Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    mickeyrat said:
    rotating set list. swapping out sober/opiate and eon blue apocalypse + the grudge/right in two

seems random now. at first it was show to show alternate. now its swap one set of songs and leave the other or swap both sets.

I think they’re swapping Right in Two with The Patient. Both great songs but I really want RiT. The pattern the last week or so is they are playing same song two shows, then swapping. So if they play two shows in an area, like NY next week, both local shows can miss the song you really want and see the same set twice. Don’t get their logic, there probably isn’t any.

my bad. its eon blue with the patient swaps with rit
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rotating set list. swapping out sober/opiate and eon blue apocalypse + the grudge/right in two

seems random now. at first it was show to show alternate. now its swap one set of songs and leave the other or swap both sets.

I think they’re swapping Right in Two with The Patient. Both great songs but I really want RiT. The pattern the last week or so is they are playing same song two shows, then swapping. So if they play two shows in an area, like NY next week, both local shows can miss the song you really want and see the same set twice. Don’t get their logic, there probably isn’t any.

my bad. its eon blue with the patient swaps with rit
    I hate that they’re swapping the two songs I want to see the most. I could do without Hooker 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Everything is math and balance.  I am sure it means something.  Probably a Fibonachi code or some shit, lol.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    mickeyrat said:

Everything is math and balance.  I am sure it means something.  Probably a Fibonachi code or some shit, lol.
    I have a friend who is a high school math teacher and named his dog Fibonacci. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

You should kick him in the nuts and take that poor dog....
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    mickeyrat said:

You should kick him in the nuts and take that poor dog....
     :D 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    The Patient is back swapping places with Right in Two. I would love to hear both of those songs. 
    I'm really hoping for Right in Two at one of my shows... The Patient would be awesome, but I've heard it before, so if I miss it this spring I'm not too worried. RIT is probably my biggest white whale for this band (of which I don't have too many, I'm happy to say) 

Looks like CV is here to stay... one of my least favorite tunes by them, but it will be cool to see them sit around the front of the stage for something different. 

I was also hoping for 7empest on this tour too. I'm not holding my breath, but never say never I guess. 
    Same. Going to newark, the Patient is fine but really want to hear right in two. Love the setlist and how theres few “hits.” Hoping for the Opiate/RiT or Sober/RiT combo. Agree on culling voices, it hasnt hit me yet. Maybe needs more listens. White whale for me is Eulogy. First show was back in 2002 and have been to maybe around 10 shows. Dont think ill ever get it. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited February 2022
    PJNB said:
    The Patient is back swapping places with Right in Two. I would love to hear both of those songs. 
    I'm really hoping for Right in Two at one of my shows... The Patient would be awesome, but I've heard it before, so if I miss it this spring I'm not too worried. RIT is probably my biggest white whale for this band (of which I don't have too many, I'm happy to say) 

Looks like CV is here to stay... one of my least favorite tunes by them, but it will be cool to see them sit around the front of the stage for something different. 

I was also hoping for 7empest on this tour too. I'm not holding my breath, but never say never I guess. 
    Same. Going to newark, the Patient is fine but really want to hear right in two. Love the setlist and how theres few “hits.” Hoping for the Opiate/RiT or Sober/RiT combo. Agree on culling voices, it hasnt hit me yet. Maybe needs more listens. White whale for me is Eulogy. First show was back in 2002 and have been to maybe around 10 shows. Dont think ill ever get it.

The live recording of CV that I heard sounded better than expected; I'm looking forward to it Saturday night, something I wouldn't have said based on the studio version alone.  

I can't help but wonder if they'll change up the set over the break... we'll find out soon. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

The live recording of CV that I heard sounded better than expected; I'm looking forward to it Saturday night, something I wouldn't have said based on the studio version alone.  

I can't help but wonder if they'll change up the set over the break... we'll find out soon. 
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe bc theres a small break in between the tour they might change up the setlist a little. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I was thinking the same thing, maybe bc theres a small break in between the tour they might change up the setlist a little. 
    I would love to hear 7empest, but I think I want to hear RIT more. 

Regardless, I'm just happy to be going to my first arena show in 27 months*. I'll take whatever they give me.

*The last of which, ironically enough was Tool in CT in November of '19. “Time is a flat circle” 

• Options
    PJNB said:

Regardless, I'm just happy to be going to my first arena show in 27 months*. I'll take whatever they give me.

*The last of which, ironically enough was Tool in CT in November of '19. “Time is a flat circle” 

seems a right fine way to re-enter live music
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    PJNB said:

Was fortunate enough to drive 4 hours to see them in Hershey 2017, the only show Maynard sang eulogy since 2001. Sad thing it was a week after Cornell died. 

I am very stoked for culling voices, incredibly minimalist and soft first six minutes then gentle crescendo to full blast power at the end. Amazing riff. Think I’m grabbing the phones now, thanks.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    PJNB said:

I would take 7empest over right in 2 any day. One of the songs I hope they drop by time they hit Europe. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    No changes to the setlist… got Right In Two, & it was amazing. 

The light show seems to improve w/ every passing year & the band sounds as good as ever… highlight was probably Pushit, I forgot how phenomenal that was live. Maynard killed it, at 57 years old. If you’re on the fence about catching this tour, you won’t be disappointed, go. 

• Options

The light show seems to improve w/ every passing year & the band sounds as good as ever… highlight was probably Pushit, I forgot how phenomenal that was live. Maynard killed it, at 57 years old. If you’re on the fence about catching this tour, you won’t be disappointed, go. 

Can’t wait! Thanks for the review. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I’m envious and incredibly happy for you!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    going tonight. are they still doing the no camera/phone/video recordings policy? Hope to hear 7empest but looks like we most likely aren't getting it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    going tonight. are they still doing the no camera/phone/video recordings policy? Hope to hear 7empest but looks like we most likely aren't getting it.
    In theory, yes, there is still a pretty strict policy about cameras / recording; they had the usual signs up, and made an announcement about it shortly before they took the stage, however last night had the least amount of reinforcement that I’ve seen of this policy in a long time. Maybe it was just my section, or maybe ushers / security don’t care as much these days, idk, but there were a lot more cameras out last night than in years past.
  • Options
    Sooo appears FI is being released on vinyl in a couple months....

from adbook...

There’s some late breaking news from the band. Having just received their personal allotment of the forthcoming (TBA) FEAR INOCULUM ULTRA DELUXE LP, they were inspired to offer for sale this very limited number of advance pressings to TOOLARMY VIP PACKAGE holders (taking advantage of their early merch access) beginning with tonight’s show in Philadelphia and extending to the remaining shows in Elmont, Newark, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and so forth, or until there are no more available (prior to the worldwide release that’s projected for sometime in April). Furthermore, these early vinyl arrivals (only a tour item for the time being) have been AUTOGRAPHED, adding a personal touch to the cover imagery. The package contains 5 discs of industry best 180g vinyl, with audio tracks on one side and etched art on the reverse of each side of the disc.Though the quantities are very limited, should there be any remaining copies, they will be made available to concert goers at the general merch booth.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

There’s some late breaking news from the band. Having just received their personal allotment of the forthcoming (TBA) FEAR INOCULUM ULTRA DELUXE LP, they were inspired to offer for sale this very limited number of advance pressings to TOOLARMY VIP PACKAGE holders (taking advantage of their early merch access) beginning with tonight’s show in Philadelphia and extending to the remaining shows in Elmont, Newark, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and so forth, or until there are no more available (prior to the worldwide release that’s projected for sometime in April). Furthermore, these early vinyl arrivals (only a tour item for the time being) have been AUTOGRAPHED, adding a personal touch to the cover imagery. The package contains 5 discs of industry best 180g vinyl, with audio tracks on one side and etched art on the reverse of each side of the disc.Though the quantities are very limited, should there be any remaining copies, they will be made available to concert goers at the general merch booth.

Holy shit
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

Holy shit

right. now I expect what they describe as ultra deluxe will be too expensive for me but will gladly pay for a 3 lp set.

and I hope this motivated them to rerelease aenima , lateralus and 10,000 days too ....

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

$810 for the signed deluxe at the merch booth according to people on Reddit… after watching the unboxing video on Tool’s Instagram, I’ll be surprised if the deluxe doesn’t retail for upwards of $300. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

$810 for the signed deluxe at the merch booth according to people on Reddit… after watching the unboxing video on Tool’s Instagram, I’ll be surprised if the deluxe doesn’t retail for upwards of $300. 
    That’s a lot of cheddar 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I’m guessing  $150-200 based on comparable box sets. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

Do remember what time they took the stage?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

8:45 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

Awesome ty 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

Awesome ty 
    You going for LI, Newark, or both?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

from adbook...

Awesome ty 
    You going for LI, Newark, or both?
    Just Newark 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    In theory, yes, there is still a pretty strict policy about cameras / recording; they had the usual signs up, and made an announcement about it shortly before they took the stage, however last night had the least amount of reinforcement that I’ve seen of this policy in a long time. Maybe it was just my section, or maybe ushers / security don’t care as much these days, idk, but there were a lot more cameras out last night than in years past.

I saw no security enforcing this last night. People were recording and taking pictures. I think it was more enforced on the floor though perhaps. Great show. Same setlist as the previous night. I did enjoy the time i saw them a few years back a little more though.
    May be an image of 2 people and indoor

May be an image of one or more people and people playing musical instruments
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly