Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I was just refunded for the variant as well. PayPal receipt was issued 12:02.

I agree, Steve handled this very professionally. I'm disapointed but there are much worse tragedies. Congrats to all of you that got through in time to score one!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    so it seems like he is making his way down the variants now. Being earlier than 12:01:30, I feel pretty confident.

It also looks like the 'early' orders are being honored, which I think is fair.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

MayDay10 said:

ski-bum said:

They sent me an email crediting me for ONE of the two variants I bought BEFORE 12:00
    When I purchased them I had gone directly to his site. Not knowing if he was selling them at all. There they were for sale. I knew nothing about a limit or what time they were suppose to go on sale. So I got 2,thinking I was the luckiest guy. Then when I came here, I heard all the flaming.
    I never planned on flipping them. One was going to be used as a funds raiser for my son's memorial fund at Boston Children's.
    I hope you feel better

I don't recall anyone flaming you. You came and posted in multiple threads that you scored 2 and multiple people, myself included, informed you that it was a limit of 1 and you'd probably be refunded for one. You asked additional questions and additional answers were given.
    maybe he means this? Tried to flip it for a '98 Great Woods and got some 'feedback'?

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6253104/#Comment_6253104
    Wow.... just wow... Charity eh?
    Hahahaha wow. Buys 2, brags, tries to flip one immediately for trade, gets refunded for one, pulls the son's memorial fund card for sympathy. The Aristocrats.
    Now I remember why I don't have 1000 post on this board
    Only said once that I got two
    The one is still for my son's memorial fund
    I'm going back to having a life
    Good bye
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Got my refund....picked the Martian Winter Olympics print as my freebie....I think its pretty cool
  • Options
    12:01:48 order just refunded on the Variant. Major bummer seeing as I saw the regular version poster up for sale early but held off (to get the Variant) and also because I did NOT order one of each when I easily could have (and probably would have gotten the regular version).

Now I sit here with 5 of the 6 Fenway Posters but without any version of the Thomas to complete the set, despite waiting in lines all weekend, attending both shows, etc. Oh well, that is life and I do appreciate his honesty and handling of the situation.

Seems like he may come through with something special for those cancelled, I am hopeful for a second variant.
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    ski-bum said:

MayDay10 said:

ski-bum said:

They sent me an email crediting me for ONE of the two variants I bought BEFORE 12:00
    When I purchased them I had gone directly to his site. Not knowing if he was selling them at all. There they were for sale. I knew nothing about a limit or what time they were suppose to go on sale. So I got 2,thinking I was the luckiest guy. Then when I came here, I heard all the flaming.
    I never planned on flipping them. One was going to be used as a funds raiser for my son's memorial fund at Boston Children's.
    I hope you feel better

I don't recall anyone flaming you. You came and posted in multiple threads that you scored 2 and multiple people, myself included, informed you that it was a limit of 1 and you'd probably be refunded for one. You asked additional questions and additional answers were given.
    maybe he means this? Tried to flip it for a '98 Great Woods and got some 'feedback'?

Hahahaha wow. Buys 2, brags, tries to flip one immediately for trade, gets refunded for one, pulls the son's memorial fund card for sympathy. The Aristocrats.
    Good bye
    If true, please post info on the auction or raffle as maybe someone might be interested.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    ski-bum said:

MayDay10 said:

ski-bum said:

I hope you feel better

Good bye
    Stop while you still think you're ahead. You posted in 2 different threads that you got 2. The Boston merch thread and the poster thread. You might not have 1000 posts but you have a hard time keeping your story straight.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    I ordered two (thought the limit was one of each type), got the variant refunded just now.
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    12:02:33 variant refunded

These artists should start doing a dutch auction for limited edition APs. It's the only real way to ensure that somebody isn't buying to flip, and if there's profit to be made, it should go to the artist. Or maybe they set a base price and donate any proceeds above that figure from a dutch auction to the Vitalogy Foundation.
  • Options
    I just got my paypal refund from Steve, really wanted this variant. Oh well, Bring on Wrigley!!! Congrats to those that got one
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Where is the coupon for a free poster attached?
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Is someone offering one up for charity? Please post the details on how to enter and also the recipient!
  • Options
    Used the free coupon to buy one of his Wizard of Oz travel posters. Will have it framed and give to someone close to me that is a huge Wizard of Oz fan for Christmas. Not a bad deal.....thanks Steve.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    refunded
    checkout under a minute as soon as it went up

paypal came late 12:03

A friend had a show edition for me...I said I was cool cause I had this...he gave it away

now I have none....as long as the flippers get thiers

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited August 2016
    I wouldn't mind having a lottery system for posters if there isn't going to be a random sale time. Cleary bots are winning the day.
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    The free poster code is in your refund email. He does have a lot of cool stuff
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    If I got a refund I would definitely save my code until after the Wrigley artists are announced. Just in case.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    I got refunded. What a bummer. Where are you seeing the code? Is it in a separate email?
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Refunded for regular. Very generous with the free print though.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    Mark5 AP and variant available now
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Damn I was quick on the draw and still missed the Mark5 Variant. (Only 100, and he was not selling them all today)
    Was able to go back in and get the AP for the standard, which is cool...wanted that green one though. Oh well!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Mark5 AP and variant available now

Variant sold out in under a minute.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    Variant is gone
  • Options
    AlexanaAlexana Posts: 66
    Had the MARK5 Variant in the cart, hit pay on PayPal and it said my cart was empty. Got confirmation on the AP.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2016
    Fucking ridiculous. Put something in cart, checkout then as you hit submit for payment its no longer there and your cart says empty. WTF. If it's in your cart you should be able to buy it. I give up with the fucking poster bullshit. It's like if someone grabbed your milk gallon out of your shopping cart in the grocery store cause there were none left. Just plain asinine. I'm sure there will be some on EBay soon...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,433
    Got a variant, hope it doesn't get refunded. :)

Ok I will let it go now.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Ok I will let it go now.

What was your paypal stamp time? Mine was 2:00:39 EST.

19 minutes in and the regular variant is still up, thought 300 would go a little quicker.
  • Options
    Stone McVedderStone McVedder Posts: 68
    edited August 2016
    PP193448 said:

Fucking ridiculous. Put something in cart, checkout then as you hit submit for payment its no longer there and your cart says empty. WTF. If it's in your cart you should be able to buy it. I give up with the fucking poster bullshit. It's like if someone grabbed your milk gallon out of your shopping cart in the grocery store cause there were none left. Just plain asinine. I'm sure there will be some on EBay soon...

In the real world, if someone needed that Milk, and you had it in your grocery cart, you know for damn sure someone would be grabbing it! Seems fair and like real life to me. Its not yours till you paid for it.

ALL TONGUE IN CHEEK
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,433
    EM194007 said:

scurtis said:

Ok I will let it go now.

19 minutes in and the regular variant is still up, thought 300 would go a little quicker.
    This feels like the Olympics! 11:00:33 PDT
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

scurtis said:

Ok I will let it go now.

This feels like the Olympics! 11:00:33 PDT
    :rofl: That was a good one.

Got both e-mails, the confirmation from paypal, and the "your order has been received" one from F4D. Should be good, if you get the F4D e-mail.