Options

Bernie Sanders

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

Free said:

There gets to be a point how much we value our one and only vote. I choose not to have to vote the lesser of two evils, especially inasmuch these two, the least popular in American history. I can't. And won't. vote for a person not interested at ALL at what the consensus, the people of this country want. But rather what their donars want.

^^^this
    Yeah, I get it. It's just that people thinking like this just need to also acknowledge that this thinking could make Trump their next president. That's all well and good to vote on your conscience, although I do question that when the results of doing so hurts everyone and puts Trump in office. Sorry, not worth it IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

There gets to be a point how much we value our one and only vote. I choose not to have to vote the lesser of two evils, especially inasmuch these two, the least popular in American history. I can't. And won't. vote for a person not interested at ALL at what the consensus, the people of this country want. But rather what their donars want.

^^^this
    Yeah, I get it. It's just that people thinking like this just need to also acknowledge that this thinking could make Trump their next president. That's all well and good to vote on your conscience, although I do question that when the results of doing so hurts everyone and puts Trump in office. Sorry, not worth it IMO.
    Nope, I am not afraid of the big bad Wolf, because he's not gonna win. How many times of I mentioned in these forms how not everyone voted in those primaries because not everyone is included. There are a huge growing number of people and third parties were not allowed to vote in primaries. Therefore the primary results do not reflect all of Americans. He's already on the downfall. I am not worried about Drumpf winning and will not be forced into voting for the lesser of two evils. They both suck.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016
    dot30 said:

Unlikely. He can't even beat hilary.

Edit: I didn't keep reading. Looks like this point was addressed.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    Nope, I am not afraid of the big bad Wolf, because he's not gonna win. How many times of I mentioned in these forms how not everyone voted in those primaries because not everyone is included. There are a huge growing number of people and third parties were not allowed to vote in primaries. Therefore the primary results do not reflect all of Americans. He's already on the downfall. I am not worried about Drumpf winning and will not be forced into voting for the lesser of two evils. They both suck.
    I know all of this. But some will vote for him - more than you seem to think - and if enough people spoil ballots or vote for some fringe candidate Trump could win by default.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    I know all of this. But some will vote for him - more than you seem to think - and if enough people spoil ballots or vote for some fringe candidate Trump could win by default.
    This election is already rigged. And it's not rigged in his favor. Letting fear to dictate my vote isn't happening.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    CH156378 said:

mrussel1 said:

You must be reading different media than me. The left leaning media like Huffpo, Rachel, etc, were absolutely pushing Bernie, starting right after NH. I always thought the media bias was a total myth perpetuated by the campaign team. Huffpo is one of the top sites on the Web and they were hard core Sanders.

If you held results to the end of the primary season, then you have two practical problems. One is money to campaign. Let's take the GOPfor example. The donor money would be split among 16 candidates. That's impractical for a 50 state campaign. Second, there would likely be no candidate with enough votes to clinch coming out of the primary. That means delegates would decide the candidate, rendering the primary useless.

Interesting you feel that way about Huffpost. I felt they have been more tilted towards Hillary this entire process. You can't go in Huffpost website without a Hillary ad smaking you in the face every five seconds. I'm with Her, Win dinner with Hillary! Ect ect.
    That's paid advertising. I'm talking about the articles during the primary season.
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    This election is already rigged. And it's not rigged in his favor. Letting fear to dictate my vote isn't happening.
    Of course. It's all rigged.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    It's definitely rigged
    Its a well known conspiracy by the Rothschilds and their friends in ZOG to rig the U.S. elections.

Or is it the illiuminati?
    Or the nwo?

Hard to keep track

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    Not really fear. It's just strategic voting towards a more desirable outcome. But anyway, if that is your attitude, why vote at all??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Polls are BS and are used to persuade people to vote a certain way. They are used for nothing else.

Yeah, everyone knows that Nate Silver selects the winners, that's how he accurately predicts the outcomes of course.
    He gets his orders from Nibiru.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    Not really fear. It's just strategic voting towards a more desirable outcome. But anyway, if that is your attitude, why vote at all??
    You are Canadian. What do you care who I'd vote for anyway? Not saying that you as a Canadian shouldn't care, but I don't tell anybody else how to vote. Just vote.
  • Options
    Who in the fuck is telling anyone what to vote? And the Canadian comment is just irrelevant and pointless.
    Anyway, I wonder someone who thinks voting is pointless since the election is rigged would bother wasting their time with it? How odd.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

^^^this
    Okay, so, the Ralph Nader effect (spoiler effect), right?--when everyone banned together for an Independent and it ended up helping put Bush in the presidency, right? I might have some facts wrong there but I do remember this happening.

I guess I kept thinking that if the Republicans want Trump in there so bad, then give them what they want and they can see how bad it is--and they only have themselves to blame... for a huge, I mean huge wall, lol--and a bunch of military, war happy Arabs pissed off at us because he has the mouth of a semi-automatic. But maybe he's already in cahoots with those guys anyway--who the hell knows.

