Options

GA line, both attendees required for the entire time?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556

Question?

Since we have been able to get rid of those PIECES OF SHIT, known as the "Line and the Listers" (and I know EXACTLY who you idiots are), Has there been any posts here on this board, THIS TOUR, about any nonsense in the GA line? Have their been any negative posts, in regards to how people are behaving in the GA line? Because if there have been any negative posts, accusing people of acting like assholes, I sure the hell haven't come across those posts. Not one.

So I assume the lack of problems is because of the statement about the rules of the line that 10C released about it.... the one that you apparently don't agree with.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    wall232 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Are people lined up for philly yet?

I'm lined up for MSG already. Got me a slice from Sbarros and my depends on, all set. See you all Sunday.
    Well I have a few questions for you.

1. Is your wife in line with you? Because if not, well then back to the end of the line you go?

2. Do you have any physical ailments of any kind, that may hinder you enjoyment of GA seating? Because if you do? You will be asked to leave GA immediately.

3. How is the Sbarros?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Question?

Since we have been able to get rid of those PIECES OF SHIT, known as the "Line and the Listers" (and I know EXACTLY who you idiots are), Has there been any posts here on this board, THIS TOUR, about any nonsense in the GA line? Have their been any negative posts, in regards to how people are behaving in the GA line? Because if there have been any negative posts, accusing people of acting like assholes, I sure the hell haven't come across those posts. Not one.

So I assume the lack of problems is because of the statement about the rules of the line that 10C released about it.... the one that you apparently don't agree with.
    You are a real pleasure.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Question?

You are a real pleasure.

Yeah, you too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

speedy exactly knows the idiots...
    dude i just became one of THEM and you don't know me...YET...but you will
    cheese whiz

You are one of the "Line and Listers"?
    Really? And you come here and admit to it?
    ahhhh so you don't know all the idiots after-all!
    i still have the black marker on my forehead from last tour. it won't come off...and that my friend is still my # in line. sorry man....bummer for you!
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Jimminez said:

I don't get the "when I get there and I'm xx in line and then when peoples +1 shows up I'm yy in line now" how does that really matter? When you got there there could have been already yy in line and you can't go back in time to get there earlier to be xx in line. I get that it's a disappointment but there are often +1 that come it. I've never seen no additional people show up prior to doors opening (I know double negative). I get, if you are the first 10 and that you have been there overnight, but if we are talking about the first 40 there are always people coming in and joining. So #45 should be surprised to become #50.

Canadian leg starts next Thursday. See everyone there!

Exactly...perfectly said. I ALWAYS expect the number of people in front of me to grow because of +1's. If there are 10 in front of me, I'll expect to be 20th by the time doors open. A mass group of people rushing the door is a completely different thing, but I always take into account +1's. I assume the ticket holder shows up early and has someone joining them. If that's not the case, and all +1's are already ahead of me, BONUS.

I get there when I get there. If I count 10 people in front of me, which later becomes 15 because of +1's, what does it really change? Nothing. It didn't change the time I got there. If those extra 5 people were there when I got there or if they show up later, it makes absolutely 0 difference to where I end up. The only difference is the number I place in my head and the hopes I have for my spot. All of this 'I put my time in' and 'so and so doesn't deserve it' is all petty, immature nonsense to me.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Question?

Or the lack of problems is the fact that most people know how to act like decent human beings with common sense. Those people have figured out how to police themselves in a line, without having to turn it in to rocket science.

But I did LOVE when you questioned the person with physical ailments. That was better than you throwing the guys wife out of line.

YOU ARE ON A ROLL!!!
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

wall232 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Are people lined up for philly yet?

I'm lined up for MSG already. Got me a slice from Sbarros and my depends on, all set. See you all Sunday.
    Well I have a few questions for you.

1. Is your wife in line with you? Because if not, well then back to the end of the line you go?

2. Do you have any physical ailments of any kind, that may hinder you enjoyment of GA seating? Because if you do? You will be asked to leave GA immediately.

3. How is the Sbarros?

1- My wife told me she wouldn't want to be next to my stinky ass in GA so she will hang in the back. I think I will have plenty of room on the rail.

2- All good besides a really nasty bone spur that keeps me from standing too long, I have a throw away fold out chair for the long wait, not sure what I'll do once at the rail.

3- Sbarros is terrible but it was convenient.

NYPJ
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Question?

Or the lack of problems is the fact that most people know how to act like decent human beings with common sense. Those people have figured out how to police themselves in a line, without having to turn it in to rocket science.

But I did LOVE when you questioned the person with physical ailments. That was better than you throwing the guys wife out of line.

YOU ARE ON A ROLL!!!
    Speedy, we all know it's not a problem in real life, almost everyone in the lines are cool. This is just what the internet does to people.
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    I know one thing for sure - there won't be any GA line issues at Fenway ... LOL
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited April 2016

Jimminez said:

I don't get the "when I get there and I'm xx in line and then when peoples +1 shows up I'm yy in line now" how does that really matter? When you got there there could have been already yy in line and you can't go back in time to get there earlier to be xx in line. I get that it's a disappointment but there are often +1 that come it. I've never seen no additional people show up prior to doors opening (I know double negative). I get, if you are the first 10 and that you have been there overnight, but if we are talking about the first 40 there are always people coming in and joining. So #45 should be surprised to become #50.

Exactly...perfectly said. I ALWAYS expect the number of people in front of me to grow because of +1's. If there are 10 in front of me, I'll expect to be 20th by the time doors open. A mass group of people rushing the door is a completely different thing, but I always take into account +1's. I assume the ticket holder shows up early and has someone joining them. If that's not the case, and all +1's are already ahead of me, BONUS.

I get there when I get there. If I count 10 people in front of me, which later becomes 15 because of +1's, what does it really change? Nothing. It didn't change the time I got there. If those extra 5 people were there when I got there or if they show up later, it makes absolutely 0 difference to where I end up. The only difference is the number I place in my head and the hopes I have for my spot. All of this 'I put my time in' and 'so and so doesn't deserve it' is all petty, immature nonsense to me.
    So you are telling me that if you are 30th in line 30 hrs before the event and in a great spot to get a rail location you could care less if 30 people jumped ahead of you and knocked you back to the second row? If it does not bother you how can you not understand that it may bother others?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Question?

YOU ARE ON A ROLL!!!
    Well if all the problems hadn't existed right up until 10C made that statement I would consider what you're saying. Since that isn't the case, no, I don't agree that that is why there are no issues.

I didn't question it, as though they have no right to be there or anything. Despite what you've conjured up about me in your own head, I'm a decent person. I really just meant it more as a question. How does a person with severe chronic pain stand in GA for 6 hours? Wasn't meant as a suggesting that they shouldn't be there if they want to be.

[Name calling deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Jimminez said:

Well, if you don't give a shit, why did you start this thread? Just bring in your +1 and deal with any possible consequences. If it were me, I would probably talk to at least five people in back of me and make sure it is cool. Most people would be fine with it if you talk with them and are nice. I just don't like people being sneaky and not even asking if it's alright.

Speedy and PJ_Soul need to just hug it out!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Post deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I love this thread
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    CapnBob said:

Amen :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    on2legs said:

CapnBob said:

Just nosebleeds lol.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:

I love this thread

Take my wife, please.

• Options
    PJNB said:

on2legs said:

CapnBob said:

Just nosebleeds lol.
    LOL - was thinking longer merch lines ..
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    My take on this...

Who fucking cares? Is that one person really going to keep you from enjoying the show? No.
    If you're 6 inches further back than you would have been from that one person...and you are mad about it...you have some serious problems.

Stop over-analyzing stupid shit and have fun.

Crazy concept.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I actually hope the band does away with GA.
    I'm sure you'll all find something else to bitch about.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,893
    CapnBob said:

Hell yeah!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 said:

I love this thread

Hi stranger!

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    edited April 2016
    Please take your personal issue with each other off the forum. If you cannot get along with someone it's time to put them on ignore. Since we don't have an ignore feature on this forum it will be up to you to not respond to the posts. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk. If you see a problem post please report it and let us handle it.
    Thank you

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

etc., http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    GA lines + merch lines = dumb

1 man's opinion. See you in Philly...unless you're in a line of some sort
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

i am in a line to get in a line to talk about a line...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

Where's your +1?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

rick1zoo2 said:

I love this thread

Take my wife, please.

you can have her as soon as she shows up to the GA line...
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    CapnBob said:

You're in the wrong line. That line is over there
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015