Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    demetrios said:
    All albums now available in 24Bit 96kHz Flac-HD. Was hoping for 24Bit 129kHz.
    It appears that Salival is not included in this. Still awesome to see this now:

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    since when is that the art for Opiate?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    demetrios said:
    All albums now available in 24Bit 96kHz Flac-HD. Was hoping for 24Bit 129kHz.
    It appears that Salival is not included in this. Still awesome to see this now:

not surprising Salival isn't on there. maybe something to do with the Zep cover?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516

They did an anniversary / deluxe CD reissue of Opiate a few years back. It came in a cool sleeve signed by the band with a bunch of extra crap included.

It was cool, but not $150.00 cool.

• Options

They did an anniversary / deluxe CD reissue of Opiate a few years back. It came in a cool sleeve signed by the band with a bunch of extra crap included.

man, it's surprising to see them jump on the fleece-your-fans bandwagon. i was surprised they had a signed version of the show poster in winnipeg that was $100. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081

man, it's surprising to see them jump on the fleece-your-fans bandwagon. i was surprised they had a signed version of the show poster in winnipeg that was $100. 
    That's much cheaper than a signed EV poster if you can get one, right? This signed stuff sells like crazy, so I say go for it. Once you get to a certain level of success, you become an organization with more mouths to feed than just the people on stage. If that sustains jobs, sell sell sell I say.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

That's much cheaper than a signed EV poster if you can get one, right? This signed stuff sells like crazy, so I say go for it. Once you get to a certain level of success, you become an organization with more mouths to feed than just the people on stage. If that sustains jobs, sell sell sell I say.
    yeah, I have no issue with it, it just surprises me from certain artists. I felt like they had an "we wouldn't sell out" arrogance to Tool, so selling signed stuff surprised me. 

I considered buying it. I bought a signed weezer poster at the show for my daughter for her first show, so it's not below me, that's for sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:

yeah, I have no issue with it, it just surprises me from certain artists. I felt like they had an "we wouldn't sell out" arrogance to Tool, so selling signed stuff surprised me. 

I considered buying it. I bought a signed weezer poster at the show for my daughter for her first show, so it's not below me, that's for sure. 
    According to Maynard:

All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck.
    I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name.
    I sold my soul to make a record, dipshit, then you bought one.

All you read and wear or see and hear on TV is a product waiting for your fatass dirty dollar

So, shut up and buy, buy, buy my new record
    Buy, buy, buy,
    Send more money
    Fuck you, buddy.
    Fuck you, buddy
    Fuck you, buddy
    Fuck you, buddy.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:

According to Maynard:

All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fuck.
    I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name.
    I sold my soul to make a record, dipshit, then you bought one.

All you read and wear or see and hear on TV is a product waiting for your fatass dirty dollar

So, shut up and buy, buy, buy my new record
    Buy, buy, buy,
    Send more money
    Fuck you, buddy.
    Fuck you, buddy
    Fuck you, buddy
    Fuck you, buddy.
    Ha!  Love it.

The signed Puscifer poster we got at our show?  Priceless to my husband and me.

I did my morning walk to Lateralus earlier.  Struggling to get to a measly thirty fucking minutes - and hearing the screams of "spiral out, keep gooooing, spiral OUT" helped to push myself.
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 294
    It's so nice to be able to stream their catalog... long over due.  Bring on the new album!
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I LOVE TOOL!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    Gave my Undertow vinyl a spin last night.... I can’t freakin’ wait for new Tool. 
  • Options
    Gave my Undertow vinyl a spin last night.... I can’t freakin’ wait for new Tool. 
    Gave it a digital streaming spin on the way home from work yesterday. My favorite run is still Bottom - Undertow. Excellent!
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    The buildup up in Flood is fantastic. You can feel the power in the first part of that song. One of my favorites.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    It’s such a fantastic album... front to back. 
  • Options
    The buildup up in Flood is fantastic. You can feel the power in the first part of that song. One of my favorites.
    Yep, my favorite off that album. Slow build and then such a powerful ending with those drums and guitars thundering away.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,234

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    Album cover tomorrow, according to Adam. Man, they're really slow-playing this. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    tbergs said:
    Gave it a digital streaming spin on the way home from work yesterday. My favorite run is still Bottom - Undertow. Excellent!
    I like your thinking!
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Its really happening.  Hopefully tour dates soon. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    7 tracks at around 85 minutes, going to be an amazing listening experience.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
     :o 
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Can I order the vinyl yet?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    tbergs said:
    I saw/read/heard this. 85 minutes seems like a Tool album, but only seven songs?  Was thinking at least 10, at the most nine. So each song is gonna be like 13 minutes? I'll still buy it of course and I'm sure i will be phenomenal. Still just a tad disappointed in the number of songs. I mean come on they had like 13 years :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
     eeriepadave said:
    tbergs said:
    I saw/read/heard this. 85 minutes seems like a Tool album, but only seven songs?  Was thinking at least 10, at the most nine. So each song is gonna be like 13 minutes? I'll still buy it of course and I'm sure i will be phenomenal. Still just a tad disappointed in the number of songs. I mean come on they had like 13 years :wink:

Assume 2-3 filler tracks & we're talking 4/5 songs averaging 17/22 minutes.

:D

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,958
     eeriepadave said:
    tbergs said:

Epic! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
     eeriepadave said:
    tbergs said:

oh yeah forgot about their filler songs. I'm sure there will be at least one.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly