Options

Police shooting people.....

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

If the rate of cops killing whites was the same as cops killing blacks, then we'd have a different story, the problem is, cops kill blacks at about 3x the rate they kill whites. And maybe I made an assumption about race when you referred to the people protesting and gang violence.

More whites were shot and killed by the police then blacks last year. Where are you coming up with more blacks were shot and killed?
    I didn't say more blacks were shot than whites. You're three times more likely to be shot by a cop if you're black than if you're white.
    Unarmed black men are actually 7 times more likely to be killed by a cop than Unarmed white men.
    wow that's a pretty insane statistic.
    blacks are also 13% of the overall population but account for 40% of the total number of people in prison. craziness. Nationally, according to the U.S. Census, Blacks are incarcerated five times more than Whites are, and Hispanics are nearly twice as likely to be incarcerated as Whites.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

If the rate of cops killing whites was the same as cops killing blacks, then we'd have a different story, the problem is, cops kill blacks at about 3x the rate they kill whites. And maybe I made an assumption about race when you referred to the people protesting and gang violence.

More whites were shot and killed by the police then blacks last year. Where are you coming up with more blacks were shot and killed?
    I didn't say more blacks were shot than whites. You're three times more likely to be shot by a cop if you're black than if you're white.
    Unarmed black men are actually 7 times more likely to be killed by a cop than Unarmed white men.
    blacks are also 13% of the overall population but account for 40% of the total number of people in prison. craziness. Nationally, according to the U.S. Census, Blacks are incarcerated five times more than Whites are, and Hispanics are nearly twice as likely to be incarcerated as Whites.
    Just remember those stats when you want to have that REAL conversation all the politicians and "community activists" blabber about Race relations in the USA . Thank God there is the other side of the street.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

Just remember those stats when you want to have that REAL conversation all the politicians and "community activists" blabber about Race relations in the USA . Thank God there is the other side of the street.
    You are confused again, the stats relate incarceration rates, not crime rates. Big difference.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

you can also look at that and wonder why ? are these people committing more crimes than whites ?

Godfather.

• Options
    To fully understand how quickly a cop has to make a decision check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    ^^^
    Nice video but there will be plenty of people here who will not see it this way and will refuse to believe this. Giving up rights blah, blah
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

You are confused again, the stats relate incarceration rates, not crime rates. Big difference.
    Oh yes, I am confused as always. The mush brains of the world would really be confused if the majority of liberal judges in big cities sentenced this demografic appropriately.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

To fully understand how quickly a cop has to make a decision check out this video:

"I didn't understand how important compliance was."

Well duh.

The moment a person refuses police orders and begins resisting, nothing good can happen: you are risking your safety by placing the officer in a defensive state of mind... and defensive for their well being. If the cop establishes that you are a serious threat... it's quite natural they will be quicker to use force with their safety in mind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

"I didn't understand how important compliance was."

Well duh.

The moment a person refuses police orders and begins resisting, nothing good can happen: you are risking your safety by placing the officer in a defensive state of mind... and defensive for their well being. If the cop establishes that you are a serious threat... it's quite natural they will be quicker to use force with their safety in mind.
    Well duh is right! Let s start without resisting arrest!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

Oh yes, I am confused as always. The mush brains of the world would really be confused if the majority of liberal judges in big cities sentenced this demografic appropriately.
    There is a lot of vaguely racist (and occasionally anti-semitic) comments made on this board.

Nothing vague about the above quoted post

:nuh_uh:
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284
    edited July 2016

There is a lot of vaguely racist (and occasionally anti-semitic) comments made on this board.

Yup. I though we had laws that determined how people were to be sentenced. I didn't realize we should should treat different "demografics" differently.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Hey they have Guns...and more importantly a Badge...so yeah they can Shoot people.
  • Options

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

Confusing Racism w/ Realism I see...
    In my Confused Libby town offenders do roughly between 25-35% of their sentence. The county used to blame budgetary reasons, but the big one now is to push "black and brown" people out since they are disproportionately being incarcerated. Ask The County Comish Toni Preckwickle...it's her mission.

