Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    scurtis said:

I think if you paid a lot of money for originals, you were enough of a vinyl lover that you knew this day would come and could care less cause you didn't buy the records for their value.

I can only speak for myself of course.

agreed.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    Who I Am said:

And so starts my vinyl collection...stoked!!

Strap on your seatbelt and hold onto your wallet...it's a slippery slope :lol::glasses:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

hey guys... i've got the official word from the ten club on the box set...

May 10, 11:00 AM

There are no plans for a Superdeluxe Box Set for these albums.
    Thanks
    10c

i... for one... am super bummed about this... maybe if enough of us request it...???

I'm both bummed and relieved, to be honest. I'm glad I don't have to fork out another $150 for a box set, but on the same token, I'd love some 96-98 era ephemera and a show on vinyl to go with it. Buuuuuut... I'm still so freakin' glad they are finally re-issuing these. I bought them both within the last 2 years on the secondary market, but am anxious to hear these heavyweight remasters. My OG Yield had a scratch on it, too.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    scurtis said:

I think if you paid a lot of money for originals, you were enough of a vinyl lover that you knew this day would come and could care less cause you didn't buy the records for their value.

I can only speak for myself of course.

Agreed.

I have the originals and am thrilled they reissued them, in fact I ordered these anyway. For most of us (I think) It was never about having the originals for their value and since selling them was never going to happen, who cares what they are worth.

The fact that they are giving these a vinyl mastering job may make these actually better than the originals anyway.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    PJ_Soul said:

I am really proud of 10C for not doing the massive combined boxset that I think some were assuming they would do. Love that they are just reissuing them the way they ought to be. Those big boxsets just seem like conspicuous consumerism to me. Also proud of them for not splitting the albums between 2 discs in an attempt to make them seem more substantial (so that they can charge more). Curious about the comment re No Code finnally being mastered for vinyl for the first time. Will the reissue sound better than the original?? I've got both originals, but these aren't expensive, so if one or both actually sound BETTER than the OGs, I'd probably grab them.

Just a heads-up, one of the advantages of stretching to two LPs is that you can master the vinyl in 45rpm. If this is done properly, it can be one of the most substantial sound improvements you can make on a record. In those cases, the price is almost always higher but the quality difference is huge.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    jjflash said:

Who I Am said:

And so starts my vinyl collection...stoked!!

Strap on your seatbelt and hold onto your wallet...it's a slippery slope :lol::glasses:
    mom has some good shit stored in her attic for me. Zep, Petty, Floyd, Marshall Tucker...
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    PixeltenderPixeltender nyc Posts: 73
    at last! so tired of getting outbid on these :triumph:
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212

@Santos L. Halper are these going to be cut from the original analog tapes and where will the records be pressed? Also, what does "mastered specifically for vinyl" entail? Your pal bUCK

this is a question that should be answered. i suspect these will be mastered and cut from hi-res digital files.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Preordered The whole package (even though I already have No Code).

I just noticed the singles after ordering the LP's. I had to buy them separately (But I don't care). :triumph:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am really proud of 10C for not doing the massive combined boxset that I think some were assuming they would do. Love that they are just reissuing them the way they ought to be. Those big boxsets just seem like conspicuous consumerism to me. Also proud of them for not splitting the albums between 2 discs in an attempt to make them seem more substantial (so that they can charge more). Curious about the comment re No Code finnally being mastered for vinyl for the first time. Will the reissue sound better than the original?? I've got both originals, but these aren't expensive, so if one or both actually sound BETTER than the OGs, I'd probably grab them.

Just a heads-up, one of the advantages of stretching to two LPs is that you can master the vinyl in 45rpm. If this is done properly, it can be one of the most substantial sound improvements you can make on a record. In those cases, the price is almost always higher but the quality difference is huge.
    It does improve sound quality, but I have to draw the line at needing to flip a record every 2 songs :) I'm perfectly ok with 33rpm albums :)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Purchased!
    I don't even have a turntable....

