Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Hoping Tool updating all their social medical with a new logo means a pre-order soon 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Hoping Tool updating all their social medical with a new logo means a pre-order soon 

I'm desperate for the announcement of NA dates... I already have anxiety about scoring tickets. I wouldn't mind catching a couple of dates for this go around, but I'll settle for a hometown show first & foremost.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756

I'm desperate for the announcement of NA dates... I already have anxiety about scoring tickets. I wouldn't mind catching a couple of dates for this go around, but I'll settle for a hometown show first & foremost.
    So what are the rumours for shows? West coast looks like October since they have a festival booked then but who knows. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

So what are the rumours for shows? West coast looks like October since they have a festival booked then but who knows. 

IDK, I've heard nothing. I'm under the assumption that there will be a full fledged tour to support the album... hopefully that means a couple of times around North America at least over the next couple of years considering they're supporting a new album, but only time will tell.

I'm completely guessing at this point.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    PJNB said:

IDK, I've heard nothing. I'm under the assumption that there will be a full fledged tour to support the album... hopefully that means a couple of times around North America at least over the next couple of years considering they're supporting a new album, but only time will tell.

I would love something in the fall this year on the east coast. Do you or anyone know if it is worth it to join the fanclub (if there even is one) if I am just looking for tickets? I am not really familiar with how it works though in the past I do remember VIP meet and greet tickets where on sale. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I would love something in the fall this year on the east coast. Do you or anyone know if it is worth it to join the fanclub (if there even is one) if I am just looking for tickets? I am not really familiar with how it works though in the past I do remember VIP meet and greet tickets where on sale. 

I joined the fanclub 8 or 10 years ago, and I have never had an inside track to presale tickets (despite them advertising that as one of the perks). I also got in when it was a lifetime membership, I think now it's annual... long story short, I don't think it's worth it.
    The Tool army DOES have the inside track to those $500 VIP packages, but I don't think they did the VIP package for the spring tour; I'm assuming there won't be any for the next tour either.

IMO the fanclub isn't worth it at this point, but maybe someone can refute this, IDK to be honest.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I had paid $100 back in the day for the fanclub and am still waiting for a sweatshirt that was promised to me for joining.

I am also waiting for a representative of the Tool fanclub to contact me about missing sweatshirt.

Haven't seen or heard anything in 5 years now...
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I had paid $100 back in the day for the fanclub and am still waiting for a sweatshirt that was promised to me for joining.

I am also waiting for a representative of the Tool fanclub to contact me about missing sweatshirt.

Ticketmaster or secondary market it is then. Thanks for the heads up guys. Makes you happy to be apart of this club when you hear things like that from others. We have it pretty good here don't we. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

And people think Ten Club & Pearl Jam lack communication and fulfillment skills.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

And people think Ten Club & Pearl Jam lack communication and fulfillment skills.
    I don't complain about 10C.  Not happy about the xmas single but I don't complain.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Ticketmaster or secondary market it is then. Thanks for the heads up guys. Makes you happy to be apart of this club when you hear things like that from others. We have it pretty good here don't we. 

I prefer bands that release tickets to the public. If I wanted to drop $400 today on Wilco for example, I could purchase a platinum ticket for a great seat from the direct source.

Cant do that for PJ without taking out a home equity line of credit and risking secondary market issues.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Aug 30 

lets go
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166

I prefer bands that release tickets to the public. If I wanted to drop $400 today on Wilco for example, I could purchase a platinum ticket for a great seat from the direct source.

Cant do that for PJ without taking out a home equity line of credit and risking secondary market issues.
    I'm mixed on that front.  I really like what PJ did with the tickets on last years stadium tour.    The prices are still pretty low compared to what their peers are doing.   This means if they sell tickets at those lower prices there's a big incentive for resellers to do their thing.   Selling a bunch through the fan club, then a bunch through verified fan really did seem to keep the amount of tickets going to resellers down.    The only alternate way to combat that is to do what bands like GNR and Rolling Stones do.  Charge way more for tickets so the opportunity to resell isn't nearly as lucritive.  Then you do the platinum seat thing, where you hold some tickets back to charge at really high prices, so wealthy people who want to buy tickets, can at any time buy tickets for scalper like prices.

On the flip side, I've had incredibly good luck getting decent tickets to many concerts.   We're 5th row side stage for the upcoming rolling stones show.    I do seem to be able to find side stage tickets (usually from ticket drops) or GA tickets when GA is a thing.   For my non PJ shows, I do pretty good.    There was a while where I felt my 10c tickets were generally worse than what I would get when I saw other bands.  That pretty much changed when they brought in the option for GA.

In regards to getting a HeLoC for PJ tickets.  Spending $20 on a membership seems to go a long way.   If you're looking at high demand shows, where scoring a pair to a 2nd night, having your concert spouse/buddy buy a 2nd membership doesn't go awry.  Way cheaper than dealing with the secondary market :)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    from their facebook page
    No photo description available

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Holy shit.....
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I'm under the assumption that there will be a full fledged tour to support the album... hopefully that means a couple of times around North America at least over the next couple of years considering they're supporting a new album, but only time will tell.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. You'd think that they would recognize the demand for a full tour, but after only a week in Europe, Adam was posting how homesick he was, so who knows.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I'm under the assumption that there will be a full fledged tour to support the album... hopefully that means a couple of times around North America at least over the next couple of years considering they're supporting a new album, but only time will tell.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. You'd think that they would recognize the demand for a full tour, but after only a week in Europe, Adam was posting how homesick he was, so who knows.
    These guys are in their 50's now.  They don't want to tour, lol!
  • Options

I don't think it's unrealistic to think I'll have a few more shots of seeing them in North America over the next couple of years.

If I was a fan who lived on any other continent however, I wouldn't feel so confident.  

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116

These guys are in their 50's now.  They don't want to tour, lol!

That sounds familiar!

They usually bang out 18 shows at a time and are on the road around 25 days at a time. Sometimes the families will join for a portion of the tour. 

Considering there is little money from albums 25 days doesn't seem a huge price considering the financial reward. But I get it...when either me or my kid is away is I am nearly miserable. 

Tool has already done 24 shows this year so that may be it til 2020. Its unusual for a band to do all its shows BEFORE an album is released so maybe they bang out another 15 shows after the release and after harvest.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

I think they will play a lot of shows, but it will be spaced out a lot. Sort of like Metallica, will play 3-4 weeks this fall, then be off for a while. Then 3-4 weeks again in a different section of North America in the winter or early spring next year. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

I think they will play a lot of shows, but it will be spaced out a lot. Sort of like Metallica, will play 3-4 weeks this fall, then be off for a while. Then 3-4 weeks again in a different section of North America in the winter or early spring next year. 
    They will play local small venues like the Baked Potato.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

JFC, If I never see another post about Volto! @ the Baked Fuggin' Potato again in my life I would die a happy man.

• Options

JFC, If I never see another post about Volto! @ the Baked Fuggin' Potato again in my life I would die a happy man.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881

Hope so.  Would be happy to travel to see them once a leg.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    after harvest.
    It's hilarious how "well it's almost September and the grapes will need to be picked" is understood by every Tool fan discussing a tour
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

I think I would pass out if I ever met John Ziegler after seeing that name for 15 years
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Keep an eye out this weekend for the new album announcement. On Instagram and Twitter they are posting an album cover a day and are at Ænima already. That coupled with it being the end of July/start of August and record stores will have next month's releases on orders etc which will give the game away. I imagine this is the band preempting any leaks. Might not only be title, track and artwork but possibly a single as well. Fingers crossed and legs open, but this time next month we'll all (Tool fans) be pretty excited.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
     :o 
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    Keep an eye out this weekend for the new album announcement. On Instagram and Twitter they are posting an album cover a day and are at Ænima already. That coupled with it being the end of July/start of August and record stores will have next month's releases on orders etc which will give the game away. I imagine this is the band preempting any leaks. Might not only be title, track and artwork but possibly a single as well. Fingers crossed and legs open, but this time next month we'll all (Tool fans) be pretty excited.
    That is a whole lotta positivity my man!
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    That is a whole lotta positivity my man!

They're definitely gearing up / counting down to some sort of announcement or teaser in the next few days.