The convention is now taking Bernie signs! Thanks for the apology DNC

https://mobile.twitter.com/regated/status/757690019138117632
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    tonifig8 said:

What apology? I don't understand your comment.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    how did you bernie fans like being called "ridulous" at last night dnc
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PhoolPhool Milwaukee, WI Posts: 74
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

What apology? I don't understand your comment.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-apologizes-to-sanders-for-inexcusable-remarks-in-email-leak-226149
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    tonifig8 said:

They must have given them back. I saw a lot of them last night, throughout the night.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    lukin2006 said:

As I said in another thread, if you go back and watch, Sarah was pissed with being booed after telling the audience that she's a Hillary convert. The booing was intense and she didn't like that shit, so she felt the need to fight back with a judgmental comment about Bernie supporters. Don't tell me she didn't look pissed nor uncomfortable as hell up there with Franken, she couldn't wait to get off the stage!

Only bullies get their kicks at putting others down. And bullies are inherantly unhappy with themselves which is why they feel the need to tear people down in the first place. Bernie is about building people up. THAT is the difference.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    PhoolPhool Milwaukee, WI Posts: 74
    lukin2006 said:

A democrat calling another democrat ridicules for protesting was the most ironic statement of the night
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Free said:

lukin2006 said:

As I said in another thread, if you go back and watch, Sarah was pissed with being booed after telling the audience that she's a Hillary convert. The booing was intense and she didn't like that shit, so she felt the need to fight back with a judgmental comment about Bernie supporters. Don't tell me she didn't look pissed nor uncomfortable as hell up there with Franken, she couldn't wait to get off the stage!

Only bullies get their kicks at putting others down.
    The bullies booing everyone that tried to give a speech last night?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    A note to Sarah Silverman:

Bernie Backer Rosario Dawson: We’re Not Going to ‘Fall in Line’ Behind Hillary, Hillary Clinton is not a Leader

A video for all the Hillary supporters thinking we need to "blindly follow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKrQuiYnYU

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    tonifig8 said:

The convention is now taking Bernie signs!

Free said:

Bernie Backer Rosario Dawson: We’re Not Going to ‘Fall in Line’ Behind Hillary, Hillary Clinton is not a Leader

Dude, where is Nina Turner? I was hoping she would become the new leader of our movement.
    I haven't seen or heard anything from her. I wonder if she fell in line or if she will continue the fight without Sanders.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

lukin2006 said:

Only bullies get their kicks at putting others down. And bullies are inherantly unhappy with themselves which is why they feel the need to tear people down in the first place. Bernie is about building people up. THAT is the difference.
    I'm not sure what you were watching, but in no way did Sarah look uncomfortable at all during her speech. She certainly wasn't upset at the chants during her speech. I got the impression that she was telling the Bernie or bust people that they were ridiculous because he lost. Bernie is not going to be the nominee and she was basically saying instead of whining about it, they should be trying to unite the party. Not necessarily follow blindly.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    I'm unfamiliar with the roll-call vote details, but does this mean that if a roll-call vote actually does occur today (which Clinton's campaign have said that they welcome in the name of democracy), Sanders' name could be on the ticket as well as Clinton's?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Free said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm not sure what you were watching, but in no way did Sarah look uncomfortable at all during her speech. She certainly wasn't upset at the chants during her speech. I got the impression that she was telling the Bernie or bust people that they were ridiculous because he lost. Bernie is not going to be the nominee and she was basically saying instead of whining about it, they should be trying to unite the party. Not necessarily follow blindly.
    Follow blindly? The irony.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Dude, where is Nina Turner? I was hoping she would become the new leader of our movement.
    I haven't seen or heard anything from her. I wonder if she fell in line or if she will continue the fight without Sanders.
    I don't know! But I found this from 2 days ago.
    DNC needs to 'clean house'

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/sanders-supporter-dnc-needs-to-clean-house-731255875911
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    The Bernie bros would be like Cruz supporters that wouldn't back Pence. Doesn't make sense.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/sanders-supporter-dnc-needs-to-clean-house-731255875911
    Damn! She's fucking brilliant!! I hope she doesn't fall in line man.... In my opinion she is the future of our movement. Such an intelligent, passionate, and brilliant individual.

• Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

lukin2006 said:

Go back and watch the whole thing, not just the dig she made that you enjoy so much. Even Al Franken looks uncomfortable and that's unusual.

