Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Niko80 wrote:
    I I have seen some threads about it on U2 boards and there people there that picked it up and other people commenting it in a positive way.Regretting they didnt pick it up.

Another thing is that U2 doesnt do concert posters. Down the line, this might be one of very few concert posters featuring U2 when they stop playing. What will happen then?

And yes, U2 and pearl jam have played together before, but the point of the post was that this time it happened with a kick ass concert poster to tell the tale. I have friends that are U2 fans too, and they are wanting one pretty bad! Just for the fact that U2 concert posters pretty much doesnt exist.

Actually, I searched the U2.com foruma nd could find no mention of it. Second, there are a lot of U2 concert posters out there, dating back to their early days when the posters said U-2. Many of those sell for $500+ on eBay. I own some. They clearly advertise and mark music history.
    These are my two favorite bands. I own the Klausen poster because of that. But really, I wouldn't if I didn't already collect Pearl Jam posters. Frankly, the image does nothing for me. It's too abstract. Doesn't seem like a "gig poster." The people who say it's two hard to make out the letters are right.
    I think, in the end, the DC will be more collectible. It perfectly reflects a time and marks a tribal gathering.

This is my favorite U2 poster:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/3...edec8a85_o.jpg
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Actually, I searched the U2.com foruma nd could find no mention of it. Second, there are a lot of U2 concert posters out there, dating back to their early days when the posters said U-2. Many of those sell for $500+ on eBay. I own some. They clearly advertise and mark music history.
    These are my two favorite bands. I own the Klausen poster because of that. But really, I wouldn't if I didn't already collect Pearl Jam posters. Frankly, the image does nothing for me. It's too abstract. Doesn't seem like a "gig poster." The people who say it's two hard to make out the letters are right.
    I think, in the end, the DC will be more collectible. It perfectly reflects a time and marks a tribal gathering.

This is my favorite U2 poster:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/3...edec8a85_o.jpg

We'll see what happens down the line. Here is link I found by googling:

http://forum.interference.com/t171223.html

You can see how the Rolling Stone and Pearl jam 1997 Oakland poster being hard to obtain, this will be the same story.

But truthfully, I dont really care what happens. I dont speculate in posters. They all end up on my wall, and they dont leave there until I am forced to. I am just under the impression that this particuar poster will become something big. DC too no doubt. I have an offer of buying a DC S/N for 450 bucks. I think its worth it! Im gonna do it:-) It will look great beside the Toronto and Spain Klausen!
    I will swallow poison
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    I really like Emeks work, but I actually dont like his 96 Pearl jam.. The wave he did is amazing though. But thats just me. Hope you find what you are looking for :)
    I own both and the 96 blows the wave out of the water. The inks on the 96 are so vibrant and looking at it online does it no justice IMO.
  • Qball wrote:
    I own both and the 96 blows the wave out of the water. The inks on the 96 are so vibrant and looking at it online does it no justice IMO.

My opinion is based on the pictures I have seen online, so you are probably right.. Some prints you've just gotto see in real life. :)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
    Qball wrote:

Have you seen the wave in person?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Yes I see it everyday when i get home from work ;) The wave is a nice one but I will take the 96 over it! The metallic inks on the 96 are amazing.
    My opinion is based on the pictures I have seen online, so you are probably right.. Some prints you've just gotto see in real life. :)
    You are 100% right. That works both ways as well. I've seen posters online that looked better as a jpeg, For the majority, especially with Emek, the posters are better in person. I recently got a WPB 98 and it is not that great in person.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Qball wrote:

hey... any luck on the print?

if not could you just refund my money today?

thanks
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Qball wrote:
    You are 100% right. That works both ways as well. I've seen posters online that looked better as a jpeg, For the majority, especially with Emek, the posters are better in person. I recently got a WPB 98 and it is not that great in person.

A great example of this is the Emek QOTSA Berlin. That poster is absolutely STUNNING in person. It's consistently outshadowed by the Koln poster though.
  • anyone see the new frame job on the emek on eb? pretty killer

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/683

i've got 1200 for anyone with a signed doodled minty fresh one
    wasss19 wrote:
    anyone see the new frame job on the emek on eb? pretty killer

Damn this is tempting... I do plan on selling off my whole collection soon but I bought this poster for $10 and it was the first poster I ever bought so I think this one is staying but if I ever do sell it, it's yours. Also mine has the old school peace doodle!
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    wasss19 wrote:

Killer frame job ! Who´s done that ? WOW!
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    I think I'm in the minority here in that I don't like that frame job. I think that it's fine to use double matts, etc. to bring out some of the colors better, but this one strays into 'adding' to the art. I'm sure that it's not he effect that Emek would have added.
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I really like Emeks work, but I actually dont like his 96 Pearl jam.. The wave he did is amazing though. But thats just me. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

I also own the '96 PJ Charlotte poster by Emek. It's been one of my favorites for 11 years now. I even bought the mousepad version for work, so I could look at it all day. (dork, I know) The imagery is fantastic, as are the colors. The way the guitars rise up, the band lettering, the peace sign breaking the chains through music. It's all wonderful in person.

I also have the '06 wave art print. though it's imagery and detail is equally amazing I think the hemp paper mutes the colors a wee bit. JMO, I still love it.

Peace,
    KJ
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I also own the '96 PJ Charlotte poster by Emek. It's been one of my favorites for 11 years now. I even bought the mousepad version for work, so I could look at it all day. (dork, I know) The imagery is fantastic, as are the colors. The way the guitars rise up, the band lettering, the peace sign breaking the chains through music. It's all wonderful in person.

I also have the '06 wave art print. though it's imagery and detail is equally amazing I think the hemp paper mutes the colors a wee bit. JMO, I still love it.

Peace,
    KJ
    Yeah I have the art print and the Pearl Jam wave print and the PJ print looks much better because it is on white not hemp. The paper on the art print definitely mutes the color though.
    kj1nyr wrote:

Peace,
    KJ

guess what mousepad I have

yes... a PJ Firehouse

bitch

;) hahaha
  • bostonlou wrote:

yes... a PJ Firehouse

bitch

;) hahaha

But where's the print in your flat file?

Yeah, I got you...
  • Qball wrote:
    Damn this is tempting... I do plan on selling off my whole collection soon but I bought this poster for $10 and it was the first poster I ever bought so I think this one is staying but if I ever do sell it, it's yours. Also mine has the old school peace doodle!

ten dollars??!! how'd you manage that? is it mint and signed as well? c'mooon, you're telling me you do'nt wanna make an $1190 profit!? haha jk, enjoy it man.
    bostonlou wrote:

yes... a PJ Firehouse

bitch

;) hahaha

Jealous? :)
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Jealous? :)

no... just trying to let you know how selfish you are

crushing a little boys dreams!!
    wasss19 wrote:
    ten dollars??!! how'd you manage that? is it mint and signed as well? c'mooon, you're telling me you do'nt wanna make an $1190 profit!? haha jk, enjoy it man.

Crazy to think that most of my older PJ posters were bought at the shows for between $10 to $12 bucks and now they're all worth several hundreds of bucks. I think that includes my '95s, '96s and possibly most of my '98s that I paid that little. Along with the resale on my current house if I could part with them I could probably afford that house in Kihei, Maui (my dream).

Then of course my Firehouse was free. bwaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
    wasss19 wrote:

Sorry, but that's about the ugliest frame job I have seen. That mat job is ridiculous -- an insult to the art by trying to become part f the art. Pretty trashy.
    Fantastic print though.
    bostonlou wrote:
    no... just trying to let you know how selfish you are

crushing a little boys dreams!!

Been doing that since I hit puberty pal. Gal's gotta have a hobby. What can I say?
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Niko80 wrote:
    We'll see what happens down the line. Here is link I found by googling:

http://forum.interference.com/t171223.html

You can see how the Rolling Stone and Pearl jam 1997 Oakland poster being hard to obtain, this will be the same story.

But truthfully, I dont really care what happens. I dont speculate in posters. They all end up on my wall, and they dont leave there until I am forced to. I am just under the impression that this particuar poster will become something big. DC too no doubt. I have an offer of buying a DC S/N for 450 bucks. I think its worth it! Im gonna do it:-) It will look great beside the Toronto and Spain Klausen!

I'm just waiting for the Spain from the MasterFramer... Then I have my elusive three.....

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Toddpix/Pearl%20Jam/
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • cerebus wrote:
    I think I'm in the minority here in that I don't like that frame job. I think that it's fine to use double matts, etc. to bring out some of the colors better, but this one strays into 'adding' to the art. I'm sure that it's not he effect that Emek would have added.

I concur.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I'm just waiting for the Spain from the MasterFramer... Then I have my elusive three.....

Looks great! That Toronto one was fantastic! Your frame jobs gave me alot of inspiration. Thank you!

Any examples on Hawaii and dusseldorf?
    I will swallow poison
    cerebus wrote:

I also concur..... Yuk....

Niko80 wrote:
    Looks great! That Toronto one was fantastic! Your frame jobs gave me alot of inspiration. Thank you!

Any examples on Hawaii and dusseldorf?

Come on MasterFramer... Show off the Dusseldorf...

He has that one in a frame that looks killer as well!

Hawaii soon.... After Spain, and probably 10,000 Lakes, and Showbox, and.....

• GR8Dane wrote:

great pics........I especially like the placement of the pelican??? (or whatever bird that is)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bicyclejoe wrote:

yes ,
    i have :)

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg