Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

^^^
    For 24 fucking 99 I will gladly take the chance of it being bad vinyl.
    Seriously folks.

Yup. I'm just happy they're being reissued since there's no way I'm paying original pressing prices.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981

Yeah. People play loose and free with terms like "mastered for vinyl" and "audiophile".

I mean "remastered for vinyl" could essentially mean "cut to vinyl from an audio source". There are no specifics. It plays into people's ignorance.

That being said, unless you want pristine all analog transfers (which are incredibly rare in 2016), these will be fine. You'll be happy.

Hope you're correct, I like your optimism..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    Damn I think I m back into vinyl. Time to buy a turn table.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    There you go.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Did anyone comment on the view of 10C presale vs normal shop purchases? Like, could the 10C releases have some feature (colored vinyl like LB etc) vs standard black vinyl in shops.

Any rumours or opinion?
  • Options
    For LB, or the Mad Season live album, or the Fixer 7", They have never told us in any case if there was a variant. So it's possible. But they didn't do it for the other reissues, so maybe not these. I guess we'll find out by midAugust.
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231

For LB, or the Mad Season live album, or the Fixer 7", They have never told us in any case if there was a variant. So it's possible. But they didn't do it for the other reissues, so maybe not these. I guess we'll find out by midAugust.

Was there a presale for the other reissues?
    I bought in, but really there's no reason to if its just the same release that my local record store will have. (Unless it's limited for some reason)
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    It not limited. The others were also a presale like this.
  • Options
    I got back 12" albums. I don't expect a deluxe reissue for these, but more importantly, are these remastered? I haven't seem any info on that yet. It may be mentioned somewhere in this threat, I just haven't see it.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    GustieIII said:

I bought in, but really there's no reason to if its just the same release that my local record store will have. (Unless it's limited for some reason)
    The way I see it, if you are planning on buying these reissued albums anyway, it's best to buy them here from the band's web store. That way, they can gauge the tremendous (hopefully) demand for these reissues and put out more of them.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    Think there will be random splattered variants on the No Code & Yield releases?

Would love to see colored vinyl on the 7" reissues.
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    shecky said:

GustieIII said:

The way I see it, if you are planning on buying these reissued albums anyway, it's best to buy them here from the band's web store. That way, they can gauge the tremendous (hopefully) demand for these reissues and put out more of them.
    Yeah, maybe they get a bigger cut if it's all in house... I gotta add that the anticipation of an already preordered item is fun as well.
    I'm not expecting anything but a standard reissue, although the idea of something special is always cool.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I don't want them remastered at all.
  • Options
    All they said is "mastered for vinyl" which can mean anything. But it most likely starts with the original master (as a tape or, a hi rez digital file).
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    I have pasted the post below from a vinyl collector's forum where I hang out sometimes. This person has some interesting thoughts:

------
    The OP of Ten blows away the new reissue, which shouldn't EVER happen if a band of PJ's stature actually cares about the quality of their vinyl pressings. The last few releases (Backspacer, LB) haven't been great from an audio standpoint. I'm still hunting an OP of Vs. for a cheap price, rather than wasting $$ on what I know from countless sources is a bad reissue. It is a shame that the one band championing vinyl during the dark days of the 90's doesn't seem to care about quality now that we're in a resurgence.

To offer a more accurate counterpoint than DMB (who actually put out BTCS in 1998, definitely a widespread vinyl release for the time).... Nirvana's catalog on ORG sounds pretty fantastic. And those were recent reissues... But all-analog and done with care.
    On the flipside, Soundgarden's reissues haven't been anything to write home about. Alice In Chains is all MOV, with mixed results. The Black Crowes reissues (which coincide with the same era of PJ reissues) missed the boat too. Pearl Jam isn't the only band putting out half-assed reissues... But they seem like the one that SHOULD care more.

I would love to see an analog specialty label get a crack at PJ's back catalog. I'm fine with paying $30 for a record with top-notch sound, versus $20 for another reissue that sounds like the CD on vinyl. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

-------
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    I saw that comment. An awesome poster had a great response.

Im just saying, I don't think quality is something they ever really cared about when it came to their vinyl. They just fetishized the nostalgia of the artifact. But their contrary to the popular culture support of the format has somehow evolved, in many fans minds, as them leading the charge for audiophiles. And now they are held up to some standard that they never really intentionally met.
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175

I saw that comment. An awesome poster had a great response.

Im just saying, I don't think quality is something they ever really cared about when it came to their vinyl. They just fetishized the nostalgia of the artifact. But their contrary to the popular culture support of the format has somehow evolved, in many fans minds, as them leading the charge for audiophiles. And now they are held up to some standard that they never really intentionally met.
    Agree.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059

If you have a good soundsystem there are things on Yield that are wonderful. Little nuances that you may have passed up.

If they can enhance that ever so slightly I think it may be even more enjoyable.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363

If you have a good soundsystem there are things on Yield that are wonderful. Little nuances that you may have passed up.

If they can enhance that ever so slightly I think it may be even more enjoyable.
    This is a great point, but the thing I struggle with in regard to vinyl is: if I have a great sound system (which I don't), I wonder if I would pick up those same nuances from the CD?

Either way, I'll be shelling out for these reissues if only for the nostalgia of it, bigger artwork and because they're relatively inexpensive compared to other new vinyl. If the sound is great, then it's a bonus and I'll have something to look forward to when I upgrade my system.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    AO253126 said:

This is a great point, but the thing I struggle with in regard to vinyl is: if I have a great sound system (which I don't), I wonder if I would pick up those same nuances from the CD?

Either way, I'll be shelling out for these reissues if only for the nostalgia of it, bigger artwork and because they're relatively inexpensive compared to other new vinyl. If the sound is great, then it's a bonus and I'll have something to look forward to when I upgrade my system.
    Nah, CD is still best fidelity in my opinion - this after upgrading my own system with a high quality CD player. As someone who owns all the PJ works on vinyl (Ten, Benny, etc., etc.,), the nuances you are after I don't hear on vinyl, but with a high quality set up and headphones.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    So it's true? No super duper deluxe edition No Code & Yield Box Sets?

• Options
    Any reason why the reissue of No Code & Yield are not available on Amazon Canada but available on Amazon USA, UK, Japan & Germany? :/
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    demetrios said:

So it's true? No super duper deluxe edition No Code & Yield Box Sets?

hahahaha
    agree....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    Can't wait to spin these late summer!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

me too! Now i just need a record player lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    mcgruff10 said:

That's a slippery slope you're considering walking on my friend. Once you start......
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

That's a slippery slope you're considering walking on my friend. Once you start......
    I know! It's already becoming an addiction.
  • Options

It'll probably be late Fall for us Canadians. :p

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    mcgruff10 said:

I highly recommend uturn audiio's orbit player. IMO it's the best bang for your buck.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

I highly recommend uturn audiio's orbit player. IMO it's the best bang for your buck.
    I'll check it out. thanks.