Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

goldrush said:

the only thing we can do is rid ourselves of these people in our country.

Godfather.

As this was missed last time, and as you keep bringing this 'solution' up, I'd genuinely be interested to see how you would answer these questions...
    goldrush said:

how else would we get a handle on the terrorism committed by "home grown muslims" ?

Godfather.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second... Suppose that the US gave in to all the hate-filled propaganda being thrown around about deporting Muslims:

1. Where do you suggest 3 million people should go? Before you say "back to where they came from", remember you are also including American-born Muslims in this

2. How do you propose they get there? Will the US foot the bill for mass migration?

3. If (again, devil's advocate), all 3 million people are a danger to the rest of us, what gives the US the right to force that problem onto another country? "We have decided that these people are dangerous, they're your problem now. See ya!"

4. Who's next? Once the Muslims are all gone, who do you deport next? How many others have to go for you to create your perfect country?
    1) back to the country of their parental origin.
    2) yes, and worth every penny but those who have money will be buying their own ticket.
    3) look at my answer for question # 1
    4) any person who enters the United States illegally.

ahhhhh that was fun ! what else ya got ?

Godfather.
    So just to clarify, you believe that any American Muslim (born in America) with non-American parents should be deported?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    good grief......

Godfather.
  • Options

goldrush said:

Godfather.

As this was missed last time, and as you keep bringing this 'solution' up, I'd genuinely be interested to see how you would answer these questions...
    goldrush said:

how else would we get a handle on the terrorism committed by "home grown muslims" ?

Godfather.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second... Suppose that the US gave in to all the hate-filled propaganda being thrown around about deporting Muslims:

1. Where do you suggest 3 million people should go? Before you say "back to where they came from", remember you are also including American-born Muslims in this

2. How do you propose they get there? Will the US foot the bill for mass migration?

3. If (again, devil's advocate), all 3 million people are a danger to the rest of us, what gives the US the right to force that problem onto another country? "We have decided that these people are dangerous, they're your problem now. See ya!"

4. Who's next? Once the Muslims are all gone, who do you deport next? How many others have to go for you to create your perfect country?
    2) yes, and worth every penny but those who have money will be buying their own ticket.

Godfather.
    So just to clarify, you believe that any American Muslim (born in America) with non-American parents should be deported?
    so are you a nubee who's offended by a post ?......get in line buddy.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

goldrush said:

Godfather.

goldrush said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    It was a legitimate question asking for clarification.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

goldrush said:

Godfather.

goldrush said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    Jesus you're sensitive, I simply asked for clarification. I have been following this thread from the beginning so am familiar with your general position, I just wanted to be 100% clear on what you're suggesting
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it's so ironic to me that people who stand so staunchly behind their second ammendment rights don't seem to give a fuck about the first.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

goldrush said:

Godfather.

goldrush said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    A "nubee"? The guy's got 2,000 posts on this site, no need for elitism. He simply asked for clarification, and I'm personally curious about the same: do you believe that any American (i.e. a Muslim born in America) with non-American parents should be deported?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,890

it's so ironic to me that people who stand so staunchly behind their second ammendment rights don't seem to give a fuck about the first.

and vice versa ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    benjs said:

goldrush said:

Godfather.

goldrush said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    A "nubee"? The guy's got 2,000 posts on this site, no need for elitism. He simply asked for clarification, and I'm personally curious about the same: do you believe that any American (i.e. a Muslim born in America) with non-American parents should be deported?
    Oh did the 'nubee' comment really refer to my post count? How tragic :tongue:
  • Options
    GF...

You are way off base, man.

You've taken a disturbing turn for the worse. As much as you tried to justify your opinion as legitimate as anyone else's... it's not. It's extremism at best and saddening to hear from you.

I've defended you many times and vouched for what I think is your true character, but this latest revelation is indefensible. I still like you, but I hate your viewpoint.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

and vice versa ;)
    not true. no one is taking away all your guns. if the US wants to be stricter about immigration laws/checks, so be it, as long as it's not racially profiling. that would be the equivalent.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

GF...

You've taken a disturbing turn for the worse. As much as you tried to justify your opinion as legitimate as anyone else's... it's not. It's extremism at best and saddening to hear from you.

I've defended you many times and vouched for what I think is your true character, but this latest revelation is indefensible. I still like you, but I hate your viewpoint.

What we’ve got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can’t reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it; well, he gets it. I don’t like it any more than you men.

GF, what you've proposed on here to rid this country of Muslims is disturbing, it's it's not feasible, it's not legal, it's immoral, and callousness in which this solution was thought up is truly worrisome.

What if these Muslim families refuse to leave or don't have the means to leave this country what would be done then?

Would love to hear bad brains view on all of this or maybe not.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

GF...

ummm I'll give that some thought, thank you.

Godfather.

• Options

GF...

Godfather.

Peace brother!
  • Options

I don't recall the 1st am saying anything about the rights of non Americans.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

and in your eyes someone who is born in America and has never lived in any other country....can be designated a non-American, simply because their parents were born in a different country?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

Godfather.

and in your eyes someone who is born in America and has never lived in any other country....can be designated a non-American, simply because their parents were born in a different country?
    Nope
    Just because they are a Muslim
    Or have darker skin then gf
    Or have a funny name
    Or believe in a different form of a "god"
    And so on and so forth
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,890

Godfather.

