Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    BK,

I'm a cynical biatch myself, but I choose to believe that for every one selfish, greedy, money grubbing whore who buys posters just to flip for a profit there are probably 10 true fans of the work who acquire your posters and cherish them, the thought of selling them never even entering our pretty little heads.

Yes, it's hard to see something you put your soul into being pimped away for someone else's profit, but sadly such has been the fate of artists for millenia. I hope you may find solice in the joy your work brings to the many and the knowledge that your stuff is still getting out to those who appreciate it. I personally have 5 Klausens, 1 from a show, 3 from 10 club and 1 from a trade. You may not see or hear about that as often as you hear about the flippers, but it happens.

Peace,
    KJ
  • wow... there are always a few people that ruin things for others by being greedy , but i know that there are so many more people that are not that way.

most of us just want to enjoy the art and remember the good times we had at shows :)

i really appreciate the work you do and look forward to more :)

good luck with the website...
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Brad,
    You should be flattered. You're right, message boards are kinda psycho babble, certainly lower than the lowest tabloids and you shouldn't let anything said here or anywhere else discourage you and your art. It's because you're among the elite artists in this genre that these situations occur. I hope you aren't serious. That would be a shame.
    the Minions
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,697
    Its sad that poster flippers have become almost as bad as ticket scalpers, making things difficult to attain for loyal fans. But capitalism is far from perfect.
    Take some solace Brad in the fact that there are certainly more people who buy your work for themselves because they love the art and what it commemorates to them than there are greedy flipper types.

Good luck with site launch trey.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    dangerboy wrote:
    here's a little bit about why seattlebatman and brad seem to know each other. i won't go so far as to say "stalker".....read what he has posted about it here.

I am not sure what is more bothersome.... that this person is a complete stalker chasing people around town.......... or that eveything in that post is a lie about where they get the posters they sell.......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    number 7 wrote:
    the site should launch this week...i don't want to say a time for certain, because as we know, it's fallen through in the past.

I still have hawaii's, dusseldorfs, copenhagen, vics, and more...

I honestly don't understand why someone would spend $450 - 600 on the hawaii poster.

The main reason i didn't want to go to flatstock was for everything that has transpired. People were paying kids to come up and buy posters for them, and it wasn't until that had happened multiple times amongst the chaos of the first day that we caught on to it. It's all overwhelmeing and disheartening and ugly. And i am doing my best not to focus on the few greedy, selfish assholes who are ruining this for everyone...especially me. I love making art, and feel very fortunate to make a living doing so, and a few individuals are taking something i love and putting a cancer on it, for their own empty financial profit. i am doing my best to stay positive about human beings as a species, but it's tough when you are constantly reminded at how ugly human beings can be.

For the most part, i am done. I will always make art and have a desire to make art, but i am done wasting any more time with the ugliness of human greed and the unfounded sense of entitlemnet some people have and the bombardment of everyone's opinions on what i should be doing. I appreciate all the support from the truly genuine people who just appreciate my posters for what they are, a piece of art to commemorate a show they went to. It's foolish of me to even be here right now reading any of this, and further contributing to it, it only causes my focus to remain on an ugly subject matter. Message boards are not healthy, productive places.

the site should be up this week...

Definately see that there is a postive side to all of this and it is hard to see cause we all tend to focus on the negative..... and realize anything that has the name pearl jam on it will bring out the worst in some people.

I for one am looking forwarded to see some of your non PJ stuff come out in particular your art prints...... (so don't drop out of the modern rock art print sub) ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    fuckem and feed 'em fish heads

hope to see the site soon # 7 ,

welcome back , bostonlou .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    KDH12 wrote:
    I am not sure what is more bothersome.... that this person is a complete stalker chasing people around town.......... or that eveything in that post is a lie about where they get the posters they sell.......

that was posted back in february. don't know where he was getting them then, but at least that post wasn't about the posters he currently has up on ebay. it's obvious this time he used his kids to buy multiples. it's people like seattlebatman that have brad in a funk

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    bk

will your site have a forum to exchange messages??

