Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Sanders endorsing on Tuesday in NH

How interesting and strategic... Bernie gives himself a few days to decide the Hillary thing and Jill Stein offers to have him lead the Green Party. Today.
    Said another way, Jill Stein offers the election to Donald Trump.
    What ever you want to believe.
    How can you think splitting the left vote doesn't, at best, send the election to the House, which is controlled by the GOP?
    I am under the impression that he just doesn't care one bit about the left being split and Trump winning because of it. The only thing that seems to matter is that he vote for the person who he loves and gets a good and righteous feeling from voting for them. Didn't he say something yesterday along the lines of 'if the left splits and Trump wins because of it, it serves everyone right for allowing politics to get to the point where that is possible'? Or was that someone else? (not speaking for you Free, just giving my impressions of where you stand on the matter).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Trump will never be elected. There, I said it. Now you can all go have a smoke or a drink or meditate or what ever it is you do to relax. Me, I'm still a bit edgy. I don't think Bernie will Endorse HRC, but that I cannot say as assuredly as the first statement I made in this post.

Got a light?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

Trump will never be elected. There, I said it. Now you can all go have a smoke or a drink or meditate or what ever it is you do to relax. Me, I'm still a bit edgy. I don't think Bernie will Endorse HRC, but that I cannot say as assuredly as the first statement I made in this post.

Got a light?

here ya go
  • Options

brianlux said:

Got a light?

here ya go
    Zippity do dah! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

Got a light?

If the left vote actually splits Trump almost certainly will be elected.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    I think you are drawing too many conclusions from that 'smirk' by Trump.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    I think you are drawing too many conclusions from that 'smirk' by Trump.
    I don't think so. There's a Young Turks video (can't find it right now) that explains how Trump could make a ton of money by dropping out before or even after the election. Think about it- does Donald Trump want to spend his time working as president when he could just walk with a truck load of money? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

So here's my vision of the perfect scenario:

1) Trump walks, laughing all the way to the bank (yeah, I don't like it either but I also know you cannot stop a large tree from falling by standing in front of it).

2) Hillary's legal issues continue to plague her and eat away at here support. (Sorry HRC fans, not meaning anything personal by saying this).

3) Bernie accepts Jill Stein's invitation to lead the Green Party and the two of them become the next POTUS and VP.

"You may say I'm a dreamer"... Just think how many people have quoted those very words. Time to make dreams a reality!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    I suspect the same thing, but I don't think that matters at this point. He's going to be the nominee, and, if elected, will be the POTUS whether he really wanted it or not. I disagree that he will pull out.... although admittedly, I wouldn't put money on it. He's nuts. I just think it's unlikely he'd bail now.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    I suspect the same thing, but I don't think that matters at this point. He's going to be the nominee, and, if elected, will be the POTUS whether he really wanted it or not. I disagree that he will pull out.... although admittedly, I wouldn't put money on it. He's nuts. I just think it's unlikely he'd bail now.
    Bingo! :lol:

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    And if he resigns after elected, then the VP takes over. That's not really solving anything... well maybe a little something...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    And if he resigns after elected, then the VP takes over. That's not really solving anything... well maybe a little something...
    Could be wrong on the poster but awhile back I think it was gimmiesometruth explained to me about what happens if POTUS resigns. He was patient enough to explain the finer details of the US electoral system.

Could it be that Trump is grooming a president that you may not know of?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Got a light?

Trump doesn't want it.
    Could be wrong on the poster but awhile back I think it was gimmiesometruth explained to me about what happens if POTUS resigns. He was patient enough to explain the finer details of the US electoral system.

Could it be that Trump is grooming a president that you may not know of?
    The VP takes over. It's that simple.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes, but who would be the VP that Trump is running with?
  • Options

^^^

Uh. No one knows. What that a rhetorical question?
  • Options

^^^

Why Bernie, of course. You see, Trump is an underground Social Democrat disguised as a... whatever! :lol:

Seriously though, if Donald Trump somehow gets elected, The United States of America 1) will get what it deserves or 2) will finally get some sense into our collective heads and next time will elect someone worthy again (it's happened before, could happen again!) or 3) will anagram it's name to "I am Cute, Often a Disaster".

