...I think some people feel they need to communicate I dunno...so I guess for me, I'm just used to it. There's a difference imho between INTERACTION w/ the person on stage, and being the annoying asshole yelling and screaming w/ no point or out of turn...but I'm all for RESPECT and last night people really should have just kept their mouths shut. I HIGHLY doubt Chicago will be any different, sadly. People will still scream...etc. Ed just needs to put peeps in their place early on...hey I know your there, shut up and let me sing - lets not ruin this for others...I guess he did essentially do that tho early on. I loved how he said he would play lukin, and then didn't too.

As for the big guy who got dragged out. That commotion was right by me..and until reading the pit today, I had no idea what the heck was going on...I just saw them run past us in the isle and then I think or thought he had fallen or something while struggling a couple of rows behind us. Not the first time I've seen someone get dragged out from a show.

Not sure if they are on the board, and I never caught their names, but I would also like to give a shout out to the couple on the end of our row who gave me an extra SNIPER program (which are really cool btw so if u didn't get one, and are going to chicago - get one!). THANK YOU again that was super cool of you to share your extra. I missed the boat when they were being passed out.

About Liam Finn and EJ...AMAZING I was GLUED to the stage for their whole set...I'm def. gonna be buying some of his albums. Amazing...he hits those skins good!

Anyways great night, looking forward to the Chicago shows! :) Hope to meet some of you guys from the board too - I didn't talk to too many people last night...we're thinking of hitting the pre-party fundraiser...never been to one.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    As long as you're ok with it.

This is getting off topic but...Less than half the teams in baseball won the World series in the last 20 years. One of them wasn't the Cubs. Puts them in the same boat as 16 other teams. So yeah, at this point I'm pretty ok with it. I've gotten to enjoy 3, soon to be 4 playoff runs in the last 10 years. That's pretty competitive in terms with the rest of the league, and the current direction is encouraging.

So, how about those assholes last night, huh?
  • Options
    With all the ribbing going on here between people from the Chicago area and us Cheeseheads, I hope that the Chicago crowd can put up and shut up for Eddie's shows this weekend! I'm lucky enough to get to go Friday night and I hope I don't have to sit through 100 "Go Cubbies" like I did last night. Even immediately after the show was over some knob kept screaming "WOOO! Six Game Lead! WOOO!" as he was walking up the aisle. WTF! You just saw Eddie perform for 2 1/2 hours and that's the best thing you can come up with? I've always had great luck with meeting great people from Chicago, so I'm hoping the crowd Friday can prove that they can be better than they were last night!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    Can't understand why he would play a shithole like Milwaukee anyway, if you are gonna play there you mine as well play the South then.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    With all the ribbing going on here between people from the Chicago area and us Cheeseheads, I hope that the Chicago crowd can put up and shut up for Eddie's shows this weekend! I'm lucky enough to get to go Friday night and I hope I don't have to sit through 100 "Go Cubbies" like I did last night. Even immediately after the show was over some knob kept screaming "WOOO! Six Game Lead! WOOO!" as he was walking up the aisle. WTF! You just saw Eddie perform for 2 1/2 hours and that's the best thing you can come up with? I've always had great luck with meeting great people from Chicago, so I'm hoping the crowd Friday can prove that they can be better than they were last night!

I know what guy your talking about.
  • Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    Can't understand why he would play a shithole like Milwaukee anyway, if you are gonna play there you mine as well play the South then.

Thats a pretty ignorant comment.

I'm from the north chicago burbs...and I feel lucky to be able to see 3 ed shows (thank you to sluggo for the friday tix)...I'm in the perfect location to hit chicago and milwaukee shows. I had never been to the riverside before last night...and i LOVED the venue! Sound was fantastic, venue was clean...MUCh cleaner than the likes of the VIC and RIV and ARAGON! I go to the rave every so often too...not as great of a venue, but I've always had a blast there, and when I meet Milwaukee music fans, they are just as passionate as any other music fan I have met in other places....this Chicago vs Milwaukee thing couldn't be ANY more ridiculous.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    fraidknot wrote:

by the way, Arc is just amazing.

Thats the thing, Arc is amazing. But it was waaaaay off last night.
    tacos
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    pjbiaas wrote:
    well one thing that might make life easier next time, why not sell the whole thing out to the fanclub. So many fanclub members i spoke to last night are not going to chicago because they didn;t get tix and didn;t want to sit in the nosebleeds after battling chicago traffic. So now instead of fanclub you have some drunk who bought from a scalper sitting there. I say sell the whole friggen tour out to the fanclub, reserve 200 seats for the public at the box office the day of. Seriously, although the fc seats rock this tour....it was a pain in the rear getting them.. refresh...refresh..buy...out of stock...refresh...buy... we will never be happy

As I think about this....you may have a point. I was in aisle J, 10 rows back from the stage surrounded largely by 10C people. I really did not hear as much of the obnoxiouis stuff as so many others did. Definitely sounds like the a holes were further up into the theater...maybe wher most non fan club members were.

Problem is I'm sure some of these a holes have been 10C members over this tour...as so many jump on just for a shot at tickets.
  • Options
    DesignVHL wrote:
    Thats a pretty ignorant comment.

