Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    I bought the insanely priced band signed poster from my show. I did the calculation of the gross sales based on 750 posters per show, which sold out, at least at my show: $262,500 just from posters!!!
    Their merch scene has taken on a life of its own... It was like Black Friday in Cleveland last year and totally turned me off. 

I guess they're selling doodles for $2500 or so (prints w/ added art from Adam Jones). I don't begrudge them doing that, that's what some resell for. I just can't wrap my brain around spending that much on a concert poster. 
    Misfits and Slayer I paid 150 for band signed posters and was happy to pay that.
    Faith No More in 2015, I paid $75. 

That was a steal. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    I bought the insanely priced band signed poster from my show. I did the calculation of the gross sales based on 750 posters per show, which sold out, at least at my show: $262,500 just from posters!!!
    Their merch scene has taken on a life of its own... It was like Black Friday in Cleveland last year and totally turned me off. 

I guess they're selling doodles for $2500 or so (prints w/ added art from Adam Jones). I don't begrudge them doing that, that's what some resell for. I just can't wrap my brain around spending that much on a concert poster. 
    yeah, $350 was steep to pay. Considering my band signed Blind Melon 2.0 poster cost me $15. LOL but this was Tool. And it's show specific. I'll never be able to afford a PJ one, so this is next best thing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,356
    Do you have any  pics of your $350 investment? 
  • Options
    Do you have any  pics of your $350 investment? 
    I'll take a pic and post tonight
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
    edited November 2023

Misfits and Slayer I paid 150 for band signed posters and was happy to pay that.

That was a steal. 
    I should have sprung for one. Passed on posters at show. Ended up scoring an ap variant scratch & dent for 25 bucks from nyc show. Hot! Great show too
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I think I paid $125 for a Janes Addiction signed one during the SP/JA tour last fall.  I thought that was a reasonable price.  Only band signed one I have so far.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,197

That was a steal. 
    Hell yeah. Worth every penny.

Respect on spelling Pavilion wrong too.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    pjl44 said:

That was a steal. 
    Hell yeah. Worth every penny.

Respect on spelling Pavilion wrong too.

HA - I never noticed the misspelling. I passed on this one at the show, but ended up getting a foil version from secret serpents after the fact. While on the subject, this setlist was a wet dream for me. I never thought I would hear A Small Victory or Everything's Ruined (pretty much my favorite song ever by anyone)…. Opening w/ the Real Thing, & playing Matador? Yeah… I couldn’t have asked for more out of FNM. If I never see them again, this will have been a fantastic last show to have seen. 

Back to Tool… Undertow is back on the menu after a few nights off. They closed w/ Swamp Song last night… I would really love to hear this in Boston, it’s the only song they’re playing on this tour that I have yet to see live.  
  • Options
    Finally got my crown jewel framed up w/ some accessories. 

While we're talking about signed prints... I'm speaking w/ Cam DeLeon via facebook (the artist who did the Aenima art) about getting some small smoke box prints: 
     TOOL  Aenima 1996 CD  AlbaMusic
    My plan is to get 3 of these and insert them behind the picks to increase their visibility. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
    Sigs are outstanding^^^pick scores (loved how you scored them) all came together perfectly. 
     antlers are sweet on that robotalienhumananimalcomputerthing.

Never saw tool or really listened to them. Music a bit complicated for my simple brain I guess. Then I feel like I'm getting yelled at. Feel like I'm missing out on something. I usually enjoy everything.
  • Options
    the band signed posters at the Tool show in 2013 were $100 CDN. now $350. crazy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Loujoe said:
    Sigs are outstanding^^^pick scores (loved how you scored them) all came together perfectly. 

Never saw tool or really listened to them. Music a bit complicated for my simple brain I guess. Then I feel like I'm getting yelled at. Feel like I'm missing out on something. I usually enjoy everything.
    Lol at getting yelled at. They're definitely an acquired taste... them, FNM & PJ would be my top 3 all time bands, but I also get why people DON'T get into Tool. 

If you ever have a chance to see them live, I highly recommend it... despite the huge price tag, they're one of the best live acts of our day. The light / video show is as good as it gets. & they don't have many more years left in them. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Lol at getting yelled at. They're definitely an acquired taste... them, FNM & PJ would be my top 3 all time bands, but I also get why people DON'T get into Tool. 

