Options

Bernie Sanders

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    The irony is that YOU care more about her emails than you do about those things, a woman's right to choose, the CFPB and everything else that YOU are blind to because of your myopic view.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,913
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

The convention is now taking Bernie signs!

Free said:

A note to Sarah Silverman:

Bernie Backer Rosario Dawson: We’re Not Going to ‘Fall in Line’ Behind Hillary, Hillary Clinton is not a Leader

A video for all the Hillary supporters thinking we need to "blindly follow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKrQuiYnYU

Dude, where is Nina Turner? I was hoping she would become the new leader of our movement.
    I haven't seen or heard anything from her. I wonder if she fell in line or if she will continue the fight without Sanders.
    I don't know! But I found this from 2 days ago.
    DNC needs to 'clean house'

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/sanders-supporter-dnc-needs-to-clean-house-731255875911
    Damn! She's fucking brilliant!! I hope she doesn't fall in line man.... In my opinion she is the future of our movement. Such an intelligent, passionate, and brilliant individual.

I definitely like what Turner she said in the link. She gives hope for the Democratic Party although I still believe we need more than a two party system.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    mrussel1 said:

Edit - Who are you to determine that I'm "BLINDLY" supporting anyone. I know exactly what the fuck I'm doing and all the warts that come with it. But I live in the real world and there are real consequences. I don't give a flying fuck about Whitewater, deleted emails or any of that shit. I care who has the nuclear codes. I care about the future of NATO. I care about keeping the Korean Peninsula nuclear free. I care about the JPOA.

Exactly...

It's going to be Clinton or Trump. I'll take Clinton all day. If you want Trump then don't vote for Clinton.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mrussel1 said:

The irony is that YOU care more about her emails than you do about those things, a woman's right to choose, the CFPB and everything else that YOU are blind to because of your myopic view.

convince me that any of that will change under a Trump presidency ... all I see with a Trump presidency is a combo of GWB and Rob Ford ... a lot of distractions and face palms but in reality - more of the status quo ... a further widening of the prosperity gap, more economic imperialism and a further corporatization of gov't ... all of which will happen under Clinton ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

convince me that any of that will change under a Trump presidency ... all I see with a Trump presidency is a combo of GWB and Rob Ford ... a lot of distractions and face palms but in reality - more of the status quo ... a further widening of the prosperity gap, more economic imperialism and a further corporatization of gov't ... all of which will happen under Clinton ...
    Have you not seen the judges he promised to appoint to the SCOTUS? They are all very conservative. Have you heard about leaving NATO? Pulling out of the Korean Peninsula? He promised to revoke JPOA as soon as he gets into office. He also promised to revoke Obamacare.

On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

Have you not seen the judges he promised to appoint to the SCOTUS? They are all very conservative. Have you heard about leaving NATO? Pulling out of the Korean Peninsula? He promised to revoke JPOA as soon as he gets into office. He also promised to revoke Obamacare.

On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare.
    No doubt Trump would be worse than Clinton. Kind of like 150 bee stings would be worse than 100 bee stings. :bee:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

does your system of gov't really allow for all that? ... i don't think he can get any of that passed through either house ... obamacare is probably ripe for the pickings as that's been on the GOP agenda for some time ...

as for SCOTUS - it's already a joke ... alito, roberts and thomas ... horrible ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

does your system of gov't really allow for all that? ... i don't think he can get any of that passed through either house ... obamacare is probably ripe for the pickings as that's been on the GOP agenda for some time ...

as for SCOTUS - it's already a joke ... alito, roberts and thomas ... horrible ...
    Yes, because the GOP controlled congress would push it through. A Trump victory means a strong GOP showing in the elections, so both House and Senate would likely have increased control. Right now a fillibuster and veto are the only things that protect against it. And if you think those three justices are bad, what will it look like when we have 2-3 more retiring justices? There will be a conservative super majority on the court. By contrast, with a Clinton victory, the progressives would take back the court starting with Scalia's seat.
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm still having a hard time seeing much difference (certainly no significant difference) between the GOP and the Dems.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Honestly, I'm still having a hard time seeing much difference (certainly no significant difference) between the GOP and the Dems.

