Options

Ed In Milwaukee

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Posted this already in the "Milwaukee...Awesome" thread, but if anyone wants to read a positive review about this show, as opposed to all the negatives that have been mentioned, take a second and read my review here. Sure, there were things (and people) that I would change about the show, if I could, but we got a great setlist and IMO it was a wonderful night, and it's time to focus on what we liked about the show. Cheers and thanks for reading.

http://wordstosell.vox.com/library/post/eddie-vedder-the-riverside-theater-081908.html
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Overall, the show was amazing...

And by the way, I really enjoyed Milwaukee as well...nice little downtown you have there.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rnr2000rnr2000 Posts: 1
    Another take on things...a few random thoughts....

I had my son with me at the concert, he is 14, this was his first concert ever and he had been looking incredibly forward to it. He seemed fairly un-bothered by the yellers, the impolite persons we have all mentioned. He noticed them obviously and thought they were rude, but overall he just kind of shrugged it off as, oh well, there are some in every crowd and just focused on the music. Which, I was proud of him for especially since I cannot say I necessarily held the same mindset he did; I was quite frankly ready to smack some of them at one point but tried to just relax also. The persons that sat near us were very cool, very polite to him. We had dinner at Mo's and some guys there were very cool to him also, so thanks guys - one was from Wyoming and I believe one lived in Denver.

My take on the yellers? Way too much alcohol. I am not a tee-totaller myself, I actually had a few that evening, but I think it comes down to that. Those dudes had just way, way too much and then were not able to conduct themselves appropriately (this might be painfully obvious, but just my two cents worth). Too bad, they missed a heck of a show.
  • Options
    brainofTbrainofT Posts: 19
    Bibbs wrote:
    Forget Alpine Valley come up to The Big Top in Northern Wisconsin. We'll give you all the respect you need! or (The Deck MN) We have Northwoods "Hippie Class" up here and thrive on acoustical music.

I second and third that! From experience, I can garauntee we would love him up here in the North Country.
    milwaukee '95, alpine valley '00 & '03, St. Paul '06, Lolla '07
    "won't someone..... save the world"
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    All summer long this type of behaviour seems to have been the experience of quite a few fans on this board, both at PJ shows and EV shows. Need to deal with it like Newark, (or Hartford?)

Less tailgating time for Giants, Jets fans
    Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. -- Fans heading to the Meadowlands Sports Complex can expect fewer hours for tailgating under new rules regarding alcohol and fan behavior.

Parking lots for Giants Stadium, the Izod Arena and the Meadowlands Racetrack will open five hours before events, instead of seven.
    In addition, season ticketholders who are ejected from the stadium or arena will have their tickets revoked, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Tuesday.
    If the season tickets are being used by someone other than the owner, the owner will be sent two warnings. A third incident will result in revocation, said Dennis Robinson, authority president and CEO.

"This program is, plain and simple, about respect. Respect for oneself and one another," Robinson said.
    Each team can decide whether to issue refunds for revoked tickets, he said.
    The New York Giants and New York Jets play at the stadium, and the New Jersey Nets play at the arena. The teams did not immediately return calls seeking comment on their policies. Nearly all football seats are held by season ticketholders.

The authority also took steps to prevent harassment of women. Last season, security at the stadium's Gate D was increased at Jets games because hundreds of men would gather at halftime and demand that women expose their breasts. View-blocking banners will be hung on the spiral staircase to help eliminate the problem, which did not occur during Giants games.

Earlier this month, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell warned that spectators who misbehave would be ejected from stadiums and barred from coming back. The policy is aimed at conduct that the league said "detracts from the gameday experience."

It includes bans on disruptive behavior; signs of drunkenness; foul language and other misbehavior.

State Senate president Richard J. Codey, who demanded a crackdown at Gate D, commended the sports authority for its action.

"Consider this an idiot protection policy for those fans decent and mature enough to enjoy the event without getting trashed," said Codey, D-Essex. "For those that were used to overdoing it, hopefully now they will get home safely without endangering others and come to enjoy waking up the next morning and actually remembering the game."

Unchanged is the halftime cutoff for alcohol sales, said to be the most stringent in the NFL, and the limit of two drinks at each purchase.

The authority is also introducing a text messaging system that will allow fans to notify stadium management of problems.

Copies of the fan "code of conduct" will be posted and distributed. Among other items, it requires fans to sit in their ticketed seats and refrain from "foul or abusive language and obscene gestures and harassment of visiting team fans."

It states that, "Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the field of play will be immediately ejected."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    Originally Posted by mkumer24
    The show was absolutely incredible! Thank you Eddie. It seems like most of the talk of this thread is the crowd. The 4 or 5 drunk idiots were definitely annoying. Some of the comments were completely ridiculous. However, imo, I think Eddie responded too much to the yells. I think responding too much fuels the fire and gives more power to a tiny group of people.

Exactly what I think...alot of us were there because we love the music. There are going to be assholes, he didn't really deal with it the best way.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    rnr2000 wrote:
    Another take on things...a few random thoughts....

I had my son with me at the concert, he is 14, this was his first concert ever and he had been looking incredibly forward to it. He seemed fairly un-bothered by the yellers, the impolite persons we have all mentioned. He noticed them obviously and thought they were rude, but overall he just kind of shrugged it off as, oh well, there are some in every crowd and just focused on the music. Which, I was proud of him for especially since I cannot say I necessarily held the same mindset he did; I was quite frankly ready to smack some of them at one point but tried to just relax also. The persons that sat near us were very cool, very polite to him. We had dinner at Mo's and some guys there were very cool to him also, so thanks guys - one was from Wyoming and I believe one lived in Denver.

My take on the yellers? Way too much alcohol. I am not a tee-totaller myself, I actually had a few that evening, but I think it comes down to that. Those dudes had just way, way too much and then were not able to conduct themselves appropriately (this might be painfully obvious, but just my two cents worth). Too bad, they missed a heck of a show.

Thanks for your take on things and your first post here! My friend and I were the ones you sat next to at the pre-party (Wyoming and Denver guys) and it was a pleasure meeting you and your son. I hope he enjoyed his first live PJ related experience. Tell him I said "hi" and hope to meet you guys again at another show.
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    Being lucky enough to have gone to Milwaukee and Chicago 1 last night (obviously not as lucky tonight :( ) I have a new take on the whole Milwaukee Shouters situation. I think that the room in Milwaukee was very conducive to crowd noise both for the better and worse. The Auditorium Theatre is much larger, both in heigth and width. I was around shouters in Chicago too, albeit not as frequent, and their shouts just didn't travel. And where the sing alongs in Milwaukee were VERY loud, it didn't seem like they were in Chicago even though it seemed the effort was the same. Maybe it was my seating in Chicago, I was in one of the boxes on the far side. But I think that PART of the "problem" in Milwaukee was the room.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Being lucky enough to have gone to Milwaukee and Chicago 1 last night (obviously not as lucky tonight :( ) I have a new take on the whole Milwaukee Shouters situation. I think that the room in Milwaukee was very conducive to crowd noise both for the better and worse. The Auditorium Theatre is much larger, both in heigth and width. I was around shouters in Chicago too, albeit not as frequent, and their shouts just didn't travel. And where the sing alongs in Milwaukee were VERY loud, it didn't seem like they were in Chicago even though it seemed the effort was the same. Maybe it was my seating in Chicago, I was in one of the boxes on the far side. But I think that PART of the "problem" in Milwaukee was the room.

I agree with your assesement. I could have went tonight but gave my ticket to someone who didnt' even know who Eddie Vedder was in hopes of getting a new fan.

Riverside is much smaller and "packed in"

I had very similar seats both nights, about 15 rows back.
  • Options
    mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    Maybe these people were just pissed they paid $80 for an "intimate" evening with The Almighty Edward Louis Severson the Third.. What a night filled with an air of assumed importance. But in regards to the Riverside Theater, to prevent this behavior all they had to do was halt the PBR sales. Glad I saved the $80.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10