Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    last night was just his spiked mohawk. and he was a bit chatty. ohio/michigan rivalry  talk , him being born ne oh and raised in mi . he then took off his coat to basically promote a local restaurant hot chicken takeover. good company with a mission. wore their shirt til almost intermission. he disappeared well before they left the stage.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Fucking legend doesn't miss a beat.

https://youtu.be/sUOJNbm4vBk
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    Tool is a great example for me when I think about stuff I used to really dig; I have absolutely no interest in tool anymore 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    otter said:
    Tool is a great example for me when I think about stuff I used to really dig; I have absolutely no interest in tool anymore 
    Cool
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    otter said:
    Maynard said he misses you 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Personally I wish everyone was as into Tool as I am. 

I definitely want more competition for concert tickets. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    Personally I wish everyone was as into Tool as I am. 

I definitely want more competition for concert tickets. 
    Absolutely 
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    I listened to the Opiate 2 mix and I can't think of another useless release of a song. The original is such a powerful song and this version is just lame. If they want to change up songs when playing them live, fine, but to make a big deal out of this and release all the crap around it is a total cash grab.
  • Options
    I listened to the Opiate 2 mix and I can't think of another useless release of a song. The original is such a powerful song and this version is just lame. If they want to change up songs when playing them live, fine, but to make a big deal out of this and release all the crap around it is a total cash grab.
    I agree... I LOVED the extended Opiate when I heard it live in '15 & '17... like extended Stinkfist & Schism, it's a nice change from the same old versions for the live shows. 

After listening to the studio version though, I'm pretty glad I didn't bother ordering it. 

I'm not a big fan of the remixes or reimagining of songs in general... had they released this on a live album, like they did w/ Salival Pushit I would definitely enjoy it more, but I won't be buying this new release. (I won't buy it for the video alone, there's only so many times I'll watch that.) 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Thought I'd add to the poster wankery. Had this sitting for a couple of years and the missus said she'd get it framed as a birthday present. Came out better than I hoped-beyond stoked. Plus I actually have approval to hang it haha. Very rare.

Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    Thought I'd add to the poster wankery. Had this sitting for a couple of years and the missus said she'd get it framed as a birthday present. Came out better than I hoped-beyond stoked. Plus I actually have approval to hang it haha. Very rare.

That poster is sick, and the mrs. did a nice job w/ the frame & matte. 

Well done. 

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    otter said:
    Very interesting perspective.  And i respect it!  However, speaking for myself.  Tool is one of the few "older/legacy" bands i've actually gained more and more interest in over the years.  Of all the band's iv'e been into the last 30-40 years,  they're the one that contiunues to challenge and amaze me every time i listen to, or see live.  But thats just me. 

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited March 2022
    Anyone else see them last night at the United Center? Great show, loud as hell though, should have brought some earplugs. Also, MJK was not talkative at all - even more quiet than his usual self. He said a few words the entire show.
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mr bungle said:
    otter said:
    Very interesting perspective.  And i respect it!  However, speaking for myself.  Tool is one of the few "older/legacy" bands i've actually gained more and more interest in over the years.  Of all the band's iv'e been into the last 30-40 years,  they're the one that contiunues to challenge and amaze me every time i listen to, or see live.  But thats just me. 

Me too. I listen to them more now than I ever have. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    I have one CD I picked from my buds dumpster when he was moving. I forget which one. Music that can aggravate you to your soul. Oddly calming at times too. Crazy stuff. A complicated listen where the intended simultanious attraction/repulsion is evident.
    I'm so darn eloquent. Must be wordl.
  • Options
    mschostok said:
    Anyone else see them last night at the United Center? Great show, loud as hell though, should have brought some earplugs. Also, MJK was not talkative at all - even more quiet than his usual self. He said a few words the entire show.

veritible chatty cathy in columbus last sunday.... at least early, then of course the closing speech about recording.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Nice, thanks for posting... I know what I'll be listening to on my commute home tonight.

The few vinyl guide episodes I've listened to were very enjoyable... I suppose it depends on the guests, but the host is pretty good - he definitely does some homework pre-interview, and he's had some guests who I really enjoyed hearing him interview (Billy Gould, Trey Spruance, Billy Howerdel, Dave Lombardo, & Greg Werkman among others... I think this might be his second time having Mackie Osborne on there too) 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    It was a cool interview and she did mention their plans to reissue (or in some cases just issue) the whole vinyl catalogue. Salival had specific mention which was encouraging as even though it'd probably be the last thing reissued I'd take it whenever (basically as my signed VHS copy turned green from my Dad having it in his attic for 15 years). What was weird though is there is no mention of Litanie Contre la Peur being excluded on the vinyl. With 5 LPs it's not like lack of space is the issue.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    It was a cool interview and she did mention their plans to reissue (or in some cases just issue) the whole vinyl catalogue. Salival had specific mention which was encouraging as even though it'd probably be the last thing reissued I'd take it whenever (basically as my signed VHS copy turned green from my Dad having it in his attic for 15 years). What was weird though is there is no mention of Litanie Contre la Peur being excluded on the vinyl. With 5 LPs it's not like lack of space is the issue.
    I would love Salival on vinyl, or the rest of the catalog of course, ATM I have Opiate & Undertow (FI to be added shortly). 

I found it interesting when she said they had to be discreet about the origin of the requests for quotes... if companies knew a big vinyl package / release was being requested from RCA records, they might have put 2 & 2 together to figure out it was Tool, but with her being an independent contractor, companies really had no idea from where the request was coming. I also found the difficulties they encountered with the etchings to be interesting... which seemed to surprise her as well. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I was just thinking yesterday about the name of the band.  Might be the most genius marketing gimmick in the history of band names. Perhaps the only thing that could top it would be a band named Sheep. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    edited March 2022
    I was just thinking yesterday about the name of the band.  Might be the most genius marketing gimmick in the history of band names. Perhaps the only thing that could top it would be a band named Sheep. 
    I often wonder if the band laughs at their fans wearing a shirt that says TOOL on it?!?

Edit:  Some of the fonts make it look like it says FOOL on them too.  That cracked me up.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Part of the reason I didn't want to listen to Tool's music in high school was because of their name. Then I listened to it and liked it...goddamn it.  :D
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    If you're not self conscious about the insane Alex Grey artwork you can definitely get past the name
  • Options
    Is it:

"That guy's shirt says tool hee hee"

Or

"Is that an anatomical nervous system eating a three eyed raven?"
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    I have a hat that looks like it says "fool" on it and considering what it cost it's probably appropriate
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Are they still selling merchandise outside before the shows? Driving in for tomorrows show and don't want to get there that early if I don't have to. 
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Are they still selling merchandise outside before the shows? Driving in for tomorrows show and don't want to get there that early if I don't have to. 

Yes...and getting there early is pretty much your only chance of scoring a poster.