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    It will be good if Bernie wins.
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

Wins what?
  • Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-green-party

I propose this thought: If Donald Trump can become the Republican choice for presidential candidate, then Bernie Sanders can become president via the Green Party. OK, sure the odds are slim but if someone told you a few years ago that Trump would be the GOP candidate we all would have laughed. The world is off its rocker anyway so what they hay, if we've all gone nuts, think good crazy thought and who knows what might transpire! :smiley:

• Options
    brianlux said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-green-party

I propose this thought: If Donald Trump can become the Republican choice for presidential candidate, then Bernie Sanders can become president via the Green Party. OK, sure the odds are slim but if someone told you a few years ago that Trump would be the GOP candidate we all would have laughed. The world is off its rocker anyway so what they hay, if we've all gone nuts, think good crazy thought and who knows what might transpire! :smiley:

Are you playing both sides of the fence?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/bernie-sanders-green-party-jill-stein-president-us-election-2016-a7129786.html
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mrussel1 said:

^^^

Last week, when I heard Trump praising Newt Gingrich in a campaign appearance, all of a sudden I got this, "oh shit, he's going to run with Newt, then quit if he wins and Newt will be the president" feeling. It gave me the chills. Later that night, I shared my premonition with my friend at dinner, and now I come here and this is he conversation -- Trump winning and quitting. Oh my. Please let's hope not.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^

Last week, when I heard Trump praising Newt Gingrich in a campaign appearance, all of a sudden I got this, "oh shit, he's going to run with Newt, then quit if he wins and Newt will be the president" feeling. It gave me the chills. Later that night, I shared my premonition with my friend at dinner, and now I come here and this is he conversation -- Trump winning and quitting. Oh my. Please let's hope not.

It is entirely plausible that Trump is running with Hillary.
  • Options

brianlux said:

Are you playing both sides of the fence?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/bernie-sanders-green-party-jill-stein-president-us-election-2016-a7129786.html
    Not at all! I walk along the top of the fence for a better view. Bernie joining the Green Party makes good sense at this point in time. I hope it happens.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    mrussel1 said:

i_lov_it said:

Wins what?
    Wins Wimbledon.
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

mrussel1 said:

i_lov_it said:

Wins what?
    Wins Wimbledon.
    Then yes..
  • Options
    Why Sanders’ endorsement probably won’t help Hillary Clinton with millennials

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/08/why-sanders-endorsement-probably-wont-help-hillary-clinton-with-millennials-commentary.html
  • Options
    Free said:
    Couched within this quote from the article is a frightening thought:

"For low-information voters who've not been glued to politics for a year like myself and many of you, who's just tuning in a few months before Election Day—who's going to sound more appealing?"

The idea being that low information voter could have a lot of influence in the outcome. Hmmm, I think that would prove my point that if Trump is elected, America gets what it deserves.

I'm still not convinced that as a whole we that THAT friggin' stupid!

• Options
    brianlux said:

Free said:

"For low-information voters who've not been glued to politics for a year like myself and many of you, who's just tuning in a few months before Election Day—who's going to sound more appealing?"

The idea being that low information voter could have a lot of influence in the outcome. Hmmm, I think that would prove my point that if Trump is elected, America gets what it deserves.

There are so many TV ads lined up, ready to run, there won't be anyone left without some opinion of Donald Trump... if that even exists today.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

There are so many TV ads lined up, ready to run, there won't be anyone left without some opinion of Donald Trump... if that even exists today.
    Maybe. Although I think the average American hit's the mute button and runs for the cheese doodles during the break from their mindless TV shows. (No one here of course!!)