Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    They were on f’ing point tonight in Buffalo.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,291
    I saw tool in barclays right before the pandemic, upper deck. One of the worst shows my buddies and i have ever been too. Terrible section, people sitting and horrible security.  

I've seen tool 4 times I think.  The 2nd one was the lateralus tour when it hit Vancouver.   Our tickets were in one of the closer sections on the side.  They had big speaker stacks to the left/right of the stage.   It completely blocked the view of the middle, Maynard hid at the back of the stage,  and you couldn't see him for the whole show... it was a rough gig.  Especially considering my first Tool show was lolla '97 at the gorge, it was off the rails insane.

Luckily I saw them again when I was living in Edmonton around 07... great show.. brought me back..

but yah I guess that make bad decisions and/or play of the odd bad show.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

I was there

it was good
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,908

looks like a new set of visuals from what I remeber from 2019 tour of FI
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    So there's an $800 signed version of FI? But then there's a regular non-signed version for much less? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    So there's an $800 signed version of FI? But then there's a regular non-signed version for much less? 
    Just pre-ordered mine on Amazon for $227 CDN.   My local shop was asking $270  :( 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Yup. I preordered. 

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    Got mine, officially the most I've spent on a record since buying the first PJ Xmas single (about $115 I think).
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Saw Tool live in Buffalo the other day. Amazing!

Hard to imagine a better live band out there right now!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,291
    yah its crazy expensive. I ordered one too because of FOMO, and how bad tool is at putting things in vinyl.  If it turns out to be limited, who knows if they'll press it again.

It is a shame they need to make everything super fancy, and can't put a more standard reasonably priced version of the cd and vinyl.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    Zod said:
    yah its crazy expensive. I ordered one too because of FOMO, and how bad tool is at putting things in vinyl.  If it turns out to be limited, who knows if they'll press it again.

It is a shame they need to make everything super fancy, and can't put a more standard reasonably priced version of the cd and vinyl.
    For better or worse they've really cultivated a luxury brand
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2022
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

For better or worse they've really cultivated a luxury brand
    I kind of get the feeling that if you want physical media it’s going to be nice physical media. 

seems like since they allowed for streaming finally that was the trade off since clearly that eats into standard CD/physical media sales. profits from album sales based on volume isn’t happening, ultra deluxe editions might make it more worth it to produce in smaller numbers.
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    Undertow last night in Detroit. 
    1st time in 20 years. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    1st time in 20 years. 

pretty awesome! Apparently they also got Opiate squared?

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    1st time in 20 years. 

It's appearing on setlist.fm as Opitae 2, but I don't think it's the rereleased version... at least it wasn't in Boston & Buffalo. It had the new bass intro, and a slightly different breakdown than the original... but it didn't have the extended breakdown w/ the synthesizer when I saw it.  
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,932
    1st time in 20 years. 
    That must have been great for those who were there. Maybe we get lucky with a fall run after he gets a break from Pucifer. I think that wraps up in June.
  • Options
    1st time in 20 years. 
    That must have been great for those who were there. Maybe we get lucky with a fall run after he gets a break from Pucifer. I think that wraps up in June.
    Getting Intolerance in 2019 & Sweat in 2017 were unreal... I never thought I would hear those songs live at this point in their career. 

Never say never, I guess. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    1st time in 20 years. 

It's appearing on setlist.fm as Opitae 2, but I don't think it's the rereleased version... at least it wasn't in Boston & Buffalo. It had the new bass intro, and a slightly different breakdown than the original... but it didn't have the extended breakdown w/ the synthesizer when I saw it.  
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the played opiate 2. Undertow is shorter than both the patient and right in two. Maybe they played the longer version to fill some time. Who knows though. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    1st time in 20 years. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the played opiate 2. Undertow is shorter than both the patient and right in two. Maybe they played the longer version to fill some time. Who knows though. 
    Good possibility. I'm sure something will be on youtube at some point today to confirm. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,908
    anybody do 2019 and 2022 so far?
    wondering if they changed up the merch any.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    There's a new shirt w/ the Opiate worm monster on the back (as seen in the above youtube screenshot) but outside of that I haven't really noticed. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    This is pretty consistent with what I saw in Newark. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/s1q04g/merch_eugene_or_2022/
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    Is there ever hope for Prison Sex and Swamp Song?
  • Options
    Is there ever hope for Prison Sex and Swamp Song?
    They played Swamp Song in 2019 as well as Intolerance, so never say never, I guess. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Anyone catch the Revolver interview with David Cross and Maynard? Two intelligent and funny men; pretty good. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Anyone catch the Revolver interview with David Cross and Maynard? Two intelligent and funny men; pretty good. 
    Not yet, but it's on my radar to listen to soon. 

I love how far back they go... I tried to get my wife to watch the Ronnie Dobbs skit from Mr Show last week, she didn't get it. (might need a new wife, idk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8wk7bqXX1I
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ronnie Dobbs gets arrested in France :lol:
  • Options
    "SPEAK ENGLISH MUTHERFUKKER"  :D:D
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    mickeyrat said:
    This is pretty consistent with what I saw in Newark. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/s1q04g/merch_eugene_or_2022/
    Think there is a tour programme too
    Kearnsy