Options

Temple Of The Dog Tour and Re-issue Pre-Sale

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    my2hands said:

mrussel1 said:

At least some PJ20 footage is making its way out. Odd choice that they are using fan shot footage. Maybe saving the pro shot for the PJ20 box...???

The pro shot was lost. I'm not kidding. All the people that recorded signed releases so it could be used. It was a rush job that was put together in June.
    That is very interesting... Do you have any more info on that and how do you know all that? It does say that they are using some Pearl Jam archival hd pit footage...
    Check your messages for details.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    Excited they're doing this and for the setlist possibilities. BUT this tour is one I'm not willing to cross multiple states and pay airfare, hotel, etc. to see. If I were w/n a couple of hours from one of the five pitstops it'd be a no-brainer, however that's not the case. Hail, hail the lucky ones attending and looking forward to following along from afar come November.
    #playthesouth
  • Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498

Did they ever make a single LP version of the record? It's not a long album, I find it so annoying that they stretch it out over 3 sides when it would easily fit on 2. Seeing this more and more with reissues everywhere, I don't get the appeal.

So they can charge more.
    But they also have to make more product - it's an entire extra record to manufacture!

If they sold a single LP version for the same price, I would just buy that one. I get in this case they made the 4th side artwork, so some folks get jazzed about that, but the Vitalogy reissue for example is just wasteful and annoying to play.

Guess I should be grateful they didn't do this to the No Code / Yield rereleases. But just wish this practice would stop entirely - especially from a group of artists who allegedly promotes a "less is more" philosophy on things. Very wasteful way to make a record.

End rant.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Spoken said:

I just received the soundgarden, temple of the dog email, with the pre sale code...

I got the CC one about 1:30 EST and the Soundgarden one sometime during the night...lol.
    Of course work got in the way and I got nada...Trying my luck with 10C

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    my2hands said:

i have a strong feeling some dates will be added... maybe not any cities, but it wouldn't be a shock to see a philly date added

with that being said i hope they add Saturday because we currently have a pair of tickets to the first ever full TOTD concert... in philly... on a Friday night... and i hope to keep it that way!!!!!! :)

I agree, there are gaps between each show.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I'm curious if there will be a lottery for for a few rows up front
  • Options
    DM245926DM245926 Posts: 11
    I am hoping they put more dates on in Seattle as we want to visit from the UK and there are a few empty days at that venue after the 20th... I doubt my luck on the lottery!

Also received my 10 club and Soundgarden emails 7:10pm and 6:45 GMT time...
  • Options
    AlfaDogAlfaDog Posts: 2
    Hopefully it will be recorded in 360... it will be a real treat to view a show at the Paramount in VR...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Gee, thanks guys.
    Im not planning on going, but if we are going to have a presale like this, please have a better system than this

Received: July 21 10:59AM

TEMPLE OF THE DOG REUNITE FOR FIRST EVER TOUR
    PRESALE BEGINS TODAY AT 10AM PST

25TH ANNIVERSARY REISSUE COLLECTION DUE SEPTEMBER 30TH
    Ticket pre-sales begin TODAY (July 20) at 10:00 AM PST and ends July 27 at 10am PST – The pre-sale links are listed below (pre-sale password is xxxxxxxx and is not case sensitive). Tickets will go on sale to the general public HERE on Friday, July 29th, at 12 noon local time. $1.50 from each ticket sold will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation and an additional $1.50 will benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    aNiMaL said:

jeffbr said:

Got my Seattle tix! Can't wait!

Nice dude! Glad to see yourself still kicking around these parts. Been a long time.
    It has! Good luck in the lottery!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 164
    Do I play the odds and enter in for the higher available one??? Or go for the lower odds?? Higher odd cities might cost more in hotel, airfare, etc.. And with the lower odds cities it might cost less to travel there. Higher odds=greater chance to see Temple of the Dog but spend more money. Lower odds =not likely going, BUT if I do win could spend less. what to do?
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    mrussel1 said:

okay now that the ticket madness has settled down, can someone explain this to me?

CD 1:
    · Original album newly mixed in 192/24 stereo by Brendan O’Brien

How do you have 192/24 on a piece of media that only supports 44/16? Did I miss some innovation somewhere, or am I misreading this?

http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=11&products_id=4776

I'll take a stab at this. I am by no means an audio engineer or really even an audiophile so a lot of this may be wrong, but I think all this means is that the original analog tapes were transferred to 192/24 and were mixed in that format by Brendan O'Brien. Those 192/24 mixes are then down sampled to 44/16 for the CD and, likely, used for the vinyl as well. I think a similar process was used for the newest set of Led Zeppelin remasters. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    AO253126 said:

mrussel1 said:

okay now that the ticket madness has settled down, can someone explain this to me?

CD 1:

How do you have 192/24 on a piece of media that only supports 44/16? Did I miss some innovation somewhere, or am I misreading this?