If you WAna do some research look up black on black homcides. You will find a vast majority of the offenders are on parole, many for UUW...unlawful use of weapon. Many shooting/homocides in my town would not happen if the bleeding heart judges charged these offenders accordingly and make them do atleast 90% of their bit like they do in the federal system...but what the fuck do I know??
  • Options

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

EM194007 said:

http://time.com/4400259/rudy-giuliani-black-lives-matter/
    So is the famed ex NY Mayor Giuliani wrong or right in calling out the BLM movement as racist?
    I'm confused. It seems that everyone is a racist.

A black will die 1% or less at the hands of the police and 99% of the hands of a civilian, most often another black"

“When you say black lives matter, that’s inherently racist,” he later added. “Black lives matter. White lives matter. Asian lives matter. Hispanic lives matter. That’s anti-American and it’s racist.”
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Post edited by seanwon on
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
  • Options
    muskydan said:

In my Confused Libby town offenders do roughly between 25-35% of their sentence. The county used to blame budgetary reasons, but the big one now is to push "black and brown" people out since they are disproportionately being incarcerated. Ask The County Comish Toni Preckwickle...it's her mission.

If you WAna do some research look up black on black homcides. You will find a vast majority of the offenders are on parole, many for UUW...unlawful use of weapon. Many shooting/homocides in my town would not happen if the bleeding heart judges charged these offenders accordingly and make them do atleast 90% of their bit like they do in the federal system...but what the fuck do I know??

Everything wrong in the world is the fault of Liberals, right? If we could just get rid of Liberals there would be no crime, laws broken, violence, etc. The world would be peachy keen!

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    seanwon said:

muskydan said:

Everything wrong in the world is the fault of Liberals, right? If we could just get rid of Liberals there would be no crime, laws broken, violence, etc. The world would be peachy keen!

Well d'uh
    Liberals and the "demografics:
  • Options

seanwon said:

muskydan said:

Well d'uh
    Why mock people because of spelling errors?

So if there were no Liberals we could finally talk brass tacks why crime, violence and broken laws happen.
    A Liberal mind suspends itself and questions and wonders and questions and wonders and questions and wonders and questions and won.....
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    If this conversation is going to happen we need to bring all the cards to the table. Police need to be held accountable if they make mistakes, it is hard to second guess so that is why we need to implement body cameras. The black community also need to take a positive approach to talking about how come there is no words on when a black person kills another black person. There needs to be a 360 degree reform, every side needs to realize each has a portion of the blame.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

seanwon said:

muskydan said:

Well d'uh

So if there were no Liberals we could finally talk brass tacks why crime, violence and broken laws happen.
    A Liberal mind suspends itself and questions and wonders and questions and wonders and questions and wonders and questions and won.....
    When you spell something poorly... you don't project yourself as overly intelligent. And when you spell something poorly while attempting to come across as an expert... there's some irony there that is fair game to allude to.

I'm not one of those 'Libbys' spoken of here- check out my stance on the Death Penalty and my defence of many- if not most- police officers in the line of duty on the MT. But I'm also not a 'red neck racist righty' either.

What I can say- sitting in the middle as much as anyone might be able to say they sit in the middle- is that the Liberal mind is ultra valuable to society as is the right. Your poke at them suggests you prefer to continue to treat the recurring symptoms and not look at the cause of the recurring symptoms- this is not a good practice.

A balance of both is necessary. Throw out the extreme views on both sides and we could get down to work, but to mock anyone sitting slightly right or slightly left of themselves is counterproductive and part of the problem.
  • Options

If this conversation is going to happen we need to bring all the cards to the table. Police need to be held accountable if they make mistakes, it is hard to second guess so that is why we need to implement body cameras. The black community also need to take a positive approach to talking about how come there is no words on when a black person kills another black person. There needs to be a 360 degree reform, every side needs to realize each has a portion of the blame.

As per my previous post (written as I was writing)... this is 'middle ground' that is useful.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Brass tax?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Brass tax?

doh
    tacks
  • Options

Brass tax?

doh
    tacks
    Lol!

Gawd he was gentle with you there.
  • Options

seanwon said:

muskydan said:

Well d'uh

When you spell something poorly... you don't project yourself as overly intelligent. And when you spell something poorly while attempting to come across as an expert... there's some irony there that is fair game to allude to.

I'm not one of those 'Libbys' spoken of here- check out my stance on the Death Penalty and my defence of many- if not most- police officers in the line of duty on the MT. But I'm also not a 'red neck racist righty' either.

What I can say- sitting in the middle as much as anyone might be able to say they sit in the middle- is that the Liberal mind is ultra valuable to society as is the right. Your poke at them suggests you prefer to continue to treat the recurring symptoms and not look at the cause of the recurring symptoms- this is not a good practice.

A balance of both is necessary. Throw out the extreme views on both sides and we could get down to work, but to mock anyone sitting slightly right or slightly left of themselves is counterproductive and part of the problem.
    I agree. My mind is ultra valuable to society.
  • Options

seanwon said:

muskydan said:

Well d'uh

I Never thought I came across as overly intelligent or an expert on anything, but thanks 4 the heads up. I know it's important for many on here to fancy themselves in coming off that way, but that sure as shit ain't me. I just call it the way I see it, and that simply is unacceptable on here to be truthful or have those "honest conversations" without someones diaper getting soiled.
  • Options
    Musky...

In all honesty, you have some reasonable things to say for people to ponder. The problem the way I see it is that your message gets lost in the delivery.

If you'd present your viewpoint in a more respectful manner (tone down the hatred... don't refer to everyone else's submissions as only items worth reading while you crap)... then your voice would take on significance.

I'm not sure how you're going to take this. I'm not trying to be big brother or dad... I'm just speaking honestly.

Give people a little more credit.
  • Options

Musky...

In all honesty, you have some reasonable things to say for people to ponder. The problem the way I see it is that your message gets lost in the delivery.

If you'd present your viewpoint in a more respectful manner (tone down the hatred... don't refer to everyone else's submissions as only items worth reading while you crap)... then your voice would take on significance.

I'm not sure how you're going to take this. I'm not trying to be big brother or dad... I'm just speaking honestly.

Give people a little more credit.

Good point Thirty, I have always been "that guy" in class. One of my many flaws.

I have been especially irritable the past few days due to The tragedy in Dallas and having my days off cancelled this weekend due to the BLM protests. Having worked 16 days in a row this guy needs to get his ass up to the north woods Musky Fishin ASAP.
    Donald Trump is rolling through town the next couple days which is setting up to be a proper shitshow....hopefully the protesters expected don't burn Trump Tower down and I can get some time off.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    edited July 2016
    Close to a major protest right now. Protests can be terrific things but i hate how ignorant people get involved and how the media and social media are skewing things. Almost straight up lies. Very sad.

The outsiders who came in are ruining everything and the youth are soaking it up and running with it. The vibe, the local sympathy, the understanding. Gone. Disillusioning and disappointing. Not a fan of how these things go. Hard to see change coming from this when hate groups like the panthers are chanting F the pigs.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options

Close to a major protest right now. Protests can be terrific things but i hate how ignorant people get involved and how the media and social media are skewing things. Almost straight up lies. Very sad.

The outsiders who came in are ruining everything and the youth are soaking it up and running with it. The vibe, the local sympathy, the understanding. Gone. Disillusioning and disappointing. Not a fan of how these things go. Hard to see change coming from this when hate groups like the panthers are chanting F the pigs.

Can't argue with this.
    Unless of course you're one of those let's find the root cause people.