Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    lolobugg said:

45rpm Mo-Fi Original Half Speed Master records are the shit!!! who is with me?
    I think they will eventually get around to pressing Ten and maybe VS.
    at least I hope so.

I haven't done any Mo-Fi, but my few Analogue Productions pieces are stellar. Also just ordered Hail to the Thief by Radiohead, which was only ever released in 45RPM. QOTSA's latest effort was also 45RPM only, and is remarkable sounding, along with Damien Rice's My Favourite Faded Fantasy (one of the best sounding records I've heard, period).

These days, unless it's a Pearl Jam reissue (where the quality is bound to be questionable), I only buy 45RPM records.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    benjs said:

lolobugg said:

at least I hope so.

I haven't done any Mo-Fi, but my few Analogue Productions pieces are stellar. Also just ordered Hail to the Thief by Radiohead, which was only ever released in 45RPM. QOTSA's latest effort was also 45RPM only, and is remarkable sounding, along with Damien Rice's My Favourite Faded Fantasy (one of the best sounding records I've heard, period).

These days, unless it's a Pearl Jam reissue (where the quality is bound to be questionable), I only buy 45RPM records.
    glad to see some people get it,
    but do you actually get up to flip the record over? :lol:
    that stuff cracks me up. there was something invented for that... it is called a Compact Disc.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    yeah, but where's the romance?
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    benjs said:

lolobugg said:

at least I hope so.

I hear you on the Analogue Productions. My copies of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours and Muddy Waters Folk Singer are insane. Picked up Hoodoo Man Blues from Junior Wells in 45 rpm along with Elvis's 24kt Hits and Dave Brubeck's Time Out in the 45 rpm as well. I wish they would redo my entire collection. I love their work.
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

yeah, but where's the romance?

there is none in a CD..... it's like bad acid remember?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    It would of been cool to see the 7" records combined in a box set.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    edited May 2016

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Rearviewmirror, PJ20 or Benaroya. I do think they will do Lost Dogs again.

Rearviewmirrow was re-released again in 2013 as part of the Essential series. Not on vinyl though
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It's hard to be an audiophile and spin PJ records. :whistle:
  • Options

It's hard to be an audiophile and spin Records. :whistle:

Ftfy
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Stoked! Wish they were doing all of them but i'll take No Code and maybe Yield. Got a OG Yield but we shall see....
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    on2legs said:

RiotZact said:

I don't need the super duper deluxe magnum box set with all the vinyl and stuff, but I was really hoping something would come of the Moline/Milwaukee shows from 2014. Or at least some unreleased stuff and a show from 96. Something like the deluxe CD sets from Ten and Vs/Vitalogy.

I would rather hear a show from 96. You can always buy the Moline and Milwaukee shows on CD. Give us some unreleased stuff if there were another box set (sounds like not--maybe just Vaults from now on).
    Amen. Or 9/11/98.
    9/11/98 or Randall's would be spectacular.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Like an asshole I bought everything
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,470

It's hard to be an audiophile and spin PJ records. :whistle:

What does this mean?
    or ELI5
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    FrankieG said:

Am I crazy for not getting all of the singles?

I dont think so, I think we'll see a reissue of Lost Dogs eventually
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434

FrankieG said:

Am I crazy for not getting all of the singles?

I dont think so, I think we'll see a reissue of Lost Dogs eventually
    U and BRY are different from Lost Dogs
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    on2legs said:

RiotZact said:

I don't need the super duper deluxe magnum box set with all the vinyl and stuff, but I was really hoping something would come of the Moline/Milwaukee shows from 2014. Or at least some unreleased stuff and a show from 96. Something like the deluxe CD sets from Ten and Vs/Vitalogy.

I would rather hear a show from 96. You can always buy the Moline and Milwaukee shows on CD. Give us some unreleased stuff if there were another box set (sounds like not--maybe just Vaults from now on).
    Amen. Or 9/11/98.
    Begin the campaign for 10/22/2003 as a Vault release.
    1) It would sell crazy numbers.
    2) Being a vault release on black vinyl in the standard black case, it wouldn't do anything to the original release.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    MayDay10 said:

Mmmmm. I may rethink my view of oneself
  • Options
    So are these simply 10c release and made to order? Or will they make the stores?
  • Options

So are these simply 10c release and made to order? Or will they make the stores?

These are definitely going retail. They just signed a deal a few months back to pave the way for an eventual repressing of the entire catalog. I was going hard after copies of riot act. I'm calling off my search. It will be out I'd guess in the next year or so.
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    amazon has pre-order for both Yield and No Code
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    ambst95 said:

These are definitely going retail. They just signed a deal a few months back to pave the way for an eventual repressing of the entire catalog. I was going hard after copies of riot act. I'm calling off my search. It will be out I'd guess in the next year or so.
    what deal was that?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

ambst95 said:

what deal was that?
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jam-signs-worldwide-publishing-deal-with-universal-music-publishing-group/
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    MayDay10 said:

Yield is my favourite album so I was pumped.
    Maybe too pumped, as I also went full asshole and bought everything.
  • Options
    realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    edited May 2016
    I apologize I didn't read the entire thread. My question is are there any extras with these releases or is it just re releases of original versions?

I have the original pressings of yield and no code so I'm guessing there's nothing new in it for someone who already has these unlike the box sets?

If that is true, then the guys essentially weren't really too involved in this creatively since there is nothing new. So with these releases coming out.. does this mean there will probably be no vinyl bootleg this year?
    Post edited by realisthis on
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    ambst95 said:

Yeah, I am not actively pursuing the hard copies of any of the other albums at the moment. I feel that all studio albums at least will be released, and maybe sooner than later.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Some of 10c will be translucent pink with aqua swirl. Some glow in the dark. Some ......
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

I apologize I didn't read the entire thread. My question is are there any extras with these releases or is it just re releases of original versions?

I have the original pressings of yield and no code so I'm guessing there's nothing new in it for someone who already has these unlike the box sets?

Sounds like that is the case, no sense in buying em twice unless you want a backup.
  • Options
    realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    True thank you... maybe they still could do another vinyl boot this year
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

True thank you... maybe they still could do another vinyl boot this year

the re-issues should not effect another vault release this year. These are more for all the people who wanted out of print albums that are expensive on the secondary market.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ambst95 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ambst95 said:

what deal was that?
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jam-signs-worldwide-publishing-deal-with-universal-music-publishing-group/
    This is just for song publishing. It only marginally affects reissues.