• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

The Bernie supporters will not and should not rally to her side

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email/index.html

Seems like Bernie probably will though, so I think many Bernie supporters will too.
    Doubt it.
    You can only speak for one person - yourself. Bernie supporters seem to have placed their trust in Bernie... so once he supports Hillary (he did say he'd vote for her if he wasn't in the race, yes?), why would their trust in him and his decisions suddenly disappear? They all seem to think that he understands what it better for America... and he thinks voting for Hillary over Trump would be better for America.
    Unless people can't think for themselves, and only do what their "God" tells them to do, it's a pretty sure thing that people will do what they want. And vote how they want. The majority of Bernie supporters after he lost California said they would never vote for Hillary. We'll see if that changes.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Well this is a start, at least not pulling the 'rigged' shit... conversation between Blitzer and Bernie today:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) admitted presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton won the primary, but hesitated to admit his time in the race is over.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer asked Sanders about the race.

“She won fair and square, right?” Blitzer asked.

“Yep,” Sanders replied, before arguing his campaign is still politically important.

“The nomination is not the only aspect of what politics is about,” Sanders said. “What politics is about is trying to do well by the middle class and working families. That is what I’m struggling to do.”

Sanders has said he will vote for Clinton in the general election, but has not yet offered a formal endorsement of her campaign.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Well this is a start, at least not pulling the 'rigged' shit... conversation between Blitzer and Bernie today:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) admitted presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton won the primary, but hesitated to admit his time in the race is over.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer asked Sanders about the race.

“Yep,” Sanders replied, before arguing his campaign is still politically important.

“The nomination is not the only aspect of what politics is about,” Sanders said. “What politics is about is trying to do well by the middle class and working families. That is what I’m struggling to do.”

Sanders has said he will vote for Clinton in the general election, but has not yet offered a formal endorsement of her campaign.

All this says is that Sanders is not willing to put up a fight about the rigged election. He's not willing to fight about it but he's not gonna endorse Hillary either.
  • Options

Is he saying that it's rigged but she won fair and square? Seems strange.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email/index.html

Seems like Bernie probably will though, so I think many Bernie supporters will too.
    Doubt it.
    You can only speak for one person - yourself. Bernie supporters seem to have placed their trust in Bernie... so once he supports Hillary (he did say he'd vote for her if he wasn't in the race, yes?), why would their trust in him and his decisions suddenly disappear? They all seem to think that he understands what it better for America... and he thinks voting for Hillary over Trump would be better for America.
    Unless people can't think for themselves, and only do what their "God" tells them to do, it's a pretty sure thing that people will do what they want. And vote how they want. The majority of Bernie supporters after he lost California said they would never vote for Hillary. We'll see if that changes.
    Well yeah, that's kind of my point. A lot of people can't think for themselves. I see no reason to call politicians anyone's "God", but whatever.
    Do you have a link to that poll that says the majority of Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary? I'd like to see the numbers for myself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.
    Well yeah, that's kind of my point. A lot of people can't think for themselves. I see no reason to call politicians anyone's "God", but whatever.
    Do you have a link to that poll that says the majority of Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary? I'd like to see the numbers for myself.
    Do you think the same way about Trump if he were to tell his followers to vote for someone else and they would? Or Hillery even? I just don't get this mindframe that voters will just vote who their losing candidate says to. That's not really how it is. Sounds good, but not reality.

Sanders supporters support him for his integrity and honesty, no politician has those two qualities, so to vote for a typical career politician who lies for a living, well, I can only speak for myself, but it's not gonna happen.

But here's the link you're looking for. http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512170043
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.
    Do you think the same way about Trump if he were to tell his followers to vote for someone else and they would? Or Hillery even? I just don't get this mindframe that voters will just vote who their losing candidate says to. That's not really how it is. Sounds good, but not reality.

Sanders supporters support him for his integrity and honesty, no politician has those two qualities, so to vote for a typical career politician who lies for a living, well, I can only speak for myself, but it's not gonna happen.

But here's the link you're looking for. http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512170043
    Of course, I wasn't just talking about Bernie supporters.

