Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 831
    I was just thinking yesterday about the name of the band.  Might be the most genius marketing gimmick in the history of band names. Perhaps the only thing that could top it would be a band named Sheep. 
    I often wonder if the band laughs at their fans wearing a shirt that says TOOL on it?!?

Edit:  Some of the fonts make it look like it says FOOL on them too.  That cracked me up.
    My cousin and I laughed at one that looked like it said Toot in Auckland 😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,937
    Are they still selling merchandise outside before the shows? Driving in for tomorrows show and don't want to get there that early if I don't have to. 

Yes...and getting there early is pretty much your only chance of scoring a poster.

outside the venue? I haven't seen that
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,486
    mickeyrat said:
    Are they still selling merchandise outside before the shows? Driving in for tomorrows show and don't want to get there that early if I don't have to. 

Yes...and getting there early is pretty much your only chance of scoring a poster.

There was a booth open outside the San Francisco show. The same at the Fresno show in 2020. Maybe it's not at all shows?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,526
    mickeyrat said:

There was a booth open outside the San Francisco show. The same at the Fresno show in 2020. Maybe it's not at all shows?

This sounds right... as I understand it, there was an outdoor booth in Louisville as well, but I don't believe there was one in Boston or Buffalo. 
  • Options
    If you’re ever in the front section on the floor, it’s always a good idea to give it a quick scan when the house lights come up, you never know what you might score. 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093
    If you’re ever in the front section on the floor, it’s always a good idea to give it a quick scan when the house lights come up, you never know what you might score. 

There's that "FOOL" font I was talking about...
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,292

very cool!! Can't make out the sig though?  Justin's?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,879
    Nice!! Like those heavy picks.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

very cool!! Can't make out the sig though?  Justin's?
    Yup. 

Was just talking w/ a couple guys from the production team at the airport. One was a sound guy (Nobby, featured here https://www.tpimagazine.com/tool-outfits-with-heil-sound-microphones-for-world-tour/) & a light guy, Liam. Liam was nice enough to give me one of Adam’s picks. Leaving Cleveland w/ a couple unexpected souvenirs which is nice.  

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,292
    Those are some of the most Bad-Ass picks i've seen!  Tool doesn't half ass anything
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,702
    4 weeks today, back in Dublin. First time since 2006. Can't wait 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Saw the FI box today in a local shop...just couldn't bite for $175.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Saw the FI box today in a local shop...just couldn't bite for $175.

one spot on disgogs has it for 145
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404

• Options
    edited April 2022
    anyone else's FI have dishing in one or more of the records? Record 1 is minor, 2 very minimal if at all. 3 could serve as a shallow bird bath...
    4 is half of 3 in depth. Need to platter 5 to see how that one is.

5 is dished as well. Vinyl flat has been ordered with the pouch.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Only listened to the first one so far it looked fine but FI doesn't sound as good as pneuma 
  • Options
    GB281198 said:
    Only listened to the first one so far it looked fine but FI doesn't sound as good as pneuma 

sound fade in and out a bit?

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:

Yes and had some odd noise towards the end. Listened twice and not sure if it was my speakers or the record
  • Options
    GB281198 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:

Yes and had some odd noise towards the end. Listened twice and not sure if it was my speakers or the record

record I think. Experienced the same. Now the question is , by design or no?

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    anyone else's FI have dishing in one or more of the records? Record 1 is minor, 2 very minimal if at all. 3 could serve as a shallow bird bath...

Mine is slightly (I’m only through the first 2 records so far)  I’m debating on flattening as it’s really slight.  So far it sounds good so I’ll give it 2-3 plays and decide 

Figuring out where to store this giant box is my more pressing issue.  It’s longer than the raidiohead in rainbows 45 box but about as tall so unless you have really deep shelves it doesn’t go all the way in.  Rotated it’s too tall
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Mine is slightly (I’m only through the first 2 records so far)  I’m debating on flattening as it’s really slight.  So far it sounds good so I’ll give it 2-3 plays and decide 

Figuring out where to store this giant box is my more pressing issue.  It’s longer than the raidiohead in rainbows 45 box but about as tall so unless you have really deep shelves it doesn’t go all the way in.  Rotated it’s too tall

have Kallax shelves. just fits...

I carefully cut the cellophane around just the inner "book" so it slides out but the box is still protected. I like that copperish label.

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited April 2022
    mickeyrat said:

I'm honestly not sure what "dishing" means (is it another name for warping?), but my FI the middle toward the inner grooves/label is slight raised off the platter. For eg, when I put the record down, the middle label part is slightly raised when all other records are flush with the platter. Is that what you're referring to? Because I think all 5 of my FI LPs have that but it doesn't affect the sound as they sound incredible so I'm not worried about it, may just get a weight. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    I interpret it as one side is concave.  So depending on what side is down you may not notice it. When concave side is down you don’t see a warp as the record looks to to be laying flat at the edges.   Your tone arm still moves up and down though 

I tend to think of a warp as more wavy and less uniform 

ultimately it’s probably similar enough no matter what you call it 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I interpret it as one side is concave.  So depending on what side is down you may not notice it. When concave side is down you don’t see a warp as the record looks to to be laying flat at the edges.   Your tone arm still moves up and down though 

this. so my copies are domed on the playing side. the spindle shows what I mean... 1st one is by itself. 2nd is me pressing down on the center...

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    mickeyrat said:

this. so my copies are domed on the playing side. the spindle shows what I mean... 1st one is by itself. 2nd is me pressing down on the center...

Gotcha. Yes that’s what I’m talking about. All of my FI LPs have that, still sounds good though so I’m not sure I care. Glad mine isn’t the only one 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Possibly caused by the packaging. I have some other albums with bulky cases that have some warping. 7empest is amazing regardless
  • Options
    garland09garland09 Posts: 832
    Fear Inoculum is amazing on vinyl!  I’ve only listened to it on Apple Music.  The vinyl sounds outstanding.  If you’re on the fence about buying I say pull the trigger and get it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    garland09 said:
    Fear Inoculum is amazing on vinyl!  I’ve only listened to it on Apple Music.  The vinyl sounds outstanding.  If you’re on the fence about buying I say pull the trigger and get it.
    Agreed… I also recommend buying one w/ a good return policy. Mine was fine, but I’ve been hearing about some coming apart upon opening… sounds like the glue isn’t holding on some which is disappointing to hear. It’s a cool package. And yeah… the vinyl sounds amazing.