Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434

Is this right?

Pre-order means you order the item before it is released to the public. You receive the item when it is released to the public, pre-ordering is to ensure that you will get the item before it sells out.

Pre-sale means that you can buy the item before it is released to the public. You will receive the item before it is released to the public.

IMO..

Pre-order means that they'll see how many people want one and then be sure to have enough made up (plus some extras.) Undoubtedly, there'll be copies released to amazon, retail stores, etc.

Pre-sale means "items are limited, but you'll get yours close to street date."

There's a slight difference, but it's moot.

I see it on amazon. But it's unavailable at the moment
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited May 2016
    The Akkus said:

Imagine a Lost Dogs, RVM and Benny re-issue lol I can dream, right?

the heartbreak of all those people who have paid over a grand for the Benny on ebay would be devastating. But maaaaaan, I wish they would re-release em all!
    Re-issue would be black vinyl, black box with a white "632" on the front. Those with wine-colored copies would be still happy.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Cool they're re-releasing the singles. Even though I don't see the point in owning them my self.

Got both Yield and No Code on vinyl though. Hoping for Binaural soon!

I will shit a brick if Binaural and Riot Act get reissued this year! :prayer:
    Riot Act would be the one I would consider re-buying because it's orgasmic to listen.

I bet Binaural gives the same eargasms
    Allegedly...you get yourself a copy of Binaural and some high-quality headphones and there is stuff in there that simply cannot be heard with a CD.

For me, it would be Binaural and Yield. I'm VERY happy today.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52

PJ_Soul said:

svenhoek said:

choop said:

"I do not buy into this sound quality thing"

just an FYI, I mean this is pretty much proven to be fact that the fewer grooves, the better it will sound. science and shit.

Correct, but fewer grooves does very little for you if they did a crappy job mastering in the first place.
    Definitely. What I really meant by my comment was that just because an LP is put onto 2 disc, it doesn't in any way, shape, or form guarantee that it will sound better than the original. I think that MOST reissues that are spread between 2 discs (not to mention a lot of new albums that are as well) are only 2 discs because they can jack the prices on the album, since the sound quality isn't superior at all. People will feel ripped off if a 1LP, regular length album (obviously long albums are an exception) costs $45. But many people will happily fork over $45 for a 2LP album. I think that, for the most part, this is just a marketing ploy. Can't tell you how many times I've bought a 2LP reissue and been horribly disappointed, to the point where I traded it in and tracked down an OG.
    True, but technically a 2xLP should sound better, more space allocated for the same amount of music, simple as that. But as you said no guarantee, lots of reissue are crappy and old originals picked for a few bucks in a cool store will often sound ten times better. As always just depends who does the job, all double LPs from MOV sound amazing.
    Yep! Alice in chains unplugged MOV vinyl sounds pretty freaking amazing.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I was hoping to hear any No Code and Yield unreleased tracks

You'll probably NEVER get this on vinyl...but as a b-side of I'm Open would be AWESOME...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOILC6KesE
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    Went in on both LPs and a few of the singles, plus got email about RNDM Ghost Riding being in the warehouse - thanks Ten Club and Pearl Jam. I have both originals, but will be happy if the remasters sound good to just take them out and stroke them from time to time. What? You know you do it too...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Have all of the originals, ordered both of these because mine have taken a beating over the years and inexpensive backups are not a bad thing.
    I will be very curious to see how these sound, but am not expecting miracles. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I have all the OPs except for Hail Hail but I still bought them in case they are better cuts.

Same here.
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    Couldn't believe it when the email popped up! No Code for me and Yield for my oldest son.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    RiotZact said:

I don't need the super duper deluxe magnum box set with all the vinyl and stuff, but I was really hoping something would come of the Moline/Milwaukee shows from 2014. Or at least some unreleased stuff and a show from 96. Something like the deluxe CD sets from Ten and Vs/Vitalogy.

I would rather hear a show from 96. You can always buy the Moline and Milwaukee shows on CD. Give us some unreleased stuff if there were another box set (sounds like not--maybe just Vaults from now on).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    luismota123luismota123 Posts: 161
    Some wording from the Soundstagedirect Pre-order
    To celebrate the 20th anniversary of No Code, Pearl Jam reissues No Code on 150-gram vinyl. This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release and the first time the album is being mastered specifically for vinyl, by Grammy Award-winning engineer Bob Ludwig. It features recreations of their original packaging, including the set of nine random replica Polaroids/lyric cards -
    I'm psyched to be getting this!!
  • Options
    luismota123luismota123 Posts: 161

Have all of the originals, ordered both of these because mine have taken a beating over the years and inexpensive backups are not a bad thing.
    I will be very curious to see how these sound, but am not expecting miracles. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Some wording from the Soundstagedirect Pre-order
    To celebrate the 20th anniversary of No Code, Pearl Jam reissues No Code on 150-gram vinyl. This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release and the first time the album is being mastered specifically for vinyl, by Grammy Award-winning engineer Bob Ludwig. It features recreations of their original packaging, including the set of nine random replica Polaroids/lyric cards

Hope this means we will all be pleased!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452

RiotZact said:

I don't need the super duper deluxe magnum box set with all the vinyl and stuff, but I was really hoping something would come of the Moline/Milwaukee shows from 2014. Or at least some unreleased stuff and a show from 96. Something like the deluxe CD sets from Ten and Vs/Vitalogy.

I would rather hear a show from 96. You can always buy the Moline and Milwaukee shows on CD. Give us some unreleased stuff if there were another box set (sounds like not--maybe just Vaults from now on).
    Amen. Or 9/11/98.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Hopefully it means they went back to the original tapes for the cut. I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    ANYONE know when the MiniDiscs versions will be rereleased?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
  • Options

when will the Delorean be re-issued?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I still doubt Benny gets done
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think we'll see Rearviewmirror, PJ20 or Benaroya. I do think they will do Lost Dogs again.
  • Options
    I also wouldn't be surprised to see Vaults reissued for retail but in a no frills sleeve.
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    Great news! I will probably buy 'No Code' (I have white 'Yield' bootleg)
    Just of curiosity - why is 'No Code' 5$ more expensive?
    2LPs maybe? Or because of the packaging?
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Rearviewmirror, PJ20 or Benaroya. I do think they will do Lost Dogs again.

I think it's a bit early to be discussing a PJ20 reissue ;)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149

Hopefully because the packaging. The OP is a larger than standard gatefold jacket that each panel opens up as a gatefold too.

Interesting to note that the wording states it is a recreation of the original packaging... Not sure if it will be the same but hopefully that's the $5 diff
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,240

Hopefully it means they went back to the original tapes for the cut. I guess we'll see.

You would hope. Then again the original vinyl would of been just before the loudness war. Why not use the exact same masters they used in '96/'98? Most of the time remastering involves cranking the loudness on things.... so it'd be awesome if they simply used the same master (assuming someone can find it).
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It doesn't say Remastered. It just says mastered for vinyl. Its a vague statement that could mean a few things. But basically I think its a savvy way of saying "we cut this vinyl from a source".

I'm guessing they don't have the mother from the original pressing. Or if its even in good enough condition to make new stampers.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199

it's likely the packaging. The original Yield jacket is just a regular thin sleeve with the triangle of the Yield sign cut out and a printed inner sleeve. No Code on the other was on thicker card stock, had the double gatefold panels just like the smaller CD version and also contained a set of jumbo versions of the polaroids.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,604

this is priceless. from years of bitch about re-issues, they get re-issued. now there's a bitch about weight, pressing and such. play it loud, it all sounds great.

Wasn't bitching. Was actually praising 10C about their choices.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,604

PJ_Soul said:

svenhoek said:

choop said:

"I do not buy into this sound quality thing"

just an FYI, I mean this is pretty much proven to be fact that the fewer grooves, the better it will sound. science and shit.

Correct, but fewer grooves does very little for you if they did a crappy job mastering in the first place.
    Definitely. What I really meant by my comment was that just because an LP is put onto 2 disc, it doesn't in any way, shape, or form guarantee that it will sound better than the original. I think that MOST reissues that are spread between 2 discs (not to mention a lot of new albums that are as well) are only 2 discs because they can jack the prices on the album, since the sound quality isn't superior at all. People will feel ripped off if a 1LP, regular length album (obviously long albums are an exception) costs $45. But many people will happily fork over $45 for a 2LP album. I think that, for the most part, this is just a marketing ploy. Can't tell you how many times I've bought a 2LP reissue and been horribly disappointed, to the point where I traded it in and tracked down an OG.
    True, but technically a 2xLP should sound better, more space allocated for the same amount of music, simple as that. But as you said no guarantee, lots of reissue are crappy and old originals picked for a few bucks in a cool store will often sound ten times better. As always just depends who does the job, all double LPs from MOV sound amazing.
    Most. Not all. I've had a couple of shitty sounding MOV albums. But generally they're good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    45rpm Mo-Fi Original Half Speed Master records are the shit!!! who is with me?
    I think they will eventually get around to pressing Ten and maybe VS.
    at least I hope so.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    i cannot believe that i will finally be able to listen to these two gems on vinyl.... im still in disbelief.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....