;)

sorry... i'm just an ass... and I always try to bring humor into things

the world is full of amazing people... it's also full of an amazing number of assholes

the existence of the 2nd group shouldn't diminish the shine of the 1st
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • so you think we can still expect an email prior to the site going up? or does this message from BK count as our heads up? i have too much going on this week to be constantly checking in... glad to know it wont be long tho
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Oh no the site will go live this week????
    Im off to Hong Kong tomorrow for 2 weeks and wont have regular access to a computer, dammit.
    Ive been waiting 3 months for this site and it goes live when im away, great.
    Anyone will to buy me a couple of posters, I would be very greatfull.
    I just know that ninersfan and the rest of those scabs will be on there buying to so i understand if nobody wants to help.
    Anyway good luck with the site Brad hope it doesnt crash again, actually i hope it does so you can postpone the sale till i get back.

Later

Nocode
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Brad,
    You made my day when I saw that you had printed the Flatstock Poster (Space Needle/Monorail in Emerald Green) from last year. I thought it was a kick ass design and so sad that it wasn't made last year but extremely delighted to see it printed this year. My friend bought one too (it was the only one he bought and he said you looked surprised when that's all he wanted) and we will both be framing them and hanging them proudly in our homes. That was the one poster I wanted and I got it. Keep up the great work.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Was the purple Vic the only Vic poster at Flatstock or was there a choice? How much was it?
    the Minions
  • I wonder if the purple Vics will be available on Artillery? I'd like to have both versions side by side.
    the Minions
  • Was the purple Vic the only Vic poster at Flatstock or was there a choice? How much was it?
    The purple Vics were $100.00 and the regular s/n prints were $60.00. I could not help myself and bought one of each.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • The purple Vics were $100.00 and the regular s/n prints were $60.00. I could not help myself and bought one of each.
    Wanna sell one to me? Hmmmmmm?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • The purple Vics were $100.00 and the regular s/n prints were $60.00. I could not help myself and bought one of each.

What was the number of the regular edition? ie how many?
    the Minions
  • I feel compelled to respond to all of the crap being said about me and my daughters. First, I am not a stalker, look up the definition of stalker. I am what is called an autograph collector. I do not care if you do not understand what this means. I love to meet famous people and get them to sign stuff for me. Next, I would like to say that I have over 400 posters in my collection, see expressobeans for proof. Of those about 360 are Pearl Jam. I also have about 125 framed on the walls of our house. If, as someone said you checkout my myspace page and look at the photos of my house you will see some of the framed posters on my walls from floor to ceiling throughout our entire house. These couple of photos of our house are just a sample, every room in our house is full of framed posters and autographed stuff. I am sure that my daughters are bigger fans of PJ than some of you are, they are 11 and 15 and have been to 10 shows already. I have been to 99 shows myself since 1992 and a fan club memeber for almost that long. I am sure that I have spent more money on buying posters for my collection either at shows, on Ebay or from other collectors than 99.99% of you. So when I have an opportunity to get a couple extra posters to get back some of the 10's of thousands of dollars I have spent on posters over the years, I do not see a problem with that. I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value. I never put a buy it now price or a reserve. I also would not ever pay someone to trick Brad or anyone else into selling me more posters. The last time I checked we still live in a free society and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I see everyday people judging others and trying to force their opinions onto them. It is not right. We are all entitled to live our lives the way we see fit. We are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not say pursuit of what makes other people happy. Just because you do not agree with the way I do things is not my problem. I am not you. I also do not spend countless hours online in message rooms I have much better things to do with my life than sit around and gossip about people I do not know or have never met.
    Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman & my family
  • I just don't see how spending thousands of dollars and going to 99 shows makes it ok to bring your daughters to a poster show to buy 3 multiples of everything only to throw the posters on ebay the next day... AND you dont see how your actions have helped create the frustration Number 7 feels about selling his art. Maybe instead of thinking about "me me me" every step of the way, think of the artists wishes and the fans you prevented from buying a print they wanted at the artist's price which they now must buy at ebay's "market value".

I personally do not have a problem selling posters on ebay but when people make an effort to amass a large amount of prints at a low price with the intent on flipping them the next day, I feel that is the exact opposite of what a "super fan" like yourself should do. You obviously don't need the money, why make such a large effort to keep affordable posters from others to make a couple bucks?

/my two cents
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I feel compelled to respond to all of the crap being said about me and my daughters. First, I am not a stalker, look up the definition of stalker. I am what is called an autograph collector. I do not care if you do not understand what this means. I love to meet famous people and get them to sign stuff for me. Next, I would like to say that I have over 400 posters in my collection, see expressobeans for proof. Of those about 360 are Pearl Jam. I also have about 125 framed on the walls of our house. If, as someone said you checkout my myspace page and look at the photos of my house you will see some of the framed posters on my walls from floor to ceiling throughout our entire house. These couple of photos of our house are just a sample, every room in our house is full of framed posters and autographed stuff. I am sure that my daughters are bigger fans of PJ than some of you are, they are 11 and 15 and have been to 10 shows already. I have been to 99 shows myself since 1992 and a fan club memeber for almost that long. I am sure that I have spent more money on buying posters for my collection either at shows, on Ebay or from other collectors than 99.99% of you. So when I have an opportunity to get a couple extra posters to get back some of the 10's of thousands of dollars I have spent on posters over the years, I do not see a problem with that. I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value. I never put a buy it now price or a reserve. I also would not ever pay someone to trick Brad or anyone else into selling me more posters. The last time I checked we still live in a free society and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I see everyday people judging others and trying to force their opinions onto them. It is not right. We are all entitled to live our lives the way we see fit. We are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not say pursuit of what makes other people happy. Just because you do not agree with the way I do things is not my problem. I am not you. I also do not spend countless hours online in message rooms I have much better things to do with my life than sit around and gossip about people I do not know or have never met.
    Sincerely,

Hey, I'm really glad you posted and to hear your point of view. I've seen your auctions and always wondered. It's good to hear you are a fan. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    No matter what you do, you can't stop flipping. It's the reality of the market. Limit the amount of product and that's what happens. And to be honest with you, I can't blame the seller or the artist. I just deal with it. If I get what I want, great. If not, oh well.

It must be frustrating for the Artist that they create from scratch a piece of Art it then gets sold at concerts for $20 AU. How much would they make from the $20, Perhaps $10. They print 1,000 posters for one show. About 300 get sold at the show and the rest go to 10c and the Artists retain some for sale. So really for all their work they dont make as much as they deserve to.
    Perhaps to stop flippers they should increase the print numbers but also the price. Really why should should a flipper say make $430AU profit on a poster when the Artist only makes perhaps $10AU. After all its the Artist's work.
    Shouldnt there be some kind of copyright to selling for profit someones art work.
    Im just rambling but I feel sorry for these guys that design these awesome posters that others sell for crazy amounts of cash.
    I bet if the Artists were trying to sell them at these crazy prices everyone would be bitching and whinging about it.. After all said and done its the Artists bread and butter that others profit from.

Peace Suzanne.:)
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I feel compelled to respond to all of the crap being said about me and my daughters. First, I am not a stalker, look up the definition of stalker. I am what is called an autograph collector. I do not care if you do not understand what this means. I love to meet famous people and get them to sign stuff for me. Next, I would like to say that I have over 400 posters in my collection, see expressobeans for proof. Of those about 360 are Pearl Jam. I also have about 125 framed on the walls of our house. If, as someone said you checkout my myspace page and look at the photos of my house you will see some of the framed posters on my walls from floor to ceiling throughout our entire house. These couple of photos of our house are just a sample, every room in our house is full of framed posters and autographed stuff. I am sure that my daughters are bigger fans of PJ than some of you are, they are 11 and 15 and have been to 10 shows already. I have been to 99 shows myself since 1992 and a fan club memeber for almost that long. I am sure that I have spent more money on buying posters for my collection either at shows, on Ebay or from other collectors than 99.99% of you. So when I have an opportunity to get a couple extra posters to get back some of the 10's of thousands of dollars I have spent on posters over the years, I do not see a problem with that. I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value. I never put a buy it now price or a reserve. I also would not ever pay someone to trick Brad or anyone else into selling me more posters. The last time I checked we still live in a free society and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I see everyday people judging others and trying to force their opinions onto them. It is not right. We are all entitled to live our lives the way we see fit. We are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not say pursuit of what makes other people happy. Just because you do not agree with the way I do things is not my problem. I am not you. I also do not spend countless hours online in message rooms I have much better things to do with my life than sit around and gossip about people I do not know or have never met.
    Sincerely,

Having and spending more money than most on Pearl Jam does not entitle you to use your daughters to get extra posters for you to flip. Most people on this message board have spent as much as the possibley can on pearl jam and merch etc. I take it you're not going to offer brad 50% of what you make since he sold you posters from as little as $60 and you are probably going to make at least $100 per poster....not a bad return. I am not making a personal attack on you, I don't know you and am sure you are a wonderful person who loves his family and PJ but in life we all do things that we shouldn't and the biggest thing we can do is come out and admit when we have done something wrong.....and what you are doing now is wrong :(
    I need a coffee!
  • selling your benaroya vinyl on ebay?!?!? you are an idiot
  • Wanna sell one to me? Hmmmmmm?
    Klausen site is going up this week. Get one from him.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • A few years ago I took my son to a sportscard convention in St. Louis. We bought a case of Upper Deck baseball cards, some autographed baseballs of our favorite players and some posters. When we got home and opened all those card packages we were very lucky to find a Lou Gehrig Piece of history card (piece of jersey, piece of bat inlaid onto the card) as well as autographed cards of A-Rod, Johann Santana, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Manny Ramirez, Roger Clemens etc.

We spent about $700 that day at the sportscard show. After opening our packs and looking up the values of these sports cards we found we had over $3000 value from the specialty cards alone. We were thrilled and enjoyed the cards for about 2 months then had them professionally encased and graded. When the cards came back from the grading company the Gehrig, Santana and Maddux cards all rated a perfect 10 by the graders. Everything else came back a 9.

By having the cards graded we enhanced their values significantly and soon we realized we had close to $10000 in collectibles if we sold them on the secondary market (eBay) for much more. Which we chose to do. We made $6750 on the Gehrig card alone. The Santana was an autographed rookie card that we got $2200 for. My son loves collecting sports cards and still does, he's had other success stories as well. But if its not his favorite players he'll choose to sell or trade his other cards (specifically Cardinals are his favs) so I'll list them for him if they're not Cardinals. So actually theres alot of fun in collecting but there's also alot of fun in selling and trading as well.

When we find that we've gotten lucky off a certain pack of cards we'll sell them and use the profit to further our hobby.

This is the nature of every collectibles market. I know a guy that goes out to junkyards and takes old license plates off wrecked cars and sells them on eBay. That's how he makes part of his living. His advantage over others is that he's in the auto salvage business. Several farmers I know in our area collect American Indian artifacts because their advantage is the indians used to live on land that they farm.

There's always people that can get an upper hand because they are in the right place at the right time. Some people call them unscrupulous. Why???
    the Minions
    A few years ago I took my son to a sportscard convention in St. Louis. We bought a case of Upper Deck baseball cards, some autographed baseballs of our favorite players and some posters. When we got home and opened all those card packages we were very lucky to find a Lou Gehrig Piece of history card (piece of jersey, piece of bat inlaid onto the card) as well as autographed cards of A-Rod, Johann Santana, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Manny Ramirez, Roger Clemens etc.

We spent about $700 that day at the sportscard show. After opening our packs and looking up the values of these sports cards we found we had over $3000 value from the specialty cards alone. We were thrilled and enjoyed the cards for about 2 months then had them professionally encased and graded. When the cards came back from the grading company the Gehrig, Santana and Maddux cards all rated a perfect 10 by the graders. Everything else came back a 9.

By having the cards graded we enhanced their values significantly and soon we realized we had close to $10000 in collectibles if we sold them on the secondary market (eBay) for much more. Which we chose to do. We made $6750 on the Gehrig card alone. The Santana was an autographed rookie card that we got $2200 for. My son loves collecting sports cards and still does, he's had other success stories as well. But if its not his favorite players he'll choose to sell or trade his other cards (specifically Cardinals are his favs) so I'll list them for him if they're not Cardinals. So actually theres alot of fun in collecting but there's also alot of fun in selling and trading as well.

When we find that we've gotten lucky off a certain pack of cards we'll sell them and use the profit to further our hobby.

This is the nature of every collectibles market. I know a guy that goes out to junkyards and takes old license plates off wrecked cars and sells them on eBay. That's how he makes part of his living. His advantage over others is that he's in the auto salvage business. Several farmers I know in our area collect American Indian artifacts because their advantage is the indians used to live on land that they farm.

There's always people that can get an upper hand because they are in the right place at the right time. Some people call them unscrupulous. Why???

Uhhhhh, I'll take I don't care for $200, Alex
    So when I have an opportunity to get a couple extra posters to get back some of the 10's of thousands of dollars I have spent on posters over the years, I do not see a problem with that. I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value.

Don't mean any harm and sorry to edit your quote, but this is all that matters the rest was just jiberish.....

Right now unfortunatetly you are not letting the market determine the value you, yourself is determining the value. Right now his posters are hard to get but once they are released through the various means it will be easier and prices will go down.

But you are driving the prices up by coming home and putting them on Ebay not even 24 hours after you got them. You are trying to get the maximum value which is greed. If you are not greedy you should have waited a few months then sold them.... probably for less.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    KDH12 wrote:
    Uhhhhh, I'll take I don't care for $200, Alex

over in that boneyard i found a shishonee arrow head

enough about fucking ebay and flipping... it's life... deal with it
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Next, I would like to say that I have over 400 posters in my collection, see expressobeans for proof. Of those about 360 are Pearl Jam.

big deal. i could have an eb page with every pj poster, doesn't mean its proof. its also not an excuse to flip.
    I am sure that my daughters are bigger fans of PJ than some of you are, they are 11 and 15 and have been to 10 shows already. I have been to 99 shows myself since 1992 and a fan club memeber for almost that long.

i'm sure your daughters (who are huge pearl jam fans) are psyched that you are selling their posters on ebay.
    I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value. I never put a buy it now price or a reserve.

thats because ebay has a promotion going right now that if you list something for $9.99 or less there are no insertion fees.
    I also would not ever pay someone to trick Brad or anyone else into selling me more posters.

wait, didn't you just admit to having your daughters buy you more posters to flip on ebay? hmmmmm.
    The last time I checked we still live in a free society and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I see everyday people judging others and trying to force their opinions onto them. It is not right. We are all entitled to live our lives the way we see fit. We are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not say pursuit of what makes other people happy. Just because you do not agree with the way I do things is not my problem. I am not you.

true. but obviously brad has an opinion of you as well since he specifically said in his post that he saw people paying kids to buy his posters for them. it sounds like he was referring to you.
    I also do not spend countless hours online in message rooms I have much better things to do with my life than sit around and gossip about people I do not know or have never met.

obviously that is because you are out buying posters to flip and finding celebrities to pose with and/or climb into the front seats of their cars.

in closing, you might start asking yourself in the future, "what would batman do?" since he is a role model of yours and all.

sincerely,
    sweet adeline
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,697

in closing, you might start asking yourself in the future, "what would batman do?"

http://www.frankdecaro.com/recipes/photos/batman-and-robin/Batman%20Kiss.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland