Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    edited August 2019
    Found this on Fourtheye. I love crazy young Maynard. Listen to those screams, the crazed dancing...I love all of it. For that same time period, and the other thread about Nirvana vs every other music early 90's....Tool doesn't sound like anything I can remember. They really stood out for that time period. At least for me they did. And seeing this video proves it even more to me. Finally, look at Danny's drum set....aww, ain't that cute. I was at Red Rocks when they revealed that monstrosity he sits behind now. Incredible set for a top drummer.

https://youtu.be/hGgRUKtB7GU
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    24/96 single and album preorder is up at Qobuz now.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/fear-inoculum-tool/e1zvrby3z03ob

I am wired and fading...
  • APC is my jam, but this "Fear Inoculum" has got me rehooked. Didn't realize how much I missed Tool.
    Anyone saying "it's my jam" is out of touch...  But I'm glad you miss tool.
     :) 
    Ha. Dang it. How about totes amaz-balls then. B)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I listened to The Patient on my walk earlier.

For me, that song initially came in the midst of my and my (now) husband's long-distance relationship and how it was driving us nuts.  But we knew that with time, and patience, the rewards were there for the reaping.  Perhaps ironic and sad to say, 9/11 accelerated his cross-country move out here.

Funny (?) aside - our wedding anniversary is 9/11/13.

This time though, this morning, it was more personal - about pushing myself.  The drudgery of doing what I need to regain strength, much as I despise it sometimes, is necessary.  Fucking patience, again.

(my husband and I occasionally say "I still may" to the other ;) )
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Three days into my 10,000 Days constant car rotation and I don't know if I'm gonna make it to Friday before just switching to Undertow until release day.  I still cannot get into that album.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    Three days into my 10,000 Days constant car rotation and I don't know if I'm gonna make it to Friday before just switching to Undertow until release day.  I still cannot get into that album.

Cant get into 10000 Days? Wow. Maybe it's the atmosphere of driving?

Jambi and Right in Two are off the charts incredible imo. Gonna get the good headphones now, thanks to you!
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 796
    I can't get into the Wings/10000 Days nor Intension. Rest is awesome. Rosetta Stoned is probably in my top 3 Tool tunes.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,884
    JT167846 said:
    I can't get into the Wings/10000 Days nor Intension. Rest is awesome. Rosetta Stoned is probably in my top 3 Tool tunes.
    Rosetta Stoned = epic! Yeah top 3 for sure! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    That is whats great about Music, I'll take 10,000 days over undertow everytime. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited August 2019

I love 10K days, but it's easily my least favorite of the albums. (not a knock on 10k days at all... the bar's set incredibly high here)

I'm in the office on my second play through of Undertow at this very moment... 25 years later & it sounds as amazing now as it did when I was first listening to it driving to high school circa '94.

10 days folks... only 10 days.

Does anyone have anything planned for their first listen? I've held off on listening to Invincible & Fear Inoculum, so with the exception of Descending, it will be a brand new experience for me, I'm pretty excited.

I have a little bit of 'cybin I've been saving for a rainy day... I'm thinking of scheduling a few hours of alone time Friday or Saturday night to have one hell of an experience for my first couple of listens.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on

Cant get into 10000 Days? Wow. Maybe it's the atmosphere of driving?

Jambi and Right in Two are off the charts incredible imo. Gonna get the good headphones now, thanks to you!
    Jambi is great!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I love 10K days, but it's easily my least favorite of the albums. (not a knock on 10k days at all... the bar's set incredibly high here)

I'm in the office on my second play through of Undertow at this very moment... 25 years later & it sounds as amazing now as it did when I was first listening to it driving to high school circa '94.

Does anyone have anything planned for their first listen? I've held off on listening to Invincible & Fear Inoculum, so with the exception of Descending, it will be a brand new experience for me, I'm pretty excited.

I have a little bit of 'cybin I've been saving for a rainy day... I'm thinking of scheduling a few hours of alone time Friday or Saturday night to have one hell of an experience for my first couple of listens.

where have you heard anything other than Fear Inoculum?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

where have you heard anything other than Fear Inoculum?
    The live versions of Invincible and Descending on youtube from this summers tours. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Man, I need this thing to leak but I doubt it will!  After a VERY slow year, this album kicks off an incredible month of releases for me!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    edited August 2019
    Man, I need this thing to leak but I doubt it will!  After a VERY slow year, this album kicks off an incredible month of releases for me!

I am guessing it leaks a couple of days before release since retailers will have it delivered to their story by then. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    Nice I am so pumped to hear 7empest. I am tempted to jump right to it but I know I should probably listen to the album in order. 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 796
    Me too. From what I read it's the only song where Maynard uses more aggressive raspy Tool like vocals which I love. He doesn't have to scream for me I love that approach way more.

People were intimating 7empest was a 20 minute epic. Looks like it's 15-16 so not much more than Third Eye-maybe people counted the segue after it.

It is strange to me how they have an affinity with closing their albums with segues and weird shit considering they have one of the most gargantuan closers in music history.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    Going to try avoiding reviews too... I really want to go into this with my mind as open & my expectations as minimal as possible. 
    Going to try avoiding reviews too... I really want to go into this with my mind as open & my expectations as minimal as possible. 
    Same. I should probably quit visiting this thread now that the time is nigh.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Same. I have not listened to the first song released the other week since. Want to keep it fresh.

Still no word of a standard CD release?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    Same. I have not listened to the first song released the other week since. Want to keep it fresh.

And no word of a tour to complement their album release. 

What is it with 90s hard rock bands?? 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,040

There was a link to a retailer a page or two back that made it sound like vinyl and a standard cd would be coming in the next couple months. 

Haha, I've been toying with the same idea.

There haven't been too many spoilers here though, and I've been avoiding the comments talking about the new single. I don't want any reviews to form any expectations in my head.

9 days left people!!!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:

There was a link to a retailer a page or two back that made it sound like vinyl and a standard cd would be coming in the next couple months. 
    yeah I thought the cd was being released in november?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,884
    All is quiet on the tool thread...

are we all putting an embargo on any further information!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    All is quiet on the tool thread...

are we all putting an embargo on any further information!? 

Is there any new information out there to be shared?