Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    23scidoo said:
    I saw that last night. What a time to be alive. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    All is quiet on the tool thread...

are we all putting an embargo on any further information!? 

Is there any new information out there to be shared?

Nothing more really has happened. Album reviews are out. Unless they announce the real CD/LP pre-order or a tour, seems like that is it till next Friday. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; I don't expect too much for the next week.

I was on Toolband.com this morning, and had a good laugh seeing all the people who joined Toolarmy in the last few months complaining about the website & shitty fanclub service.

Welcome to the party, pal.

The website would never let me post anything on it so how the hell did nubbiest get to write comments?!?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510

Enjoy those first listens, people.

I'll meet you on the other side.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    After 13 years, I can wait til Friday and buy it legally. Glad that everyone likes it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907
    Can't get enough of 7empest. My God it's the greatest!!! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I saw that last night. What a time to be alive. 

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Any link for lyrics??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Are you guys listening to leaked sources or what?  If so, you should be ashamed of yourselves, tsk tsk!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    13 years. what's one more week. I'll wait till it starts to download thursday night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    13 years. what's one more week. I'll wait till it starts to download thursday night. 
    Where did you pre-order?  I went with Google Play since it was cheaper & higher bitrate.  Do they auto download?
  • Options
    itunes. it will download to my phone as soon as it's available. including the bonus tracks. release day is friday, but usually new releases show up later thursday night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    I’m listening to the new album right now absolutely incredible!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    I'm waiting till Friday arvo. Have a couple of cousins who are Tool freaks as well so we're going to one's house with some Panhead XPA, some Hell Pizza and a kickarse stereo system. Though it could be a shambles as we're all gloriously old school and don't stream plus our iTunes is screwed LOL. Free Spotify should be fine if we download it shouldn't it? 😂😂😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    I'm changing my tune, a full 180. wife and kids out of town for a few days. I wanna light one up and crank this mutha! someone help a brutha out! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I'm changing my tune, a full 180. wife and kids out of town for a few days. I wanna light one up and crank this mutha! someone help a brutha out! 
    Light one for me. Going to wait till Friday night. Don’t wanna listen at work. I only wear one AirPod at a time and wanna be able to concentrate on what is going to happen. Plus I will be stoned. Edibles and vape pen for me. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    thanks for all the help folks! can't wait to listen to this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited August 2019
    Light one for me. Going to wait till Friday night. Don’t wanna listen at work. I only wear one AirPod at a time and wanna be able to concentrate on what is going to happen. Plus I will be stoned. Edibles and vape pen for me. 
    Currently on Listen #3. What I'll say about Tool is that they're unique to me because of their blend of sophisticated heavy metal, tribal sounds, innovation, and primal energy. For the most part, I miss the primal energy on this latest effort.

Edit: And then there's Tempest. Stunning.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    I'm totally going to be like Renton in Trainspotting, having rehabbed then his mates make him try the heroin to make sure it's any good.

My guess is halfway through Pneuma I'll be moaning "OH IT'S GOOD! IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD!"
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    7empest..what a master piece!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I could use some help too. Not too computer savvy.

#FHP
  • Options
     =) 

• Options
    demetrios said:
     =) 

Hey Demetrios, are you a Prime member? I pre ordered from Amazon.ca but I am not a Prime member. I'm starting to think I won't get the CD unless I join Prime?

• Options
    demetrios said:
     =) 

Hey Demetrios, are you a Prime member? I pre ordered from Amazon.ca but I am not a Prime member. I'm starting to think I won't get the CD unless I join Prime?

I'm a prime member. Anyone can buy the CD. You don't have to be a Prime member. Being a Prime member I will get this CD in 2 business day's, free shipping. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios said:
     =) 

You gonna do an unboxing vid?

• Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
     =) 

I'm a prime member. Anyone can buy the CD. You don't have to be a Prime member. Being a Prime member I will get this CD in 2 business day's, free shipping. That's pretty much it.
    I know anyone can buy the CD. I'm worried I might not get it because I have pre ordered limited vinyl from amazon and not received it. When I called to find out why they never shipped my item, I was told that they ship to Prime members first, and that after shipping to Prime members there was no stock left.

• Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
     =) 

I know anyone can buy the CD. I'm worried I might not get it because I have pre ordered limited vinyl from amazon and not received it. When I called to find out why they never shipped my item, I was told that they ship to Prime members first, and that after shipping to Prime members there was no stock left.

Oh wow! I didn't know about that. 

The CD is still available for pre order. Hasn't sold out yet so you should be good. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
     =) 

Oh wow! I didn't know about that. 

The CD is still available for pre order. Hasn't sold out yet so you should be good. 
    Fingers and toes crossed!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So, as we approach release day, the last album on my weekly album listen is Undertow.  And what I've discovered is... it's been a loooooooong fucking time since I listened to Undertow.  How long, you say?  Well, I completely forgot about Hank appearing on Bottom! That's how long.
    Tool has really come a long way since the beginning.  I love Undertow, don't get me wrong, but this album isn't quite as deep, technical, or introspective as albums to follow.  But it still is all those things and I love it.  I really enjoy the brevity and simplicity as it lends me to see just how much they've grown over the years.  They're unconventional, challenging, and thought-provoking with their music. For the lack of a bettter word, Undertow is like the juvenile that someone believed in and pushed them to do even bigger, better things. (Channeling my inner-Saban here.) And they became one of the biggest hard rock/metal/whatever you wanna call them bands in the world. I compare my views, ideals, and thoughts around 1993 and see where I am now, and it's sort of a congruent growth. It's like watching a child maturing into a strong, unapologetic adult.  It's part of the reason I saved it for the last week of my 4 week lead-in.  Compare the oldest to the newest as both are fresh in the mind and ear to really see how they've progressed.
    I took Friday off.  Looking forward to midnight!!!

Also, who else is awesome enough to do this?

Post edited by HesCalledDyer on