Bernie Sanders

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:
    Hillary didn't insult Bernie's wife and father. Cruz cited that as one of the primary reason he refused to endorse.
    That and the constitution.
    I didn't hear the details, but that must mean that he believes Trump's proposals are unconstitutional. Is that accurate?
    Not exactly but not far off. Cruz would call himself a strict constitutionalist above all else. While at heart he is a social conservative he strongly believes in federalism and the idea that powers not explicity in the hands of the federal government belongs to the states. If you listened last night he specifically discussed how states are different and (I paraphrase) that people in Colorado may want laws that are different from people in Texas. Personally I thought that referenced Marijuana laws but really it could have meant anything. He celebrated this as diversity. This is where I think Ted Cruz's personal social conservative beliefs get misunderstood because he doesn't think a federal government should impose his social conservative views unless it exists within the constitution (fair to debate whether he would abuse it to justify his views). On the flipside constitutionalists like Cruz think Trump has no understanding of the constitution at all. They believe that he is winging it and wouldn't hesitate to govern by executive order just like Obama before him. Take the issue of eminence domain for example. Conservatives have traditionally hated that and yet Trump celebrates it. Cruz at heart thinks Trump doesn't have a core and as a constitutionalist it would be hard for him to support such a man.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    ^^ This is a good assessment, but I don't think it's necessarily true for Cruz for all issues. Do you really think he would vote against a congressional law that bans abortion in all cases, citing Federalism? I would doubt it. But I also think that Trump's opinions have zero basis in principle and are either winging it, or based on what is best for him at the moment... eminent domain being a fantastic example.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^ This is a good assessment, but I don't think it's necessarily true for Cruz for all issues. Do you really think he would vote against a congressional law that bans abortion in all cases, citing Federalism? I would doubt it. But I also think that Trump's opinions have zero basis in principle and are either winging it, or based on what is best for him at the moment... eminent domain being a fantastic example.

Agree with you 100% on both. That's why I wrote in parentheses as to how Cruz might actually behave. For me this analysis explains why I am not a "Trump guy" although I am not #nevertrump.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,805

BS44325 said:

I believe he said today that he isn't in the business of supporting people who insult his wife and family.

Can we talk about Rubio? He has to be in surgery today getting a spine, right?

His surgery is scheduled right after Bernie's
    Pretty sure Hillary never called Bernie "Little Bernie", or anything mildly along the lines of what he said about him.
    But she might have called him Lil Bernie.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Free said:
    We need to completely detach ourselves from the Democratic party. We also need to reach out to our local communities and expose the Dems. I've started with Hispanics in my community, many of them were unaware of the shady tactics and practices of Clinton, the good thing is that many of the Hispanics i've talked with are done with Dems and HRc.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:
    We need to completely detach ourselves from the Democratic party. We also need to reach out to our local communities and expose the Dems. I've started with Hispanics in my community, many of them were unaware of the shady tactics and practices of Clinton, the good thing is that many of the Hispanics i've talked with are done with Dems and HRc.
    Yippee! The leftists are detaching from the Democratic party! Bye.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

Free said:
    Yippee! The leftists are detaching from the Democratic party! Bye.
    This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on the train. Not simply because you're supporting a candidate who has violated so many democratic principles, but because you actually want people on the left to not support your party, which is on the left.
    You do realize That's how you win elections, right?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:
    Yeah, and how interesting no one here is talking about the Wikileaks emails...

I switched back to being Independent a week after my state's primary.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Dsw should resign now. Buck stops with the CEO. I saw the main staffer apologize but he should go too.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Dsw should resign now. Buck stops with the CEO. I saw the main staffer apologize but he should go too.
    Now the campaign is making it about Russia. Clinton's campaign manager was asked about 5 or so times what he thinks about the emails and the DNC- he never answered and said the DNC needs to sort it out, but was quick to make this about Russia and Trump working together.

What a sham.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Now the campaign is making it about Russia. Clinton's campaign manager was asked about 5 or so times what he thinks about the emails and the DNC- he never answered and said the DNC needs to sort it out, but was quick to make this about Russia and Trump working together.

What a sham.
    Well security experts believe that the Russians are behind the hacks, so it stands to reason that it is intended to damage HRC to the benefit of Trump. It's not like the Russian's primary interest is global transparency. Everything they do, it's for a reason.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

What a sham.
    Well security experts believe that the Russians are behind the hacks, so it stands to reason that it is intended to damage HRC to the benefit of Trump. It's not like the Russian's primary interest is global transparency. Everything they do, it's for a reason.
    Yet they want us to believe that the Russians didn't hack Clinton's server in her basement. I'm pretty sure the Russian's would have "interest" in that.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

What a sham.
    Yet they want us to believe that the Russians didn't hack Clinton's server in her basement. I'm pretty sure the Russian's would have "interest" in that.
    Who is 'they'? I think Comey said they do not know for sure.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Not that it makes anything right, but you want to know what email they did hack? The state department...
  • Options

Not that it makes anything right, but you want to know what email they did hack? The state department...

Of course that's the irony of it all..
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

What a sham.
    Classic distraction maneuver.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

What a sham.
    Who is 'they'? I think Comey said they do not know for sure.
    "They" are the Clintons and all of her supporters. Comey said he does not know because good hackers don't often leave a trace. Almost every security expert believes it is extremely likely you would almost have to be foolish to believe otherwise.
  • Options

My understanding though is that it was the "general" state department database that was hacked though and not the special secure system for top secret info that is not connected to the outside world. That is a massive difference.
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

That's because I'm busy READING the WikiLeaks. And surprise! I can't find anything the media is talking about. Anti-Semitic comments, rigging the election, there is nothing there. There are lots of emails of media articles with Sanders people making allegations. But I have not read a single email where a DNC staffer calls Sanders a name or says to another, "let's fuck this guy's chances." I cant even find an email saying "I like Hillary better." Now, if you can find that WikiLeak containing the smoking gun -- not a news report of it, but the actual email itself -- then I'll believe it exists. But to hell if I can find it, and I've spent a few hours on a Saturday afternoon trying.

You should really take your own advice. Do your own research. I could take you people seriously if you didn't rely on social media to source your news for you. Or criminals who hack into people's computers just to stir shit up. 20,000 emails dumped when really all it takes is ONE to make the case. Where is the one?
  • Options

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

That's because I'm busy READING the WikiLeaks. And surprise! I can't find anything the media is talking about. Anti-Semitic comments, rigging the election, there is nothing there. There are lots of emails of media articles with Sanders people making allegations. But I have not read a single email where a DNC staffer calls Sanders a name or says to another, "let's fuck this guy's chances." I cant even find an email saying "I like Hillary better." Now, if you can find that WikiLeak containing the smoking gun -- not a news report of it, but the actual email itself -- then I'll believe it exists. But to hell if I can find it, and I've spent a few hours on a Saturday afternoon trying.

You should really take your own advice. Do your own research. I could take you people seriously if you didn't rely on social media to source your news for you. Or criminals who hack into people's computers just to stir shit up. 20,000 emails dumped when really all it takes is ONE to make the case. Where is the one?
    DNC Staffers arguing to use Bernie Sander's religion against him? It isn't anti-semitism but it sure is disgusting.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

DNC Staffers arguing to use Bernie Sander's religion against him? It isn't anti-semitism but it sure is disgusting.
    That's a misreading of the accusation, I believe. They were debating using his LACK of faith against him, not his Jewish faith. If I'm wrong, someone please right me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

That's a misreading of the accusation, I believe. They were debating using his LACK of faith against him, not his Jewish faith. If I'm wrong, someone please right me.
    It was double edged argument to force him to discuss religion that would theoretically hurt him either way. Call him an atheist first which would hurt him with the "southern baptists". If he responded that he was jewish it would hurt him with the same segment. What I actually think is disgusting is the assumption that the voting base would be to bigotted to vote for him whether he is a jew or atheist. Talk about having a low opinion of your average voter!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Okay I'll search for Bernie Sanders Use Religion Against Him. Nothing came up when I searched Bernie Sanders Jew. But I'll keep digging.

I did finally find one email where DWS called Jeff Weaver, who I think is Sanders campaign manager, "a damn liar" and said it was "scummy" of him to twist the Nevada story to make his delegates look like the innocent victims.

I read the Nevada reports and charges that got filed. Sanders people called in *hundreds* of death threats against the NV chairwoman when they lost -- and they lost because their own damned people were inept. They lost NV votes because many of their delegates couldn't verify their ID, and many of them didn't even bother to register for the convention, many were not registered Democrats. They were completely disorganized at the caucus, they lost, and then they started throwing chairs, defacing party headquarters, and threatened to kill the party chairwoman. Then they get on the air and LIE about how things went down. "WHAAAAAA, it's not fairrrr!!!"

Yup, that's scummy behavior, and Weaver is a damn liar. Good for Wasserman-Schultz for calling him what he is.

These people want to organize a winning third (fifth?) party and their biggest slogan so far is "Whaaaaa, it's not fair." Give me a break.
  • Options
    The difference between Jane Sanders and DWS

https://mobile.twitter.com/janeosanders/status/757390224670461952
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,957
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

It was double edged argument to force him to discuss religion that would theoretically hurt him either way. Call him an atheist first which would hurt him with the "southern baptists". If he responded that he was jewish it would hurt him with the same segment. What I actually think is disgusting is the assumption that the voting base would be to bigotted to vote for him whether he is a jew or atheist. Talk about having a low opinion of your average voter!
    Well, it fits in with the whole notion of superdelegates - party-assigned personnel to help the average voter make what the party deems the best decision (aka to prevent the average dumb voter from making what the party deems the wrong decision). This just seems like more of the same!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Everything is a conspiracy. Nothing you are told is true. It's all a black flag operation. None of it is real. We all live in the matrix.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Unreal. Bernie just told his supporters "This is the real world" when starting to talk about how they cannot let Trump win and Hillary needs to win and they all started booing.

• Options

Unreal. Bernie just told his supporters "This is the real world" when starting to talk about how they cannot let Trump win and Hillary needs to win and they all started booing.

Received a campaign email asking if I / we were tuning in for his speech tonight- guess they were running a poll. I honestly don't know if I care to hear what he has to say at this point.

Free, how me understand!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,688
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Well, considering that there are studies that have shown that Americans distrust Atheists and think that Atheists are more likely to act immorally, it might be a pretty accurate assessment. In 2012 only 45% of Americans (as reflected in polls) said they would consider voting for an Atheist. Certainly nothing anti-Semitic about such comments though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata