Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Niko80 wrote:
    I wrote this in another trade but regretted that I didnt post it here as I would like to hear others opinion.

Posting it here as well.

And I would also like to mention one thing that I havent seen mentioned before. The Hawaii Klausen is for two of the biggest bands in the world. It documents a historic moment. U2 and Pearl Jam, playing together. That doesnt happen alot, and especially with such cool art to come with it!

The poster also covers two fan bases. Not just pj fans wanting this. U2 fans will also be interested in it. This just strengten its demand considerably. This is a poster that will be very sought after in time. In 5 years or so, paying 400 for this will most likely be a bargain!

The DC will be sought after too. It will be sold for huge money, but it lacks the 'power of the event' that the hawaii has. DC wasn't a special occation other than it was a kick ass pearl jam show. The hawaii on the other hand tells the tale of U2 and pearl jam, two legends in rock history, come together on one special december night in Hawaii!

Wow! That makes me smile from ear to ear remembering how I was there! Thanks.

Oh, and it was my birthday too!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Probably got cleaned out at flatstock.

I don't think there were any DC at Flatstock (I think he's been out of these for quite a while) ... Gorge, yes, but pretty sure there were no DC.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Probably got cleaned out at flatstock.

No DC at Flatstock this year but, I did pick up one last year!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Niko80 wrote:
    I wrote this in another trade but regretted that I didnt post it here as I would like to hear others opinion.

Posting it here as well.

And I would also like to mention one thing that I havent seen mentioned before. The Hawaii Klausen is for two of the biggest bands in the world. It documents a historic moment. U2 and Pearl Jam, playing together. That doesnt happen alot, and especially with such cool art to come with it!

The poster also covers two fan bases. Not just pj fans wanting this. U2 fans will also be interested in it. This just strengten its demand considerably. This is a poster that will be very sought after in time. In 5 years or so, paying 400 for this will most likely be a bargain!

The DC will be sought after too. It will be sold for huge money, but it lacks the 'power of the event' that the hawaii has. DC wasn't a special occation other than it was a kick ass pearl jam show. The hawaii on the other hand tells the tale of U2 and pearl jam, two legends in rock history, come together on one special december night in Hawaii!

i think the u2 aspect actually decreases the value of the poster believe it or not. plenty of pj fans have told me they'd be going after this print if it didn't say u2 on it. and u2 fans, i just don't think there's a demand there.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Honolulu Hawaii PJ & U2 for :

1 LA Klausen
    and 1 Toronto Dragons

( 2 for 1 )

i will hold back my reaction , until after i read some of my co- posterfanatics reactons,.....

I wouldnt do that trade, from both sides :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    wasss19 wrote:
    i think the u2 aspect actually decreases the value of the poster believe it or not. plenty of pj fans have told me they'd be going after this print if it didn't say u2 on it. and u2 fans, i just don't think there's a demand there.

These are my two favorite bands. I own the poster because of that. But really, I wouldn't if I didn't already collect Pearl Jam posters. Frankly, the image does nothing for me. It's too abstract. Doesn't seem like a "gig poster." The people who say it's two hard to make out the letters are right.
    I think, in the end, the DC will be more collectible. It perfectly reflects a time and marks a tribal gathering.

This is my favorite U2 poster:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/320504349_15edec8a85_o.jpg
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bicyclejoe wrote:
    Great poster. Doesn't look like a band who would sell out to Steve Jobs.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Great poster. Doesn't look like a band who would sell out to Steve Jobs.

Fuck Steve Jobs...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Great poster. Doesn't look like a band who would sell out to Steve Jobs.

Actually, they didn't sell out to Steve Jobs. Do the research and you will find that they didn't take a dime for the U2 iPod. They let their name be used to promote legal digital downloading. A good place to start: Springsteen's graceful and humorous speech inducting U2 into the RNR Hall of Fame.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Fuck Steve Jobs...
    I agree. But the point I was trying to make was U2 going to bed with him, selling their name to Apple. You think PJ would do that? I Don't So.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I agree. But the point I was trying to make was U2 going to bed with him, selling their name to Apple. You think PJ would do that? I Don't So.

No I know what you were getting at... I just couldnt resist :D
  • Probably got cleaned out at flatstock.
    you mean flipstock..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    you mean flipstock..........

On fire Speedy!!

Damn you a funny man :D
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    The other day on the Artillery site it said the LA wasnt available then today it says its sold out....
    So did it become available on the site for sale??
  • All I know is that if you are a Klausen fan you really need to pick up and EODM print... at $45 s/n, it's a steal. Great Print. Nice and big with some great metallic gold ink on the trim.
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    All I know is that if you are a Klausen fan you really need to pick up and EODM print... at $45 s/n, it's a steal. Great Print. Nice and big with some great metallic gold ink on the trim.

Still kickin myself......
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    Still kickin myself......

Still available at Artillary!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Lizardking wrote:
    Still available at Artillary!!!

I'm giving Brad a break.... Or my credit card????
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • aus_suz wrote:
    The other day on the Artillery site it said the LA wasnt available then today it says its sold out....
    So did it become available on the site for sale??

All the "not for purchase" changed to "sold out" so the LA was never available at Artillery
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • its 3am and i cant sleep....

i have been flipping and flopping all night.........

fuck........
  • me too thats why you need the vodka and red bull
  • me too thats why you need the vodka and red bull
    you are a flipper too?????
  • I realize it probably shouldn't be in the 07 thread but considering this is the only thread where posters get discussed at any length i'll go ahead and post it. does anyone here own the 96 EMEK? that and the d.c. are my two favorite pearl jam prints, been trying to get my hands on the EMEK but they're pretty elusive, not to mention pricey. Anyone have a signed/doodled mint one they wanna sell?
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    I know a lot of U2 fans (I am one). None of them like the poster. For one thing, they think the letters is too hard to read. There doesn't seem to be much desire from the U2 crowd for this poster. Just go over to the U2.com forums. No talk of it.

Second, U2 and Pearl Jam played several shows together in the 90's during U2's ZooTv tour.

I I have seen some threads about it on U2 boards and there people there that picked it up and other people commenting it in a positive way.Regretting they didnt pick it up.

Another thing is that U2 doesnt do concert posters. Down the line, this might be one of very few concert posters featuring U2 when they stop playing. What will happen then?

And yes, U2 and pearl jam have played together before, but the point of the post was that this time it happened with a kick ass concert poster to tell the tale. I have friends that are U2 fans too, and they are wanting one pretty bad! Just for the fact that U2 concert posters pretty much doesnt exist.
    I will swallow poison
  • wasss19 wrote:
    I realize it probably shouldn't be in the 07 thread but considering this is the only thread where posters get discussed at any length i'll go ahead and post it. does anyone here own the 96 EMEK? that and the d.c. are my two favorite pearl jam prints, been trying to get my hands on the EMEK but they're pretty elusive, not to mention pricey. Anyone have a signed/doodled mint one they wanna sell?

I really like Emeks work, but I actually dont like his 96 Pearl jam.. The wave he did is amazing though. But thats just me. Hope you find what you are looking for :)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    its 3am and i cant sleep....

fuck........
    If you can't sleep, a good remedy is to watch this movie.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    its 3am and i cant sleep....

fuck........

I gave my wife a good flip last night. They I went flop.
  • cerebus wrote:
    I gave my wife a good flip last night. They I went flop.

Ah....... Jesus
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    All the "not for purchase" changed to "sold out" so the LA was never available at Artillery

Cheers thanks for verifying that ...I wasnt sure. I thought I may have missed it....:)