The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,433
    EM194007 said:

scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

scurtis said:

Got a variant, hope it doesn't get refunded. :)

Ok I will let it go now.

What was your paypal stamp time? Mine was 2:00:39 EST.

19 minutes in and the regular variant is still up, thought 300 would go a little quicker.
    This feels like the Olympics! 11:00:33 PDT
    :rofl: That was a good one.

Got both e-mails, the confirmation from paypal, and the "your order has been received" one from F4D. Should be good, if you get the F4D e-mail.
    Yeah I did, not really worried about it getting refunded, I know that's rare. Kind of a tongue in cheek dig I guess, like a lot of people, the Thomas one was my fav, oh well. Another time maybe.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2016

PP193448 said:

Fucking ridiculous. Put something in cart, checkout then as you hit submit for payment its no longer there and your cart says empty. WTF. If it's in your cart you should be able to buy it. I give up with the fucking poster bullshit. It's like if someone grabbed your milk gallon out of your shopping cart in the grocery store cause there were none left. Just plain asinine. I'm sure there will be some on EBay soon...

In the real world, if someone needed that Milk, and you had it in your grocery cart, you know for damn sure someone would be grabbing it! Seems fair and like real life to me. Its not yours till you paid for it.

ALL TONGUE IN CHEEK
    Sure. Next time your in line for merch at a PJ concert, then guess you won't have any problem with someone grabbing the last Tshirt you have in your hand while your taking your wallet out to pay. Real life would be assault and battery, but that can't happen online...
    I'm just venting. I know it's not yours til you buy it, but why the hell have the cart process if no one honors the damn cart...
    And if someone grabbed the last gallon of milk out of my shopping cart, there would be some fucking hell raised...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    2 Mark 5 variants already on eBay. :loser:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    All artists need to use the company that hosts Brad Klausens online shop. You put the milk in the cart, and no one gonna steal it.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

Fucking ridiculous. Put something in cart, checkout then as you hit submit for payment its no longer there and your cart says empty. WTF. If it's in your cart you should be able to buy it. I give up with the fucking poster bullshit. It's like if someone grabbed your milk gallon out of your shopping cart in the grocery store cause there were none left. Just plain asinine. I'm sure there will be some on EBay soon...

In the real world, if someone needed that Milk, and you had it in your grocery cart, you know for damn sure someone would be grabbing it! Seems fair and like real life to me. Its not yours till you paid for it.

ALL TONGUE IN CHEEK
    Sure. Next time your in line for merch at a PJ concert, then guess you won't have any problem with someone grabbing the last Tshirt you have in your hand while your taking your wallet out to pay. Real life would be assault and battery, but that can't happen online...
    I'm just venting. I know it's not yours til you buy it, but why the hell have the cart process if no one honors the damn cart...
    And if someone grabbed the last gallon of milk out of my shopping cart, there would be some fucking hell raised...
    Have to agree on that part 100% on the cart process. A few artist sites do hold the item in the car for a little while, then they dump the cart. At least they give you ample time to pay that way.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The original is > the Variant in this case.

Red and Green is a bad combo IMO
  • Options
    jazzbo26 said:

All artists need to use the company that hosts Brad Klausens online shop. You put the milk in the cart, and no one gonna steal it.

I think Brad built that custom for his site with a web developer. Not 100% but seem to remember him mentioning that at one point.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

The original Red and Blue is the Cubs (Wrigley) colors. Red and Green is more the Soxs (Fenway) colors, IMO.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    EM194007 said:

MayDay10 said:

The original Red and Blue is the Cubs (Wrigley) colors. Red and Green is more the Soxs (Fenway) colors, IMO.
    The red sox are navy blue and red.
  • Options
    I think the 'fenway green' would be a lighter shade
  • Options

EM194007 said:

MayDay10 said:

True, but was meaning more into leaning to incorporate Fenway (Green) and the team (Red).
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

MayDay10 said:

True, but was meaning more into leaning to incorporate Fenway (Green) and the team (Red).
    Either way, both are great posters!
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

MayDay10 said:

Either way, both are great posters!
    Very, very true statement. Can't believe that the Reg AP is still available at F4D 1 hour and 20 minutes after they went on sale. Guess the flippers didn't make the money off the show edition (you can get them for cost on the bay) that their not playing with the AP's.
  • Options
    at $75 it was an easy buy
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    edited August 2016

If I got a refund I would definitely save my code until after the Wrigley artists are announced. Just in case.

Hi,
    I also got refunded this afternoon. C'est a vie. I do like your idea above; however, I don't think there's any way we would be able to use our refund discount code on a Wrigley poster done by Thomas. Clever, but wishful, thinking. Have a nice day and week.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Better analogy is "I have 100 gallons of milk at home that I don't drink, but this one that got taken out of my shopping cart is EVERYTHING."
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    pjl44 said:

Better analogy is "I have 100 gallons of milk at home that I don't drink, but this one that got taken out of my shopping cart is EVERYTHING."

True. Or maybe this is the last gallon of regular milk and I really like chocolate, but I'm gonna trade the regular for chocolate with my neighbor... (I'm not saying I was gonna do this with the poster, just saying...)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    From F4D Management:

We changed our cart system about 6 months ago because we were sick of customers "cart hoarding" items (keeping them in their carts just under the 10 minute limit and telling their friends they are going to "release" them in case they wanted to purchase them). To combat it we would drop all inventory of posters but it ended up being really messy and a waste of everyone's time. Customers could essentially handcuff our sales because they could keep any quantity of one print in their carts, preventing everyone else from purchasing them (and worse, it would show it as "sold out" to customers trying to purchase it...which would result in them believing the items are in fact sold out and they would give up trying). Someone or a group of customers were doing it to us almost every sale so it would derail our drops. Now it's set as first-come, first-serve. Whoever checks out first gets the item, which we think is the fairest way we can do it considering.

One thing that people have to remember is that hundreds (if not thousands) of customers are sometimes trying for a print - even if we had the old system there would still be upset customers since whoever adds it in their cart first would have dibs. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. No matter what type of cart system we have in place we're going to have upset customers. It's the nature of the beast with highly sought-after items!
  • Options
    Regular Mark5 AP still available 2 1/2 hours after it went on sale.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

This shocks me, even with 300 prints available.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Crazy. Especially because it is 1) arguably the 2nd best print and 2) fairly affordable for an AP.

• Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    edited August 2016
    Can't believe the A/P mark5 is still available! Though it makes me extremely happy to see the flippers struggle.
    Post edited by fl4tdriven on
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited August 2016
    scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

While this is a REALLY good poster,
    I think it's the playing card theme keeping it from selling...
    it's been done a few too many times the last few years!!
    Did this one sell out at the venue??
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    derbydave said:

scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

Easily available. I agree with Dave on the playing card theme. I also didn't like the colours. That being said, I grabbed one at the show anyway #onceaposterwhorealwaysaposterwhore
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Suziemay said:

derbydave said:

scurtis said:

EM194007 said:

Easily available. I agree with Dave on the playing card theme. I also didn't like the colours. That being said, I grabbed one at the show anyway #onceaposterwhorealwaysaposterwhore
    AND I would've bought one too...
    if I had done the shows at FENWAY!!
    #HugePosterNerdToo
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    I hope there's a matching Wrigley print, even if the card idea has been done many times before.
  • Options
    Four hours and still not sold out of the Mark5 regular AP. If you want one, better grab one. Shocked it's still available.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    EM194007 said:

Four hours and still not sold out of the Mark5 regular AP. If you want one, better grab one. Shocked it's still available.

I'm not surprised. Auctions for show editions are ending at $35-45. When prices are that low, some people just don't care about a signature and would rather get it cheaper somewhere else (plus the sig would be upside-down for people who wanted to frame it with the 5th on top).
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    I agree. I have no interest in getting a non-variant AP unless it is the cheaper way for me to get the print. I don't really care about the signature.
  • Options
    It was my second favourite print from Fenway after the Thomas one (ISO)...

Got the green monster from Ames the other day, so probably it for me for Fenway, other than the Thomas print.