I really don't have anything against Hillary. I would rather see her in there than Trump. It almost seems like it would have to take Bernie telling all his followers to vote for her BUT make some kind of deal with Hillary in which some of Bernie's issues would actually make it in there, the presidency--afterall, he'd be giving up a lot of voters that he worked really hard to get. Bernie's campaign made a big statement that should not be forgotten on the next election. Maybe we weren't able to get the universal healthcare and free state public college this time, but we can go all the way next time if we get a candidate ready--or if Bernie runs again.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I'm guessing that everyone here knows that Hillary is not a sho-in yet and that Bernie has not dropped out... right?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3269472/why-bernie-sanders-fans-do-not-need-to-give-up-for-another-month/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I'm guessing that everyone here knows that Hillary is not a sho-in yet and that Bernie has not dropped out... right?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3269472/why-bernie-sanders-fans-do-not-need-to-give-up-for-another-month/

This site is infected with malware.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited July 2016
    ^^^ Bernies still hasn't dropped out ... Doesn't matter the democrats have made their choice, unfortunate for some. I think any system that essentially eliminates everyone from running except those rich enough to run is no system to be even remotely proud of, that includes the system we endure in Canada.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

^^^ Bernies still hasn't dropped out ... Doesn't matter the democrats have made their choice, unfortunate for some. I think any system that essentially eliminates everyone from running except those rich enough to run is no system to be even remotely proud of, that includes the system we endure in Canada.

The people have made their choice. There would be some irony if the Sanders supporters didn't see the hypocrisy in a floor fight about it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Very sorry if that's true. My Malwarebytes did not indicate that and it's current and does a good job.

But you do know what I said is true, right?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

The people have made their choice. There would be some irony if the Sanders supporters didn't see the hypocrisy in a floor fight about it.
    Maybe but maybe not.

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

Very sorry if that's true. My Malwarebytes did not indicate that and it's current and does a good job.

I tried to link to the site and it started destroying my phone with pop ups so I killed it. So no, I'm not sure what the opinion piece is saying. But I do know that he hasn't dropped out. I'm not sure I understand the strategy. It's not as if he loses his delegates by dropping out.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

I tried to link to the site and it started destroying my phone with pop ups so I killed it. So no, I'm not sure what the opinion piece is saying. But I do know that he hasn't dropped out. I'm not sure I understand the strategy. It's not as if he loses his delegates by dropping out.
    Damn pop-ups! (Unless we're talking kids books :wink: ) It's an interesting article but a crappy site. I probably have enough cookies to feed a crowd of Dead Heads. I couldn't get the whole article to copy but here's much of it:

"The headlines seem to officially confirm that Bernie Sanders has thrown in the towel for getting nominated as the presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, but has time truly run out?

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, Bernie Sanders supporters in California do not need to care about whether or not the primaries election was inaccurate in the first place since the Democratic National Convention could be a “contested” event.

In fact, Fortune states on April 25 that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton being part of a contested Democratic National Convention is not necessarily a big deal, and “at least 18 have occurred since 1868.”

By definition, a candidate needs at least 2,383 delegates to be a shoo-in for the Democratic National Convention nomination, and neither Bernie Sander nor Hillary Clinton have the final tally to see who actually has the minimum 2,383 delegates.

For example, California will not certify their votes for the Democratic primaries held on June 7 until July 15 (about two weeks before the Democratic National Convention held July 25 to 28), according the Secretary of State website for California.

Bernie Sanders himself predicted that the Democratic National Convention would be “contested” around June 6 (the day before the California primaries), according to Washington Times.

Sadly, CNN seems to imply the Bernie Sanders campaign is over, and Vox headlines on July 30 with a quote from Vice President Joe Biden that says “I’ve talked with Bernie Sanders, and he’s going to endorse Hillary Clinton.”

Politico headlines on July 2 with “Bernie Sanders California supporters can’t quite say good-bye.”

Despite these misleading headlines, Bernie Sanders has not officially dropped out. VPR states the following on July 1 that verifies the Bernie Sanders campaign is not over or has “conceded to Hillary Clinton.”"

• Options
    As has been pointed out numerous times here, Clinton is not the nominee until the process is complete. But there's no headline that is making super delegates flee HRC right now. Plus in CA, HRC still has a 7 point lead amounting to almost 400k votes. There are only 280k left to be counted. So although this article is technically true, no one would deny it, the 99% scenario points to her and that's why you see a skeleton Sanders staff, no national events, etc.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:

^^If y'all remember, the Diebold issue was heavily scrutinized in either 2000 or 2004. They made voting machines and were heavily aligned with the GOP and Bush.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The Democratic Party hasn't officially nominated a candidate yet. Bernie Sanders should immediately push for Hillary to drop out based on her negligence as outlined by James Comey.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    BS44325 said:

The Democratic Party hasn't officially nominated a candidate yet. Bernie Sanders should immediately push for Hillary to drop out based on her negligence as outlined by James Comey.

Nothing discussed by Comey today wasn't already common knowledge. The only thing up in the air was whether she would be charged. She wasn't so she is in the clear from here on out. Benghazi was about a Youtube video and she never sent classified emails on her own basement server.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The Bernie supporters will not and should not rally to her side

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email/index.html
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email/index.html

¡No hay problema señor! On this, we agree!

• Options
    BS44325 said:

Seems like Bernie probably will though, so I think many Bernie supporters will too.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Seems like Bernie probably will though, so I think many Bernie supporters will too.
    Doubt it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.
    You can only speak for one person - yourself. Bernie supporters seem to have placed their trust in Bernie... so once he supports Hillary (he did say he'd vote for her if he wasn't in the race, yes?), why would their trust in him and his decisions suddenly disappear? They all seem to think that he understands what it better for America... and he thinks voting for Hillary over Trump would be better for America.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on