I m pretty sure when you pledge your allegiance to a terrorist organization that is at war with the United states you instantly lose your citizenship.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

I m pretty sure when you pledge your allegiance to a terrorist organization that is at war with the United states you instantly lose your citizenship.
    I'm pretty sure he's not suggesting only deporting those who have pledged allegiance to a terrorist organisation
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited June 2016

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

I'm pretty sure he's not suggesting only deporting those who have pledged allegiance to a terrorist organisation
    I'm more than pretty sure of the same. GF has very clearly indicated multiple times that he doesn't want Muslims in America. He didn't just mean non-Americans, he didn't just mean Muslims with terrorist leanings. He wants all Muslims out of America and he wants all Muslims locked out of America (i think he seems less sure about how in the hell this could be done, but he wants it). He has specifically said this more than once. I don't understand the desire to try and minimize his statements. Is it because they are just so totally uncomfortable that people can't even believe someone could really think it?

Is that true about instantly losing citizenship if you swear allegiance to a terrorist organization???? Or did you mean figuratively? That doesn't sound right.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

I'm more than pretty of the same. GF has very clearly indicated multiple times that he doesn't want Muslims in America. He didn't just mean non-Americans, he didn't just mean Muslims with terrorist leanings. He wants all Muslims out of America and he wants all Muslims locked out of America (i think he seems less sure about how in the hell this could be done, but he wants it). He has specifically said this more than once. I don't understand the desire to try and minimize his statements. Is it because they are just so totally uncomfortable that people can't even believe someone could really think it?

Is that true about instantly losing citizenship if you swear allegiance to a terrorist organization???? Or did you mean figuratively? That doesn't sound right.
    In my case, I wanted to be 100% sure of what he's suggesting before I judged him accordingly in my mind and allowed such judgement to colour any future interactions. Also, yes, I am perpetually determined to think the best of everyone and I do struggle sometimes to accept that other people can hold opinions which I find to be abhorrent. I have difficulty wrapping my head around it and sometimes need a little convincing that some people should just be written off in that regard
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited June 2016

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

I'm more than pretty of the same. GF has very clearly indicated multiple times that he doesn't want Muslims in America. He didn't just mean non-Americans, he didn't just mean Muslims with terrorist leanings. He wants all Muslims out of America and he wants all Muslims locked out of America (i think he seems less sure about how in the hell this could be done, but he wants it). He has specifically said this more than once. I don't understand the desire to try and minimize his statements. Is it because they are just so totally uncomfortable that people can't even believe someone could really think it?

In my case, I wanted to be 100% sure of what he's suggesting before I judged him accordingly in my mind and allowed such judgement to colour any future interactions. Also, yes, I am perpetually determined to think the best of everyone and I do struggle sometimes to accept that other people can hold opinions which I find to be abhorrent. I have difficulty wrapping my head around it and sometimes need a little convincing that some people should just be written off in that regard
    Yeah, it took me a while too - I kept assuming there must be some kind of qualifier in there that made it not so awful... but I finally get it.
    (Just so you know, I more meant that for McGruff. Sorry, I know your post was the last one, I just meant to agree with your response to him :) )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

he has said unequivocally 'I want them all out'. black and white.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

GF...

Godfather.

Peace brother!
    if you and I sat and talked about the muslim and gun rights in our country you would probably find that I'm a little flexible, here on the train is a little hard to be flexible because folks take what you type and add to it .....so forgive me for having a little fun with it, yeah I know that's bad but in real life that's me, my experience with muslims is very limited I never met a muslim who wasn't rude towards me not that I've met a lot but that along with news and social media..I'll tell ya they don't seem all that inviting.
    anyway man have a great weekend and be safe.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

GF...

Godfather.

Peace brother!
    if you and I sat and talked about the muslim and gun rights in our country you would probably find that I'm a little flexible, here on the train is a little hard to be flexible because folks take what you type and add to it .....so forgive me for having a little fun with it, yeah I know that's bad but in real life that's me, my experience with muslims is very limited I never met a muslim who wasn't rude towards me not that I've met a lot but that along with news and social media..I'll tell ya they don't seem all that inviting.

Godfather.
    You've never met a muslim that wasn't rude to you?

Do you require every person that you meet to announce their religious beliefs?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The only Muslim I know personally happens to be my best friend, so I guess you could say I'm coming from a different viewpoint!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Yeah, it took me a while too - I kept assuming there must be some kind of qualifier in there that made it not so awful... but I finally get it.
    (Just so you know, I more meant that for McGruff. Sorry, I know your post was the last one, I just meant to agree with your response to him :) )
    No worries, was still a reasonable question for me too :smile:
  • Options

GF...

Godfather.

Peace brother!

Godfather.
    Keep reflecting so you can get yourself to a better place!

Just food for thought: is it possible that your preconceived notions for 'Muslim' people might have something to do with your experiences with them? In other words... do you think that your beliefs might betray you (body language, tone of voice, the things you might say, etc.) and these betrayals might limit the quality of interaction you have with the Muslim people you have met?

I have to be honest... every Muslim person I have come to know has been excellent. As you know with my somewhat persistent jabs at Christianity... I'm not big on religion so I won't profess to say I respect their faith, but as human beings... they've been top shelf.

I bristle at the notion that the friends of the Muslim variety I have come to meet are remotely attached to the terror organizations we currently deal with. Just as I don't lump all Christians into the 'Westboro' mold... I'd never mistake good Muslim people for ISIS radicals. You shouldn't either.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

pretty sure ? that's an ASSumption ? so you really have no idea is what your saying then right ?
    HAHHHAHHAHHHAHHA just messing with you.

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

goldrush said:

Godfather.

goldrush said:

Godfather.

The Hispanics all of'em ..
    so Jose you're good with illegal entry into the United States or just for Hispanic's ?

Godfather.

No I agree with immigration reform and secure borders , but to round up 11 million or what ever the number and get rid of all Muslims is absurd !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....