Oh, I meant a real poll.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

Um, one would hope they mostly support him for his policies and not his personality. And if Bernie votes for a candidate because feels his policies fall more in line with a candidate he supports, it would make sense for his supporters to do the same.
  • Options
    Exactly. If Bernie's followers decide that his own political decision to support Hillary in an effort to best serve Americans (under the circumstances) is completely fucked, then I'd say that they made a mistake following him in the first place, since they obviously don't trust his judgment or his political decisions.
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/sanders-clinton-endorsement-convention-225176

Looks like it is coming. I'm not sure I like the free tuition deal at all... I think it's a political liability and economically untenable considering the cost of tuition. But I'll wait for details before getting too worked up about it. I'll be annoyed if I have to pay for my kids' tuition and pay for other's as well.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Exactly. If Bernie's followers decide that his own political decision to support Hillary in an effort to best serve Americans (under the circumstances) is completely fucked, then I'd say that they made a mistake following him in the first place, since they obviously don't trust his judgment or his political decisions.

Bingo
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/sanders-clinton-endorsement-convention-225176

Looks like it is coming. I'm not sure I like the free tuition deal at all... I think it's a political liability and economically untenable considering the cost of tuition. But I'll wait for details before getting too worked up about it. I'll be annoyed if I have to pay for my kids' tuition and pay for other's as well.

I've said this before, but I don't get this line the people draw between secondary education and post-secondary education. I would argue that post-secondary education is actually more valuable to society overall by a long shot, yet no one wants tax dollars to go towards it?? Meanwhile, no one is complaining about their tax dollars going towards other people's kids who are in high school or elementary school. I don't think that makes too much sense. That said, I don't necessarily support FREE tuition unless the student falls under a pretty low family income bar. For the most part, I think that well-subsidized tuition is adequate. I think well-subsidized tuition means under $2500 USD per semester, because that is the amount that a student who works part time can reasonably be expected to afford without parental help (so not living at home) combined with modest student loads or bursaries. Although this amount probably differs from state to state, so perhaps state-based tuition caps would be a good idea, based on a state-by-state calculation of average part-time earnings, cost of living, etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

Oh, I meant a real poll.
    :lol: What exactly do you call a real poll? Not only are the polls brought to you by the media pure bullshit, but since you asked, this is a viewer voter poll voted in by real sanders supporters to a pro-Sanders news source. You asked for it.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    ^^I agree with you in principle. But the difference is that my children get free public school in my state regardless of my income. This plan has a threshold of $125k family income. And if you have two college educated parents, that's not a particularly high number, nor does that make you particularly rich. So let's assume my wife has a degree (she's much smarter than me). We will have to foot the bill for our three kids to go to college in a system that has a runaway cost curve AND pay a much higher tax rate for others to go to school for free. So either I'm going to come out of this further in debt, or my kids will, compared to another family that comes out without debt. That's a tough one for me.

I know you work in education so I thought I would share this link and graph with you. This really shows why we have 'income inequality' in this country. It comes down to education and shows that the future is education, not factories. We need to get over that as a country.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2016/07/05/heres-how-bad-job-market-dont-go-college?cmpid=tp-ptnr-huffpost

• Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

Um, one would hope they mostly support him for his policies and not his personality. And if Bernie votes for a candidate because feels his policies fall more in line with a candidate he supports, it would make sense for his supporters to do the same.
    No kidding. The honesty and integrity just happen to go along with the policies that don't favor corporations and instead rather the people and their interests. They just happen to go hand-in-hand. Bernie has been saying he is about defeating Trump. That's what he's doing.

He doesn't believe in Hillary's policies, The DNC was going against everything that he stood for, that's what he's railing against is that the democratic platform adopts some of his policies and that will be the only way he endorses Hillary. That's what's going on right now. She needs US, His supporters, and the only way that will happen is if she adopts some of his policies.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/bernie-sanders-democratic-platform-225070

But it still doesn't guarantee that his supporters will vote for her.

Being pro-TPP, pro-Israel, pro-fracking, etc. will not lead to a Sanders endorsement.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

No kidding. The honesty and integrity just happen to go along with the policies that don't favor corporations and instead rather the people and their interests. They just happen to go hand-in-hand. Bernie has been saying he is about defeating Trump. That's what he's doing.

He doesn't believe in Hillary's policies, The DNC was going against everything that he stood for, that's what he's railing against is that the democratic platform adopts some of his policies and that will be the only way he endorses Hillary. That's what's going on right now. She needs US, His supporters, and the only way that will happen is if she adopts some of his policies.

Being pro-TPP, pro-Israel, pro-fracking, etc. will not lead to a Sanders endorsement.
    Then why will Bernie support her?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

If you know anything about Bernie, The best way to serve Americans is to have them rise up and be the leaders themselves. His campaign is never been about him solely, it was about him raising up all of us so all of us can lead. Which is happening. More and more progressives are taking the lead and running for office... For the right reasons.

Your knee-jerk reaction it to Sanders and what his supporters should do, it's pretty uncalled for. No one with a brain follows blindly, so stop making this about "how poor of a leader he is if his supporters don't get behind him and vote for Hillary".
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

My post was pretty straightforward.

EDIT: have you seen the news about Hillary adopting his free college tuition?

That is just one reason why he will support her. He's pushing for TPP next.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

So Bernie is going to support Hillary to defeat trump even though he doesn't agree with her policies? Is that what you would call integrity?
  • Options

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

So Bernie is going to support Hillary to defeat trump even though he doesn't agree with her policies? Is that what you would call integrity?
    I'm not going to repeat myself just read my post.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

Read it. You are contradicting yourself. You say he is honest and has integrity yet he is going to vote for someone he opposes.

Or perhaps their policies are a lot closer than the Bernie cult can see....
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

Read it. You are contradicting yourself. You say he is honest and has integrity yet he is going to vote for someone he opposes.

Sounds like you don't know anything about either of their policies and what's going on currently.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

Sounds like you don't know anything about either of their policies are what's going on currently.
    Yep, that's it

Yet, Bernie is going to support her...

I do get it. She's scratching his back.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

Oh, I meant a real poll.
    :lol: What exactly do you call a real poll? Not only are the polls brought to you by the media pure bullshit, but since you asked, this is a viewer voter poll voted in by real sanders supporters to a pro-Sanders news source. You asked for it.
    I don't think polls are so great either, but at least a post a poll that isn't just for viewers of a political talk show. The poll you posted is equivalent to a poll done by John Stewart asking his viewers to say whether or not they will vote for Trump. It is completely meaningless because it's only participants are a select audience with a well-known political leaning. I'd at least like to see a poll that actually covers a random selection of the population. You're the one who claimed that the majority of a group thinks a certain way, not me. If you're going to make that claim you need to have SOME kind of evidence that shows that, and I can't think of any way to show that besides a poll. If you think polls are 100% meaningless, then don't make sweeping comments like that, since you have no way to back them up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Doubt it.

??

EDIT: have you seen the news about Hillary adopting his free college tuition?

That is just one reason why he will support her. He's pushing for TPP next.
    Huge mistake to fight TPP. People who think manufacturing is the future are either delusional or willfully pandering to a set of constituents when the truth is too painful. Free trade creates white collar jobs in the States. That is the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

If you know anything about Bernie, The best way to serve Americans is to have them rise up and be the leaders themselves. His campaign is never been about him solely, it was about him raising up all of us so all of us can lead. Which is happening. More and more progressives are taking the lead and running for office... For the right reasons.

Your knee-jerk reaction it to Sanders and what his supporters should do, it's pretty uncalled for. No one with a brain follows blindly, so stop making this about "how poor of a leader he is if his supporters don't get behind him and vote for Hillary".
    What knee-jerk reaction?
    You know I am a big fan of Bernie's, right?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

What knee-jerk reaction?
    You know I am a big fan of Bernie, right?
    It's really hard to tell.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

What knee-jerk reaction?
    I'm not surprised, because you are completely unwilling to look at things objectively.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

What knee-jerk reaction?
    I'm not surprised, because you are completely unwilling to look at things objectively.
    If you call blaming a leader for not getting his supporters to vote for Hillary objective? I have nothing.