Options

BLM a terrorist organization??

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Wobbie said:

I live at ground zero of BLM hate - Utah - our dumb ass representatives rip the BLM at any chance they get.......and then want the BLM to "fix" the salt flats just so peple can drive cars fast.....and I do like speed week but you can't have it both ways. just like utah hates the "feds" until we need fed money for fire or flood relief.

Utah and Nevada are awesome with all the BLM space.
    Got lots of it here in Colorado as well.
    How did we go from Black Lives Matter to Bureau of Land Management? :lol:
    Don't you know?

The anti-govt people on here, and elsewhere, think the BLM is a terrorist organization!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Wobbie said:

I live at ground zero of BLM hate - Utah - our dumb ass representatives rip the BLM at any chance they get.......and then want the BLM to "fix" the salt flats just so peple can drive cars fast.....and I do like speed week but you can't have it both ways. just like utah hates the "feds" until we need fed money for fire or flood relief.

Utah and Nevada are awesome with all the BLM space.
    Got lots of it here in Colorado as well.
    How did we go from Black Lives Matter to Bureau of Land Management? :lol:
    Don't you know?

The anti-govt people on here, and elsewhere, think the BLM is a terrorist organization!
    LOL.

I have to admit to having some issues with BLM allowing over-grazing on some public lands but I'm also very thankful for those lands as well as National Forest lands and having been afforded the opportunities to dry camp on those lands many times. As Mr. Gambs pointed out, "Utah and Nevada are awesome with all the BLM space". Also true of other parts of the west. Sadly, not so true back east.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637

Thirty Bills, your first paragraph outlines the prejudice, and your second one makes excuses to maintain a certain status quo, and your third one is taking away from the topic at hand, which is police abuse by way of prejudice. Taking the thought of how blacks are arrested for crimes at a higher rate is the root of the prejudice belief that blacks are more prone to violence and crime. This belief is the main starting point for police abusing their power. Under stress, this belief will be more likely to surface and change behaviors, e.g. a white person reaching into their jacket is getting their I.D., and black person reaching into their jacket is getting their gun. The fact that there is no correlation between crime rates in urban areas vs. the rate unarmed blacks get shot by cops reveals that some police departments do a good job with hiring and training in this area so that the individual is more aware of how to not let prejudice factor into the interactions, and other do a bad job in this area and let it fester and grow. Police discrimination is not just an urban issue. It happens in smaller towns and rural areas as well. The black guy on my street is no more prone to illegal behavior than I am, but people think that he is.

Is this not part of the problem? If you don't blame systemic racism, you're making excuses. I think 30 has made several valid points in this thread that you have dismissed basically because he's also including the people need to hold themselves accountable.
    Systematic racism is part of the problem and part of the roots of racism come from there. I don't have a problem making changes at the root, but sometimes you can also make changes at the leaves. Again, the 'hold themselves accountable' piece I have issue with because it seems like minimization and you basically saying to the innocent black person who is a victim of police abuse to just brush it off because fellow blacks are involved in crime.
  • Options

Thirty Bills, your first paragraph outlines the prejudice, and your second one makes excuses to maintain a certain status quo, and your third one is taking away from the topic at hand, which is police abuse by way of prejudice. Taking the thought of how blacks are arrested for crimes at a higher rate is the root of the prejudice belief that blacks are more prone to violence and crime. This belief is the main starting point for police abusing their power. Under stress, this belief will be more likely to surface and change behaviors, e.g. a white person reaching into their jacket is getting their I.D., and black person reaching into their jacket is getting their gun. The fact that there is no correlation between crime rates in urban areas vs. the rate unarmed blacks get shot by cops reveals that some police departments do a good job with hiring and training in this area so that the individual is more aware of how to not let prejudice factor into the interactions, and other do a bad job in this area and let it fester and grow. Police discrimination is not just an urban issue. It happens in smaller towns and rural areas as well. The black guy on my street is no more prone to illegal behavior than I am, but people think that he is.

Is this not part of the problem? If you don't blame systemic racism, you're making excuses. I think 30 has made several valid points in this thread that you have dismissed basically because he's also including the people need to hold themselves accountable.
    Systematic racism is part of the problem and part of the roots of racism come from there. I don't have a problem making changes at the root, but sometimes you can also make changes at the leaves. Again, the 'hold themselves accountable' piece I have issue with because it seems like minimization and you basically saying to the innocent black person who is a victim of police abuse to just brush it off because fellow blacks are involved in crime.
    You have a problem with holding people accountable because all black people are victims of police abuse? Come on.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with holding people accountable, but maybe I'm confused about who the people are that are being referenced. I'm talking about cops shooting unarmed blacks. Who are you saying needs to be held accountable?
  • Options
    Seems like anyone, especially now, can jump on the black lives matter bandwagon and go about their business of looting, violence, and hate. I don't know if I would classify them as terrorists but I would say they are in the ballpark of organized crime. No investigations even started and they want to riot.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited September 2016
    Can anyone provide a list of leadership or hierarchy structure in the BLM terrorist organization or BLM organized crime mob?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:

Can anyone provide a list of leadership or hierarchy structure in the BLM terrorist organization or BLM organized crime mob?

Obama is the kingpin, obviously.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    JC29856 said:

They behave more like mob mentality than organized crime. And by they I refer to the ones creating chaos in the streets.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

They behave more like mob mentality than organized crime. And by they I refer to the ones creating chaos in the streets.
    That wasn't a question directed necessarily at you, this thread is titled is 'BLM a terrorist organization' with many replies. I'm simply asking what is the organizational structure and who are their leaders?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    BLM is a victim organization. They have convinced a large number of people that they are victims.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

BLM is a victim organization. They have convinced a large number of people that they are victims.

So the bias and prejudice in the legal system from the cops on up never has happened, it's been planted in their brains by blm?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204

Jason P said:

So the bias and prejudice in the legal system from the cops on up never has happened, it's been planted in their brains by blm?
    BLM is like Occupy Wall Street. A nice slogan with zero leadership or organization at this point.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

BLM is like Occupy Wall Street. A nice slogan with zero leadership or organization at this point.
    That's for sure!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Who's they? How many members are in this organization?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2016

PJPOWER said:

No.

I could comment about much of this, but I'll try and limit myself to your claim that my second paragraph is an excuse to maintain the status quo. Give me a f**kibg break.

I spoke to it earlier: the impoverished will remain impoverished until the well offs (I believe I said you were one of these) are prepared to share (more taxes). I spoke to improving social programming in meaningful fashion so that there is hope for people born to poverty. Christ man... inner city kids don't even know what it's like to eat fresh food periodically (given the lack of markets vs fast food chains).

You speak to better training for law enforcement. Well pshew! Maybe... just maybe... that might result in fewer young black men getting shot when they didn't need to be. It doesn't fix the bigger problem though.

Of course, the aforementioned means very little if you are telling me- correctly so- that there is an equitable balance of whites and blacks in America's inner cities. I'm under the impression your country's worst neighbourhoods are reserved for your black population.

Get to the underlying issues and then the point of the problem disappears (in my mind).

Blacks, whites, purples... makes no difference given an equal playing field.
    This made me think of a training that I went to a while back; "The Culture of Poverty". It's very hard for someone born into poverty to escape that culture. That's not to say that there are not those that are very successful at breaking the poverty strings that hold others down. It's the mindset of "My parents worked at McDonalds, so I am going to work there too". Not only that, but many families that see a family member becoming successful will intentionally or unintentionally try to sabotage that success based on the fear of being left behind or not being important to that successful person anymore. This may manifest by guilting the successful person for leaving their "values" or heritage behind or by them "disowning" them because they have different financial, moral, or world views. It's not as simple as giving them more money. Escaping poverty often requires individuals to "divorce" those irresponsible people that keep trying to drag them back in...which can be pretty difficult when the underlying relationships are nurturing or loving ones. This can be seen in inner-city neighborhoods, rural low income farming communities, 3rd world countries... When approaching and educating impoverished communities, you must keep in the back of your mind that plenty of them have no interest in change because change=inconsistency, and consistency to an impoverished person is like gold. After school programs that take children beyond the confides of their known worlds are helpful, but there is no switch that you can flick to make a person want to leave loved ones behind, even if those loved ones are sucking the life blood out of them. To change a culture, you must disrupt it. How can these cultures be disrupted to the point that drives people to decide to say "fuck this place, I'm finding something better" in a non-violent, humane way?
    Maybe BLM should put their effort into these things instead of standing out in the middle of highways and enticing riots...although burning down these communities may actually be a pretty effective strategy...I kid, I kid.
    Are you saying that cops would stop shooting unarmed blacks and respect their rights if they would break the cycle of poverty?
    I'm saying that the cops are not the main ones killing unarmed blacks. Are you saying that BLM blocking roadways and burning towns is going to stop cops shooting unarmed black people and respect their rights?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

No.

I could comment about much of this, but I'll try and limit myself to your claim that my second paragraph is an excuse to maintain the status quo. Give me a f**kibg break.

I spoke to it earlier: the impoverished will remain impoverished until the well offs (I believe I said you were one of these) are prepared to share (more taxes). I spoke to improving social programming in meaningful fashion so that there is hope for people born to poverty. Christ man... inner city kids don't even know what it's like to eat fresh food periodically (given the lack of markets vs fast food chains).

You speak to better training for law enforcement. Well pshew! Maybe... just maybe... that might result in fewer young black men getting shot when they didn't need to be. It doesn't fix the bigger problem though.

Of course, the aforementioned means very little if you are telling me- correctly so- that there is an equitable balance of whites and blacks in America's inner cities. I'm under the impression your country's worst neighbourhoods are reserved for your black population.

Get to the underlying issues and then the point of the problem disappears (in my mind).

This made me think of a training that I went to a while back; "The Culture of Poverty". It's very hard for someone born into poverty to escape that culture. That's not to say that there are not those that are very successful at breaking the poverty strings that hold others down. It's the mindset of "My parents worked at McDonalds, so I am going to work there too". Not only that, but many families that see a family member becoming successful will intentionally or unintentionally try to sabotage that success based on the fear of being left behind or not being important to that successful person anymore. This may manifest by guilting the successful person for leaving their "values" or heritage behind or by them "disowning" them because they have different financial, moral, or world views. It's not as simple as giving them more money. Escaping poverty often requires individuals to "divorce" those irresponsible people that keep trying to drag them back in...which can be pretty difficult when the underlying relationships are nurturing or loving ones. This can be seen in inner-city neighborhoods, rural low income farming communities, 3rd world countries... When approaching and educating impoverished communities, you must keep in the back of your mind that plenty of them have no interest in change because change=inconsistency, and consistency to an impoverished person is like gold. After school programs that take children beyond the confides of their known worlds are helpful, but there is no switch that you can flick to make a person want to leave loved ones behind, even if those loved ones are sucking the life blood out of them. To change a culture, you must disrupt it. How can these cultures be disrupted to the point that drives people to decide to say "fuck this place, I'm finding something better" in a non-violent, humane way?
    Maybe BLM should put their effort into these things instead of standing out in the middle of highways and enticing riots...although burning down these communities may actually be a pretty effective strategy...I kid, I kid.
    Are you saying that cops would stop shooting unarmed blacks and respect their rights if they would break the cycle of poverty?
    I'm saying that the cops are not the main ones killing unarmed blacks. Are you saying that BLM blocking roadways and burning towns is going to stop cops shooting unarmed black people and respect their rights?
    It can initiate change within particular police departments, similar to how other departments have changed.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

No.

It can initiate change within particular police departments, similar to how other departments have changed.
    Such as them refusing to patrol black neighborhoods because of the fear of their own personal safety? The lawlessness and violence perpetuated by some of the ones claiming to be BLM members seems counterproductive in terms of racism and the criminal acts do nothing but validate the stereotypes of those that are already biases. There doesn't seem to be very good leadership or organization within the group.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

I said "And by "they" I refer to the ones creating chaos in the streets."
    Meaning the ones out rioting and looting.

And a mob is not an organization. Again, referring to the ones out rioting and looting as I mentioned.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

You know..."those people"
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284
    PJPOWER said:

The lawlessness and violence perpetuated by some of the ones claiming to be BLM members seems counterproductive in terms of racism and the criminal acts do nothing but validate the stereotypes of those that are already biases. There doesn't seem to be very good leadership or organization within the group.

I completely agree that these riots and looting damage the legitimate cause of #BLM, if not outright negating it. However, it does not "validate" peoples stereotypes and biases. It REINFORCES those beliefs, not validates them. Trust me, there are still more black people who are not criminals and are productive members of society than there are rioters, looters and pillagers!

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    seanwon said:

PJPOWER said:

The lawlessness and violence perpetuated by some of the ones claiming to be BLM members seems counterproductive in terms of racism and the criminal acts do nothing but validate the stereotypes of those that are already biases. There doesn't seem to be very good leadership or organization within the group.

I completely agree that these riots and looting damage the legitimate cause of #BLM, if not outright negating it. However, it does not "validate" peoples stereotypes and biases. It REINFORCES those beliefs, not validates them. Trust me, there are still more black people who are not criminals and are productive members of society than there are rioters, looters and pillagers!

To the ones who already believe the stereotypes, it does. Those people are hungry for reasons backing what they have been taught for generations. Although If BLM wants to be legit, non-violent protesters, they have to reign in the arson and looting at their sponsored protests...
    But you're right, to all the rest of the ones that vote... it "reinforces" them...which is also a negative consequence of the fires and free electronics...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Duplicate post again, wtf
  • Options
    Double post
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Anyone know how many BLM protests there have been in 2 years? And how many had looting or rioting or arson?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Anyone know how many BLM protests there have been in 2 years? And how many had looting or rioting or arson?

Is that excluding the ones under, let's say, 20 people?
  • Options
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    There's much truth in this piece that some on here simply will not accept.

There's definitely a societal problem, but these riots are merely excuses to act like f**king idiots- thugs is the more appropriate term, but I didn't want to use it lest some MT members spit their chai latte all over their trimmed beard and fashionable clothing which they have managed to buy with their privileged spot in society.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJPOWER said:
    There's much truth in this piece that some on here simply will not accept.

There's definitely a societal problem, but these riots are merely excuses to act like f**king idiots- thugs is the more appropriate term, but I didn't want to use it lest some MT members spit their chai latte all over their trimmed beard and fashionable clothing which they have managed to buy with their privileged spot in society.
    Lol, you left out man-buns! All humor asside, I fully agree!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Spot on