Comments

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I guess depending on how you look at it any of these three would have fit the orlando shooter: (2) making an oath of allegiance to a foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old; (3) serving in the military of a foreign country as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer or when the foreign state is engaged in hostilities against the United States; (4) serving in a foreign government position that requires an oath of allegiance to or the nationality of that foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old;

i'm not sure if you on the spot lose your citizenship or have to go to some sort of formal court of law.

I don't think the Orlando shooter applies to this in any way. Just saying you swear allegience to something doesn't mean anything. I could do it right now in my living room if I wanted and it would mean jack squat.
    Unless you went out and proved your allegiance.
    No, I could also go out and fire a gun into a crowded room and scream my allegiance to ISIS while doing it and it still wouldn't have any meaning besides displaying how insane I obviously am and to suggest that I have some fucked up ideas. You need actual ties to the group for it to mean anything.
    You mean like sharing the same religious ideologies? Like those kind of commonalities?

And, from what I gathered... he had plead allegiance to the group then committed the crime shortly afterwards. You, in your attempt to completely sever the relative factors, make it sound as if- right in the throes of his violence- he scratched his head for a second to think about why he was doing it and spit something random out.

Come on, man.
    i could be wrong, but didn't he make that declaration in a phone call DURING the crime? i know he made several calls during the crime.
    I had thought I read he had made his proclamation on line beforehand. I could be wrong too.

It doesn't really change much either way in my mind. ISIS is a mindset that he chose to be associated with given the fundamental framework that existed as common ground.
    He pledged allegiance to ISIS, Hamas, & Al Qeuda.... (they hate each other)

Which is nuts in it's self.. like saying your a fan of the Yankees and Red Sox
    Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...
    It's an analogy, representing how confused he was. And it's a good one. The only thing we can assume is you don't understand how ISIS and Al Qaeda are diametrically opposed in the Muslim world.

It's like saying you are a Shia AND a Sunni. Does that help?
    Pardon?

Your analogy still sucks.

All baseball teams. All Islamic extremist groups.

Edit: They share a common opponent. Further... one can be a fan of baseball and like all those teams or players from them.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I guess depending on how you look at it any of these three would have fit the orlando shooter: (2) making an oath of allegiance to a foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old; (3) serving in the military of a foreign country as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer or when the foreign state is engaged in hostilities against the United States; (4) serving in a foreign government position that requires an oath of allegiance to or the nationality of that foreign country, provided the person is at least 18 years old;

i'm not sure if you on the spot lose your citizenship or have to go to some sort of formal court of law.

I don't think the Orlando shooter applies to this in any way. Just saying you swear allegience to something doesn't mean anything. I could do it right now in my living room if I wanted and it would mean jack squat.
    No, I could also go out and fire a gun into a crowded room and scream my allegiance to ISIS while doing it and it still wouldn't have any meaning besides displaying how insane I obviously am and to suggest that I have some fucked up ideas. You need actual ties to the group for it to mean anything.
    You mean like sharing the same religious ideologies? Like those kind of commonalities?

And, from what I gathered... he had plead allegiance to the group then committed the crime shortly afterwards. You, in your attempt to completely sever the relative factors, make it sound as if- right in the throes of his violence- he scratched his head for a second to think about why he was doing it and spit something random out.

Come on, man.
    i could be wrong, but didn't he make that declaration in a phone call DURING the crime? i know he made several calls during the crime.
    I had thought I read he had made his proclamation on line beforehand. I could be wrong too.

It doesn't really change much either way in my mind. ISIS is a mindset that he chose to be associated with given the fundamental framework that existed as common ground.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...
    It's an analogy, representing how confused he was. And it's a good one. The only thing we can assume is you don't understand how ISIS and Al Qaeda are diametrically opposed in the Muslim world.

Pardon?

Your sentence structure sucks. I don't know what this means.

You don't understand how someone that claims to support Shia and Sunni is confused?
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

You don't understand how someone that claims to support Shia and Sunni is confused?
    No, I can see that.