Oh, and you don't get it. Tell me how one person like a comedian is going to get people to unite when she bullies them down? Nice. Same with Hillary. She's going to deny the Wikileaks and INSTEAD of addressing them, she's just going to blame Russia? And Trump? CLASSY. That's not the way to get votes.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Nina Turner was an HRC supporter before Bernie. Here is an article from the other day where she was outside the convention gently prodding supporter to vote for the candidate on the ballot

“But we all do have to search our hearts and decide what kind of country we want to live in and who is best at this moment to get us there,” she said.

She sounds like she used to be a sell out corporatist, stopped being one for a while, but now is kinda one again. Maybe I'm wrong...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/25/nina-turner-sanders-backers-have-search-our-hearts/
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Damn! She's fucking brilliant!! I hope she doesn't fall in line man.... In my opinion she is the future of our movement. Such an intelligent, passionate, and brilliant individual.

Agreed. Hope she speaks more.
  • Options
    benjs said:

I'm unfamiliar with the roll-call vote details, but does this mean that if a roll-call vote actually does occur today (which Clinton's campaign have said that they welcome in the name of democracy), Sanders' name could be on the ticket as well as Clinton's?

I believe it's possible, but not sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Nina Turner was an HRC supporter before Bernie. Here is an article from the other day where she was outside the convention gently prodding supporter to vote for the candidate on the ballot

“But we all do have to search our hearts and decide what kind of country we want to live in and who is best at this moment to get us there,” she said.

She sounds like she used to be a sell out corporatist, stopped being one for a while, but now is kinda one again. Maybe I'm wrong...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/25/nina-turner-sanders-backers-have-search-our-hearts/

You realize you're a Clinton supporter, right?

She didn't endorse Clinton. Maybe she will fall in line and vote for the crook, but she didn't come out and tell us who to back. It was more about respecting Sanders
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.
    Check my edit. You're a sheep, I don't think she is a sheep nor sanders, after all they were able to get the DNC platform changed. Big difference between a sheep and someone who will settle for the lesser evil.
    When you're sitting their watching your dictator give her speech, and you're telling your kids what a huge moment this is because she's the first woman nominee for a major party (as you stated in some other post a while back), make sure you also let them know how much of a crook she is! Make sure you let them know how she brought on DWS after she used her power to influence an election. Make sure you share all the horrible shit surrounding your candidate. It's a very proud moment man. Be honest, don't be a Clinton.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    Free said:

benjs said:

I believe it's possible, but not sure.
    Well, if it is possible, if the Democrats wanted to play the long game, they could probably change things up quite a bit simply by adding Sanders to the ticket, thereby assuring left-leaners that the Democratic party welcomes their voice (and reclaiming some votes from those who ridiculously state that Change = Sanders = Trump, thereby providing statistics to reinforce the liberalization of America). In turn, with not enough votes going to Clinton or Sanders, this could probably permit Trump to win, and I honestly can't see Trump or the Republican party retaining credibility four years from now given their pro-isolationist and repugnant stances on non-WMAs in a global and accepting era.

In other words, I think that Trump in office has the potential to destroy the Republican party's credibility, which ultimately would be a far greater success for the Democratic party than simply winning an election.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.
    Check my edit. You're a sheep, I don't think she is a sheep nor sanders, after all they were able to get the DNC platform changed. Big difference between a sheep and someone who will settle for the lesser evil.
    When you're sitting their watching your dictator give her speech, and you're telling your kids what a huge moment this is because she's the first woman nominee for a major party (as you stated in some other post a while back), make sure you also let them know how much of a crook she is! Make sure you let them know how she brought on DWS after she used her power to influence an election. Make sure you share all the horrible shit surrounding your candidate. It's a very proud moment man. Be honest, don't be a Clinton.
    That's the thing the media still wont talk about because it's too controvercial, more controvercial and scandalous than the Leaks! That HRC took the "disgraced" Debbie Wasserman Shultz and immediately gave her an honorary campaign manager position. While STILL not addressing the leaks and still pointing the finger elsewhere, fully knowing of the corruption. THAT's the good that HRC is good for. THIS is the person so many want to lead this country. Pat yourselves on the back, folks!
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.
    You throw that accusation around as a 'sheep' without the slightest view of what my political views are. So I'll enlighten you.

I support TPP. Period. The trade provisions are just one piece of the overall package and I'm fine with the trade provisions. People who think labor in this country will ever be competitive again are woefully misinformed... such as you. The future is education. The failure of NAFTA was to not prepare the people for this future. NAFTA as a trade agreement is absolutely not a failure by any means.
    Did you know that since 2008 we have created 8MM net new jobs for people with college educations. Know how many for those without? 80k. This is the future.

I am also against Bernie's and now the platform's college tuition program. This is yet another unfunded entitlement that does NOTHING in its form to curb the cost curve on tuition. Why does a state university cost over 30k a year? This needs to be attacked first before we start cranking out a bunch of Dance Majors on my dime. I fully support substantially more federal assistance for STEM programs and ones where there is a specific need and makes the US more competitive on the world stage.

So you call me a sheep because I don't follow your deity. That's a friggin' joke. Bernie is FAR to the left of me, and evidently to 3MM more voters as well. Learn something before you start throwing around your accusations. Bernie bros start with the assumption that everyone believes as they do. Sorry I don't subscribe to your monolith.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.
    You throw that accusation around as a 'sheep' without the slightest view of what my political views are. So I'll enlighten you.

I support TPP. Period. The trade provisions are just one piece of the overall package and I'm fine with the trade provisions. People who think labor in this country will ever be competitive again are woefully misinformed... such as you. The future is education. The failure of NAFTA was to not prepare the people for this future. NAFTA as a trade agreement is absolutely not a failure by any means.
    Did you know that since 2008 we have created 8MM net new jobs for people with college educations. Know how many for those without? 80k. This is the future.

I am also against Bernie's and now the platform's college tuition program. This is yet another unfunded entitlement that does NOTHING in its form to curb the cost curve on tuition. Why does a state university cost over 30k a year? This needs to be attacked first before we start cranking out a bunch of Dance Majors on my dime. I fully support substantially more federal assistance for STEM programs and ones where there is a specific need and makes the US more competitive on the world stage.

So you call me a sheep because I don't follow your deity. That's a friggin' joke. Bernie is FAR to the left of me, and evidently to 3MM more voters as well. Learn something before you start throwing around your accusations. Bernie bros start with the assumption that everyone believes as they do. Sorry I don't subscribe to your monolith.
    Sorry, I didn't take the time to read through all of that. I've seen many of your post, so I have a good understanding of where you roam. I skimmed at best.

I was trying to get Ron Paul elected last election cycle, even though I supported Obama in 08. So don't try to label me some Bernie bro.

You're failing to see our reasons for going after Clinton so hard. We would have probably already United your party against trump if it were any other candidate. Do you not realize that? It's Clinton and her unethical, her/his history, and the many red flags surrounding her.

All I'm saying is that when you have your proud moment of the first woman nominee that you also say the truth to your kids, don't be a Clinton and delete the evidence.

Edit:
    I went back and read your post. Still not a good enough reason to support a crook. Sorry, but if trump wins it's because of people like you who blindly supported a crook. Makes no difference to me- just like Kat stated - the sky is not falling.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes... like Nina.

Sorry, I didn't take the time to read through all of that. I've seen many of your post, so I have a good understanding of where you roam. I skimmed at best.

I was trying to get Ron Paul elected last election cycle, even though I supported Obama in 08. So don't try to label me some Bernie bro.

You're failing to see our reasons for going after Clinton so hard. We would have probably already United your party against trump if it were any other candidate. Do you not realize that? It's Clinton and her unethical, her/his history, and the many red flags surrounding her.

All I'm saying is that when you have your proud moment of the first woman nominee that you also say the truth to your kids, don't be a Clinton and delete the evidence.

Edit:
    I went back and read your post. Still not a good enough reason to support a crook. Sorry, but if trump wins it's because of people like you who blindly supported a crook. Makes no difference to me- just like Kat stated - the sky is not falling.
    I fail to see the synergies between Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders. They may align on some social issues, but these are in line with Clinton as well. However they diverge greatly on economic issues. One believes in government being an integral part of every day lives, righting wrongs and creating equal opportunities and equal outcomes. The other believes completely in laissez-faire approach. His argument against TPP is rooted in the threat of 'world gov't', controlled wages, environmentalism, etc.
  • Options
    Edit - Who are you to determine that I'm "BLINDLY" supporting anyone. I know exactly what the fuck I'm doing and all the warts that come with it. But I live in the real world and there are real consequences. I don't give a flying fuck about Whitewater, deleted emails or any of that shit. I care who has the nuclear codes. I care about the future of NATO. I care about keeping the Korean Peninsula nuclear free. I care about the JPOA.