Yet!
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Done and done. I already own the originals but here there's nothing wrong with backups, espcially if they are remasterd. Great prics too! Now all those crap bootlegs should fall to the wayside.
    Now we're talking 10C!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,881
    ahhh 150 gram, not quite 180, but still will take it. I cannot wait to listen to 1st presses then these to compare and contrast.....
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    YAYYYYYY No Code has been my most wanted PJ vinyl for a while now, oh except for Benaroya of course, so yayyyyyy!! I like that it says it will have the polaroids as well. I'm VERY excited about this one!! :plus_one:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    I wonder if No Code will be like the original version which opens up all 4 sides?
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 347
    Would have loved a Super Deluxe Box Set (the "Jack Irons Box") for these albums, but as long as we get a Vault release from the No Code tour (Randall's Island II would work), I'll be happy.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I absolutely HATE when they stretch 1 LP to 2. I do not buy into this sound quality thing. I have TONS of original 1 disc albums that sound incredible, and their 2LP reissues sounds like crap. I know it depends on the source, but the point is, 2LPs simply isn't necessary for better sound most of the time. Sure they can make it a 45, but almost no one does. And frankly, I don't think that minor difference in sound (assuming the non-45s are produced/sourced properly) is worth the extra disc. I find having to flip 3 times really disrupts the flow of a regular length album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I absolutely HATE when they stretch 1 LP to 2. I do not buy into this sound quality thing. I have TONS of original 1 disc albums that sound incredible, and their 2LP reissues sounds like crap. I know it depends on the source, but the point is, 2LPs simply isn't necessary for better sound most of the time. Sure they can make it a 45, but almost no one does. And frankly, I don't think that minor difference in sound (assuming the non-45s are produced/sourced properly) is worth the extra disc. I find having to flip 3 times really disrupts the flow of a regular length album.
    Totally agree!! I have some albums from the 70s and 80s that sound amazing even though they're not 180gram ultra deluxe 2lp sets.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    PJ_Soul said:

True, but records are generally optimal around 40 to 42 minutes in length (I think you can push it to 48 minutes with a minor hit to quality). Most albums that came out in before CD's were designed with that length in mind. CD's could generally have up to 74 minutes (even up to 80 minutes if you really tried). Thus a number of 90's albums are far too long to put on a single record, even at 33rpm. I guess we're lucky that Pearl Jam's albums were probably made with vinyl in made, thus they don't tend to have 55 to 60 minute mega length albums.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

+1 - I find I end up listening to 45s less because I just can't be bothered to keep flipping them. Plus I have plenty of single discs that sound incredible.

• Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Just saw this tonight, absolutely stoked about this! don`t own the orginals and only saw them for insane prices so it`s really wonderful that all of us who don`t own the originals get a chance to get them now. Also ordered the 7"`s even though I got the cd singles as well :D
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Re deluxe package- I didn't even buy the vs/vitalogy one. The Ten one was enough for me. All I need is that sweet vinyl.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gibbon to FlyGibbon to Fly Sussex, UK Posts: 74
    These two and vault #6. 2016 sorted in one hit.

London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    Milton Keynes Bowl 11/07/2014

London O2 18/06/2018

London O2 17/07/2018

EV - London Apollo 07/06/2017. Wembley Stadium 06/07/2019.

'Pearl Jam saved me from Hair Metal!!!'

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    AndySlash said:

@Santos L. Halper are these going to be cut from the original analog tapes and where will the records be pressed? Also, what does "mastered specifically for vinyl" entail? Your pal bUCK

this is a question that should be answered. i suspect these will be mastered and cut from hi-res digital files.
    I don't think we'll be getting any answers anytime soon about this considering they've never released these kinda details about the vaults.
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    edited May 2016
    The depth in sound stage in a properly sourced lp remastered at 45 rpm is amazing. It's the closest thing to being in the studio. some of the analogue productions remasters come to mind. I'd love to have audiophile quality versions at some time, I'm fine if I have to wait. I think there was a bigger need for these remasters/represses at this time. Let everyone be able to get a copy who wants one and then have someone like Kevin Gray get a crack at them in a few years.
    Post edited by ambst95 on
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Re deluxe package- I didn't even buy the vs/vitalogy one. The Ten one was enough for me. All I need is that sweet vinyl.

Same with me. Bought the first box set. Didn't buy the second. It sounds like anyone hoping for box sets were in for a LONG wait. When Jeff and Kelly did the Twitter Q&A late last year I remember Jeff saying he wasn't really into it. And Mike reiterated that in the latest Rolling Stone interview, saying Jeff wants to look forward - which is great unless you're in charge of box sets which specifically require you to spend time looking back. So I'm glad those box sets were shit canned, and the records could simply be released.

For the reissues/remasters I was hoping for exactly what the 10c delivered! 1 lp, standard packaging, reasonable price, and easily acquired. They delivered on all counts. Again, well done 10c!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    "I do not buy into this sound quality thing"

just an FYI, I mean this is pretty much proven to be fact that the fewer grooves, the better it will sound. science and shit.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Release date... Fenway #1 :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52
    choop said:

"I do not buy into this sound quality thing"

just an FYI, I mean this is pretty much proven to be fact that the fewer grooves, the better it will sound. science and shit.

Correct, but fewer grooves does very little for you if they did a crappy job mastering in the first place.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

AndySlash said:

I don't think we'll be getting any answers anytime soon about this considering they've never released these kinda details about the vaults.
    Agreed. I won't be holding my breath for this info from 10C (but if they do give it, great! Thanks!). Since I have the OGs, I made the immediate assumption that I'd need to just wait until everyone gets these things and plays them before I know if I want to bother buying them. I will base my buying decision on the reviews of members I trust when it comes to knowing their vinyl. If they sound better than the OGs, I'm in... So I am definitely very curious about what "mastered specifically for vinyl" entails too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata