Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Well, I see the Flatstock Flippers have put up their first batches of prints. Good job guys!

Brad could have stopped the person who got a few prints for sale now....... all he had to do was get people's names and match that with the print number.... the dude selling them give the print number in the auction. It is really the only way to catch flippers.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12 wrote:
    Brad could have stopped the person who got a few prints for sale now....... all he had to do was get people's names and match that with the print number.... the dude selling them give the print number in the auction. It is really the only way to catch flippers.
    No matter what you do, you can't stop flipping. It's the reality of the market. Limit the amount of product and that's what happens. And to be honest with you, I can't blame the seller or the artist. I just deal with it. If I get what I want, great. If not, oh well.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Lizardking wrote:
    When I saw people buying one of everything, I knew they would be flipping them. I would think a true fan would of already had a few of them. I really liked the Gorge and L.A. but I already have them so I didn't need to buy them from Brad. I would have picked some up and taken care of some of you guys but really I was a little light in the wallet, but I saw more than a few buying everything.

Did you ever think that people were picking up one of everything because he was helping people out who couldn't make it -- like me.
    I was third in line, right behind Seattlebatman, who brought his two daughters and got three each of many of the posters. But he seemed on good terms with Brad, on a first name basis, chatting with Brad and talking about meting up again.
    I didn't like how people were shoving and elbowing and screaming out that certain people were there to buy stuff for eBay. Someone ass decided to direct a comment my way when it was my turn.
    I also heard people talking trash about Lizard King because he obvously got in early.
    Other artists were stopping by, making smart-ass comments to Brad. Someone's stupid girlfriend was running around, asking other artists where Brad Klausen's booth was at until she found it.
    The whole scene was pretty pathetic really.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • bicyclejoe wrote:
    Did you ever think that people were picking up one of everything because he was helping people out who couldn't make it -- like me.
    I was third in line, right behind Seattlebatman, who brought his two daughters and got three each of many of the posters. But he seemed on good terms with Brad, on a first name basis, chatting with Brad and talking about meting up again.
    I didn't like how people were shoving and elbowing and screaming out that certain people were there to buy stuff for eBay. Someone ass decided to direct a comment my way when it was my turn.
    I also heard people talking trash about Lizard King because he obvously got in early.
    Other artists were stopping by, making smart-ass comments to Brad. Someone's stupid girlfriend was running around, asking other artists where Brad Klausen's booth was at until she found it.

Yea was kinda a zoo, seemed strange everyone was in Brad's line. Yea I got in early, just got lucky and bought a vendor ticket from a guy outside, not one person in that line can say they wouldn't have been as happy as I was to get in early.
    I heard dumbass comments about "hurry and get them on ebay". Just stupid people that don't know me at all. I would have bought more than I did for some of my buddies that PM'd me, but really I was already $300 into this, so I just got what I needed, if I had more I would have bought a purple VIC, see someone already put up on ebay.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • KDH12 wrote:

Yeah but then what? It's not illegal to re-sell them. The purchase has already been made so what can you do after getting their name?
    bicyclejoe wrote:

First name basis or not he better be responsible with the posters that his daughters bought.
    Yeah but then what? It's not illegal to re-sell them. The purchase has already been made so what can you do after getting their name?

At the very least be could not sell to that person again, there are other artist that have a no sell list that are building.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    KDH12 wrote:
    At the very least be could not sell to that person again, there are other artist that have a no sell list that are building.

I seriously can't imagine that brad has the time (or the inclination) to do such a list...as he's already said he's way behind in art work he has to do, plus getting sorted for Boombershoot ;), plus getting the site up and running......oh yeah and his day job (as cool as it it)
    I need a coffee!
  • "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    KDH12 wrote:
    The above search was for items for sale by seattlebatman only. :) There sure are alot on there. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
    Yeah, I only searched for Klausens that he was flipping. ;)

ahhhh I see, that is some stupid shit.......
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    here's a little bit about why seattlebatman and brad seem to know each other. i won't go so far as to say "stalker".....read what he has posted about it here.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    here's a little bit about why seattlebatman and brad seem to know each other. i won't go so far as to say "stalker".....read what he has posted about it here.

After reading that post and checking out his myspace, I would definitely use the word stalker. He camps outside the 10 Club waiting for Brad to come out. As if that wasn't enough, check out some of the pictures on his Myspace. his one in particular creeps me out:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=108109790&albumID=0&imageID=2753460

Also note how thrilled Pacino and Newman look to be taking pictures with him.
  • 10c and /or BK need to go ahead and put some Klausen's up for sale so these flippers don't get top $. Even an announcement of a future sale would put the kibosh on these guys.
    the Minions
  • 10c and /or BK need to go ahead and put some Klausen's up for sale so these flippers don't get top $. Even an announcement of a future sale would put the kibosh on these guys.

Agree 100%. They could certainly help fan some of this fire but that would probably make too much sense.
  • Agree 100%. They could certainly help fan some of this fire but that would probably make too much sense.

It's time....I wouldn't have ever imagined that we'd be waiting for over a year for some of these to sell.
    the Minions
  • I just wish that someone would give us a word when they would be for sale online. I know chances are slim for getting one online but I sure don't want to have to purchase one of these off the eBay flippers. Not trying to sound like a hypocrite because I have purchased posters off eBay before but IF we weren't being held-up by 10c and BK's website failures I would at least know my options of purchasing on the secondary market. EB trades have not actually been fruitful for me because everyone seems to want an inflated trade in their favor. I've been trying but I still haven't found a true market value for alot of BK's stuff. This is because the delay in all of it reaching the secondary market. If we could just get some closure. ;)
    the Minions
  • What's become of bostonlou?

this board has become boring.
    the Minions
  • After reading that post and checking out his myspace, I would definitely use the word stalker. He camps outside the 10 Club waiting for Brad to come out. As if that wasn't enough, check out some of the pictures on his Myspace. his one in particular creeps me out:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=108109790&albumID=0&imageID=2753460

Also note how thrilled Pacino and Newman look to be taking pictures with him.

yeah, he is practically crawling into the car with newman and walter peyton.

psycho much? a much too much.
  • the site should launch this week...i don't want to say a time for certain, because as we know, it's fallen through in the past.

I still have hawaii's, dusseldorfs, copenhagen, vics, and more...

I honestly don't understand why someone would spend $450 - 600 on the hawaii poster.

The main reason i didn't want to go to flatstock was for everything that has transpired. People were paying kids to come up and buy posters for them, and it wasn't until that had happened multiple times amongst the chaos of the first day that we caught on to it. It's all overwhelmeing and disheartening and ugly. And i am doing my best not to focus on the few greedy, selfish assholes who are ruining this for everyone...especially me. I love making art, and feel very fortunate to make a living doing so, and a few individuals are taking something i love and putting a cancer on it, for their own empty financial profit. i am doing my best to stay positive about human beings as a species, but it's tough when you are constantly reminded at how ugly human beings can be.

For the most part, i am done. I will always make art and have a desire to make art, but i am done wasting any more time with the ugliness of human greed and the unfounded sense of entitlemnet some people have and the bombardment of everyone's opinions on what i should be doing. I appreciate all the support from the truly genuine people who just appreciate my posters for what they are, a piece of art to commemorate a show they went to. It's foolish of me to even be here right now reading any of this, and further contributing to it, it only causes my focus to remain on an ugly subject matter. Message boards are not healthy, productive places.

the site should be up this week...
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    What's become of bostonlou?

this board has become boring.

vacation

17 days of drinking in maine

and now i'm back and trying to catch up... but in no rush
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • sorry to hear that you have been soured BK. i suppose i would be too by some of those bastards.

hopefully the true goodness that is most of the people who purchase your posters can out weigh the negative of some of those douches.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    number 7 wrote:
    the site should launch this week...i don't want to say a time for certain, because as we know, it's fallen through in the past.

I honestly don't understand why someone would spend $450 - 600 on the hawaii poster.

The main reason i didn't want to go to flatstock was for everything that has transpired. People were paying kids to come up and buy posters for them, and it wasn't until that had happened multiple times amongst the chaos of the first day that we caught on to it. It's all overwhelmeing and disheartening and ugly. And i am doing my best not to focus on the few greedy, selfish assholes who are ruining this for everyone...especially me. I love making art, and feel very fortunate to make a living doing so, and a few individuals are taking something i love and putting a cancer on it, for their own empty financial profit. i am doing my best to stay positive about human beings as a species, but it's tough when you are constantly reminded at how ugly human beings can be.

For the most part, i am done. I will always make art and have a desire to make art, but i am done wasting any more time with the ugliness of human greed and the unfounded sense of entitlemnet some people have and the bombardment of everyone's opinions on what i should be doing. I appreciate all the support from the truly genuine people who just appreciate my posters for what they are, a piece of art to commemorate a show they went to. It's foolish of me to even be here right now reading any of this, and further contributing to it, it only causes my focus to remain on an ugly subject matter. Message boards are not healthy, productive places.

It saddens me to know that you are feeling this way because "supposed fans" are ruining the art that you put so much time and effort into making. I know scalping will never go away as long as there is a market for it but, please brad, try not to let these fuckers get to you. Through your art you make so many people happy and don't ever stop.

I don't feel like a hypocrate saying that ebay sellers are pure and utter scalpers even though I have bought at extremely inflated prices, I wanted the art.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people on this board need to get some perspective in their lives and realise that having or not having a poster is not the end of the world and there are far more important things in this world to be getting worked up about.

Thanks for the info brad and I look forward to the sale, and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get the poster I want.

Peace :D
    I need a coffee!
  • number 7 wrote:
    the site should launch this week...i don't want to say a time for certain, because as we know, it's fallen through in the past.

Thanks for the update, hope all goes well with the launch, not for us but for you as it sounds like you do not need anymore frustrations or headaches from doing something that you love and that you have the talent to do.

Stay positive some of us just want you art, to frame and display with a sence of pleasure and are not in it to make a profit from someones elses gift of talent.

Thanks for your hard work.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Money makes people do stupid things. Best of luck with your site launch. There really are good people out there, just like in elementary school a few naughty kids ruins play time for everyone.
  • number 7 wrote:
    Great to hear. Looking forward to the launch.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Brad, sorry people have left a bad taste in your mouth. I was very happy to get to talk to you while you set up. I love your art, and the combination of your art and Pearl Jam has always been a great thing to me. Thanks for being agreat guy, It made me a very happy fan to get the 4 posters I got at Flatstock.

Glad your site will be up soon, and I hope to get to talk with you again.

Lizardking
    (Chad)
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)