And I wish to take a few steps backwards... I see you were referring to the idiot shooter. I erroneously thought you were referring to me (an honest mistake if you read the posts in sequence).

* As sharp as you've been on these boards lately, I still don't think your analogy is as clever as you think- even though we get the drift.

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

And I wish to take a few steps backwards... I see you were referring to the idiot shooter. I erroneously thought you were referring to me (an honest mistake if you read the posts in sequence).

* As sharp as you've been on these boards lately, I still don't think your analogy is as clever as you think- even though we get the drift.
    It wasn't even my analogy (the baseball one). I was supporting MyYoung321 in this. I don't agree with "ah yes, sports. When you got nothin'". is the post I took issue with..
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

It wasn't even my analogy (the baseball one). I was supporting MyYoung321 in this. I don't agree with "ah yes, sports. When you got nothin'". is the post I took issue with..
    See what I mean?
    All are confused talking about stupid sports.
    When you got nothin..throw in some sports.

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

See what I mean?
    Dude, 98% of your arguments are easily refuted. You should focus on sports.
  • Hahahaha

As Baba used to say, "Aye Yae Yae."

Okay. I think we're good to go now. Sorry for my part in this internet mishap.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

See what I mean?

i need to brush up on my sports for when i have nothing else. which is often these days.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited July 2016

“The fact that we’re living in a country where 90 percent of the people want further gun laws — to maybe somehow put a dent in some of this insanity that’s happening — and yet there’s no further legislation taking place, it’s very frustrating and upsetting,” Vedder told Richards in a clip from the discussion, which HuffPost Entertainment is debuting above. “If I didn’t have music to kind of at least get some of the aggression out or take the edge off, you wouldn’t want me having a gun either.”

“I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people,” Vedder said. “But I don’t have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week I’m reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because there’s fucking guns laying around. But I guess it’s ‘fun.’”

Eddie Vedder

Article
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

See what I mean?
    Why do you bother?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited July 2016
    people have been known to eat each other in cases of extreme hunger....it's happening here on the train ! LOL ! disagreements turn into name calling and attacks on another's intelligence ..we all have the killer instinct, even those who wait quietly for an opportunity to kick someone they disagree with once they have been attacked by the pack have that taste for blood, and yet we all try to convince ourselves how righteous we are.

Godfather.
    Post edited by Godfather. on

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Come on, man.

Ah yes, sports.
    When you got nothin...

Pardon?

No, I can see that.

See what I mean?
    Why do you bother?
    Someone once said to me.."never argue with crazy. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience". I should listen to that.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Don't you really think the leader of a terrorist organization speaks for the entire muslim comminuty?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I'd bet more than you think.

Godfather.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Interesting since the media reported on every other reason why this was carried out.

Shooter says abu waheed

“You have to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq,” Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen instructs a police negotiator, in newly released 911 transcripts. “They are killing a lot of innocent people. What am I to do here when my people are getting killed over there. You get what I’m saying?”

Orlando shooting transcripts released last Friday night.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    Interesting since the media reported on every other reason why this was carried out. Shooter says abu waheed “You have to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq,” Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen instructs a police negotiator, in newly released 911 transcripts. “They are killing a lot of innocent people. What am I to do here when my people are getting killed over there. You get what I’m saying?” Orlando shooting transcripts released last Friday night.
    another post suggesting the death squad for non white terrorists before understanding their motivations
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This is an interesting twist in the case against the wife. Shooter's father was an informant. Brings forward an interesting theory which has been discussed for decades; that violence and criminal deviance could be an inherent predisposition based on familial genetics. That was one of my favorite topics in College....or that parents really are a strong influence of future behavior by their offspring. Also reminds me of a podcast for Revisionist's History. I wonder what he was an informant about?

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/12-the-road-to-damascus

Pulse gunman's father was an FBI informant under criminal investigation, attorneys say

It's a hopeless situation...
  • 3 years ago. Nothing has been learned, nothing can be done.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©