If you ever have a chance to see them live, I highly recommend it... despite the huge price tag, they're one of the best live acts of our day. The light / video show is as good as it gets. & they don't have many more years left in them. 
    it would be mind blowing if they played the Sphere.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Loujoe said:

I'm hoping they do some sort of short residency before all is said & done. It wouldn't go as long as U2's, but I would think they could sell out at least 6-10 shows there. 

It's a short trip from home for them (LA / Phoenix area) so I don't think it's pie in the sky thinking that it could happen... one would think Adam Jones is salivating over the idea of bringing their live show there. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,170
    Loujoe said:

I'm hoping they do some sort of short residency before all is said & done. It wouldn't go as long as U2's, but I would think they could sell out at least 6-10 shows there. 

It's a short trip from home for them (LA / Phoenix area) so I don't think it's pie in the sky thinking that it could happen... one would think Adam Jones is salivating over the idea of bringing their live show there. 

Not sure they’d sell out ten shows. Not the best comparison, but both MSG shows still have plenty of tix available and this is their first visit there since fall 2001 :( IIRC.

Those two shows sold out in minutes back then, so they are not the draw they once were, at least in NYC. They’ve only played one show in NYC in the last 15 years IIRC. The new shows will probably be close to a sell out by January, but it’s surprising sales have been so slow.
  • Options
    I think the Sphere is a different animal though. being in the biggest (or one of) tourist destination in the US, they'd sell out a residency there easily. just walk ups alone. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Not sure they’d sell out ten shows. Not the best comparison, but both MSG shows still have plenty of tix available and this is their first visit there since fall 2001 :( IIRC.

Those two shows sold out in minutes back then, so they are not the draw they once were, at least in NYC. They’ve only played one show in NYC in the last 15 years IIRC. The new shows will probably be close to a sell out by January, but it’s surprising sales have been so slow.
    I would think a lot of people who would have been all over MSG are probably coming up to Mohegan Sun next weekend... it's a holiday weekend and just a couple hours from NYC... those sold out pretty damn quickly and that's in Palookaville, CT. 

Double digit sell outs at the sphere might not happen, but I would be surprised if they couldn't bang out several at least. 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,356
    the band signed posters at the Tool show in 2013 were $100 CDN. now $350. crazy. 
    I got this ugliness when they were $100. I think it was the second show that they started doing the band signed posters. I had a couple of them that Adam put a big giant  “2009” under his sig which was lame. Totally ruined the posters. 

• Options

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,037
    Looks like their not mixing up their set list too much. also 11-12 songs? I thought they did like about 14 songs? Tix are expensive on stubhub (like a couple hundred bucks for philly, cheaper in the smaller cities though). Will probably pass on this one.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I wouldn't. it was incredible. 11-12 songs when they are 7-15 minutes in length is still awesome
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Looks like their not mixing up their set list too much. also 11-12 songs? I thought they did like about 14 songs? Tix are expensive on stubhub (like a couple hundred bucks for philly, cheaper in the smaller cities though). Will probably pass on this one.
    The setlist was enough to turn me away from seeing multiple shows, but I'm still going to catch my hometown show despite the price tag. 

While I don't think this is their last go around, I also don't think they have many years left in them... Danny will be 63 next spring. 
  • Options

This one is square, no? 24" x 24"? It's out there for sure, but not as unsightly as some of other prints they've had for shows this year. 

Congrats on getting a signed print. 
  • Options
    yes, it is 24 x 24. I wasn't huge on the art, but it's not awful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Who else got Sessanta tickets today? Very excited to see how that plays out.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    See you at the Wang. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said
    See you at the Wang. 
    Nice. Couldn't resist getting both nights. Not confident they'll change much if anything but it sounds intriguing enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said
    See you at the Wang. 
    Nice. Couldn't resist getting both nights. Not confident they'll change much if anything but it sounds intriguing enough.
    Same. 
    Maynard & Les on stage together? This is going to be great. 
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Got my Sessanta tickets for Chicago. Still plenty left a few hours later.
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    Jibiti said:
    Got my Sessanta tickets for Chicago. Still plenty left a few hours later.
    Whatd u pay?