Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,880
    edited October 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    Rosetta stoned out last night. I know it’s not their best song but I’d love to see it. As a drummer, I’d love to watch DC rip through it. It’s so difficult. There’s no way I’d go with last nights set. I hope it changes significantly for the next leg. They hit this area with this set already. 
    So early on, it looks like they’re swapping out Pushit w/ RS, and then in that slot right before the encore they’re rotating Stinkfist, 46&2 & Swamp Song. 

NGL, despite having heard it more, I would still take Pushit over RS. & I would LOVE to hear Swamp Song, but the other two songs, while great tracks & staples of their library have also been played at pretty much every show they played pre-2022; it’s kind of uninspiring that those are what’s being rotated. 
    I LOVE Pushit ..: they played both it and RS at two festivals I believe so it’s confusing that they’re rotating them. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,024
    aw435 said:
    Make sure that you're aware of their no  phone policy before you go.  I've seen stories on reddit of people being ejected from the 10/11 Salt Lake City show, without warning, for taking a picture or short video.  Some were kicked out during the first song or even the opening band.  Wait until the end because Maynard says something about photos and videos being okay for the last song.
    I would take the Reddit posts w/ a grain of salt. Tool’s been pretty up front about the zero tolerance policy for camera usage at their shows for a long time. There are usually signs everywhere, and an announcement shortly before they take the stage that violators will be ejected. 

cant speak to ejections, but he does do a final song spiel...

now I was upper bowl and took pics and video at various points throughout....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    can't believe I forgot I have Tool coming up in 13 days. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,554
    mickeyrat said:
    aw435 said:
    Make sure that you're aware of their no  phone policy before you go.  I've seen stories on reddit of people being ejected from the 10/11 Salt Lake City show, without warning, for taking a picture or short video.  Some were kicked out during the first song or even the opening band.  Wait until the end because Maynard says something about photos and videos being okay for the last song.
    I would take the Reddit posts w/ a grain of salt. Tool’s been pretty up front about the zero tolerance policy for camera usage at their shows for a long time. There are usually signs everywhere, and an announcement shortly before they take the stage that violators will be ejected. 

cant speak to ejections, but he does do a final song spiel...

now I was upper bowl and took pics and video at various points throughout....
    Yes, for sure… he tells security to stand down and allow recording for the last song of the night. This is new since APC’s 2017 tour I think. Before that there was a pretty firm zero tolerance policy. 

Seeing Puscifer in ‘16 at a theater, I checked my phone in between the opener and headliner, didn’t even hold the phone up. Had it next to my leg and an usher politely reminded me phone usage wasn’t allowed in the theater. Granted, some venues are more diligent than others, it is what it is. 
  • Options
    Looks like they're at least changing up the closer... Aenima ended the show last night, and I think 46&2 a few nights ago. 

I'll take it... I really like Invincible, but it's not a great song to close out the show, not to mention that encore needing more energy. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,954
    Looks like they're at least changing up the closer... Aenima ended the show last night, and I think 46&2 a few nights ago. 

I'll take it... I really like Invincible, but it's not a great song to close out the show, not to mention that encore needing more energy. 
    Encore def needs more than just one real song. 
  • Options
    Intolerance last night !
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,294
    nicknyr15 said:
    Intolerance last night !
    I was at the show.  Tour debut!
  • Options
    Two days in a row w/ Intolerance in there. 

I would love to hear Swamp Song, as that would be a first, but I'm sure as shit not going to complain if I get Intolerance instead. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,294

I would love to hear Swamp Song, as that would be a first, but I'm sure as shit not going to complain if I get Intolerance instead. 
    Looks like they went back to Swamp Song in Vancouver
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

Looks like they went back to Swamp Song in Vancouver
    I’ll be happy to hear anything off Undertow. 
  • Options
    LAST NIGHT'S SHOW WAS AMAZING. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    god I love the no phones rule. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Glad you enjoyed, Hugh. the Boston show can't come soon enough. 

I wonder what they'll do tomorrow night in St Paul. I'm sure the set will stay more or less the same, but they usually do something out of the norm when playing on Halloween 
  • Options
    LAST NIGHT'S SHOW WAS AMAZING. 

Rosetta and 46&2?  Damnit son!
  • Options

I wonder what they'll do tomorrow night in St Paul. I'm sure the set will stay more or less the same, but they usually do something out of the norm when playing on Halloween 
    I seen them
    open with cold and ugly on Halloween! Who knows what year that was but I’m pretty sure I was at Nassau coliseum. 
  • Options
    I've only seen them twice. only two repeats between those two shows. This was 2010:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them
    open with cold and ugly on Halloween! Who knows what year that was but I’m pretty sure I was at Nassau coliseum. 
    2015 Halloween show... they came out dressed as Zep & opened w/ No Quarter. 

Easily one of my fondest memories from any show ever. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

that's amazing
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

that's amazing
    It really was... just hearing that song in that moment was surreal... I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see that live. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

That’s hilarious because them opening up with cold and ugly is also forever embedded in my brain. As soon as it started people were rushing the GA from the seats! It was nuts 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

That’s hilarious because them opening up with cold and ugly is also forever embedded in my brain. As soon as it started people were rushing the GA from the seats! It was nuts 
    Awesome. I would love to hear C&U live. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

Yeah I think ive heard only 2 songs off of Opiate live and that's not one of them, lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I seen them

Yeah I think ive heard only 2 songs off of Opiate live and that's not one of them, lol.
    Same... for a long time Opiate was the only track I heard from it until they brought Sweat back into the rotation in '17. 

That was fantastic, and pretty much my last white whale for these guys, Sure, I would love to hear anything else from Opiate, or Jimmy, or 4 Degrees... but I'm not holding my breath for any of them. 
  • Options
    My first Tool setlist. 
  • Options
    My first Tool setlist. 
    Amazing... '97 / '98 I assume? 
  • Options
  • Options
    I bought the insanely priced band signed poster from my show. I did the calculation of the gross sales based on 750 posters per show, which sold out, at least at my show: $262,500 just from posters!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I bought the insanely priced band signed poster from my show. I did the calculation of the gross sales based on 750 posters per show, which sold out, at least at my show: $262,500 just from posters!!!
    Their merch scene has taken on a life of its own... It was like Black Friday in Cleveland last year and totally turned me off. 

I guess they're selling doodles for $2500 or so (prints w/ added art from Adam Jones). I don't begrudge them doing that, that's what some resell for. I just can't wrap my brain around spending that much on a concert poster. 
  • Options
    Their merch scene has taken on a life of its own... It was like Black Friday in Cleveland last year and totally turned me off. 

I guess they're selling doodles for $2500 or so (prints w/ added art from Adam Jones). I don't begrudge them doing that, that's what some resell for. I just can't wrap my brain around spending that much on a concert poster. 
    Misfits and Slayer I paid 150 for band signed posters and was happy to pay that.