You really don't see the difference on the social issues?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes, because the GOP controlled congress would push it through. A Trump victory means a strong GOP showing in the elections, so both House and Senate would likely have increased control. Right now a fillibuster and veto are the only things that protect against it. And if you think those three justices are bad, what will it look like when we have 2-3 more retiring justices? There will be a conservative super majority on the court. By contrast, with a Clinton victory, the progressives would take back the court starting with Scalia's seat.
    You make it sound like Trump represents the GOP ... I'm pretty sure most of the GOP have no interest in getting out of Korea or any other country for that matter ... it's just not gonna be on the agenda ... nor is leaving NATO ... and my guess is if Trump wins POTUS - Dems get the House back this November and we go full circle YET AGAIN ...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

You really don't see the difference on the social issues?
    Sure, a difference, but in terms of real progress? Nah. And as for environment- same thing. Like 150 bee stings as opposed to 100. If your sensitive to bees, you're going to die either way. Neither party has the right stuff.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    Phool said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

The convention is now taking Bernie signs! Thanks for the apology DNC

https://mobile.twitter.com/regated/status/757690019138117632

What apology? I don't understand your comment.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-apologizes-to-sanders-for-inexcusable-remarks-in-email-leak-226149
    Thanks. Huh. I assumed that these kinds of comments and this kind of bias was par for the course, which is why everyone was complaining about it being a rigged game for the past six months at least. Funny how people only react once they see things in writing, even though the writing reveals no surprises. If anything, the emails were tamer than I would have expected (not saying this to suggest it's okay btw. It's not).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

You make it sound like Trump represents the GOP ... I'm pretty sure most of the GOP have no interest in getting out of Korea or any other country for that matter ... it's just not gonna be on the agenda ... nor is leaving NATO ... and my guess is if Trump wins POTUS - Dems get the House back this November and we go full circle YET AGAIN ...
    Negative. He could handle Korea and possibly NATO with an executive order.

And I disagree with the assessment that Dems could win the House and lose the POTUS. People rarely split tickets so it's about turnout. Elections come in waves.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

So just how much would it cost to repeal Obamacare?? How many billions?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

Don't know.. but they've voted on it more than 60x.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

Don't know.. but they've voted on it more than 60x.
    And then I wonder what Trump would intend to do with the millions of people who would again be left without healthcare? I love how Trump just says what he's going to do without even a suggestions of how he's going to do it. And as far as I can tell, his supporters don't even really think to ask. Bizarre.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

And I disagree with the assessment that Dems could win the House and lose the POTUS. People rarely split tickets so it's about turnout. Elections come in waves.
    sorry ... not gonna happen ... and in all honesty ... so what if it does? ... either s. korea pays for military support or it then relies on UN help ...

i think all the lefties and moderates will give control of the house to the dems ...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    No name-calling here, thank you. It will put posting privileges at risk and is not within the Posting Guidelines.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Good god these people
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    You want to talk about a woman's right to choose? How about the way Clinton put down young women voters for being Sanders supporters?

mrussel1 said:

Edit - Who are you to determine that I'm "BLINDLY" supporting anyone. I know exactly what the fuck I'm doing and all the warts that come with it. But I live in the real world and there are real consequences. I don't give a flying fuck about Whitewater, deleted emails or any of that shit. I care who has the nuclear codes. I care about the future of NATO. I care about keeping the Korean Peninsula nuclear free. I care about the JPOA.

Exactly...

It's going to be Clinton or Trump. I'll take Clinton all day. If you want Trump then don't vote for Clinton.
    The scare tactics are getting really old.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

You want to talk about a woman's right to choose? How about the way Clinton put down young women voters for being Sanders supporters?

mrussel1 said:

Exactly...

The scare tactics are getting really old.
    Does she support repealing women's suffrage, because that's the equivalent of a Trump Scotus.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

sorry ... not gonna happen ... and in all honesty ... so what if it does? ... either s. korea pays for military support or it then relies on UN help ...

i think all the lefties and moderates will give control of the house to the dems ...
    Whew. Glad you typed these compelling words to alleviate the concern.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

sorry if that was not sufficient to you but you haven't made the case that things are gonna be much different ... really!? ... the US leaving NATO? ... that's the kind of divisive rhetoric that has made elections a complete gong show ... the level of discourse is so low that people continue to barrel down a highway with no brakes on ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

sorry if that was not sufficient to you but you haven't made the case that things are gonna be much different ... really!? ... the US leaving NATO? ... that's the kind of divisive rhetoric that has made elections a complete gong show ... the level of discourse is so low that people continue to barrel down a highway with no brakes on ...
    You are cherry picking one point in a list. What about the SCOTUS? You think Sota would be a justice in a Trump Administration? What about JPOA and Obamacare?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

You are cherry picking one point in a list. What about the SCOTUS? You think Sota would be a justice in a Trump Administration? What about JPOA and Obamacare?
    i'd say the same thing about s. korea and JPOA ... he doesn't wake up as POTUS and get to do these things arbitrarily ... it just doesn't work that way ... on SCOTUS - who's trump gonna nominate!? ... i'd like to actually see who this bogeyperson is ... his rhetoric is all over the place ...

as for obamacare ... that is probably in play ... in the end tho - much of the policies will be similar just like they were with the last few admins ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

i'd say the same thing about s. korea and JPOA ... he doesn't wake up as POTUS and get to do these things arbitrarily ... it just doesn't work that way ... on SCOTUS - who's trump gonna nominate!? ... i'd like to actually see who this bogeyperson is ... his rhetoric is all over the place ...

as for obamacare ... that is probably in play ... in the end tho - much of the policies will be similar just like they were with the last few admins ...
    What? He published the list of justices. And JPOA did not need to be ratified by the Senate therefore he can pull us from the agreement. Your head is in the sand or you aren't paying attention.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

What? He published the list of justices. And JPOA did not need to be ratified by the Senate therefore he can pull us from the agreement. Your head is in the sand or you aren't paying attention.
    ya ... i've seen the list ... but who on that list!? ... there is like over 10 people on that list ... and what if the US pulls out of the JCPOA? ... similar to all the other issues you've raised - these are international relations that is more complex than just being in or out ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

ya ... i've seen the list ... but who on that list!? ... there is like over 10 people on that list ... and what if the US pulls out of the JCPOA? ... similar to all the other issues you've raised - these are international relations that is more complex than just being in or out ...
    I guess I wrote all of this thinking you had knowledge of the ramifications of the positions. It's not like JPOA was insignificant. If your argument is these issues are unimportant or, I don't know these judges so I'm not worried, then I can't help you or convince you. But this is part and parcel of the Bernie or Bust supporters who have deluded themselves into thinking there are no consequences to this election anymore.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

I guess I wrote all of this thinking you had knowledge of the ramifications of the positions. It's not like JPOA was insignificant. If your argument is these issues are unimportant or, I don't know these judges so I'm not worried, then I can't help you or convince you. But this is part and parcel of the Bernie or Bust supporters who have deluded themselves into thinking there are no consequences to this election anymore.
    it's not that the issues are insignificant just that you make assumptions that everything is going to happen like it's just a matter of him doing it ... the JPOA is an agreement with 6 other countries ... it's like BREXIT - it's not like it just happens ... ultimately if he wants the US to leave the JPOA - then aspects of the deal will get negotiated like everything else ... it's not like Iran is going to have nukes because Trump wants a new deal ... which by the way is his position not necessarily that he wants out ... the guy is a businessman through and through ... he's creating conditions for which he can best get his desired outcome ...

listen ... i'm not even a bernie supporter ... all I know for certain - in the larger picture, there's been hardly movement in the US during obama as with W ... it's just swung as to what special interests get more of the pie ... is hillary gonna get the US out of the middle east? ... is the US still gonna support the apartheid regime in Israel? ... is there gonna be any real concrete movement against global warming ... the influence of corporations in foreign and domestic policy? ... anything? ... no ... it's gonna be business as usual ...