I'll take a stab at this. I am by no means an audio engineer or really even an audiophile so a lot of this may be wrong, but I think all this means is that the original analog tapes were transferred to 192/24 and were mixed in that format by Brendan O'Brien. Those 192/24 mixes are then down sampled to 44/16 for the CD and, likely, used for the vinyl as well. I think a similar process was used for the newest set of Led Zeppelin remasters. Hope that helps.
    You are probably correct and the bullet is simply misleading in its description.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    mrussel1 said:

AO253126 said:

mrussel1 said:

CD 1:

You are probably correct and the bullet is simply misleading in its description.
    Yeah, that description is kind of misleading. At least we get the 96/24 audio in the deluxe box set though.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Spoken said:

I just received the soundgarden, temple of the dog email, with the pre sale code...

Yeah, me too (8:32 A.M. this morning), so that didn't do us any good, did it?

I did try it , for shits & giggles, anyway= NO LUCK>LOL
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470

Did they ever make a single LP version of the record? It's not a long album, I find it so annoying that they stretch it out over 3 sides when it would easily fit on 2. Seeing this more and more with reissues everywhere, I don't get the appeal.

I have an original 92 Brazilian press that's one LP. Pretty flimsy but sounds great. As good as my purple re-issue.
  • Options
    AngryGregAngryGreg Posts: 70
    The Soundgarden presale code at midnight last night made me laugh. Just a little late!
  • Options
    AngryGreg said:

The Soundgarden presale code at midnight last night made me laugh. Just a little late!

haha, yup just a tad.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    I love how gentle everyone is when it comes to Soundgarden and Chris Cornell, lol. If 10C had pulled that people would be having conniption fits about it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    GOOD CALL.............. makes you think, not to many people could open for that band

Eddie solo tour to coincide with a few TOTD dates? Would be sweeeeet!

• Options
    ED9114ED9114 Posts: 6
    TICKET PRICE DISCREPANCY: Just received this link from the Soundgarden newsletter to buy pre-sale tickets starting "today" (even though it says July 20th, much like the Pearl Jam email said "as of the 19th" but was only delivered the 20th, ugh!) and/or general public tickets as of July 29th and these tickets:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B0050F2FDF73828

are $88 dollars each. so why are the fan club pre-sale/dra tickets for that same show selling for $194 per pair (or $97 each)?........
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    ED9114 said:

TICKET PRICE DISCREPANCY: Just received this link from the Soundgarden newsletter to buy pre-sale tickets starting "today" (even though it says July 20th, much like the Pearl Jam email said "as of the 19th" but was only delivered the 20th, ugh!) and/or general public tickets as of July 29th and these tickets:

are $88 dollars each. so why are the fan club pre-sale/dra tickets for that same show selling for $194 per pair (or $97 each)?........

Ticket price: $88
    Service fee: $20.30
    Total ticket price on TM: $108.30

So 10c tickets are cheaper.
  • Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    You've obviously never bought tickets on Ticketmaster if you think the tickets are going to be $186 ($88x2).
    ED9114 said:

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    ED9114 said:

The Soundgarden/Chris Cornell emails rolled out late throughout the day to most people. I didn't receive mine until 5-6pm PDT yesterday, but luckily had a friend who alerted me. For Pearl Jam's ticket lottery, you had to be an active member as of the 19th, the day before the announcement, in order to take part. So you couldn't sign up on the 20th after the tour announcement and be eligible for the lottery.

With regards to the price, there are Ticketmaster fees added to the $88 that will easily take it over the 10C price.
  • Options
    In my experience with Pearl Jam the tickets never cost a different price than the starting price at Ticketmaster (who obviously gouge fans whenever possible)...I was just surprised. I know the Pearl Jam tickets will not only be cheaper in the long run but the best possible quality too since it's for the fans. But am I wrong on this? Hasn't it been the same price as the Ticketmaster tickets in the past?.....
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    ED9114 said:

In my experience with Pearl Jam the tickets never cost a different price than the starting price at Ticketmaster (who obviously gouge fans whenever possible)...I was just surprised. I know the Pearl Jam tickets will not only be cheaper in the long run but the best possible quality too since it's for the fans. But am I wrong on this? Hasn't it been the same price as the Ticketmaster tickets in the past?.....

No. Pearl Jam still has to add in facility fees, I believe. They get to cut out some of the convenience fees.
  • Options
    perhaps one of the best illustrations of how TM operates:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgUiPYVssI

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Is there a difference between "some of the best seats" and "the best seats" as we usually get for pj shows?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited July 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

Is there a difference between "some of the best seats" and "the best seats" as we usually get for pj shows?

Yes, a big difference. There are always TM and 10C members mixed together now as far as I can tell. It's not like 10C members just automatically get the first 10 rows or whatever. I'm sure either TM or the venues (or a mix, depending) demand that a lot (maybe the majority) of the best seats are kept for public (aka bot) sales. And that also includes any venues with season ticket holders priority, which often gobbles up just about every great seat in the place.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yes, a big difference. There are always TM and 10C members mixed together now as far as I can tell. It's not like 10C members just automatically get the first 10 rows or whatever. I'm sure either TM or the venues (or a mix, depending) demand that a lot (maybe the majority) of the best seats are kept for public (aka bot) sales.
    Yeah that s what I figured. Damn
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......