I'm from the north chicago burbs...and I feel lucky to be able to see 3 ed shows (thank you to sluggo for the friday tix)...I'm in the perfect location to hit chicago and milwaukee shows. I had never been to the riverside before last night...and i LOVED the venue! Sound was fantastic, venue was clean...MUCh cleaner than the likes of the VIC and RIV and ARAGON! I go to the rave every so often too...not as great of a venue, but I've always had a blast there, and when I meet Milwaukee music fans, they are just as passionate as any other music fan I have met in other places....this Chicago vs Milwaukee thing couldn't be ANY more ridiculous.

thanks...anyone who has been to Milwaukee knows it's a great little city.

People move away from Miwaukee but they usually move back...there is a reason for it.
  • Options
    Sounds like screaming idiots were worse than usual last night. Had to really piss Ed off since he was anticipating it.

When he told the story about how people screaming while he was performing was like having a dog hump your leg while meeting a girls parents for the first time in DC II he prefaced it by saying he thought he should try the story out as he was sure there would be some "real assholes" in Milwaukee.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 648
    So, I haven't read through every post in this topic as I am at work, but I sat 2 rows directly behind the guy that got tossed. His seats were Row E seats 1 and 2 in the center eisle if anyone cares.

He was annoying, claiming the guy next to him was spilling his drinks when it had to be him because he was an absolute mess and the guy next to him was there with his girlfriend and totally sober. He was flailing his arms around during slow songs and throwing his drink up as if to salute. That would be ok at a full band show but this got annoying for the whole section behind him. The guy next to him reported him and security came down and talked to him, then he was reported to security by at least two other people sitting around him and security continuously just came up to look at him or ask him to calm down. This was honestly the most distracting part. I wish they either just tossed him to begin with or they just stopped checking on him, because it was a constant commotion. It honestly ruined a good portion of the middle of the show for me. When they finally came to get him he was all slumped over and was yelling "leave me alone", then they finally grabbed him (it took 2 or 3 security guards) and I thought that he was going to hit one of the guys that reported him. It was a mess, it was much better once he was gone though. His buddy bailed on him about a half hour before his exodus, haha.

On top of that the screaming "I Love you Eddie" girl was directly behind me and hung out with "drunk I'm a 10c member" guy.

My seats were fantastic though and I thought the show was great. I wish I could have had a better experience of a couple of the songs though.

Note to security at these shows, if someone is complained about on multiple occasions just get them out of there!!! haha
  • Options
    thanks...anyone who has been to Milwaukee knows it's a great little city.

People move away from Miwaukee but they usually move back...there is a reason for it.

YES, but I can tell you w/out a doubt that they are not moving back for da BEAST :P

But yeah all in all, it is a nice little city...actually was my first time in the down town area though, thought it was pretty cool....wish I had more time to roam around...but I shot up from the burbs right after work...and strange enough, there wasn't ANY traffic..where it is NORMALLY way backed up on 94...totally eerie.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Yeah, after Arc I asked my wife if she was ready to leave, she asked if I was sure it was over. My logic was that Arc was an awesome way to close a show, it was after 11:00, and why would he reward a crowd with another song?

I do think it was a massive evening of highs and lows for him. Obviously the lows have been discussed in great length, but there were times when he seemed like he was loving the hell out of the crowd singing. Guess you can't have one without the other. But he mentioned the "Hey!"s in "You've got to hide your love away" were the best of the tour so far, and he even extended the song for more of them. Also he seemed to be impressed with the singing in "Small Town". You know, a performer can cater to a crowd by praising their singing, but his face really seemed to show his enjoyment. Once again, he extended the song for more "Awaaaaaaaay"s. Maybe it was the room flattering the singing of the crowd. Who knows. But there were highs and lows for him, and I think both were on the extreme ends. Wouldn't be surprised if there were no more solo tours.

Well put...I do agree that future solo tours may be out. Or maybe he should charge $150-200/ticket. That would keep out the idiots. And I would pay it to be part of a respectful crowd.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    I'm going to both Chicago shows. If I see a screamer, I am not going to do anything until after the show.

But at that point, I am going to find them and punch them in the face.

I'm not going to get myself kicked out of the show, but it will not go unpunished.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I'm going to both Chicago shows. If I see a screamer, I am not going to do anything until after the show.

But at that point, I am going to find them and punch them in the face.

I'm not going to get myself kicked out of the show, but it will not go unpunished.

You're probably going to end up punching alot of people in the face that night because these fuckers are far worse than an infestation of ants or rats.
    They're everywhere in every city, at every venue....calling out for the same stupid songs "Jeremy" "State of Love and Trust" "Black" "Crazy Mary".

They should lock the door to the bar minutes before the show starts. Trap them all in and not let them out to the end of the show. That would be the only way to save Chicago from the hecklers.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    You're probably going to end up punching alot of people in the face that night because these fuckers are far worse than an infestation of ants or rats.
    They're everywhere in every city, at every venue....calling out for the same stupid songs "Jeremy" "State of Love and Trust" "Black" "Crazy Mary".

They should lock the door to the bar minutes before the show starts. Trap them all in and not let them out to the end of the show. That would be the only way to save Chicago from the hecklers.

I dont think chicago will be quite as bad.

But, believe me, Im not kidding.

Even if I find one guy and get him....it will be worth it.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    I have a confession to make. I yelled something.

We got pulled out of the balcony by Ed's folks and got front row seats.

After he did his "shut. the. F%CK UP." bit, there was some quiet...

Me and the girl next to me yelled, "Thank you for the seats Ed!"

He gave us a little look and nodded...