Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Alright folks, 3 albums in and this is like freaking destroying my brain! I can't believe I've slept on these records. Just so damn heavy! 
    Did the same thing, lost track of them after Aenima in college and finally gave a shot at Fear.....fuck I regret 15 years off.
    Making up for lost time though
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022
    Love Mr. Show!  "He's guilty, yeah...he knows it.  You’re guilty and you don’t know it.  So, you know, who’s really in jail?"

In one of the DVD commentaries, Jay Johnston (of Capitol riot fame!) talked about being surprised to hear Maynard was in a band, and when he found out Maynard was the singer said something like, "No fucking way."

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913
    hours away......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    Have fun Miles. Hope they blow your mind!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    mickeyrat said:
    hours away......
    Awesome. Enjoy!!! 
  • Options
    dammit. now they have rotated in undertow in the back half...

so its sober/opiate
    and right in two/the patient/undertow
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    mickeyrat said:
    hours away......
    Enjoy dude!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Have a blast, mickey!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    mickeyrat said:
    dammit. now they have rotated in undertow in the back half...

so its sober/opiate
    and right in two/the patient/undertow
    Hope you get whichever ones you want to hear the most… regardless, you’re in for a treat. 

You had remarked earlier on what appeared to be newer visuals this tour… make sure you’re in your seat for their set (usually about 8:45); the opening song had some of my favorite visuals of the night… the red ocean backdrop w/ the spire rising up out of it as they belt out Fear Inoculum is just so *chef’s kiss*
  • Options
    2019 tells me this is wise.....

ears were hurting bad right before intermission(if you call about 3 min intermission)

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    mickeyrat said:
    2019 tells me this is wise.....

ears were hurting bad right before intermission(if you call about 3 min intermission)

Dude they are so loud. No one hits harder than Danny. Hooker with a Penis was the loudest shit I’ve heard in a while. 
  • Options
    Nice art for tonight....
  • Options
    fucking packed at 630... doors opened at 6.

• Options
    currently in a 100 yrd long merch line.

• Options
    750 for the box set.....

• Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 176
    mickeyrat said:
    750 for the box set.....
    Do it! 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    750 for the box set.....
    Do it! 
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    Nice poster
  • Options
    I don’t think I could fully enjoy a show if I had to keep an eye on $750 worth of merchandise (could get damaged, stolen, etc.).

No worries on that front, mickey?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    hedonist said:
    I don’t think I could fully enjoy a show if I had to keep an eye on $750 worth of merchandise (could get damaged, stolen, etc.).

cant afford that shit.... I mean I love this band, but you 4 can fuck yourselves,  rich motherfuckers gouging fans like that

stacks of em at all 3 merch stands.

but I did see folks walking around with em. they are in shipping cardboard.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    bought 2 shirts for me. one for the wife. fronted my dude and his son....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

cant afford that shit.... I mean I love this band, but you 4 can fuck yourselves,  rich motherfuckers gouging fans like that.
    My husband said they seem to be on a cash-grab lately.

Et tu, Tool?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Nice poster

sold out along with the city shirt, which was the poster image and city/date across the shoulders. zoom in on the middle image.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,096
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

cant afford that shit.... I mean I love this band, but you 4 can fuck yourselves,  rich motherfuckers gouging fans like that.

Et tu, Tool?
    Eh...given what a Tool signed vinyl will go for on the secondary market, I'd rather see that money go to the band at least. As we here are all well aware, blame the crazy fans if anyone. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

Et tu, Tool?
    Eh...given what a Tool signed vinyl will go for on the secondary market, I'd rather see that money go to the band at least. As we here are all well aware, blame the crazy fans if anyone. 
    True on your last sentence. “If you put it out there, crazy fans will buy!” Certainly a market for that.  
  • Options
    opiate/the patient set

• Options
    32 minutes from show end and bows to parked in my driveway......

• Options

• Options