Options

GA line, both attendees required for the entire time?

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited April 2016

PJNB said:

on2legs said:

I understand that people need to b in line to get their spot but if I was in line all day and my wife shows up 4-5 hours later, she would b next to me in line when she arrived. That's kind of strange to think otherwise.

Not according to the ten club.
    They haven't said ANYTHING about your +1. They refer to people people getting a line number and leaving. There is NO PLACE where they state your +1 has to arrive exactly the same time you do and remain by your side the whole time.
    "It is the Ten Club’s position that those that put in the time to wait in the GA line all day should be of the first in the door. Anyone abusing this will be sent to the back of the line. Of course it is necessary to take bathroom breaks, or to jump out of line to pick up tickets at will call when the box office opens. Like any other line that you find yourself standing in for long periods of time in your life, simply have your guest hold that place in line for you temporarily, and communicate to your neighbor that you will be right back. They will ask the same in return from you because this is the right thing to do. The GA line should be a friendly community. Be neighborly and respectful and do not abuse the kindness of your fellow Ten Club members"

I read that as everybody in the line including +1's and Tenclub members but hey what do I know.
    I, and I believe most others, read that as your party, aka whomever holds the tickets, should be in line. If someone purchased the pair, it's up to them what they do with their +1. I'm not going to tell someone they have to go in alone or that they have to go to the back of the line where their +1 is, just because the +1 showed up a couple hours later. Sorry, the 10C email does not clearly say that. I can see how you want to interpret it that way, but that's all it is, an interpretation. Unless 10C clears it up, you can read that different ways.
    No but they do state that those that put in the time to wait in the GA line all day should be of the first in the door.

If the +1 comes later they did not put the time in the line all day as Tenclub states they need to do to be of the first in the door.

:edit

It is sad we can not take people for their word and have to always question if what they say is the truth. If you come up to me in the GA line in QC city I will have no problem saying its ok but don't make me look bad later and abuse the system.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552

^^^^^^This. My wife lives with severe chronic pain. Going to shows is a momentary release from that pain. You think I'm going to make her wait in any line with me? She rests while I do the work. Never had a problem but it doesn't mean that people like those in this thread weren't thinking it. Dissappointed in how people behave.

And don't get me started on that GA group from the 2014 midwest/Denver run! The GA line started on the freaking plane! They shoved their way past rows of seats that people were patiently waiting to exit. It was embarrassing cuz I knew they were PJ fans in a hurry to get to the venue so they could be in line.

It's not like you have to wait in line. Is GA even an appropriate choice for someone with severe chronic pain? How would she stand for 6 hours straight?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nycrats said:

jeez people its a +1 ! the most anyone can bring is a plus ONE.. who cares..
    find a better cause then having a hissy fit at someones wife joining in at 5pm because you may not be eyeball level with eddies balls.

Seems to me the only ones having a hissy fit are the ones who want to get their +1s in without waiting in line.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kc007 said:

yeah, 20 ppl showing up is a bummer... that happened to me at one show. suddenly there were 50 ppl ahead of me instead of 30.

I joined a line shortly before doors once, and just before they opened, the line in front of me grew by at least 50 or 60 people. It even caused chaos, because suddenly everyone was screaming at all of us further down the line to move back so all of these fuckers had room to cut in. It was total bullshit. +1s add up fast.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

I understand that people need to b in line to get their spot but if I was in line all day and my wife shows up 4-5 hours later, she would b next to me in line when she arrived. That's kind of strange to think otherwise.

Not according to the ten club.
    They haven't said ANYTHING about your +1. They refer to people people getting a line number and leaving. There is NO PLACE where they state your +1 has to arrive exactly the same time you do and remain by your side the whole time.
    They said people need to be in line other than for a quick break. Why would the policy be different for your +1?

Yeah really, wtf? Of course 10C's statement applies to +1s.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

What's strange is that you think your wife can budge in front of everyone who's been waiting for hours. Yes, you should be next to your wife... when you join her at the back of the line when she arrives.
    You sound like a real pleasure.
    Lol. Yes, you do too.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

find a better cause then having a hissy fit at someones wife joining in at 5pm because you may not be eyeball level with eddies balls.

Seems to me the only ones having a hissy fit are the ones who want to get their +1s in without waiting in line.
    Would you seriously question someone who is place sitting in line, or just in here? The real world PJ GA line has a mondo different dynamic. I'm the first one to get all assholier than needed in ANY situation, from idiots texting while driving, or any time I feel I'm getting shafted, and this just isn't one of them.

Again, I'm anti-list, pro line.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited April 2016

PJ_Soul said:

nycrats said:

Would you seriously question someone who is place sitting in line, or just in here? The real world PJ GA line has a mondo different dynamic. I'm the first one to get all assholier than needed in ANY situation, from idiots texting while driving, or any time I feel I'm getting shafted, and this just isn't one of them.

Again, I'm anti-list, pro line.
    I would and have, but in my experience, it is a massive crowd of people who appeared in the line ahead of everyone else late in the day. It doesn't matter what I say if there are 50 - 100 people charging in and doing what they want like a bunch of bullies. It was a complete gong show. I wasn't joking when I said they started screaming at people further back in the line. Yelling, screaming, ordering people around. It was absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    I would have raised hell, but I'm a fucking loose cannon.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    My first and only GA experience was back in 96. I was meeting my buddy at the Augusta show. My plan was to show up early and get in line. He was arriving a few hours after me. I didn't even have the tickets!!!! But was maybe 4-5 deep waiting. I told people I didn't have tickets and was waiting on my friend. Nobody cared. They started razzing me a bit when it was getting closer to the doors opening. But everyone cheered when he showed up and we all had a great time.

But again, that was 20 years ago and people were much less insane about the whole experience.
  • Options

I would have raised hell, but I'm a fucking loose cannon.

Well I definitely made comments, tried to ask wtf was going on, but it just wasn't possible for one person to do anything in that situation. It would have taken intervention by security to stop what was happening, and they didn't do shit besides force us to be in the form of a line. Didn't matter to them that all those people were cutting in, as long as there was a line and not a clump.
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited April 2016
    They should really go to a Bruce Springsteen type system. These lines have gotten ridiculous where you don't only need not one but two days now.
    There are also several interpretations of their loosely-enforced rules system. I see one fan here saying that he told his +1 that he cannot join him when he gets out of work. Other fans have the attitude of 'stop being assholes, my +1 can join me'. The system favors those who will want to 'interpret' the rules to say what they want (allowing buddies to join any time), then try to guilt and shame people who dont agree by saying they are 'disappointed' and 'its sad' and its 'only a concert', etc. If thats true, why are you lining up ahead of time anyways? I think the GA ticket distribution is also strife with holes. People with both MSG shows GA?

This fan club/following has become ultra-competitive on most fronts, whether its obtaining tickets, merchandise, or spots in line to be queued into a show. Whether you want to bury your head in the sand or not, there is a large percentage of fans who would push their own mother off a cliff for a poster or some tickets, only to flip said poster or tickets for cash or an upgrade. IMO the entire ticketing and queue system needs to be revised if GA is here to stay.

Im sorry, if someone camps out and is 25th in line for 24 hours, they should expect to be about 25th and shouldnt be pushed back to 50th because everyone's +1s show up at the last minute after sleeping in, enjoying their day, etc. Sure there are a few exceptions maybe like has been outline here, but no way in hell, the intent of the 10C rule implies that only 1 representative per pairing needs to be present.
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    BCBA said:

They should really go to a Bruce Springsteen type system. These lines have gotten ridiculous where you don't only need not one but two days now.
    There are also several interpretations of their loosely-enforced rules system. I see one fan here saying that he told his +1 that he cannot join him when he gets out of work. Other fans have the attitude of 'stop being assholes, my +1 can join me'. The system favors those who will want to 'interpret' the rules to say what they want (allowing buddies to join any time), then try to guilt and shame people who dont agree by saying they are 'disappointed' and 'its sad' and its 'only a concert', etc. If thats true, why are you lining up ahead of time anyways? I think the GA ticket distribution is also strife with holes. People with both MSG shows GA?

This fan club/following has become ultra-competitive on most fronts, whether its obtaining tickets, merchandise, or spots in line to be queued into a show. Whether you want to bury your head in the sand or not, there is a large percentage of fans who would push their own mother off a cliff for a poster or some tickets, only to flip said poster or tickets for cash or an upgrade. IMO the entire ticketing and queue system needs to be revised if GA is here to stay.

Im sorry, if someone camps out and is 25th in line for 24 hours, they should expect to be about 25th and shouldnt be pushed back to 50th because everyone's +1s show up at the last minute after sleeping in, enjoying their day, etc. Sure there are a few exceptions maybe like has been outline here, but no way in hell, the intent of the 10C rule implies that only 1 representative per pairing needs to be present.

Well said - captured the scene and thoughts around this perfectly.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    edited April 2016
    BCBA said:

Great post, and I totally agree that they should go with the Springsteen system. Sounds like that works so well, and no waiting necessary. I don't understand why 10C won't do this. It's been suggested to them a million times, and it's not hard to pull off.
  • Options
    scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    edited April 2016
    BCBA said:

I think the GA ticket distribution is also strife with holes. People with both MSG shows GA?

Nobody that I know of won GA to both MSG shows. It's through trading of +1 tickets that people have a single GA ticket to both shows. That is what I did. Surely that is not a problem, is it? The rest of your argument is valid however.
    Post edited by scornlander on
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    I don't get the "when I get there and I'm xx in line and then when peoples +1 shows up I'm yy in line now" how does that really matter? When you got there there could have been already yy in line and you can't go back in time to get there earlier to be xx in line. I get that it's a disappointment but there are often +1 that come it. I've never seen no additional people show up prior to doors opening (I know double negative). I get, if you are the first 10 and that you have been there overnight, but if we are talking about the first 40 there are always people coming in and joining. So #45 should be surprised to become #50.

Canadian leg starts next Thursday. See everyone there!
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    BCBA said:

very very well said.
    and fwiw....the bruce system is definitely the way to go.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220

BCBA said:

I think the GA ticket distribution is also strife with holes. People with both MSG shows GA?

Nobody that I know of won GA to both MSG shows. It's through trading of +1 tickets that people have a single GA ticket to both shows. That is what I did. Surely that is not a problem, is it? The rest of your argument is valid however.
    I saw that the individual who cannot wait in line with the digestive issues and his GF had GA for the 2 MSG shows (and was trying to get rid of one?). It is possible they are both 10c fans and both hit the long odds.

Also, for the southern leg, I noticed from the social media posts that there was a number of usual suspects camping out in the GA line at several shows.
  • Options
    BCBA said:

I saw that the individual who cannot wait in line with the digestive issues and his GF had GA for the 2 MSG shows (and was trying to get rid of one?). It is possible they are both 10c fans and both hit the long odds.

Also, for the southern leg, I noticed from the social media posts that there was a number of usual suspects camping out in the GA line at several shows.

Yes, that is true. Couples could (and have) hit the GA jackpot if they each have a 10c membership. Good point.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Question?

Since we have been able to get rid of those PIECES OF SHIT, known as the "Line and the Listers" (and I know EXACTLY who you idiots are), Has there been any posts here on this board, THIS TOUR, about any nonsense in the GA line? Have their been any negative posts, in regards to how people are behaving in the GA line? Because if there have been any negative posts, accusing people of acting like assholes, I sure the hell haven't come across those posts. Not one.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Question?

Since we have been able to get rid of those PIECES OF SHIT, known as the "Line and the Listers" (and I know EXACTLY who you idiots are), Has there been any posts here on this board, THIS TOUR, about any nonsense in the GA line? Have their been any negative posts, in regards to how people are behaving in the GA line? Because if there have been any negative posts, accusing people of acting like assholes, I sure the hell haven't come across those posts. Not one.

zero
  • Options
    complicating a dynamic that needs no complication
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^^^^This. My wife lives with severe chronic pain. Going to shows is a momentary release from that pain. You think I'm going to make her wait in any line with me? She rests while I do the work. Never had a problem but it doesn't mean that people like those in this thread weren't thinking it. Dissappointed in how people behave.

And don't get me started on that GA group from the 2014 midwest/Denver run! The GA line started on the freaking plane! They shoved their way past rows of seats that people were patiently waiting to exit. It was embarrassing cuz I knew they were PJ fans in a hurry to get to the venue so they could be in line.

It's not like you have to wait in line. Is GA even an appropriate choice for someone with severe chronic pain? How would she stand for 6 hours straight?
    No shit, well said! The "I HAVE to get the rail" sense of entitlement this tour is fucking unbelievable even without the Numbered Hands/Fake List people.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Should anyone be concerned that the bar for getting to the front is being raised to comical levels?

Just saw on the book of faces, someone was 12th in line for Lexington... all they had to do was line up 36 hours before Pearl Jam took the stage.

There is a point where a venue(s) start to complain. It is a security concern with people camping out on their property, now for multiple days. Also I heard, at least for Columbia, there was a landfill left behind where the line used to be.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    Are people lined up for philly yet?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Should anyone be concerned that the bar for getting to the front is being raised to comical levels?

I can't even imagine what it would take to get the rail for these Philly/MSG shows.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    speedy exactly knows the idiots...
    dude i just became one of THEM and you don't know me...YET...but you will
    cheese whiz
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804

speedy exactly knows the idiots...
    dude i just became one of THEM and you don't know me...YET...but you will
    cheese whiz

You are one of the "Line and Listers"?
    Really? And you come here and admit to it?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised that anyone who just camped on a concrete sidewalk all night and all day even have the energy to enjoy the show once they get in there, lol..... Maybe that's why the pits sometimes lack the energy one would expect. Everyone is completely physically and emotionally drained from their quest to be at the front, hahaha.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    mcgruff10 said:

Are people lined up for philly yet?

I'm lined up for MSG already. Got me a slice from Sbarros and my depends on, all set. See you all Sunday.
    NYPJ