Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    obviously yall havent seen what comes with the cd,
    "Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card."

totally worth it

I'm all in on the 36 page booklet, but I couldn't care less about the rest, TBH. I loved the album artwork up until 10K days, those goggles were a bit much.

Aenima with the lenticular (?) cover with interchangeable images as well as Lateralus with the layers of the body removing with each page turned were fantastic.

Those goggles jumped the shark though.

Now an album with a screen and a rechargeable cord feels gimmicky AF. I'll probably buy it, I love supporting their art, especially since no one makes music like they do, but come on... I'll look at that CD once or twice and then put it in the attic with the rest of my CD collection.

Side Note: I love how Maynard is always the one blamed for the arrogant bullshit. Isn't Adam Jones more involved in the packaging / artwork / art direction for the band? Why doesn't he catch any shit for it?

I don't deny that Maynard comes off as arrogant AF, but I'm pretty sure the whole band is in on this shit, it isn't just one guy making these decisions.

Whatever.... white knight rant over.

• Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    I have no problem with the price. If I did I just wouldn't buy it. I spent more than that on bootleg cds back in the day. 

I wonder how many complaining about the price spend hundreds on postere and "original pressing" vinyl. 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I love to see people here complain about the cd version like your being forced to buy it. If you want it, great. If you don’t, great. It’s not like the cd version is the only way to hear the album. At least they put effort into their releases instead of the normal. But then some would bitch that they just put out a normal cd. Enjoy the music. Use your dollar the way you want. 

That being said. Who buys cds anymore. I want the vinyl please. Already have it pre downloaded on my Apple Music. Can’t wait. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    attitude came when you are saying "bullshit" and "fucking arrogant" and to think mjk is arrogant with this packaging
    How is saying "bullshit" in that context attitude?  And those comments weren't directed at you, but when you say "not that hard to comprehend" that is directed at me. So yes, attitude.  And by the way, speaking of not hard to comprehend, if you read my posts, you'd see I already said I was going to buy digital because this is too much for a CD.  You also took time to describe what came with it even though I already asked if there was a CD without all the bullshit (sorry) extra fluff.
    Christ you cant even ask a fucking simple question around here anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I have no problem with the price. If I did I just wouldn't buy it. I spent more than that on bootleg cds back in the day. 

I wonder how many complaining about the price spend hundreds on postere and "original pressing" vinyl. 

I'm not so much upset with the price as I am with the gimmicky bs.

Edit: & upset isn't even the word for it, 'over it' would be more appropriate.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 641
    attitude came when you are saying "bullshit" and "fucking arrogant" and to think mjk is arrogant with this packaging
    How is saying "bullshit" in that context attitude?  And those comments weren't directed at you, but when you say "not that hard to comprehend" that is directed at me. So yes, attitude.  And by the way, speaking of not hard to comprehend, if you read my posts, you'd see I already said I was going to buy digital because this is too much for a CD.  You also took time to describe what came with it even though I already asked if there was a CD without all the bullshit (sorry) extra fluff.
    i understand what you are saying. when your post if full of swearing (im no prude i dont care) but you come off as having attitude yourself, aggressive, or even possibly misunderstood. thats all.
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    so after 5+ listens i'm really digging the new track.  can't wait to hear the album in it's entirety and get some tour dates.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    It's their art and I appreciate the detail and quality they put in to their releases. It's clear they feel listening to their music should be an experience, both visual and auditory.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    i understand what you are saying. when your post if full of swearing (im no prude i dont care) but you come off as having attitude yourself, aggressive, or even possibly misunderstood. thats all.
    No worries man.  I curse like a sailor. It is both my greatest feature and biggest downfall.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Save Who said:
    so after 5+ listens i'm really digging the new track.  can't wait to hear the album in it's entirety and get some tour dates.
    I have listened once and I am not in the best scenario for it, the desk of my office, so I will need to digest this further at home.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    edited August 2019
    This is a Dutch website that hasn’t taken down a preorder for the vinyl and states the entire catalogue on vinyl is coming...says release date for new vinyl is August 30.

https://www.hoeshop.nl/a-56948912/welkom/tool-fear-inoculum-lp-versie/#description
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 641
    from what i read, a US vinyl preorder is coming... in a few days? it may not be received by the public on the 30th, but it will come
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    edited August 2019
    I’m sure the vinyl is inevitable 
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    Save Who said:
    I have listened once and I am not in the best scenario for it, the desk of my office, so I will need to digest this further at home.
    Yeah, I'm in my office too with headphones one.  Like you said not the best place to take it in, but it will do for now.  I was really expecting the song to "kick in" sooner, but last 1.5 minutes is time to crank the volume up!  

Great news on the vinyl, can't wait to give that a spin.  
  • Options
    This is a Dutch website that hasn’t taken down a preorder for the vinyl and states the entire catalogue on vinyl is coming...says release date for new vinyl is August 30.

https://www.hoeshop.nl/a-56948912/welkom/tool-fear-inoculum-lp-versie/#description

Beautiful.
  • Options
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    The new track is bad ass.  Like 13 years dormant and they drop a fuckin GEM. The final 3 minutes are  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I felt like I had heard a similar vocal delivery as near the end of the new track so I checked back on 10000 Days and it was during Jambi right before the breakdown. Albeit, those vocals were delivered with much more intensity. The drums at the end are also reminiscent of the end of Euology. This is what I get for listening to all of my Tool albums in the last week. I can here the influence and progression from their past albums. Someone else mentioned Reflection, and I think that is a pretty good comparison in the tone. I feel like this song is the build up because it never quite gets there for me, which makes me think the next track on the album will be more powerful. This is one of those rare instances where it would be best to just experience the entire album and not pull a track here or there, especially considering how the album has been described.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Vinyl will suit me just fine!
    The vinyl will come with a 36” HD screen and 2 24” Bluetooth speakers. Should cost a little under $500
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    The vinyl will come with a 36” HD screen and 2 24” Bluetooth speakers. Should cost a little under $500
    Don't forget the portable turntable!
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    tbergs said:
    RS151862 said:
    Pretty sure that’s only with the deluxe marbled vinyl edition. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    tbergs said:
    RS151862 said:
    Pretty sure that’s only with the deluxe marbled vinyl edition. 
    Marbled with smashed grapes from the vineyard.  Now I might just pay a premium for that, lol!
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    9th listen. I like the intro and how the drums build. Dig the whispered lyrics at about 3 1/2 leading to the drum solo at 4 1/2, Lead guitar at the end is great but would like to have a bit more mixed in there. Pretty typical Tool song. I like it.
    #FHP
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    RS151862 said:
    No cable tho?
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Loving this one, the musicianship is jaw-dropping.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    obviously yall havent seen what comes with the cd,
    "Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card."

totally worth it
    A-fucking-men.  The artwork is always spot-on, too.

Gave a listen this morning but need to go back for another gobble of it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    tbergs said:
    It's their art and I appreciate the detail and quality they put in to their releases. It's clear they feel listening to their music should be an experience, both visual and auditory.
    Succinct and right on :clap:
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    edited August 2019
    Local record store just posted that the CD contains 79 minutes of music.  It comes with a download code that contains 89 minutes of music (10 which is not available on the CD).  

Vinyl should be available later in the fall.
    Post edited by BrainOfJHA on
  • Options

“Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award® winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-orders for both the special package and digital downloads are available NOW. The 85-minute collection was produced by TOOL, with Joe Barresi engineering and mixing the release."

Typical arrogant Maynard. :D

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410

“Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award® winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-orders for both the special package and digital downloads are available NOW. The 85-minute collection was produced by TOOL, with Joe Barresi engineering and mixing the release."

Typical arrogant Maynard. :D

Sure Adam conceived and directed it but I heard he only wanted to charge 10 bucks and Arrogant Maynard said no, 45 bucks