Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited August 2019
    Like the new song a lot after 2 listens. Can't wait to hear the rest. Avoided the other two on you tube until I can hear them for real. Hopefully the normal CD/Downloads are up soon for pre-order. The screen CD does look cool. Just not $45 cool.   
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    pjl44 said:

“Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award® winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-orders for both the special package and digital downloads are available NOW. The 85-minute collection was produced by TOOL, with Joe Barresi engineering and mixing the release."

Typical arrogant Maynard. :D

Sure Adam conceived and directed it but I heard he only wanted to charge 10 bucks and Arrogant Maynard said no, 45 bucks
    Typical Arrogant Maynard. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    Not sure if this is real or not.

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Like the new song a lot after 2 listens. Can't wait to hear the rest. Avoided the other two on you tube until I can hear them for real. Hopefully the normal CD/Downloads are up soon for pre-order. The screen CD does look cool. Just not $45 cool.   
    Ho. ly. Shit.  First listen.  They have taken there game yet another level! I love the restraint.  there were so many opportunities to go for the HAMMER with a big "chorus" or a "classic Tool breakdown" but they kept it moving forward with great lyrics and virtuoso musicianship (like always) while keeping some of the classic signatures. about to spin a second time. Cant wait for this album!!!!   
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited August 2019
    Long overdue, Maynard is just messing with you all. It’s is all of the the same old tool tricks over, and over again.... kind of a stale formula if you ask me.... I guess we will have to see what’s up with the remainder  of the songs on the new album.... but consider me unimpressed with this first song 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Long overdue, Maynard is just messing with you all. It’s is all of the the same old tool tricks over, and over again.... kind of a stale formula if you ask me.... I guess we will have to see what’s up with the remainder  of the songs on the new album.... but consider me unimpressed with this first song 
    If by "the same old tool tricks" you mean same level of craftsmanship on all fronts, then yes - agreed!
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Listened twice on my phone and thought it was ok. Listened to it through the stereo and was blown away. Also the price has dropped on Amazon. Can't wait to hear the entire album.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    This is a Dutch website that hasn’t taken down a preorder for the vinyl and states the entire catalogue on vinyl is coming...says release date for new vinyl is August 30.

https://www.hoeshop.nl/a-56948912/welkom/tool-fear-inoculum-lp-versie/#description
    Yea, i checked with my local store and they confirmed they have an order in for the vinyl.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Love it & cant wait for the full album!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    That’s Australian, not US dollars.
  • Options
    Yes I know. That's the retailer I buy my CDs from. No way am I paying that much.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yes I know. That's the retailer I buy my CDs from. No way am I paying that much.
    200 AUS dollars in Sweden :)

Look on the bright side
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm going with iTunes. Prefer the physical copy but no way I can afford that, even if I could I wouldn't buy it. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    mp3 providers and their quality, at least for the new single:

Google Play is mp3 320 kb/s
    Amazon is mp3 268 kb/s (VBR)
    iTunes is AAC 256 kb/s
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mp3 providers and their quality, at least for the new single:

Google Play is mp3 320 kb/s
    Amazon is mp3 268 kb/s (VBR)
    iTunes is AAC 256 kb/s
    Tidal claims lossless CD quality on their HiFi setting so I should be getting it at 16bit/44.1Hz Flac. The instruments sound awesome.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    I seriously need to get my music all in one spot...  Time to buy a media player.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Epic!!..sounds so Lateralus to me and i love it..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Epic!!..sounds so Lateralus to me and i love it..
    I do too.
    Really good song.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I’m hearing some gripes about MJK’s delivery on this. I dig it and think it’s probably the only aspect of the song that has shown any real progression since the last album. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    DewieCox said:
    I’m hearing some gripes about MJK’s delivery on this. I dig it and think it’s probably the only aspect of the song that has shown any real progression since the last album. 
    What is the griping about?
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    pjl44 said:
    DewieCox said:
    What is the griping about?
    His vocal styling/delivery on the track I would assume. Personally, I really like the song. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to when this ships and the thread turns into Canadians comparing customs fees for a week
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    pjl44 said:
    Looking forward to when this ships and the thread turns into Canadians comparing customs fees for a week

• Options
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:

It's the best because it's like clockwork. "$17 here in Kitchener!" Canadians LOVE talking about postage. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    pjl44 said:

“Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award® winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-orders for both the special package and digital downloads are available NOW. The 85-minute collection was produced by TOOL, with Joe Barresi engineering and mixing the release."

Typical arrogant Maynard. :D

Sure Adam conceived and directed it but I heard he only wanted to charge 10 bucks and Arrogant Maynard said no, 45 bucks

Its 10 bucks for the gold CD for fans that joined the TOOL Fan Club back in the 90s. For us fools with a high number its $45 for the plastic CD.

• Options
    I wondered about that since it said Limited Edition in the description. Curious about what the list of retailers was.