Tool

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Since the Puscifer thread is years old, thought I'd put this here.

We have a baby one-piece (never worn!) we're going to toss unless someone wants it. If that someone is YOU - and you live in the states - please pm me and I'll send it off.  Keeping it for a couple days more.

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Rance Q Spartley is mentioned whenever Tool are about to announce a tour. Hoping this doesn't mean Tool are stopping touring.

Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Rance Q Spartley is mentioned whenever Tool are about to announce a tour. Hoping this doesn't mean Tool are stopping touring.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Maynard’s contracting the virus again. 
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Maynard will definitely tour with Puscifer for a while before another Tool tour
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

That's what I'm worried about. 

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

I wish he would elaborate more on the experience.... whether on Rogan, or in a blog or whatever... I know it's not his style to be that open, but clearly this second round was worst than the first. 
  • hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

I wish he would elaborate more on the experience.... whether on Rogan, or in a blog or whatever... I know it's not his style to be that open, but clearly this second round was worst than the first. 
    Dude should play the lottery...

Who gets it twice?  Dear lord.

I have no idea what Q Spartley is?  Does anyone else know?  Pseudonym for what?
  • hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

& based on his lifestyle & the amount that he trains, we can assume he's in pretty good health too. 
  • hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

& based on his lifestyle & the amount that he trains, we can assume he's in pretty good health too. 
    He did have a hip replacement so maybe that compromised him some?
    hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

Agreed, though he looked kinda peaked when I saw him on Rogan after the first time he got it. Now twice that? Holy hell. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    anyone iso of this and has 699 burning a hole in your pocket? Artist has one FS. What a show with King Crimson! I wuzn't there...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Took a gamble on this vinyl this week... I know it’s a bootleg, but I’m hoping the fact that Puscifer’s online store is selling it means it isn’t terrible. 

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    I really wish they'd do an official vinyl release of both Fear Inoculum and 10,000 Days. I really don't get why this hasn't happened.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Edved82 said:
    I really wish they'd do an official vinyl release of both Fear Inoculum and 10,000 Days. I really don't get why this hasn't happened.

need lateralus and aenima too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    mickeyrat said:
    Edved82 said:

There's a Lateralus release out there at least - not sure if it's official or not. I don't really understand their reluctance to release vinyls although it's probably for the same reasons they apparently didn't do streaming for so long. They don't seem to communicate too well as a group of people :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Edved82 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Edved82 said:

There's a Lateralus release out there at least - not sure if it's official or not. I don't really understand their reluctance to release vinyls although it's probably for the same reasons they apparently didn't do streaming for so long. They don't seem to communicate too well as a group of people :D

I think that picture disc has a muted quality to the sound.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Yeah the sound of the Lateralus vinyl is shithouse. Ænima was on vinyl but has been out of print for so long that OG vinyl goes for like a kidney. Apparently there has been a test pressing for 10KD but nothing has come of it.

www.tooltourshop.com has some FI shirts on sale just FYI.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Yeah the sound of the Lateralus vinyl is shithouse. Ænima was on vinyl but has been out of print for so long that OG vinyl goes for like a kidney. Apparently there has been a test pressing for 10KD but nothing has come of it.

Even open and well-played?

I did a VIP in November of ‘19 & specifically asked Adam about vinyl rereleases. He told me they were waiting on Danny to proof / prove it. 

Whatever the f that means. 
    I did a VIP in November of ‘19 & specifically asked Adam about vinyl rereleases. He told me they were waiting on Danny to proof / prove it. 

Whatever the f that means. 
    Someone needs to light a fire under Mr. Carey’s ass. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

Looks like the bootleg?
    hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

Looks like the bootleg?
    No, real deal. That’s what my husband says, anyway. 
    edited March 2021
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    JT167846 said:

Looks like the bootleg?
    No, real deal. That’s what my husband says, anyway. 
    That cover should be lenticular if it is real.

Edit.  That's the CD I'm thinking of.  Now I need to go home and look at mine...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Vinyl isn’t lenticular. Most bootlegs I’ve just have paper sleeves instead of album art inners
    I can’t seem to grasp the concept of lenticular! This has the proper shit, I believe.

hedonist said:
    I can’t seem to grasp the concept of lenticular! This has the proper shit, I believe.

That;s the real deal.

The cd has a lenticular cover.  The tv screen moves and inside the double jointed guy bobs up and down.
    hedonist said:

Wow... I've never seen that expanded artwork (the right side that is). 

I remember in the late '90s there was a Tool tapestry or banner w/ just the two top left cherubs... I regret not buying it every time I see this image. 
    Just so you know lads there's a countdown on the official store page and a field where you can join a mailing list. Apparently the Tool Army guys got a "New Everything" notice. Suspect dribs and drabs but "Everything" to me includes vinyl and DVD. They did put some tour merch on sale a few weeks ago and I just got a raglan I ordered today. Exciting? Possibly, but we all know the announcements from these guys can often be somewhat underwhelming. 

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    JT167846 said:
    Just so you know lads there's a countdown on the official store page and a field where you can join a mailing list. Apparently the Tool Army guys got a "New Everything" notice. Suspect dribs and drabs but "Everything" to me includes vinyl and DVD. They did put some tour merch on sale a few weeks ago and I just got a raglan I ordered today. Exciting? Possibly, but we all know the announcements from these guys can often be somewhat underwhelming. 
    Yeah, its just a bunch of new tees, masks, shot glasses, etc. No vinyl unfortunately.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20